April 26, 2024, 01:04:16 PM

Author Topic: Man. United vs AC Milan CL 1st leg 16 Feb 10 and CL 2nd leg10 Mar 10  (Read 16360 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Man. United vs AC Milan CL 1st leg 16 Feb 10 and CL 2nd leg10 Mar 10
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 08:10:14 PM »
After reading some of the post on this thread, it's clear to see how much hatred some men have for Man.U. We doh get no kinda credit atall. Say wha!!! We win, we score three goals away, all we have to do is take care of business at home.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »
Rooney lauds 'deserved' win
United striker pleased with two goals

Wayne Rooney felt Manchester United were good value for their 3-2 victory over AC Milan at the San Siro.

The Red Devils had to come from behind after Ronaldinho scored in only the third minute of the eagerly-awaited UEFA Champions League tie.

Milan dominated much of the first half before Paul Scholes levelled and United then took control after the interval.

Rooney scored twice and was pleased to play his part in a famous win, telling Sky Sports: "It was a disappointing start but after that we did well to get back into the game and we stepped it up in the second half.

"Overall I think we were the better team and deserved to win."

Frustrated
Rooney received a yellow card just before half-time and he admits it was difficult not to become frustrated early on.

"I don't really want to say but some people weren't doing their jobs right," he said.

"Everyone gets frustrated but I got the booking and then went on and helped us win the game which I am delighted with."

Clarence Seedorf struck a late goal to leave the tie in the balance and Rooney concedes it did take the gloss off an excellent result.

"I thought it was only us who looked like scoring again (at 3-1) and I'm really disappointed to concede a second goal," he confessed.

"It keeps Milan in the tie but 3-2 at the San Siro is a great result."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_5954560,00.html

I 98% sure is Nani he talking about here, he was having a bad game. He did talk about Seedorf threat in an earlier interview

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 08:54:13 PM »
After reading some of the post on this thread, it's clear to see how much hatred some men have for Man.U. We doh get no kinda credit atall. Say wha!!! We win, we score three goals away, all we have to do is take care of business at home.

It's not hating, but alyuh did not do anything. Goals came against run of play and not in your usual counter attacking style. Milan coach made some crucial mistakes in tactics. Good win.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 09:47:22 PM »

The media and the obnoxious faction of manu fans (about 99.9% of y'all) give y'all more than all the credit y'all deserve.  Allyuh doh need no credit from the manu haters!

**Oh, and ah fuget....outta everybody, de officials does give allyuh de most credit in de world!**
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:09:10 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 10:30:37 PM »
Rooney lauds 'deserved' win
United striker pleased with two goals

Wayne Rooney felt Manchester United were good value for their 3-2 victory over AC Milan at the San Siro.

The Red Devils had to come from behind after Ronaldinho scored in only the third minute of the eagerly-awaited UEFA Champions League tie.

Milan dominated much of the first half before Paul Scholes levelled and United then took control after the interval.

Rooney scored twice and was pleased to play his part in a famous win, telling Sky Sports: "It was a disappointing start but after that we did well to get back into the game and we stepped it up in the second half.

"Overall I think we were the better team and deserved to win."

Frustrated
Rooney received a yellow card just before half-time and he admits it was difficult not to become frustrated early on.

"I don't really want to say but some people weren't doing their jobs right," he said.

"Everyone gets frustrated but I got the booking and then went on and helped us win the game which I am delighted with."

Clarence Seedorf struck a late goal to leave the tie in the balance and Rooney concedes it did take the gloss off an excellent result.

"I thought it was only us who looked like scoring again (at 3-1) and I'm really disappointed to concede a second goal," he confessed.

"It keeps Milan in the tie but 3-2 at the San Siro is a great result."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_5954560,00.html

I 98% sure is Nani he talking about here, he was having a bad game. He did talk about Seedorf threat in an earlier interview

good thing yuh leave that 2%

It was the referee Wazza was complaining about.. hence the yellow card for dissent

Nani had a poor game yes but he has the quality..just need to be more consistent

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 12:25:04 AM »
Alex Ferguson wasn't cussing out Jonny Evan?  ^^^^^^
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 08:24:05 AM »

It's not hating, but alyuh did not do anything. Goals came against run of play and not in your usual counter attacking style. Milan coach made some crucial mistakes in tactics. Good win.
      That's what the game is all about,you make mistakes you get punished for it,Milan had same opportunities in the first half,scoring three goals on any team away from home speaks volumes,Milan is big team.   

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 09:13:40 AM »
All I have to say is Rooney is the best thing out there right now hands down ..... skill, aggression, attitude, power, hunger, speed the only thing worse than playing the boy right now is playing Ronaldo (the real one not the pretty boy) and Ronaldinho in their prime .... he's a f**king animal!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »
Terrible marking at the back gave Rooney 2 easy headers, and that was the difference. 

Very difficult to see Man U losing by 2 goals or conceding more than 3 goals at home.  This fixture is almost in the bag. 

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 11:48:34 AM »
All I have to say is Rooney is the best thing out there right now hands down ..... skill, aggression, attitude, power, hunger, speed the only thing worse than playing the boy right now is playing Ronaldo (the real one not the pretty boy) and Ronaldinho in their prime .... he's a f**king animal!

Rooney was not inspiring. He scored two goals that came from the team. All game Rooney just moaning and not trying to make anything happen. Rooney is not and never will be the best striker in the world. He does not and cannot make anything happen if the rest of the team not supplying him. Look at Drogba, Torres, Eto'o, etc. These are strikers that can go get the ball and make something happen. Rooney needs to be supplied.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:05 PM »
Rooney was not inspiring. He scored two goals that came from the team. All game Rooney just moaning and not trying to make anything happen. Rooney is not and never will be the best striker in the world. He does not and cannot make anything happen if the rest of the team not supplying him. Look at Drogba, Torres, Eto'o, etc. These are strikers that can go get the ball and make something happen. Rooney needs to be supplied.

Horseshit...

Firstly- every striker needs to be supplied, to some extent.

Secondly- Rooney creates, scores, AND defends... In fact for a long time, a big criticism of him is that he does too much more than his primary job, and it takes away from his goal scoring focus.  Rooney is a dynamic striker whose off the ball movement is tireless, and who shows alot of quality outside of the striking area.....He has scored many a brilliant goal that didn't depend on hard work putting it on a platter for him.....

Give jack his jacket bro... He's carrying Man U at the moment. 

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 12:18:26 PM »

Horseshit...

Secondly- Rooney creates, scores, AND defends... In fact for a long time, a big criticism of him is that he does too much more than his primary job, and it takes away from his goal scoring focus.  Rooney is a dynamic striker whose off the ball movement is tireless, and who shows alot of quality outside of the striking area.....He has scored many a brilliant goal that didn't depend on hard work putting it on a platter for him.....

Could not said any better. I would have Rooney over any forward right now. I have never seen another forward work as much as Rooney does off the ball.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »

Horseshit...

That's how you see it. What did he do prior to Valencia effective cross? Nothing, get a yellow card for bitching. He will never play anywhere in the world other that England. Rooney defends, yeah by hacking everything in front of him. Rooney is not the best no matter what you all say. He is very limited, easy to frustrate and shut out of a game. Obviously if he is playing against inferior opposition he florishes. Working "hard" does not equal good. Working effectively is something different.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 02:25:31 PM »

That's how you see it. What did he do prior to Valencia effective cross? Nothing, get a yellow card for bitching. He will never play anywhere in the world other that England. Rooney defends, yeah by hacking everything in front of him. Rooney is not the best no matter what you all say. He is very limited, easy to frustrate and shut out of a game. Obviously if he is playing against inferior opposition he florishes. Working "hard" does not equal good. Working effectively is something different.

Never said he's the best, but he's damn good.  I doubt that there's a coach or opposing defender out there who doesn't respect him or who doesn't regard him as a key player to watch...but if you know more than them, more power to you. 

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »

Never said he's the best, but he's damn good.  I doubt that there's a coach or opposing defender out there who doesn't respect him or who doesn't regard him as a key player to watch...but if you know more than them, more power to you. 

In that regards I can agree, he is a top player who you must prepare for.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »

So he's a top player, yet "He is very limited, easy to frustrate and shut out of a game."

Interesting...

The man is one of the most in form players in the world at the moment, one of the most productive and one of the most talented youngsters of this generation. I know most of you guys only come on the board to hate and show no kind of objectivity whatsoever, but at least try and give some credit where credit is due occasionally na.

If you think he is a headless chicken that cannot create goals for himself & others and that he doesn't offer anything to the team besides scoring off service - then clearly you haven't been following his all-round progression from the time he left Everton until now.

Perhaps he's not as pure a striker as the likes of Villa, Torres, Fabiano & Drogba or as big a name as Ibrahmovic - but I'd take him over all of those players at the moment (bar perhaps Torres if he was fit and on form) - considering that the rest are all near or on the wrong side of 30 and/or have been underwhelming thus far this season.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 04:45:48 PM by xixgon »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 06:37:02 PM »
elan....send ah smoke fuh meh nah... tnt only have boo
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »

So he's a top player, yet "He is very limited, easy to frustrate and shut out of a game."

Interesting...

The man is one of the most in form players in the world at the moment, one of the most productive and one of the most talented youngsters of this generation. I know most of you guys only come on the board to hate and show no kind of objectivity whatsoever, but at least try and give some credit where credit is due occasionally na.

If you think he is a headless chicken that cannot create goals for himself & others and that he doesn't offer anything to the team besides scoring off service - then clearly you haven't been following his all-round progression from the time he left Everton until now.

Perhaps he's not as pure a striker as the likes of Villa, Torres, Fabiano & Drogba or as big a name as Ibrahmovic - but I'd take him over all of those players at the moment (bar perhaps Torres if he was fit and on form) - considering that the rest are all near or on the wrong side of 30 and/or have been underwhelming thus far this season.

Where have you been? Who has stopped Drogba this season?

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2010, 08:28:09 PM »
Ah still realing from the lost yesterday but ah wanted to put in meh too cents. Milan have been giving up goals to the far post all season long as well as goals from crosses so as I watched Alex check we out the other day against Udinese when we did the same thing in the 3-2 win I couldn't help but think he is well aware of this. At the moment Rooney is an informed striker and he showed that yesterday. I am not ready to say best striker in the world right now though. Man U commitment to counter attack proved well for them. The truth of the matter its an uphill task scoring two or three goals in England we had our opportunities in the game and pissed them away so we will have to face the consequences. Ah so vex right now man >:(
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2010, 10:08:10 PM »

Interesting...

Where have you been? Who has stopped Drogba this season?

Brudda, where did I say that Drogba hasn't been on form this season?

I said that either the players I mentioned were of the older variety AND/OR have not shone consistently. Drogba is coming on in age, whilst conversely Ibra for eg. has been underwhelming it in my opinion.

My point was that I'd rather have Rooney right now than the likes of Drogba (to whom Rooney is 7 and 1/2 years younger). Rooney is just approaching his peak/prime years - whereas Drogba and the rest (besides Torres) are all past or approaching 30.

That's exactly the reason I never wanted Berbatov (aside from the fact that I never rated him nearly as highly as the over-exuberant English press) - the window to acclimatise players to the club, to get more than 2-3 years of production out of them and to recoup any of what is likely a substantial transfer fee, is very often impractical and not worth the risk (especially in this climate). Which honestly made Barca's acquisition of Ibra puzzling - such money should only be spent on young studs or once in a generation type talents (if anyone).

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 11:31:06 PM »

Pep Guardiola and Barca knew just what to do with him AND an allegedly red-hot cronaldo last May, both on the same field, and I'm willing to bet that, given their squad could find good health again, they wouldn't be afraid of defending against him this May again.....should they get that far.....but their current injury situation might have something to say about that.  I'm not so sure that Chelsea or Bayern Munich are afraid of manu and rooney either.  Yes he is in great form right now and he has finally found it in himself to live up to his promise of scoring goals on behalf of a now departed cronaldo.....but rooney is not as unstoppable as people are making him out to be, and for all of his temperamental improvement over the years (which I MUST commend him for) he (and scholes) is still a yellow card (or two) waiting to happen.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:36:05 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 12:43:24 AM »

Pep Guardiola and Barca knew just what to do with him AND an allegedly red-hot cronaldo last May, both on the same field, and I'm willing to bet that, given their squad could find good health again, they wouldn't be afraid of defending against him this May again.....should they get that far.....but their current injury situation might have something to say about that.  I'm not so sure that Chelsea or Bayern Munich are afraid of manu and rooney either.  Yes he is in great form right now and he has finally found it in himself to live up to his promise of scoring goals on behalf of a now departed cronaldo.....but rooney is not as unstoppable as people are making him out to be, and for all of his temperamental improvement over the years (which I MUST commend him for) he (and scholes) is still a yellow card (or two) waiting to happen.

To be fair to Rooney, he was playing on the left - not through the centre in that game (as he was often last season). It's making him the main focus this season and discouraging him from straying too much which has resulted in his increase in production. That said, no player in world football is unstoppable. No elite team can ever be afraid to face any player, they just need to game plan and perform to suit. Rooney like any other player can be nullified (especially by a great team defense like Barca) - it's just the suggestion that he's somehow not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as Ronaldo and co. that I find unfounded.

That he's a walking 'yellow card' I also would take issue with - he does have his occasional outburst - but he's not Scholes (who seems to have some mental issue I admit). I'd rather he get the odd yellow card if it means he kept his fiery attitude anyway - especially since he has less yellow cards this season than strikers such as Drogba - and that he rarely gets sent off.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:46:08 AM by xixgon »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2010, 08:26:24 AM »
Rooney is playing exceptionally well...

All this credit he gets for tracking back and defending, getting stuck in and for such a high work rate... The form he showing now is a direct result of him realizing more and more that, "daiz not yuh wuk". I think Capello needs to take some credit for this too, in the national setup when Rooney running back in left back to throw in he wild tackle and dem, Capello does buff him up and tell him to cool it.

That said, Rooney is not unstoppable and a well drilled defence can keep him out of a game. And yes I think there are players that in peak form are/were unstoppable.. Players that on their day if they turn up, it doesn't matter what you do they will dominate and your best bet is to nullify the players around them or the supply to them..

Rivaldo on his day was unstoppable.. Ronaldo (the real one), Zidane, Ronaldinho and Figo similarly at some point I think were unstoppable players as well.

Rooney is nowhere near there as yet, and people need not to buy into the hype of the English press calling him the best striker in the world right now. IMO Messi and Drogba are harder propositions for any defense right now and a fit Fernando Torres is more clinical and deadly than a Rooney could ever be.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:27:59 AM by dinho »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2010, 02:50:39 PM »

Mango ah respondin tuh yuh, but I want you to show me where I say anybody was afraid of him, or that no team can figure out how to defend against him...

I eh care if yuh's Pep, Dunga, Jose, Carlo, Leonardo, Arsene, Manuel Pellegrini, Roberto Mancini, or whoever...if yuh playing against Man U tomorrow, if yuh know football, yuh do any kinda scouting, yuh read a newspaper or a book, log on tuh a website, yuh watch TV or listen to radio.... or even if yuh just have a four-king head on yuh shoulders and nuttin' else, the player who you will regard as the biggest weapon coming at yuh, and who yuh will pay the most attention to in yuh defensive planning....and rightly so..... is Wayne Rooney....TALK DONE!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 02:52:58 PM by kicker »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »

Rivaldo on his day was unstoppable.. Ronaldo (the real one), Zidane, Ronaldinho and Figo similarly at some point I think were unstoppable players as well.

The original Ronaldo at his best take the cake...When it comes to being "unstoppable", iz he then everybody else...

Offline Lifeisgood

• Jr. Warrior
  • Lively Up Yourself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2010, 03:51:38 PM »

All this credit he gets for tracking back and defending, getting stuck in and for such a high work rate... The form he showing now is a direct result of him realizing more and more that, "daiz not yuh wuk". I think Capello needs to take some credit for this too, in the national setup when Rooney running back in left back to throw in he wild tackle and dem, Capello does buff him up and tell him to cool it.

That said, Rooney is not unstoppable and a well drilled defence can keep him out of a game. And yes I think there are players that in peak form are/were unstoppable.. Players that on their day if they turn up, it doesn't matter what you do they will dominate and your best bet is to nullify the players around them or the supply to them..

Rooney is nowhere near there as yet, and people need not to buy into the hype of the English press calling him the best striker in the world right now. IMO Messi and Drogba are harder propositions for any defense right now and a fit Fernando Torres is more clinical and deadly than a Rooney could ever be.

:applause: :applause:
Well said sah.  Talk done IMHO.

Rooney is good,  but he too dirty fuh my likin and thus presents a bit of a liability.

Yuh see what he did to the Milan right back?? - stamp and knee the man!! Dais shyte.  Ref had seen that he would have been red-carded...

For my squad I going with Drogs and Torres, right thru..

JDB boss post.
Never be afraid ....
To turn over your uncertain Future
..to our certain God.

Love one another.  Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »

Yuh see what he did to the Milan right back?? - stamp and knee the man!! Dais shyte. 

:devil: :devil: he head just get in the way of he foot

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 08:03:46 PM »
Torres is a world class striker  ???

If that is the case den why on god's green earth would he choose to play for a shyte side like Liverfool...?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 09:39:50 PM »

Mango ah respondin tuh yuh, but I want you to show me where I say anybody was afraid of him, or that no team can figure out how to defend against him...

I eh care if yuh's Pep, Dunga, Jose, Carlo, Leonardo, Arsene, Manuel Pellegrini, Roberto Mancini, or whoever...if yuh playing against Man U tomorrow, if yuh know football, yuh do any kinda scouting, yuh read a newspaper or a book, log on tuh a website, yuh watch TV or listen to radio.... or even if yuh just have a four-king head on yuh shoulders and nuttin' else, the player who you will regard as the biggest weapon coming at yuh, and who yuh will pay the most attention to in yuh defensive planning....and rightly so..... is Wayne Rooney....TALK DONE!!

If I implied that you said anybody was "afraid" of him, not my intent.  But every team has a main threat, Kicker.  Rooney is in no greater form now than Defoe has been in all season, as Drogba is and will continue to be in and Torres, and Adebayor/Tevez...etc.  You are stating the obvious.   There just seems to be this general fear of manu as a whole that opponents (and officials) have and it really helps them a lot and I was really (not so eloquently) trying to say is that, if teams come out against manu without all the fear in hearts like I know certain teams can do, rooney will not be so effective.  Like you quite rightly said, the two goals he scored against AC was as a result of TERRIBLE marking and too much respect being given to his supporting cast.....but AC is too old a team to really run with manu right now.  I have seen rooney do some work and score some good goals, yes.  But he don't score them goals against teams that eh 'fraid 'im and know how to deal with him.   

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 10:46:49 PM »
ok . .i ent no manchester united fan. . .and i also not no ac milan fan . .. i didnt see de game. . but i watch the extended highlights. . . . and from what i see . . . Milan more than capable of taking apart that manchester defence. . .their finishing was off today unfortunately . . some ah dem chances huntelaar get. . . i see him put them away time and time again playin for ajax. . . buh wha yuh go do . . .milan start to get tired at the end . . manchester do what they perfect . . . the waiting game .. . when they play away . . they just wait for the opposition to make a mistake and then put the chance away . . . . second leg will be interesting cuz milan have to go for it . . .will be exciting and if they practice their finishing . . .they in trouble. . .also leonardo ent no big time coach . . i dont know if he will be able to out strategize ferguson . . .

on a side note. . . i find ronaldinho could more than find a spot for one last hoorah on the world cup stage on this form . . .  i not no brazil fan either. . ahahha . .. but dunga i guess goin for new players. . but still  .. i woulda take him if even to provide an exciting spark off the bench . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irbefZ8Jo_A

allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

1]; } ?>