April 20, 2024, 03:06:39 AM

Author Topic: Jailbreaking Iphone/Ipod/Ipad  (Read 2469 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Jailbreaking Iphone/Ipod/Ipad
« on: February 18, 2010, 12:57:52 PM »
I know rell people back home doing it.... I still tryna figure out how to get Cydia and installous on my phone.
I upgraded my Iphone to 3.1.3 yesterday and I hope I did not mess up by doing that, because I am hearing that you can't jailbreak this firmware....atleast not yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk6x4yGbflw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhcnw0q46ko&feature=related

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Jailbreaking Iphone/Ipod/Ipad
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:26:02 PM »
Also if you jailbreak your iPhone in a previous version..DO NOT UPGRADE to 3.1.3 You would be screwed!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:29:12 PM »
Yeah sounds like you upgraded already, but I did read there's a trick to downgrade somewhere and then you could jail break it again. You'd be losing everything you installed though and have to start from scratch.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 01:34:38 PM by E-man »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 02:27:46 PM »
Yeah sounds like you upgraded already, but I did read there's a trick to downgrade somewhere and then you could jail break it again. You'd be losing everything you installed though and have to start from scratch.

E-man are you fimiliar with the process? if so send me a pm on how to go about doing it. Youtube is helpfull but I still can't figure out how they get the Cydia or insyallous icon on their device.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »
Also if you jailbreak your iPhone in a previous version..DO NOT UPGRADE to 3.1.3 You would be screwed!

Big Up!

co-signed!!

I wanted to jailbreak mine also, but decided not too. Instead purchased a unlocked one and now using sim cards worldwide.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »

E-man are you fimiliar with the process? if so send me a pm on how to go about doing it. Youtube is helpfull but I still can't figure out how they get the Cydia or insyallous icon on their device.

Haven't done it myself, so can't offer any personal advice. I just have the touch anyway.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 06:53:31 AM »

Big Up!

co-signed!!

I wanted to jailbreak mine also, but decided not too. Instead purchased a unlocked one and now using sim cards worldwide.

But wait Cana...

I thought yuh didn't like the iphone that yuh get as a gift? How come yuh end up buying a next one? One of the expensive ones to boot.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 11:02:11 AM »

Big Up!

co-signed!!

But wait Cana...

I thought yuh didn't like the iphone that yuh get as a gift? How come yuh end up buying a next one? One of the expensive ones to boot.

@525 plus tax CAN for a 8GBs ya cyah go wrong....it was a steal of a deal. Well personally speaking that is. With the plenty travelling I doing these days, plus the cell phone providers does want to kill you with roaming charges....I really cyah go wrong.

Me still ain't like the iphone because of the fact I'm still a motorala flip phone, touch screen with stylus pen kinda girl. But where you getting those these days? Moto gone through :(

Plus the iphone apps have me hooked like a fish especially that skype app (wifi).  ;D

I still say to buy another phone that is unlocked instead of jailbreak. Less headache!

If in the near future want if you want to sell your phone? Won't you think people will more want the unlocked than the jailbreak ???  Dunno, I asking.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:15:12 AM by Prematie Bheem »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 11:51:58 AM »
Plus the iphone apps have me hooked like a fish especially that skype app (wifi).  ;D

Don't let Die Hard hear yuh say that nuh.

That is the thing right there. For all the cry people does cry down the iphone youcan't beat it for ease of use and 3rd party functionality. Apple make a great phone for the masses and the more the masses buy it the more developers will make killer apps for it. Plus yuh have the advantage of a huge common community compared to some super fancy niche phone that yuh have to take a course before yuh use it.

I think yuh make a good move in buying a new one. the 3Gs blows away the 3G in my opinion and it worth ethe upgrade.

I don't know what the market for 2nd hand phones is though. I still have my old one and I does use it as a internet browsing, podcast downloading backup when I home, plus I use the remote to control itunes.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 11:27:04 PM »
I finally did it, it just made my iphone twice as fun to have.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 08:11:59 AM »

Good for you pappa. Pray nothing goes wrong with it that you have to take it back to apple or one of the authorized dealers. What's your warranty on it?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:17:14 AM »
get yourself one of these, and carry that Steve Jobs sh!t back

Més que un club.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »
fork d iphone  :devil: Android is the way to go now
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »

Good for you pappa. Pray nothing goes wrong with it that you have to take it back to apple or one of the authorized dealers. What's your warranty on it?

nah man , I should be safe, I had it over a year and a half now. I am due for a upgrade in 3GS even if something went wrong with it. I am the kinda person that go out and get the latest phones and I am totally happy with my Iphone, I won't trade it for those other imitation touch screen phones that other people think is the best.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 01:43:54 PM »

nah man , I should be safe, I had it over a year and a half now. I am due for a upgrade in 3GS even if something went wrong with it. I am the kinda person that go out and get the latest phones and I am totally happy with my Iphone, I won't trade it for those other imitation touch screen phones that other people think is the best.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah ah feel ya throw dat for DHW!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »
Google Android OS , remember it , memorize it  ;D i will have the last laugh  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 09:35:11 PM »
Google Android OS , remember it , memorize it  ;D i will have the last laugh  :devil:

leave dem wit dey mac shackles nah man, google bring out some apps for they phone dat could blow one ah dem own out d water an' dey refusin to approve it................... steven ent no better dan bill, same kinda shit jus different delivery....................d "nexus one" will throw dem out on dey ass jus now ;D ......... open platform baby!
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>