April 27, 2024, 02:00:12 PM

Author Topic: We don't have good local coaches  (Read 7921 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We don't have good local coaches
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 03:33:50 PM »
On another issue. some men have said that there was not proper preparation by the U20's for this tournament, but when Anton Corneal wanted to properly prepare the U17's for the upcoming tournament by taking the players out of the SSFL to begin the strength and physical prep everybody have something to say against the idea. Do we as a  people know what, and how long it takes to prepare a team for a tournament?

Jes tuh put de U-20s preparation in perspective, Brian Williams was appointed as head coach in early September, which gave him a time period of approx 6 weeks to sort out and prepare de team. Meanwhile, as palos pointed out, he continued to coach Petrotrin. Prior to his appointment, I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about an U-20 team in training. So basically it is a continuation of the same jackassness that has occurred in de past.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 03:55:25 PM »
this is for QRC BOY over the past few years i have witnessed several us college players return home to represent trinnidad and look unfit and off the pace, i admit we are loosing too many good players to the US college system(though i do not think the players you mentioned were top notch perhaps that is food for another post )however the quality of the college football varies so much that i believe unless you go to a top program your football will not improve. were you present at this years u20 qualifiers to witness the performance of five top US based footballers with the exception of kevon neives they all underperformed .i believe while we do need to stop losing too much talent to the us system we must be certain they have improved and not bring them back based on any reputation from the secondary schools football league.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2006, 06:49:32 AM »
Some of the local coaches have taken more courses than Jose Marinho. What is needed is a support structure for the National program and any coach involved. Regadless of th coach you cannot enter any competition without adequate preparation. The first thing you learn on courses of a higher level is how to prepare yor squad. Why did T&t have the U21 playing games in the US? Why the U20's were not involved in any preparation of International games? If one argues that the U21 was CAC games or what ever, why not use the U20's for that purpose. Eveything as usual ass backwards.
I for one fell sorry for Clayton & Brian because the TTFF hang them out to dry. You telling me you get 6 million and you could not spend 70,000 on some proper preparation of your future National Teams player.

Vote of NO confidence for the TTFF. There should be a call for their resignation. The National Team players pay/ bonus scandal and now the lack of support for the U20's. Unacceptable
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 09:25:45 AM »
On another issue. some men have said that there was not proper preparation by the U20's for this tournament, but when Anton Corneal wanted to properly prepare the U17's for the upcoming tournament by taking the players out of the SSFL to begin the strength and physical prep everybody have something to say against the idea. Do we as a  people know what, and how long it takes to prepare a team for a tournament?

Jes tuh put de U-20s preparation in perspective, Brian Williams was appointed as head coach in early September, which gave him a time period of approx 6 weeks to sort out and prepare de team. Meanwhile, as palos pointed out, he continued to coach Petrotrin. Prior to his appointment, I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about an U-20 team in training. So basically it is a continuation of the same jackassness that has occurred in de past.

Some time ago I made a post asking why the TTFF eh appoint coaches for de junior T&T teams.

Now the truth has come out, the Executive took forever to appoint coaches, something the TD should have de power to do.

But in typical Jack style, he have to be involved in every aspect of Trinidad football, so nobody could fart without he taking ah smell.

I just read where Lincoln Phillips said the problem was the teram was NOT in training at all, becasue the TTFF Executive committee took to long in naming a coach...so yes, we suffering now...dis is real shit.

Give Jack he Trinity Cross ::)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »
While we keep harping on local coaches need to get the badges, it takes a whole lot more than just getting a license to be an effective, and successful coach. Coaching courses basically teach you how to organise and run a session. It varies however from basic individual technique, to the advance 11v11 tactics. Attaining these does not make you a good coaches, you will know what to do though. Coaches have to posses a special "eye" for the game, which set them apart from the rest of the staff. They must be able to look at the players they have and decide on a system of best fit, which will bring about success for both the player and the team.

Posted by: fatman 
Insert Quote
 I AGREE WITH PALOS THE PROBLEM IS  LACK OF ADEQUATE SUPPORT FOR COACHES .firstly for years our coaches were day job people rushing from work to coach people children for free theer are many coaches who are in fact heroes ,we will be foolish to compare our coaches with those at international level like beenhacker and simoes who have been afforded the training and experience to ply their trade for a living.we also fail to realise that coaching has many diffetrent aspects to it most international coaches are good tacticians few actually are good coaches aka teachers. we berate bertil st clair as an international coach ,but he might actually be an expert youth coach. skill aquisition takes months of daily work with athletes ,coaches in trinidad  have been known to get a phone call in the middle of the night asking them to take a team to the qualifiers in three weeks. these men are either heroes or fools for taking these impossible assignments,another important factor trinis need patience both the coaches and commentors alike such as those on this site. williams ia in his early 40's so too is morrris jose marinho was an assisstant to many coaches before striking it big; the number of coaches that started out as physical education teachers is phenominal. a coach takes years to develop .canada and the US are big countries with far more resources than us and i dont see any outstanding coaches emerging from either nation ,they have systems in place and use their available resources wisely ,lets put things in perspective williams and these fellas have potential, we must not right them off but put them in the correct station and give them the support they need to develop .

Example, this past WC the US almighty coach tried to actually get the US players to play football as oppose to their robotic soccer.  This individualistic style did not support the tactical ability of the US players, hence their early exit and disorganise play at the WC.

Playing the game at a high level does not automatically put you at the head of the coaching line for success. We need to give or get opportunities for these local coaches to assist coaches such as Beenhaker, in an effort to bring them to that next level.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 06:46:38 AM »
 What are the pedigrees of the other coachs in this U20 tournament ?

I don't think the problem at this level is whether we have local coachs good enuff or not .

Four root causes for this team's performance.

1. Brian Williams' in experience (there are other LOCAL coachs that could have done slightly better)

2. The team did not have enough time to train together.
I suppose in the small islands their players not all over the place studying in universities or playing football but rather most live at home and would have done a lot more training together.

3. Wimp ...... where is he  ??? ??? ???

4. TTFF (nothing needs to be explained here)
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 07:53:59 AM »

Ah jes curious because me eh know.

Does McClaren have anyting to do with England U 20?

Scolari and Portugal U 20?

Dunga and Brazil U 20?

As ah say...me eh know eh which is why ah askin.

Thanx.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006, 07:56:59 AM »
I have been away from the T&T football scene fuh too long to make any concrete assessment of why T&T coaches seem so inadequate. However, as an outsider looking in I think the main factors must be professional playing and top level coaching experience. The most damning indictments of T&T's local coaches must be the way Terry Fenwick and Ricky Hill came here and were instantly successfull while in the UK they are considered as failures. Also the way Beenie turned around a shambles of a team he inherited from BSC with a bit of simple defensive reorganisation, yet BSC supposed to be one of our top three coaches. (SH excluded). Gally is our only local coach with a true track record of any success...now quite a while ago and He was our most experienced professional/international player before 89. BSC has shown He is an good youth coach but with the full national side he got less and less successful as more and more foreign based players joined the squad. You have to wonder if there was a lack of professional respect (subconcious or otherwise) fuh Bertile as the man never play ball at any high level.

Ask yuhselves, how many of T&T's current crop of Local (T&T based) coaches have played/or coached pro football abroad?

in my reckoning, only Leonson Lewis has had an extensive (and fairly recent) foreign pro career. Of the rest only Lincoln Philips has had foreign experience at a level higher than US college. And though it was a while ago He is the only one to have success abroad with a pro team.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 09:39:38 AM »
What are the pedigrees of the other coachs in this U20 tournament ?

I don't think the problem at this level is whether we have local coachs good enuff or not .

Four root causes for this team's performance.

1. Brian Williams' in experience (there are other LOCAL coachs that could have done slightly better)

2. The team did not have enough time to train together.
I suppose in the small islands their players not all over the place studying in universities or playing football but rather most live at home and would have done a lot more training together.

4. TTFF (nothing needs to be explained here)
       It's the feeling of everyone here that our foreign based players are our best and i tend to agree,but number 2 in this post says something very interesting.

We have foreign based players in universities,MLS etc etc the islands their players live at home does more training together,does this boil down to foreign vs local,is it safe to say if we do the same with our local boys we will do better?remember this was proven in the past. 

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 10:47:06 AM »
allya real jokey, as allya want Wim to be this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUfduddGXjs&mode=related&search=
the Man is the SENIOR men's coach for the Soca Warriors and not the Countries Football saviour
get over it please

They should be drilled for the next 2-weeks in all aspects of the game

yes this should be the system of preperation to acheive our "Goals"  ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 04:51:56 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 03:49:48 PM »
yuh know, I have been trying to find out who is these big time, super qualified coaches coaching ST. Vincent, St. Kitts or Haiti - and ah cyar even find out theyname...somebody help meh out here nah...lehme see wha big experiences they have etc..etc..

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 04:01:30 PM »
Baygo Boy

Re: Thread for the T&T v St Vincent U-20 game.
« Reply #91 on: Today at 03:07:11 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUPA and others who continuously blaming local coaches every time we lose, answer this - What is the responsibility of the players? All yuh who ever play this game tell meh if ah wrong - on the field of play allyuh would agree that things happen fast, and no one not even the best coaches could know what de next play go be. Players have to be able to think on the spur of the moment - something no coach can teach. We have to stop putting unnecessary blame. 

Williams had this team for only a few weeks - every expert know that in order to truly evaluate yuh team yuh have to see them play for 3 -5 matches. The idea that because we have the better players we should win everytime is borderline ignorant.

What ah hearing is give we local players a shot, but not we local coaches - that idea doesn't make sense to me, and ah don't know why it making sense to all yuh.

If we want to talk about we football progressing - we have no choice but to include we local coaches at every level of the game. The only thing foreign coaches have on our locals is experience. We willing to send we players abroad for experience (clubs, colleges etc), but not we coaches. What is wrong with getting local coaches foreign experience by getting into foreign clubs as a junior member of a coaching staff? But no, we seem to think that giving them access to coaching seminars is all that is necessary. Ah want all yuh nay-sayers to research how many EPL/Championship coaches have big time licenses - and at what time in their coaching careers did they get them - we know Keano doh have. What these coaches have is playing experience at the top level - it's that fact that allows them to be hired, not the license, or a seminar. However, I am not here to put down the significance of continuing education in football. Ah know ah ranting 

What we need to do is offer either Latas, Dwight, Stern or Shaka Wim type salary to return home to coach. Wim probably making more paper than each ah dem.

Another thing - It is clear that ST.Kitts, DR and other so-called smaller countries have talented players - maybe not as talented as T&T players. But we have to understand that those countries have their players training together all the time, whereas our players are not - a number of our U-20 players are members of pro league teams, and cannot train together - a problem for any coach - so it stands to reason that we are going to continue to have a difficult time with those teams. Stop blaming we locals unnecessarily - pay attention to the big picture.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 04:05:12 PM by Baygo Boy »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 10:28:46 PM »
allya real jokey, as allya want Wim to be this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUfduddGXjs&mode=related&search=
the Man is the SENIOR men's coach for the Soca Warriors and not the Countries Football saviour
get over it please

They should be drilled for the next 2-weeks in all aspects of the game

yes this should be the system of preperation to acheive our "Goals"  ;D

You obviously ent know about hard work sonny boy.
Senior national coach mean this man must just go to games an grin an talk BS about the quality of our players and not get involved in improving our LOCAL football ?
Is assness if you don't beleive that these same players don't eventually have to get into to the senior team and play under Wimp, so why he not helping out with these teams, Corneal is the youth development coach or something like that and he working so my question still stands ....where the F**k is Wimp ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2023, 07:49:21 AM »
I AGREE WITH PALOS THE PROBLEM IS  LACK OF ADEQUATE SUPPORT FOR COACHES .firstly for years our coaches were day job people rushing from work to coach people children for free theer are many coaches who are in fact heroes ,we will be foolish to compare our coaches with those at international level like beenhacker and simoes who have been afforded the training and experience to ply their trade for a living.we also fail to realise that coaching has many diffetrent aspects to it most international coaches are good tacticians few actually are good coaches aka teachers. we berate bertil st clair as an international coach ,but he might actually be an expert youth coach. skill aquisition takes months of daily work with athletes ,coaches in trinidad  have been known to get a phone call in the middle of the night asking them to take a team to the qualifiers in three weeks. these men are either heroes or fools for taking these impossible assignments,another important factor trinis need patience both the coaches and commentors alike such as those on this site. williams ia in his early 40's so too is morrris jose marinho was an assisstant to many coaches before striking it big; the number of coaches that started out as physical education teachers is phenominal. a coach takes years to develop .canada and the US are big countries with far more resources than us and i dont see any outstanding coaches emerging from either nation ,they have systems in place and use their available resources wisely ,lets put things in perspective williams and these fellas have potential, we must not right them off but put them in the correct station and give them the support they need to develop .

2023- WHAT HAS CHANGED?

1]; } ?>