April 26, 2024, 06:41:52 PM

Author Topic: Panorama 2010  (Read 10081 times)

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Panorama 2010
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 06:11:13 AM »
Exodus will not challenge results

Exodus Steel Orchestra will not challenge the semifinal results of Sunday’s National Panorama semifinals at the Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain, manager Ainsworth Mohammed said yesterday.

The band placed 12th in the standings, locking it out of the top ten bands moving on to the finals on Carnival Saturday.

Initially band members protested and said they challenge the results, but Mohammed said Exodus will respect the judges’ decision.

’We will not challenge the results. Yes we are very disappointed because we know the music we played and the work we put out and this hurts us very much. The quality of our performance was good and this is not coming from us only because the general feedback is that Exodus sounded good. We have been around Panorama for a very long time and we know what is good enough to make it to a final or to win,’ Mohammed said.

Mohammed said his immediate focus was to ensure his musicians were dealing with the outcome.

He said the band from St John’s Road, St Augustine has faced disappointment before and will bounce back stronger and ready to face the judges be it at Panorama or the Steelpan Music Festival.

’We are resilient and will just dust off and move on from here. Exodus has been here before and we came back stronger than ever before,’ Mohammed said.

Exodus placed 12th with a score of 255 points playing ’Pan in de mas’ composed and arranged by Pelham Goddard.

The last time the band failed to make it to the National Panorama finals was in 1989 when it played ’One More Officer’ also arranged by Goddard.

Since then it has won the title four times.

Since 1992 it has not placed lower than fourth at the national finals.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 07:21:45 PM »
Exodus will not challenge results

Exodus Steel Orchestra will not challenge the semifinal results of Sunday’s National Panorama semifinals at the Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain, manager Ainsworth Mohammed said yesterday.

The band placed 12th in the standings, locking it out of the top ten bands moving on to the finals on Carnival Saturday.

Initially band members protested and said they challenge the results, but Mohammed said Exodus will respect the judges’ decision.

’We will not challenge the results. Yes we are very disappointed because we know the music we played and the work we put out and this hurts us very much. The quality of our performance was good and this is not coming from us only because the general feedback is that Exodus sounded good. We have been around Panorama for a very long time and we know what is good enough to make it to a final or to win,’ Mohammed said.

Mohammed said his immediate focus was to ensure his musicians were dealing with the outcome.

He said the band from St John’s Road, St Augustine has faced disappointment before and will bounce back stronger and ready to face the judges be it at Panorama or the Steelpan Music Festival.

’We are resilient and will just dust off and move on from here. Exodus has been here before and we came back stronger than ever before,’ Mohammed said.

Exodus placed 12th with a score of 255 points playing ’Pan in de mas’ composed and arranged by Pelham Goddard.

The last time the band failed to make it to the National Panorama finals was in 1989 when it played ’One More Officer’ also arranged by Goddard.

Since then it has won the title four times.

Since 1992 it has not placed lower than fourth at the national finals.

These writers don't do their research.  Exodus placed 5th in 94, 7th in 06 and just last year 6th.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2010, 07:45:12 AM »
Best of luck at the finals.

Yes , gades going to need it.  ;D

[/quote]

Gahead, give me fat talk. I could take it.
Judging by the points spread, it seems luck wasn't much of a lady to tout monde...
We will see soon enough.
I will have my North Stand picnic basket packed, a cooler with some Carib and my headphones on to listen to the finals on Ctnt or who ever I could get to give me a proper feed without buffering every 4 liss-meh-neck seconds...

1]; } ?>