April 27, 2024, 09:31:07 AM

Author Topic: Greenidge , Haynes, marshall, Richards, Gomes, Lloyd  (Read 6530 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Greenidge , Haynes, marshall, Richards, Gomes, Lloyd
« on: February 02, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »
hear nuh dem man nuh breed no gal. how come dem nuh have dey children playing cricket? I know Richards have a child wid a Indian gal frm India but di rest no mek children ? How come we nuh have none of there children playing cricket. lara Have children what about logie?
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Greenidge , Haynes, marshall, Richards, Gomes, Lloyd
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:19:29 AM »
greenidge have ah son playing in england..Carl Greenidge was a professional cricketer with Gloucestershire

http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/13448.html
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:30:54 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »
greenidge have ah son playing in england..Carl Greenidge was a professional cricketer with Gloucestershire

http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/13448.html

cool man. I Just wondering I eh seeing none of there kids representing no country at all.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 12:37:53 PM »
Kanhai, Kallicharan and sons.

I heard that one of Alvin's sons was a promising cricketer in the 80s. Never heard much after that.
Clive Lloyd's son became a Goal Keeper in the lower leagues in England. Played for Guyana about two years ago.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 01:52:45 PM »
Richards' son, Mali Richards, plays for the Leeward Islands. As a matter of fact he opened the batting for dem in de recently concluded match against T&T.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:30 PM »
He got out first ball from Gabriel lol .
Revenge for his dad i hear

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »
Before we jump on them men for not producing children to folloow in their footsteps, we must look and see if any of them men father use to play for the WI. Neither, LLoyd, Kalli, Khanhai, Gomes, Richards fathers ever played for the WI. So why their off springs have to be like them. DNA don't always follow the same trail. Headley's son was an exception.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 04:00:44 AM »
Deeks in the case of some, their fathers may not have progressed because of certain realities.

I read in Lara's Biography, his father missed out on trials with TT because the "donkey cart" was late in picking him up.

As a kid I used to hear Trinis say that Richards' father was better than him but never got a chance to play. That might  be sh*& though :-)

In terms of their sons. Well how many of them had sons.

Sobers, Rohan and Alvin did. But obviously weren't world class.
Gome's son played for Hillview College, that's it.
I believe one of the Ws had two sons who played for WI, David Murray is one of the sons.

There are loads of WC cricketers whose sons have followed in their father's footsteps: McDermott's son being the latest.

But I guess just as many where it doh seem to happen. Or they choose another path becz they are only so good.

VB

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 06:22:50 AM »
Deeks in the case of some, their fathers may not have progressed because of certain realities.

I read in Lara's Biography, his father missed out on trials with TT because the "donkey cart" was late in picking him up.

As a kid I used to hear Trinis say that Richards' father was better than him but never got a chance to play. That might  be sh*& though :-)

In terms of their sons. Well how many of them had sons.

Sobers, Rohan and Alvin did. But obviously weren't world class.
Gome's son played for Hillview College, that's it.
I believe one of the Ws had two sons who played for WI, David Murray is one of the sons.

There are loads of WC cricketers whose sons have followed in their father's footsteps: McDermott's son being the latest.

But I guess just as many where it doh seem to happen. Or they choose another path becz they are only so good.

VB

You forget that Ricky Hoyte who played for Barbados and WI A was also David Murray's son
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 09:44:10 AM »
Before we jump on them men for not producing children to folloow in their footsteps, we must look and see if any of them men father use to play for the WI. Neither, LLoyd, Kalli, Khanhai, Gomes, Richards fathers ever played for the WI. So why their off springs have to be like them. DNA don't always follow the same trail. Headley's son was an exception.
no deeks I really are jumping on the man and dem nuh . I jes saying for d type of  stars dey was I was hoping one of there children could come and rescue  My west Indies team. I mean dem man and dem was big big star and dey children eh have no impact in we cricket?  if you look at american sport a lot of the players had a father in di league or a uncle or somebody who had an impact in there life .
war

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
In other sports I know some sons and daughters followed their fathers' or mothers' footsteps. I know in football. Gordon Husbands and father Dudley both played for TT. Leo Brewster and his dad played football. Ainsley Armstrong and his son both ran track for TT. Ria Mark and her son Ken Mark(correct me?). George Bovel and his father. I want to say Kwandaye Brown and his mom in field hockey(but  I am not sure). Ahmad Charles (football) and Sandra Charles (field hockey).

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
do forget ALVIN and ANTON, Spanner and son,
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 03:09:40 PM »
I-869,
              Thanks! how can I forget them? Old age??????????

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »
i think ria mark son name is chris.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 12:58:51 AM »
May be de donkey cart dat VB was talking bout was late bringing some skettle to breed.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 05:06:19 AM »
yuh'd think with all d outside children produced throughout the glory years that one ah dem would pick up ah bat or ball and be half decent.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 07:30:52 AM »
maybe a lot of these people just opted for an education.

I remember Inshan Ali's sone doing well as a youth cricketer. Believed he went on to study law and never heard of him again.

VB

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »
how many sons of great athletes were better than their father's, thats a question that should be asked, just because sobers of lloyd was good, doesnt mean their son would also be good, thats a farce.

it rarely happens and if it does happen, its one in a million maybe.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »
Controversial,
                     You right about that. Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Kenny Dalglish, Georgie Best, Diego all have sons. None reach the heights of their dads. Paolo Maldini is one of the exceptions to the rule. Does Latas have a son in Portugal. If so, then the verdicts is still out of him?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 02:59:35 AM »
how many sons of great athletes were better than their father's, thats a question that should be asked, just because sobers of lloyd was good, doesnt mean their son would also be good, thats a farce.

it rarely happens and if it does happen, its one in a million maybe.

You are partly correct, your dad being good doesn't mean you have to be.

But there are countless examples of Dad's whose sons were world class but not necessarily as good as their father. Some actually better.

Dads with WC sons: Alvin Corneal, Willi Rodriguez, Edgar Vidale, Leroy Spann, Joe Fraizer, Buster Mathis, Cyruff, Pele, Joe Douglas (Buster's father) Doug Jones (Roy's father) Floyd Mayweather, Ken Norton, Squeaky Hinds, Sunil Gavaskar, Armanath, Lobo Joseph, Krishnan (tennis), Vijay Amritaj (tennis), Dr. J, Yannick Noah, Maradona (he outside child), Ray Clemence, George Headley, Guillen, Alf Constantine, Hector Camacho, Julio Cesar Chavez, Tommy Hearns, Ross Russel, One of the Ws cah remember which one, Gunn (cricket) from Gunn&Moore fame.
Armstrong, Philbert Jones,Leon Spinks.

Endless more that I can't remember.

VB

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 07:45:02 AM »
David Murray was the son of Everton Weekes
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »
Vb,
          Yannick Noah's Dad did play professionally for Nice in France, in 50/60's. I think he won the French cup with them. But he got injured and left the game.  The Noah's chose different sports. Well we know Yannick's son is a b-baller.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 03:47:39 PM »
Did KJ father ever make the national team? I know he played for the army
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 07:51:35 PM »
In other sports I know some sons and daughters followed their fathers' or mothers' footsteps. I know in football. Gordon Husbands and father Dudley both played for TT. Leo Brewster and his dad played football. Ainsley Armstrong and his son both ran track for TT. Ria Mark and her son Ken Mark(correct me?). George Bovel and his father. I want to say Kwandaye Brown and his mom in field hockey(but  I am not sure). Ahmad Charles (football) and Sandra Charles (field hockey).

Not his mother, but 2 of his aunts represented T&T in hockey.

Joe Bryant and his son, Kobe, Bobby and Barry Bonds Ken Griffey Snr. and Jnr. (didn't they also play for the same professional team?), NFL Hall-of-Famer Tony Dorsett and his son Tony, Mohammed Ali and his daughter Laila, Joe Frazier and his daughter Jacqui, George Foreman and his son (George?), Felipe Alou and son Moises, Ralph Earnhardt, son Dale Snr and his son Dale Jnr., Archie Manning and his sons Peyton and Eli, I think Grant Hill's father was a professional NFL player as well plus at least 2 NHL father son combinations, but I'm not such a fan that I know their names (nor am I inclined to research it).

It's not as uncommon as some of us are making it out to be, but that being the case it's not a frequent enough occurence that we should expect Sydney Lara to be a world class cricketer or even a world class athlete nor any children the Bravo's, Chanderpaul, Sarwan et. al. may have to go on to athletic greatness.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »
Ken Griffey Snr. and Jnr. (didn't they also play for the same professional team?)

yeah, they were the first father and son to play as teammates (in Seattle).  Sr. played most of his career with the Reds.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 12:48:44 AM »
This is a very fertile thread. It sounds like allyuh willing to go the distance to reproduce up and coming young cricketers. Question is: who's at the receiving end? cause these greats a very fertile.   :devil: :devil:
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>