April 25, 2024, 04:47:42 PM

Author Topic: If no palance then....  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Socapro...It official eh...
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 10:59:47 AM »
It's interesting, I think, how little the average person seems to know about the workings of carnival.
Judging points, criteria, etc. I tried to put some of that stuff into the panorama thread. But I'm sure there would be less confusion if we knew up front what we're dealing with.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 02:46:51 PM »

Well done to JW & Blaze who have now created history as 1st timers in the soca business, copping both the Soca Monarch and the Roadmarch titles at their first try and on a riddim song to boot.

[/quote]

This might be at least their 3rd year singing soca for carnival, I remember them over the last two seasons

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »
Palance was played -  417 times,
True lies  -  40 times
No behaviour  - 11 times

It sounding like a record in there somewhere but I eh sure.....

Can someone (Tallman, whey yuh?) check the records for the margin of Machel's roadmarch win with "Jumbie"?

I think we may need to advise Machel he has to decide whether it’s time to retire from the roadmarch race as well or to come with something bigger than "Jumbie" next year!

I reckon this “Palance” win could also be as big as some of Superblue's roadmarch wins back in his hayday of Bacchanal Time, etc!

While listening to C-TV yesterday one of the commentators interviewed Superblue and he hinted that he may be forced to come out of retirement from the roadmarch race next year to help bring the crown back to the family in reference to Fayann his daughter losing the crown so emphatically!  8) Superblue hinted that JW & Blaze were using some of his jump & wave formulas in their “Palance” song and that he may need to come back out and manners them next year!  :challenge:

Well done to JW & Blaze who have now created history as 1st timers in the soca business, copping both the Soca Monarch and the Roadmarch titles at their first try and on a riddim song to boot.

Is this just a one off feat for them? It remains to be seen, bring on Carnival 2011!  :beermug:

Superblue getting on like he ent know that "Goat doh make sheep!".....like he forget Kernal produce de song.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 07:42:59 PM »
That Palance song is ah good melody for a sunshine snacks commercial.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 11:31:28 PM »
That Palance song is ah good melody for a sunshine snacks commercial.

i doh know wha people like in that song i cannot stand it !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>