April 27, 2024, 01:29:35 PM

Author Topic: Spanish speakers  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Spanish speakers
« on: February 15, 2010, 03:40:26 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/tCmZB6SnPiI&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/tCmZB6SnPiI&amp;feature=related</a>

I can't find a subtitled version of this video neither the script.

What is he saying about Ronaldinho and the goal celebration for his father ?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish speakers
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:13:47 PM »
Its been a few years since I took Spanish class but this is the best I can do.

He says quite a bit about Ronaldinho, most of which I don't understand.

Apparently the morning of the Champions League final his father sent him a message (I think saying something to the effect that this was a great opportunity he'd been waiting for since he was young) and after reading it he left his hotel to "eat the world."  The celebration was for his father for the message he sent him and meant "the blood in my blood."

Sorry, thats the best I can do, I never paid attention in Spanish class anyway  :)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:00:44 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/tCmZB6SnPiI&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/tCmZB6SnPiI&amp;feature=related</a>

Didn't understand it all but the part about Ronaldinho he starts by saying, I've played with many (football) players- 3 phenomenal players, Ronaldinho, Iniesta & Leo (Messi).  He talked about Ronaldinho's departure from the Nou Camp as a pity for all, and I think he wished him the best.  He also talked about Ronaldinho's suffering while he was at the club...he suffered but never quitted (or something like that).  About the champs league celebration, he said that he'd dreamt of the goal (or the match) for months, and the morning of the final, his dad left him a message that took him 5 mins to read...and the message explained a bit about his (dad's) life as kid growing up, and about the opportunity that he was about to have...and after reading it, he left his hotel ready to take on the world...(literally eat the world I suppose)...then he qualified it by defining the world as Man U....and then something to the effect of "once I get the ball at my feet, today, it's goal"....The goal celebration meant..."blood of my blood" - whatever that means, and a dedication to his dad for leaving him an inspirational message before the game.  Next he said that he didn't know that that would be his last game for Barcelona.  He ended by saying something like he will always honor and defend the Barcelona shirt, and that Barca is the best club in the world and that the club, Spain, and Catalunya will always be in his heart. 

That's how I understood it, but my spanish is kinda weak...by the time everyone takes a stab, we should have a full translation  :D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:30:48 PM »

Didn't understand it all but the part about Ronaldinho he starts by saying, I've played with many (football) players- 3 phenomenal players, Ronaldinho, Iniesta & Leo (Messi).  He talked about Ronaldinho's departure from the Nou Camp as a pity for all, and I think he wished him the best.  He also talked about Ronaldinho's suffering while he was at the club...he suffered but never quitted (or something like that).  About the champs league celebration, he said that he'd dreamt of the goal (or the match) for months, and the morning of the final, his dad left him a message that took him 5 mins to read...and the message explained a bit about his (dad's) life as kid growing up, and about the opportunity that he was about to have...and after reading it, he left his hotel ready to take on the world...(literally eat the world I suppose)...then he qualified it by defining the world as Man U....and then something to the effect of "once I get the ball at my feet, today, it's goal"....The goal celebration meant..."blood of my blood" - whatever that means, and a dedication to his dad for leaving him an inspirational message before the game.  Next he said that he didn't know that that would be his last game for Barcelona.  He ended by saying something like he will always honor and defend the Barcelona shirt, and that Barca is the best club in the world and that the club, Spain, and Catalunya will always be in his heart. 

That's how I understood it, but my spanish is kinda weak...by the time everyone takes a stab, we should have a full translation  :D
Thanks kicker. I always had a lot of respect for Eto'o.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:32:22 PM »
any mention about wayne bridge woman?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »
He uses an interesting term of affection exchanged between him and Ronaldinho as they made their way on to the pitch at the Nou Camp.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 05:24:31 PM »

Kicker that was excellent, that's exactly what he said.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 05:26:18 PM »
He uses an interesting term of affection exchanged between him and Ronaldinho as they made their way on to the pitch at the Nou Camp.

That was my sentiment exactly...he called( I guess still calls) him "Negro". I thought that was cool.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »

That was my sentiment exactly...he called( I guess still calls) him "Negro". I thought that was cool.

In the latin setting that is not a derogatory term...just as when Celia Cruz sang ...."No le pega la negra "  and "la negra tiene tumbao y no camina de lao"...it is in fact used affectionately..Hola mi negra ..como esta mi negra bella ?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 10:26:36 AM »
Eto'o boy, Pep/FC Barcelona do yuh wrong, I eh go lie.

Yuh go always be a Barca legend in my books. Yuh bore just about every big side on the planet and yuh score the opening goals in 2 CL finals.

Respek

Més que un club.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 10:42:47 AM »
Eto'o boy, Pep/FC Barcelona do yuh wrong, I eh go lie.

Yuh go always be a Barca legend in my books. Yuh bore just about every big side on the planet and yuh score the opening goals in 2 CL finals.

Respek
Big players step up in big matches.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 03:43:20 PM »
Eto'o Spanish sounding good boy.

He almost sounding like ah native.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »
Eto'o Spanish sounding good boy.

He almost sounding like ah native.

is almost 13 years since he in spain ...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 09:05:23 PM »

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Pointman on February 16, 2010, 05:26:18 PM
Quote from: asylumseeker on February 16, 2010, 03:20:08 PM

In the latin setting that is not a derogatory term...just as when Celia Cruz sang ...."No le pega la negra "  and "la negra tiene tumbao y no camina de lao"...it is in fact used affectionately..Hola mi negra ..como esta mi negra bella ?

I disagree.  In de black latin setting is ok.  It still have ignorant peeps calling man monkey and gorrilla in Latin America and dey certainly doh mean it in a nice way.   

1]; } ?>