April 28, 2024, 02:39:22 PM

Author Topic: Carnival 2010: Live Video Streaming  (Read 16281 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Carnival 2010: Live Video Streaming
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
I just heard that Beyonce will be on stage with Faye at Soca Monarch tonight ::)......ah now now geh that text.
We'll see..........plus ah going and pay that US dollars for that C stream oui. I need to watch meh Carnival :(
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:16:31 PM by Prematie Bheem »

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 07:40:12 PM »
I just heard that Beyonce will be on stage with Faye at Soca Monarch tonight ::)......ah now now geh that text.
We'll see..........plus ah going and pay that US dollars for that C stream oui. I need to watch meh Carnival :(

really? wey yuh get that info  from?

AirMan

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »

LOL Prematie dream that last night

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 08:40:52 PM »
Hear nah Air.....rumors going all over Monarch at this very moment. Ya dunno what to believe...steupses

Anyhoo it showing live on C for free. Apparently so much people protest, that I guess C decided against the charge. But now every mudda necking person on C and they only facking typing and slowing down the bandwidth..... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »
The Beyonce was Cliff Learmond playing the fool ah he self.....anybody get the code for Sherwayne to text een??  Ah want to support mih boy!!..

Ah find Faye Ann should ah sing "Call mih" instead that has more groove in it....but then I eh ah judge so what do I know, but I eh find she performance was all that.....and ah was backing she for groovy thinking she was singing "Call mih"..... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 09:50:15 PM »
The Beyonce was Cliff Learmond playing the fool ah he self.....anybody get the code for Sherwayne to text een??  Ah want to support mih boy!!..

Ah find Faye Ann should ah sing "Call mih" instead that has more groove in it....but then I eh ah judge so what do I know, but I eh find she performance was all that.....and ah was backing she for groovy thinking she was singing "Call mih"..... :-\

So she win then?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »

So she win then?

Ah like Farmer and Kerwin for de Groovy

AirMan

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »
Groovy should be between Shurwayne and Famer Nappy..both had Wicked tunes and Performances..Faye dont deserve to win..but this competition cannot surprise me

Offline labi

• New Warrior
  • AKINLABINHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »
any links for d show??
akinlabinho

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 02:21:32 AM »
WINNERS

GROOVY SOCA
Shurwayne - Murdah  <--------- much deserved :beermug:
Fay Ann
Rikki Jai
Patrice

POWER SOCA
JW & Blaze
Fay Ann
Tallpree
Shal Marshall and Screws

Lawd ah tired!!! :-\
I ain't go lie, but this year's soca chunes, none of them appeals to me at all. We already know that Palance is Road March...simple!! There's no competition.....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:26:44 AM by Prematie Bheem »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 02:33:32 AM »

LOL Prematie dream that last night

Ent ah tell ya she woulda come out  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ;D

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 02:36:00 AM »
Taken from the Guardian Newspapers:

Finals for Extempo

Gypsy had dethroned Lingo to become the 2010 National Extempo Monarch.

Reigning National Calypso Queen Kizzy Ruiz took the social commentary title with a sterling performance of ’Aide Haiti’. Second was reigning South Calypso Monarch who sang ’A Calypsonian’ while Stinger placed third with ’Make Up Your Mind’.

DeFosto ran away with the political commentary title, having tickled people pink with his rendition of ’In a Palace State of Mind’. Kurt Allen placed second with his very dramatic performance of ’?’, and defending National Calypso Monarch Chalkdust came in third with ’Dr Looklie’.

In the humorous category, Shortpants came out on top singing ’Infidel’, his interesting look at the Tiger Woods controversy in relation to US world policy. Crazy placed second with his witty ’For Carnival’, and All Rounder was third, singing ’Dive’.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 02:44:48 AM »
Shurwayne win the groovy again!
Is like Shurwayne controlling the groovy like how Superblue use to control the Power!

Power results top 4:-
1st Palance
2nd Fayann
3rd Shal (I think was him)
4th Talpree

I hoping Fayann takes the Roadmarch yes cause ah promise myself not listening to soca for rest of 2K10 in protest if Palance a riddim song wins roadmarch!  :praying:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:47:01 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 02:48:42 AM »
See what ah saying ..man in here tellin me about soca mafia in another thread..no one could believe start wining came seond for groovy and Pavement did not place for Groovy..steupse jokey competition..

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:58:32 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 02:58:43 AM »
Socapro Palance done win Roadmarch ..Fay Ann tune true lies is fighting with No Behaviour for second place

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 07:29:06 AM »
Is like Shurwayne controlling the groovy like how Superblue use to control the Power!

1st Palance
2nd Fayann
4th Talpree

I hoping Fayann takes the Roadmarch yes cause ah promise myself not listening to soca for rest of 2K10 in protest if Palance a riddim song wins roadmarch!  :praying:

Big up Shurwayne.....his performance and presentation was tops....ah had a feeling Faye Ann couldn't beat him.....

As for Power well dem fellas get most points for crowd response for sure (10 pts) and they sure as hell got the most texts cuz bmobile system shut down when I try to text for dem.....overload!!!

Socapro, start yuh protest from now....Palance winning Road March.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 07:45:27 AM »
..........and one more thing........yuh see these artistes from up the islands that they insist on bringing to the Soca Monarch simply because they win in their own country is pure TATA!!!...

All of them, with the exception of one or 2....S H I T T Y x 1000!!.....they watering down the quality of the show....I have no idea why the producers of this show insist on going ahead with this stupid move.....let them compete at the Semis and IF they all that, then they could make the finals, it shouldn't be automatic....that is pure dotishness....

All ah dem just fighting up for last place!!!....ah feel ah going to start a petition..... >:( >:( >:( >:(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »
..........and one more thing........yuh see these artistes from up the islands that they insist on bringing to the Soca Monarch simply because they win in their own country is pure TATA!!!...

All of them, with the exception of one or 2....S H I T T Y x 1000!!.....they watering down the quality of the show....I have no idea why the producers of this show insist on going ahead with this stupid move.....let them compete at the Semis and IF they all that, then they could make the finals, it shouldn't be automatic....that is pure dotishness....

All ah dem just fighting up for last place!!!....ah feel ah going to start a petition..... >:( >:( >:( >:(

start it an ah go sign. because i not able to take dese islanders ah nex year. d president of Caribbean Prestige Foundation is not a grenadian  ???. if so dat really explains a lot.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 10:05:42 AM »
GAWD! They go KILL meh with palance.. remix till it can't remix anymore the only mix me eh hear yet is the Didgeridoo one.. this facking red 96 killing meh with the same song ova and ova again.

Any links for the pan tonight?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

1st Palance
2nd Fayann
4th Talpree

Not only that, but isn't Shal's the same riddim?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2010, 01:17:11 PM »
GAWD! They go KILL meh with palance.. remix till it can't remix anymore the only mix me eh hear yet is the Didgeridoo one.. this facking red 96 killing meh with the same song ova and ova again.

Any links for the pan tonight?

C bring it free again tonight, but good luck on getting a smooth feed from them. Even those who paid the subscription fee, got hell to log on and view. I am sure people will ask for a refund. I ain't paying 20US again to get no crappy feed.  DVD should be out by May 2010.

Dimanache Gras would have been something to watch, especially for Kings and Queens :(

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 05:07:14 PM »
lawd all yuh en hear Katzenjammers intro??
oui foute!

ay, bar set high from band #1

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2010, 09:24:41 PM »
Rumours dat the fellas who sing the hit tune "Police" taht finished third in the Monarch was arrested by Police recently..lol that rhel ironic..

AirMan

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2010, 09:51:03 PM »
Minister says Carnival security will extend to Beyonce concert..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDj7DPepPHw
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:30:12 AM by AirMan »

AirMan

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »
KURT ALLEN WINNING PERFORMANCE AT 2k10 CALYPSO MONARCH...http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/4740991

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »
KURT RULES CALYPSO
By SEAN DOUGLAS Tuesday, February 16 2010
http://newsday.co.tt/news/0,115889.html

KURT Allen convincingly won the 2010 Calypso Monarch competition on Sunday night with a lively song, “Too Bright” that hit profligate politicians.

Allen had a strong message, delivered in an amusing way, with a high energy performance that really reached out to the crowd at Dimanche Gras, Queen’s Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain.

In the process, he dethroned veteran and eight-time monarch Hollis “Chalkdust” Liverpool, beat back a field of 13 other contenders and collected the $500,000 first prize.

The calypso competition began as an open contest and stayed so all night as each of the four or five favourites gave great performances, but by the end of Allen’s final-placed rendition, his name was on everyone’s lips. Few would dispute his win.

It is the first time an International Soca Monarch, won by Allen in 1999 with his hit “Dust Dem”, has been crowned a Calypso Monarch.

Allen was a Calypso Monarch finalist in 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997, before switching to soca for a decade, only to return to the Big Yard as a kaiso finalist in 2008. Allen had also composed the song, “Heroes”, which won the 2001 Calypso Monarch crown for Denyse Plummer, with a wrangle over prize money mediated by the then Junior Culture Minister Winston “Gypsy” Peters.

(Peters, a UNC MP, last week won the 2010 Extempo Monarch competition).

On Sunday, Allen beat keen rivals such as 2009 monarch, Chalkdust, and turned the tables on Winston “De Fosto” Scarborough who had beaten Allen into second place in the political commentary class of calypso at Kaisorama last Thursday.

Allen, in his song, hit the Government for its high spending on projects, while citizens suffered: “They keep the blimp in the sky, Look at the crime rate higher than Selassie I.” He hit the Government for spending billions of dollars to host two international summits while many people don’t have a water-supply: “They build a wall, to make sure Obama don’t see the squalor at all.”

Of the Udecott controversy, he moved the crowd as he sung, “If they should make (Dr Keith) Rowley the Prime Minister, Calder Hart go end up in Carerra.”

He also hit the Opposition figures of UNC leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and chairman Jack Warner portrayed on-stage by actors.

Allen’s performance ended with him entering the Red House to eject (Prime Minister Patrick) “Manning” who ended up sleeping on a park-bench in the University of Woodford Square, to the laughter of the crowd.

In previous performances, Allen dressed as a scholar but for Dimanche Gras he adopted the persona of a homeless man.

In trademark fashion Chalkdust came with a new song, “When mas was mas”, changing from “Eye Problems” which he competed with in Kaisorama, when prophetically he placed behind Allen.

With “When mas was mas”, Chalkdust amusingly likened politicians to traditional Carnival characters, comparing the high-spending ruling PNM to a band of Midnight Robbers, and the squabbling Opposition UNC to a band of Wild Indians. But he did not appear to be well rehearsed and a costume change on stage took a little too long, and as a result he lost the crown and placed sixth.

South Calypso Monarch Brian London, who came on stage after Chalkdust, connected with the crowd saying his rivals fell short of his standards for “A Calypsonian” (exemplified by Gypsy, Brigo, Crazy, Valentino, Poser, Mudada and Luta who joined him on-stage), teasing that De Fosto uses an obeah man. He placed second.

De Fosto had a great night, with “In a palace state of mind”, mockingly “pleading” with Manning to also build him a mansion, for which he copped the third spot. Newcomer Mr Shak, who placed seventh, has been this season’s sensation, with “Rogue”, an amazing ditty about the life of a crooked cop, that has topped Kaiso House, although on Sunday the pressure of singing in first spot made him rush his words a bit instead of controlling the crowd.

Allen, 40, told Newsday he felt thankful to have won. “This is a victory for calypso; this is not a Kurt Allen victory.” He said the win has now given him a mandate from the people to launch some of his plans to help calypso. “This is a victory for the youth in calypso and you are going to see that in the next couple of months.”

Asked what he had done special on the night to connect with the crowd, he said, “I would have to say that has to be the work of the Divine, because me and my humble self just came out with what I always do every night, but sometimes the magic comes alive.”

What had stood out that night? “I think that the new lyrics that I brought to the table — because this song has been played for a while on the radio- and I think the people expected something different and something new on the night.”

Allen said he has been singing for 29 years. “I started to sing calypso at age 11 years at Curepe Junior Secondary School and I guess that’s where I got my roots. I won Junior Calypso Monarch, Young Kings and Soca Monarch.”

He said he had taken a break from calypso after 1997 until 2004. “I do work for the Caricom Secretariat with my organisation, Caribbean Vision, so I’m no longer based in Trinidad, so I was not here for that period. I came back because of my passionate love for the art-form, calypso.”

He said on Sunday, his daughter, well-known youth speaker Choc’late Allen, 16, had been in charge of the musicians while his wife had done the stage-lighting. “It was a family affair. My cousins, aunts, uncles, everybody was here to support.”

He said the song was first written a couple years ago in Jamaica and he had planned to use it last year if he had made it to the calypso final.

“This was going to be my surprise song for Chalkdust because I knew he always comes with a brand new song. So this song was really done last year, but I didn’t make it to the finals so I used it this year.”

He planned to invest time and money to develop youth in calypso.

The results:
1. Kurt Allen, “Too Bright”
2. Brian London, “A Calypsonian”
3. De Fosto, “In a palace state of mind”
4. Kizzie Ruiz, “Aide Haiti”
5. Roderick “Mr Chucky” Gordon, “A People’s National Movement”
6. Chalkdust, “When mas was mas”
7. Selvon “Mr Shak” Noel, “Rogue”
8. Nicole Greaves, “Where the Lions Are”
9. Sean Daniel, “God is Love”
10. Sandra “Singing Sandra” Des Vignes-Millington, “No child shall be left behind”
11. Ann-Marie “Twiggy” Parks-Kojo, “Give Thanks”
12. Devon Seales, “A wind of change”
13. Carlos “Skatie” James, “A Cry for Life”
14. Michael “Protector” Legerton, “My vision”
15. Anthony “All Rounder” Hendrickson, “Female life guard”
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2010, 10:11:53 AM »
KURT ALLEN WINNING PERFORMANCE AT 2k10 CALYPSO MONARCH...http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/4740991

Kurtis Gross as Manning...classic.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2010, 07:36:49 AM »

Thanks for this link Airman.....I missed Kurt Allen's winning performance and CNMG like dey eh plan to show it over again   >:( >:(

The stream stopped just before the part where Manning got put out of the Red House but I eh complaining, thanks again!!! :beermug: :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

AirMan

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2010, 07:31:52 PM »
Mas in March next year (longer Carnival Season)..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161596539

AirMan

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2010, 05:39:40 PM »
Tourism Minister : Carnival 2010 was Good..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuIMjNJafNc

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/KuIMjNJafNc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/KuIMjNJafNc</a>
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:04:09 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>