April 28, 2024, 08:43:04 AM

Author Topic: Any Muslim Forumites....Some thought provoking questions regarding football  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Forumites,

I was reading another post and came across this.

The first leg at Tashkent’s Pakhtakor Stadium on October 8 will kick off at the same time as the original match at 17:05 hrs, but due to the Islamic fasting month, the second leg at Bahrain’s National Stadium in Manama will now be played at 22:00 hrs.
Then the winner will then travel to CONCACAF to meet the fourth place team from this region on November 12 before the return leg in Asia four days later.

Now I do not want to offend anyone, I am just asking a question so as to be enlightened.

First question......When is Ramadan and what is the duration of the fasting period....i.e dates. If TT makes the 4th place spot will our first home game be within this fasting period.

If Bahrain or Uzbekistan is a predominantly Muslim nation or have players who are practicing, would the fasting affect their performance on the field?

Anyone know how many TT players are Muslim besides Nahkid?

I am looking at the impact this fasting period will have on our team, the match and our opponents.

Thanks in advance.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Any Muslim Forumites....Some thought provoking questions regarding football
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 06:32:07 PM »
http://www.wrmea.com/backissues/0296/9602058.html
Special Exemptions
Muslim children begin fasting seriously at about the age of 13, although they may participate partially in the practice at an earlier age. Elderly people and those who are seriously ill are exempt from fasting. The sick, women during their menstrual period or in childbirth, pregnant women and nursing mothers, travelers under difficult circumstances and soldiers in battle also are exempt by virtue of their temporary circumstances, but they are expected to fast later in the year to make up for the time that they did not fast during Ramadan. By analogy, the exception may be extended to those who are engaged in any sort of hard labor. Those who find it hard to fast or suffer a chronic illness may effect a redemption, i.e., feed a poor individual if they can afford it. The underlying idea is that a burden should not be placed on anyone. This can be discerned from the Qur'anic verse that follows the exemption: "Allah desires ease for you, and He does not desire for you difficulty" (2:185).

and I ent sure of the dates, but i know it comin up in less than 2 months.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 07:47:45 PM »
First question......When is Ramadan and what is the duration of the fasting period....i.e dates. If TT makes the 4th place spot will our first home game be within this fasting period.
According to Ramadan Moonsighting, de first day of Ramadan will be on October 5th and de last day (Eid-al-Fitr) is expected to be on November 4th. Therefore, if we claim 4th place, our playoff games will not take place during Ramadan.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 03:56:23 AM »
I eh no Muslim, but I live here in Turkey and this is what I've picked up.

Ramadan (or Ramazan as we say in TT) is a period of giivng thanks to God and giving to the poor.

You fast really so that u can appreciate what u have all year round.

The fasting is usually from sunrise to sunset...thus the times may differ from country to country...here...it's about 5:30 am to 5:30 pm in the Winter....but finished much later in the Summer.

Thus if u haven't eaten all day...you eat just before the Ram. time in the morning and again later in the evening.

Let's say these ppl are famished and eat at 5:30 pm...how can they perform at 7:00....u don't want to gorge as this would affect how u feel.

Having the game at 22:00 gives them a chance to eat in a proper manner and not eat like "never see come see," and thus affect them physically on the field of play.

Rahim is a Muslim name...so he might be a Muslim..but how many Muslims likewise Catholics etc, actually practice their religion?

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 08:00:21 AM »
They had a program on this last year on Futbol Mundial.. I think...

They interview Zidane as he is one of the more high profile muslims...
I think I remember him saying how he does fast but under heavy monitoring from Real Madrid club doctors... anybody else ketch this program?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When is ramadan or any muslim holiday
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 01:47:04 PM »
If it is when we playing Bahrain it can be a conditioning advantage for us

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
Re: When is ramadan or any muslim holiday
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 02:06:22 PM »
a lady tell me yesterday that Nov 4th is Eid.
First game is the 12th in TT ... 2nd game is the 16th in Bahrain.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 02:13:03 PM »
its right now that they fastin, so i tink by the time the first leg come that would have done a lil while

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 02:26:31 PM »
Only 2 games left before we know who goes to the world cup between T&T and Bahrain.

Play-offs and away goals
In addition to the European play-offs, the team finishing fifth in Asia will play off against the team coming fourth in the North, Central American and Caribbean zone, and the winner of the Oceania preliminary competition will play off against the fifth-placed team from South America for a place in Germany.

For these matches, the knock-out (cup) system will apply (as per Art. 7.9 of the Regulations). This means that for the home and away matches, the team having scored most goals in both games will qualify.

If both teams score the same number of goals in both matches, the goals scored away will be counted as double. If the same number of goals is scored away or both matches end without any goals being scored, two 15-minute periods of extra time shall be played after the second match. If the score is level after extra time, penalty kicks shall be taken to determine the winner.

1]; } ?>