April 25, 2024, 06:52:45 AM

Author Topic: Is there a restructuring race back towards community based pro football clubs?  (Read 1444 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
If daiz de case, then hip hip ....
The recent threads I've seen, seem to maybe? suggest that something is afoot.

Fenwick is talking lovingly about de grounds in Santa cruz and getting community ball going.
Rougier talking community, community and hinging plans on his new found grounds for the south.
North East Stars giving ultimatum. No renovated grounds, then no 10th team entry to PFL

I'm interested in seeing how advanced or how lacking are the plans of the various teams. Wish I could hear those who are knowledgeable on this to tell us the good or bad news. The reliance on sterile, multipurpose, currently too-big for-club-football, poorly located, club detached football stadia, is killing club football as previously discussed.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:53:53 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a restructuring race back towards community based football clubs?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »
This would be a step in the right direction. It would definitely lead to more crowd support eventually
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a restructuring race back towards community based football clubs?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:27:20 PM »
Again I have to hark back to the history of TnT football.....before there was the TTFF there was community based football and it was thriving and all of this was destroyed when they stole the reins of TnT football. Look at how many leagues and inter league championship competitions there were and as soon as that was stopped we saw the demise of community based football.

So the only way to progress is to take a step backward. Once a community can see a team as its own only then would the crowds start to come back.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Its good to see yuh using the points ah raised with you back in the day MEP ;D
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I would relish the day community Football return to T&T not only because it was the best time in our Football history but because is what will suit T&T Football.

The problem though is that chapter is dead,we have moved on and it will be very difficult to go back,from reports on here it's said the players today are better,the teams play better Football,we have more stadiums,we have a Pro league,we play more international games etc etc one thing we don't have is the crowds and we still can't understand why,don't tell me is administration because we have the same administration.

When you look at teams from the past,yes we had community teams but when you look at Malvern,Maple,Shamrock,Essex,Defence Force etc i can call a lot more,what community were these teams from?they all trained in the Savannah,people really used to follow players from their community plus the Football was entertaining don't matter who played,people just wanted good ball and that's what they used to get.

The modern game just can't facilitate us moving back to the good old days,money has killed the game (our players) nobody wants to play/train unless they get a dollar,the best teams all over are those that have money because they can buy the best players,look at what going on at home,Jabloteh/WConnection dominate for some years now is Joe Public and it looks like Ma Pau going to take over just now,it's where the money is community or no community.

Everybody here knows it's minor league and college ball that used to develop our Footballers but those are the leagues that everybody against and want to Ban,the thing with Football at home is it's at a stand still with nobody knowing what to do,it have more questions than answers because we don't have a plan in place.Don't worry we will hear something, Carnival over.         

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Tried to pay close attantion to what Coop's was saying here.

Noted the interesting point about so-called community clubs of the past, that was jess kicking ball in de savannah without any club stadium and yet they were successful. Well I guess the communities themselves are destroyed by today's social ills, with wrecked families, crime and the like and we may need to overcompensate with efforts not previously thought necessary, to make the football club an enterprise located directly in the heart of community so that it would take only a high risk of a gunshot to the head or a gang rape for the 2 minutes necessary for a bunch a male supporters or a group of girls to walk over to the community stadium.

Yes it's all about money now and therefore money must be raised with a loyal fan base who see the spin-off profits to their community beyond the degree that they saw it for the steelband. As a matter of fact maybe the interests should be merged.  Visionary outside-the-box economics needed.

We waiting to see the post Carnival agendas
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>