April 25, 2024, 09:34:25 PM

Author Topic: T&T Coast Guard new vessels  (Read 56906 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Coast Guard new vessels
« on: January 26, 2010, 12:56:14 PM »
http://www.solentwaters.co.uk/JAlbumnews/Recentnews/slides/Port%20of%20Spain.JPG

TTS Port of Spain : New flag ship of the coast guard.
She has two sister ships TTS Scarborough and TTS San Fernando.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-LLXLeDcQ&feature=related
Launching of TTS Scarborough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWXMTlHi70
T&T will also have six new Fast Patrol Boats
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:03:46 PM by che »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Coast Guard new vessels
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 06:10:52 PM »
kinda big

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »
nice!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

AirMan

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »
Good !!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 09:38:03 PM »
any bets on how long before dem coast guard  start to charter dat bing one for private kanaval party?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 08:46:32 AM »
any bets on how long before dem coast guard  start to charter dat bing one for private kanaval party?

any historical precedence for such as question?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:23:33 AM »

hmmm...ah fine yuh take long to bristle

dem yoot not as disciplined as back when you was in dey.....ah sure yuh follow de one who shoot he pardna in the barracks over ah gyul
Bunji go be performin on de bridge of de big ship by septemeber....by de way tell assrancid dat davyjenny lookin fuh he
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »

hmmm...ah fine yuh take long to bristle

dem yoot not as disciplined as back when you was in dey.....ah sure yuh follow de one who shoot he pardna in the barracks over ah gyul
Bunji go be performin on de bridge of de big ship by septemeber....by de way tell assrancid dat davyjenny lookin fuh he

The story is that he shot his friend over a girl.  Let us wait to see what the evidence says and not barracks room chat.  The father of the shooter happens to be a very close friend of mine since childhood and a respected member of the T&T Coast Guard too.

As for assrancid, he is his own man regardless of what you or anyone else hears believes.  The youth don't run the T&T Coast guard it is an organization with tradition.  You have not answered my question so I guess that you are conceding that there are no historical precedence.

By the way, no one here has the ability to make be bristle, if I rest down a cuss is becasue I fwlt to, not because anyone made me do it.

Now doh f**k wit me today eh.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 08:54:03 PM »
  You have not answered my question so I guess that you are conceding that there are no historical precedence.

By the way, no one here has the ability to make be bristle, if I rest down a cuss is becasue I fwlt to, not because anyone made me do it.

Now doh f**k wit me today eh.

mmm mmm e-thug flexin in he muscle shirt today eh?

I eh have no historical or empirical precedent or even ence that trinidad police does use de squad cars for personal baccahanal or does rent out dey gun either, but ahm.......
ah go see if de rumshop maco could provide anecdotal evidence

tell assrancid de guard yoots different from when you and kelshall use to lime dong in chag

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 09:07:33 PM »
you like shit too much, maybe you should change your name to shitty?

I was jes kicksing with the f**k remark fella. I was jes playing on yuh bristling remark...doh dig nutten I was kicksing.  But that said yuh does play de arse sometimes a little too much..cool?

The T&T Coast Guard never had a reputation for playing with their vessels, and for your info, the men who run it now were the same men I used to work with back then!
They are the ones in charge not the youth as I earlier pointed out.  But in your obvious haste to denigrate a fine organization yuh run yuh damn mout without regard for the truth!

Maybe after the older heads retire and you actually get an instance or three then yuh could re-wind and come with yuh shitty ass remarks about feteing on the vessels.

Just because one Guardsman shot another is the service any less respectable.  No organization can guarantee that ALL their members will operate above board all the time.  I can assure you that there have always been those who stain the honour of the organization from time to time, but yuh damn fast to come here and besmirch the T&T Coast Guard without any provocation whatsoever.

There is much that can be improved, but you will be hard pressed to find a more honorable unit in Trinidad and Tobago.  That said I spent more time in the US Navy than I did in the T&T CG...still...it is my CG.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 09:13:52 PM »
 :cursing: :nailbiting: :violin: :violin: :yapping:

:salute: :salute:

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
:cursing: :nailbiting: :violin: :violin: :yapping:

:salute: :salute:

all ah dat and yuh still did talk shit

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:39:34 AM by che »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »
good now we could take over Barbados now  :)
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 09:07:33 AM »
good now we could take over Barbados now  :)

We already take that rock over already, them boats is for the invasion of Jamaica.  CEMENT< BANKING>RUM>AIR JAMAICA>NEXT STOP......MOBAY!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 09:10:26 AM »
 :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »
That go be cool if PNM could buy up the Caribbean eh ,if they smart enough to pull  that off ah go be a PNM for life !

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »
ah bounce up some young coast guards down the islands ah couple years back on ah dingy with at trolling motor and one maco size gun mounted on the front (thing weighting dong the backho inner tube). Is the most screw face humans I ever see in meh life. The sour tamarind I get from the tree on the island was like granulated sugar when compared to these youths sourness. Ah mean I sure they can't be fren fren while securing the boundaries of this great nation... but oh gosh man. Not because you have automatic caps gun and glorified school boy uniform yuh go get orn so man.

Service people in TnT does not make themselves approachable to the average citizen. Is as if they want people to fraid them.

I cud only imagine how much more screw face they'll be when they on that vessel.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 09:56:33 AM »
I hope they they use it to help stop the guns and drugs from coming in. Rell youths have gun now in T&T, where the hell all these guns come from?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 10:06:13 AM »
sad thing about the fast boats is the fellas can't drive.. most pple down de islands drive better than them. Is real cuss they get over xmas cuz they ram my cousin boat trying to board. I haven't met sour ones the couple of times we been boarded tho. They have been pretty cool
Back in Trini...

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 11:20:18 AM »
ah bounce up some young coast guards down the islands ah couple years back on ah dingy with at trolling motor and one maco size gun mounted on the front (thing weighting dong the backho inner tube). Is the most screw face humans I ever see in meh life. The sour tamarind I get from the tree on the island was like granulated sugar when compared to these youths sourness. Ah mean I sure they can't be fren fren while securing the boundaries of this great nation... but oh gosh man. Not because you have automatic caps gun and glorified school boy uniform yuh go get orn so man.

Service people in TnT does not make themselves approachable to the average citizen. Is as if they want people to fraid them.

I cud only imagine how much more screw face they'll be when they on that vessel.

Some ah dem really does remind me of the Canadian Navy

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 11:26:22 AM »

Some ah dem really does remind me of the Canadian Navy

I'm sure you're correct.There's got to be a few good ones.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 09:54:38 AM »
PM: Security cloak for T&T
Four new fast patrol vessels to help deter entry of illegal arms, drugs

Denyse Renne drenne@trinidadexpress.com
Sunday, February 28th 2010
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161601670

on show: Newly acquired coast guard fast patrol vessels during a display at yesterday's welcoming ceremony at Staubles Bay, Chaguaramas. -Photo: JERMAINE CRUICKSHANK

Prime Minister Patrick Manning yesterday promised T&T will soon be cloaked in a security blanket, making it difficult for illegal arms, ammunition and drugs to penetrate its maritime boarders.

Manning made the promise in his feature address at yesterday’s commissioning of six fast patrol vessels at Stauble’s Bay, Chaguaramas.

The vessels-CG11 T&T Scarlet Ibis, CG12 T&T Hibiscus, CG13 T&T Humming Bird, CG14 T&T Chaconia, CG 15 T&T Poui and CG16 T&T Teak -now joins the coast guard’s fleet of ten interceptors and four older interceptors. Manning said, currently, T&T faces two major problems, one being the issue of illegal drugs, namely cocaine, and the other the entry of illegal firearms into the country.

Stating that criminal elements have a thriving business from the importation and sale of these illegal items, Manning said fifty to sixty per cent of crime arises from the ’drug and illegal arms trade’.

Referring to the 1985 Scotland Yard Drug Report, Manning said one of the conclusions of the report was that T&T ’is small enough to eradicate the drug trade’.

He said the recently acquired vessels will work hand in hand with the 360-degree radar system, obtained from Israel, to ensure T&T receives adequate coverage. He said already, ten radars were installed throughout T&T and were fully operational, with security agencies studying strategies and determining ways to address issues of detection.

Manning also said three off patrol vessels (OPV) are due to arrive in the country in July, before the end of the year and next year respectively, and will work alongside other security agencies to ensure the security of the country’s borders.

Saying T&T’s sea capabilities will soon be up to strength, he said Government has been assured the required training will be entrusted to those using the vessels.

Manning also spoke about the growth of the illegal drug industry, noting ’drug dealers no longer count money but weigh it’, but said with the acquisition of the vessels, T&T will see a reduction in crime.

’The Government recognises that if we are able to stem the illegal importation of cocaine and other drugs and the illegal importation of arms, we can see a reduction in crime by 50 per cent,’ he said.

The prime minister also thanked National Security Minister Martin Joseph, saying he has persevered despite criticism over the crime scourge in the country.

Also speaking at the ceremony was Chief of Defence Staff Brig Edmund Dillon who said receipt of the vessels will surely transform the protective services, making T&T ’a safe and secure environment for people to work, live and play’.

Commanding Officer of the Coast Guard Cpt Kent Moore also spoke at the event which was attended by Attorney General John Jeremie, Chief Justice Ivor Archie, and other Government ministers.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 12:17:17 PM »
Nice to have the new boats. But all the speaches are pure BULL!!!!!

AirMan

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 07:22:53 PM »
Prime Minister says this country is... for the first time in its history ready to fight the illegal drug trade

Video..http://www.cbeanmedia.org/TV6NEWS_F4V/Links/PM_manning_TT_ready_to_fight_illegal_drug_trade_2010_02_27.htm

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 08:15:06 PM »
Prime Minister says this country is... for the first time in its history ready to fight the illegal drug trade

Video..http://www.cbeanmedia.org/TV6NEWS_F4V/Links/PM_manning_TT_ready_to_fight_illegal_drug_trade_2010_02_27.htm

good find

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 09:51:37 PM »
The Guardian had a better picture. The floating Manning is a nice touch   ::)

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 07:23:58 AM »
hahaha
Youtube Channel

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:33:35 PM by che »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 09:08:56 PM »
With all the naval vessels we collecting to protect the coast. Lets say the CG seize coke and marijuana, where do they store it. Is it handed over to the police. I hope not.  Because now they investigating missing coke from a police station.  But how trustworthy are the sailors.This whole thing go be like throwin' water in basket.

1]; } ?>