April 23, 2024, 01:24:14 AM

Author Topic: Whitley re-joins Jabloteh  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Whitley re-joins Jabloteh
« on: March 02, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »
Whitley re-joins Jabloteh
ttproleague.com

Discarded Trinidad and Tobago World Cup midfielder Aurtis Whitley has rejoined former club San Juan Jabloteh for the upcoming 2010 season.

Whitley who left Jabloteh back in 2007 to join rivals W Connection never settled in at the Savonnetta Boys under coach Stuart Charles Fevrier. In 2009 the 2006 World Cup midfielder joined United Petrotrin and again saw little playing time under Brazilian coach Marcos Tinoco.

“Everybody knows he’s got talent,” said returning Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick. “However he just never got back to himself following the World Cup in Germany.”

Fenwick confirmed that the San Juan club has signed Whitley on a short term contract adding, “We’ve signed him on a short term contract and on reasonable terms. When we get what we want, he will get closer to what he wants.”

Whitley who previously played 11 years at the club is already training with the 2009 Digicel Pro League runners-up.

Fenwick further explained that Jabloteh has signed the 32 year old with the intention of resurrecting the player’s career.

“I’m going to try and resurrect his career,” said Fenwick. “He’s not really a gamble, because we’ve got a lot of good players around him. He knows what Jabloteh stands for and he knows what Terry Fenwick is about and we are going to try rebuild his passion for the game as he did in the past.

“I recognize the tremendous talent in Whitley, so I’ve always kept my eye on him. He was the best player locally until the World Cup 2006 and it was sad to see lose himself since then. This is a player that is two years younger than Trent Noel(Joe Public) so we are not going to give up on him.

“It’s an opportunity for him now. He proved himself in the past. His World Cup campaign in 2006 was excellent and that was during his time at Jabloteh,” ended Fenwick.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whitley re-joins Jabloteh
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 04:21:04 PM »
Fenwick really like this fella and so do I,its hard to understand why talented people like him cannot get their heads working right.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 05:29:50 PM »
Play yuhself Whitley!!! yuh is a boss player

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 08:50:08 PM »
Yeah Fenwick is a fan ... sometimes yuh just need s coach who will support yuh good luck fella

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:52:05 AM »
Oliver and Whitley? I guess they will interchange since Oliver will be doing more coaching. He want these guys really to be good examples to the youths and pass the baton so we not stuck like the national team with no transfer of knowledge between 2006 and now.

The young ones must come before the old ones die
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Texastrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 08:40:17 AM »
Sometimes ah does feel Fenwick is a real a-hole but I think this is a real good move for Jab, Whitley and maybe even the Warriors.  Whitley problems ain't no secret but Fenwick might be the man to help him return to something like the player he was.  Good luck to Jab and Whitley.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 10:44:36 AM »
I hear ah man say this morning on the radio say how Latas would be good for men like Kerwyn Jemmot!!!.... :o :o  Well I nearly fall out mih chair.....I feel is TI Controversial who call een... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 11:17:59 AM »
Will people be honest and tell us what is Whitley's problem(s)!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Whitley eager to return to top form
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:19:40 PM »
Whitley eager to return to top form
ttproleague.com

Former Trinidad and Tobago international midfielder Aurtis Whitley is eager to return to the player that earned him a place in the Soca Warriors 2006 World Cup team in Germany.

Whitley re-joined former club San Juan Jabloteh ahead of the 2010 season on a short-term contract under the influence of coach Terry Fenwick and believes that he can give it his best shot.

“I’m much fitter now, than in the previous years,” Whitley told www.ttproleague.com.

The 32 year old admits that his last three seasons weren’t impressive highlighting injuries as deterrence.

Whitley said he has recovered from his most recent knee injury which saw him feature little for United Petrortin last season.

“I’ve done a lot of rehabilitation on my knee injury sustained last season. And I’ve also been working on my fitness because I’m aware that there are a lot of catching up to do because I want to return to top form this season,” said the midfielder.

Whitley who played for Jabloteh between 1998-2007, joined rival club W Connection in September of 2007 after Fenwick terminated his contract because of indiscipline. Whitley never settled himself at Connection and in 2009 joined United Petrotrin but again the former T&T international featured little.

“I’m back with Jabloteh now,” he continued. “This is the club that I performed best with [and made the World Cup squad], so my chances are great in getting back to the level I want.”

Fenwick who is known for his no nonsense approach said that it’s an opportunity for Whitley to restore himself.

“I know what to expect from Fenwick and at Jabloteh,” added Whitley. “We have a great team at Jabloteh, so its just about fitting in.”

Whitley says he understands that Jabloteh has changed a lot since 2007 with a number of players such as Ataulla Guerra, Jason Marcano and Marvin Oliver at the helm of things and will do his best to fit in.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 05:34:44 PM »
As far as de international arena concerned....Whitley gorn tru.

However....I sure he could still play a role against Barbados, Grenada and dem side so.

And yes....I doh consider dem kinda games so to be "international" games.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »

However....I sure he could still play a role against Barbados, Grenada and dem side so.

Plus Latapy want them between 20-26 yrs old.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 06:30:28 PM »

Whitley gone through?? you livin all the way in north america, what the fack yuh know bout whitley and his game @ the moment!

FYI we don't have one young midfielder @ the moment who is as skillfull and as poised as whitley on the ball, and as out of it as he may seem, the fella is still ah better option than most @ the moment!

that's why i against latas appointment @ the moment, BC ah feel he will continue tuh ignore real good players for fellas who lack ability.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 06:55:53 PM »

Whitley gone through?? you livin all the way in north america, what the fack yuh know bout whitley and his game @ the moment!

FYI we don't have one young midfielder @ the moment who is as skillfull and as poised as whitley on the ball, and as out of it as he may seem, the fella is still ah better option than most @ the moment!

that's why i against latas appointment @ the moment, BC ah feel he will continue tuh ignore real good players for fellas who lack ability.

Where do you live?  If is NOT in T&T, by your own criteria, how legitimate is your "knowledge" of Whitley's game?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »

Where do you live?  If is NOT in T&T, by your own criteria, how legitimate is your "knowledge" of Whitley's game?
I'm not the one who said he's finished! the fact iz both ah we in the same boat, but @ least i not making harsh statements concerning ah player i didn't see play in over a yr, and the last time i saw him play , he did OK IMO,

that fella was always ah cut above the rest, he just never got it together. blame it on ah bit of pot luck and his own doings, but i don't care what any body say, aurtis whitley is ah big player and once fit, he deserves ah shot on any team, including the national team!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 07:25:11 PM »
How Otis always coming back from someting so?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 07:31:30 PM »
Limers Inc needs a new CEO welcome back Whitley
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 07:32:51 PM »
Yeah Fenwick is a fan ... sometimes yuh just need s coach who will support yuh good luck fella
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 02:00:07 PM »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 06:33:06 AM »
Ah hear Jabloteh eh pay they staff and players in months now.

Expect some big news soon if this don't change.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>