April 28, 2024, 04:23:13 PM

Author Topic: Haitian woman: Let my family in Trinidad  (Read 2436 times)

AirMan

Haitian woman: Let my family in Trinidad
« on: January 22, 2010, 01:27:27 AM »
A Haitian woman who came to Trinidad 20 years ago to escape political and economic upheaval, is asking Government to allow her daughters who survived last week’s earthquake, to come here on humanitarian grounds.

Marie Helen Bruce said her family survived the quake in the town of Carrefour, where half the buildings collapsed, including theirs. Read the rest here http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161585450

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Haitian woman: Let my family in Trinidad
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:15:23 AM »
The Foreign Affairs Ministry said on Wednesday that it held no position on allowing Haitians into Trinidad on humanitarians grounds.

It was a matter for the National Security Ministry, the Express was told, but the National Security Minister has no power to grant such entry, according to the Immigration Act.

Folly writ large.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 05:18:16 AM »
Do we have a Foreign policy on anything??.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 07:53:10 AM »
Eric Williams once said that T&T's foreign policy was to have none - concentrate on the homeland. (I'm paraphasing).

20 years ago she left her daughters?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »
The Foreign Affairs Ministry said on Wednesday that it held no position on allowing Haitians into Trinidad on humanitarians grounds.

It was a matter for the National Security Ministry, the Express was told, but the National Security Minister has no power to grant such entry, according to the Immigration Act.

Dat eh true.

De UNC Government did let een thousands a Guyanese when dem was in power.  It couldn't be based on nutten else dan humanitarian grounds needahh.

PNM under Eric did let een thousands of small islanders...grenadian, vincy, etc fuh de same reasons.  Plenty of Laventille is dem chirren.

Now de REAL reason in both cases was voter padding...but humanitarian grounds sound better.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 05:12:05 PM »

Dat eh true.

De UNC Government did let een thousands a Guyanese when dem was in power.  It couldn't be based on nutten else dan humanitarian grounds needahh.

PNM under Eric did let een thousands of small islanders...grenadian, vincy, etc fuh de same reasons.  Plenty of Laventille is dem chirren.

Now de REAL reason in both cases was voter padding...but humanitarian grounds sound better.

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »

Dat eh true.

yeah
how ya feel we get Sparrow ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »

Dat eh true.

yeah
how ya feel we get Sparrow ;D

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »
if they was grenadian or vincy they woulda get through with no fuss

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 09:49:08 PM »
haitian gyul sweet...let them cum.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »
A Haitian woman who came to Trinidad 20 years ago to escape political and economic upheaval, is asking Government to allow her daughters who survived last week’s earthquake, to come here on humanitarian grounds.

Marie Helen Bruce said her family survived the quake in the town of Carrefour, where half the buildings collapsed, including theirs. Read the rest here http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161585450

Some of dem comments under the article written by viewers of de Express dont surprise me at all..

AirMan

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 11:30:30 PM »
Haitian to Govt: Help my daughters
Richard Charan News Editor, South Bureau

Friday, January 29th 2010

National Security Minister Martin Joseph is being asked to exercise his power and allow the children of a Haitian-born woman living in Trinidad to be accepted here on humanitarians grounds.

The two daughters of Marie Helen Bruce survived the earthquake that destroyed much of the Haitian capital Port-au-Prince two weeks ago. Since then, they have been living in a tent on a street outside the family’s collapsed home in the town of Carrefour. Bruce’s mother and infant grandchild are also homeless survivors...Read the rest here http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161588819

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 10:59:50 AM »
Dem f**kers in immigration threaten to deport mi fadda who was was born raised and lived 40 of his years in trinidad dey guh let haitians in? let dem hatinas stay wey dey at eh fadda. God vex wid dem, we eh want dem blyte to tek we country. It bad as it is but doh mek it worst. Let Dem Stay a haiti fadda.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 11:13:38 AM »
As long as she is here legally and is earning enough to take care of her family so they don't become a burden on the taxpayers of T&T.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 12:41:04 PM »
warmonga,
                  I take real exception to your attitude!!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
Dem f**kers in immigration threaten to deport mi fadda who was was born raised and lived 40 of his years in trinidad dey guh let haitians in? let dem hatinas stay wey dey at eh fadda. God vex wid dem, we eh want dem blyte to tek we country. It bad as it is but doh mek it worst. Let Dem Stay a haiti fadda.
war
War ah pardna lookin for someting to geh he some REAL psychoses
I know ya have ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>