April 28, 2024, 12:16:15 PM

Author Topic: Crimes News Thread  (Read 83337 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gang Shooting in broad Daylight
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »
Things dread and devious, hopefully something comes out of this with the evidence. Faces should be identifiable.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2013, 11:32:56 AM »
i haven't heard a valid reason why they were killed?

govt contracts? No reason has been given... what do they suspect was at the core of the executions?

all of them saying gang related but it doesn't seem so, or at least we are not being told...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:34:27 AM by Controversial »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2013, 12:41:44 PM »

govt contracts? No reason has been given... what do they suspect was at the core of the executions?

all of them saying gang related but it doesn't seem so, or at least we are not being told...

there are no valid reasons for these killings. if you talking about 'motive' then it could be anything from money, drugs, or grudge. but motive is only good for a judge to pass sentence or to see just how little regard these murderers have for society.

citizens of every creed and background have to come together and find a way to end whatever going on in this place.

if this continues unabated...ten to fifteen years from now the country will be a war zone, unrecognizable to those of us who grew up when you could walk Nelson Street, Belmont, EDR  without fear of loosing your life.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:45:25 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2013, 01:57:56 PM »

there are no valid reasons for these killings. if you talking about 'motive' then it could be anything from money, drugs, or grudge. but motive is only good for a judge to pass sentence or to see just how little regard these murderers have for society.

citizens of every creed and background have to come together and find a way to end whatever going on in this place.

if this continues unabated...ten to fifteen years from now the country will be a war zone, unrecognizable to those of us who grew up when you could walk Nelson Street, Belmont, EDR  without fear of loosing your life.
We need Batman. or any other vigilante
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2013, 03:04:31 PM »
Things dread and devious, hopefully something comes out of this with the evidence. Faces should be identifiable.

That happened since 2011 them same shooters must be dead by now.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »

We need Batman. or any other vigilante

Lol maybe a few like this fella.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/video/real-life-kick-ass-superhero-163010350.html

Or maybe a few people with some balls carrying Mossberg 590s or SPX pistol grips patrolling the streets.

In all seriousness a big part of the problem is the poor quality of policing in the country. And the lack of character and moral conviction at all levels in society. Its one thing not to speak out on behalf of teenage victims. Its entirely another to keep silent when an unborn child is slaughtered in her mother's belly.

Police urgently need more resources and training. And drug trafficking and extremely violent people must be made to carry a terrible social stigma from Laventille straight to Westmoorings.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2013, 05:42:05 PM »
What's amazing is gibbs get run out. But everybody quiet now. ?
Youtube Channel

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2013, 06:32:45 PM »

i agree it could be anything but since my father's time in the 70s behind the bridge, the stories of childhood friends being killed and left for dead and other gruesome tales it was deteriorating since then.

another thing you need to ask yourself is, where was his father, i assume one parent home and doing his best to support himself and his mother... another big issue in the ghetto that cyclically speaking is destroying the fabric

however, its a different type of criminal now, children and women are not immune to gun violence, in my aunts time she was robbed once and one bandit told the other to don't harm the sister, just take the money... its not like that anymore... its funny but you could almost say criminals had some sense of morality...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:34:20 PM by Controversial »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2013, 07:31:13 PM »
I couldn't shake this video all and to read the Express article makes it worst.  I guess you everyone need some self defense classes.  What would you guys have done if them fellas had rolled up on allyuh.  I'm training myself to not run in the other direction. If you smart enough to size me up from the front and dip in ur waist.  You better be far enough away cause i coming for you with the intent of incapacitating you,  throat or balls.  If you come for my life you have to earn it. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Gang Shooting in broad Daylight
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2013, 07:35:04 PM »
I couldn't shake this video all and to read the Express article makes it worst.  I guess you everyone need some self defense classes.  What would you guys have done if them fellas had rolled up on allyuh.  I'm training myself to not run in the other direction. If you smart enough to size me up from the front and dip in ur waist.  You better be far enough away cause i coming for you with the intent of incapacitating you,  throat or balls.  If you come for my life you have to earn it.

He was dead.  Anywhere he run. To many of them
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »

He was dead.  Anywhere he run. To many of them

Yea Preacher dat fella no options for self defense, don't even think Don Jacobs coulda stand up tuh dem men. De only way he mighta get away was to run round de corner and jump a fence real quick and get out of it real fast, and he Might of stood a chance. But all in all his goose was cook!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2013, 08:04:21 AM »

i agree it could be anything but since my father's time in the 70s behind the bridge, the stories of childhood friends being killed and left for dead and other gruesome tales it was deteriorating since then.

another thing you need to ask yourself is, where was his father, i assume one parent home and doing his best to support himself and his mother... another big issue in the ghetto that cyclically speaking is destroying the fabric

however, its a different type of criminal now, children and women are not immune to gun violence, in my aunts time she was robbed once and one bandit told the other to don't harm the sister, just take the money... its not like that anymore... its funny but you could almost say criminals had some sense of morality...

The way this works here now is that they don't go for the gang members themselves, but instead find a relative or friend. That way, they send a message without worrying that the victim will shoot back. I'm usually skeptical when I hear that "he was a good boy and not involved in gangs" but that it becoming more and more likely in East PoS. 

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2013, 09:22:02 AM »

the criminals and the marginalized tend to mirror attitudes within the larger community, and vice versa. you might even say the morality of criminals is not the real problem, the attitude of the people is. and those charged with leadership are in a state of paralysis/apathy.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2013, 02:30:04 PM »
What's amazing is gibbs get run out. But everybody quiet now. ?

Gibbs was trying to modernise the 18th century police force service.  He was juss farse and outta place.  He eh hear we like being a Green Fig Republic??  Chups.... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2013, 02:59:08 PM »
.amm after seeing all this....ah don't know what to say...nor do ..

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
a next one .... this time is de navy yard
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2013, 12:53:46 PM »
3 shooters this time and 12 dead according to CNN.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: a next one .... this time is de navy yard
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »
this thing shaping up to be another workplace violence issue. nothing to see here.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »
Any Trini linkage?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2013, 08:11:55 AM »
Any Trini linkage?

about as much as miss america.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2013, 09:18:29 AM »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2013, 10:26:59 AM »
  why it had to be a brother...steups

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_24111013/13-killed-washington-navy-yard-shooting-rampage?source=hot-topic-bar

my thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims.  something is wrong with the treatment these guys are receiving.  i have firsthand knowledge of how backed up the system is at the VA but that is no excuse.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he have WI heritage... being from Queens and with a name like "Alexis".  NYT reporting that he's had mental illness issues dating back over 10 yrs.

EDIT:

Alexis grew up in Brooklyn with his parents, Cathleen and Anthony Alexis, said his aunt Helen Weekes. “We haven’t seen him for years,” she said.

Maybe he's Bajan...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:28:33 PM by Bakes »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »
  why it had to be a brother...steups

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_24111013/13-killed-washington-navy-yard-shooting-rampage?source=hot-topic-bar

my thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims. something is wrong with the treatment these guys are receiving.  i have firsthand knowledge of how backed up the system is at the VA but that is no excuse.

the only time ah does read about VA is bad-talk; but ah not sure if that is just the private healthcare industry's attempt to demonize any and all publicly provided healthcare.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he have WI heritage... being from Queens and with a name like "Alexis".  NYT reporting that he's had mental illness issues dating back over 10 yrs.

EDIT:

Alexis grew up in Brooklyn with his parents, Cathleen and Anthony Alexis, said his aunt Helen Weekes. “We haven’t seen him for years,” she said.

Maybe he's Bajan...

I was walking in the park with my cousin in Brooklyn on Monday. Got a call from a friend from Suriname and she saying the same thing about the names Alexis and Weekes. And I concluded(maybe incorrectly, actually I hope so)) after making that connection and seeing his photo that he even "look" WI. It does not matter, but deep down I don't want it be a WI descendant that did such a ghastly act.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »
I have long stopped trusting any news released by the US government and their media mouth-pieces here in the US.  IMO they have long lost all semblance of credibility. 

I simply take it all in with a grain of salt. 

The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
US gives T&T $11.3m more to fight crime.
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2013, 03:10:51 AM »
US gives T&T $11.3m more to fight crime.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T will now have TT$11.3 million more to help in the fight against crime. On Monday, the United States signed an agreement to provide the country with US$1.8 million for security assistance programmes through the Caribbean Basin Security Initiative (CBSI). It was signed at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by US Chargé d’Affaires Margaret Diop and acting Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr Roodal Moonilal at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Waterfront Centre, Wrightson Road, Port-of- Spain.

A media release from the US embassy said the agreement increased co-operative opportunities between the US and T&T Governments to develop programmes aimed at increasing citizen security in the areas of juvenile justice, youth development, counter-narcotics, military and police capacity, drug demand reduction and financial crimes investigations. The goal of those programmes was to improve security, promote social justice and counter the efforts of local and international criminal organisations, it was stated.

Moonilal thanked the US government for ongoing support to T&T in that area. The release added: “The US$1.8 million adds to the US$1.6 million  (TT$10.08 million) previously committed. “In addition to direct, bilateral assistance, the US provided more than US$263 million in funding to the CBSI in its first four years to support regional programmes that benefit T&T and its Caribbean neighbours in many areas, including law enforcement information-sharing and maritime co-operation.”

It said the US also invested in HIV/Aids prevention, military education and training, advancing economic development and trade, and promoting social inclusion for marginalised groups.

AG: BAE pays up $US1.4B settlement.
Gary Gets Early $$ for Crime
By Richard Lord (Guardian).

Government has finally collected a $1.4 billion cheque from British Aerospace Engineering (BAE) Systems for its victory at an arbitration hearing over the breach of contract to supply three off-shore patrol vessels (OPVs) to the Ministry of National Security. However, the money will still go towards the fight against crime, as it will be handed over to new National Security Minister Gary Griffith for one of his intended programmes.

This was revealed by Attorney General Anand Ramlogan during his contribution to yesterday’s Senate debate on the 2013-2014 national budget. “We have received the cheque from BAE and the Government has put that money to good use,” he said to loud desk-thumping in the chamber. Ramlogan said the money would be used by Griffith for a plan to ensure the country’s maritime boundaries were secured.

Last week, Griffith announced he was looking at a “maritime security lockdown” initiative as one of his crime-fighting tools. He said he would need to purchase a launch patrol vessel and between four and six vessels for the plan. With these smaller and faster vessels, Griffith said he would be able to implement 24-hour patrols in order to lock down the country’s shores from external criminal elements.

Griffith noted that the vessels would operate in tandem with the existing radar system and the helicopters so that at any time there was an alert about any illegal entry of any vessel, the national security forces could respond. Yesterday, however, Ramlogan said the money would not be additional to the $6.4 billion allocation provided to the Security Ministry in the budget.

The payment comes following an arbitration matter that had been settled with UK-based BAE since last November. Ramlogan admitted that the members of the PP Government, when in Opposition, had criticised the OPV agreement.

However, he said, it was a misrepresentation that the Government had cancelled the OPV contract, which was entered into the previous PNM administration, in a willy nilly manner. The AG said all the experts said that three OPVs were too many and the money could be put to better use, adding their objection was based on solid and technical advice. On assuming office, the Government, Ramlogan said, was still committed to honouring the agreement and was making the required payments for the three OPVs.

“The reason that matter landed up in arbitration had nothing to do with the Government pulling the plug willy-nilly or else we would not have been paid $1.4 billion by BAE,” he told legislators. “The reason that was done is because there was a defect in the firing capability of the offshore patrol vessels,” he said. He said the defect was in the first vessel constructed and when the second was constructed the defect in the first was not resolved.

He said he visited the company and sought answers about the defective vessel. The company, he said, could not give any guarantee and encouraged the Government to accept the vessels at a reduced price. He said if the vessels did not have the specific capability there was no point in having the OPVs. The minister said the termination of the contract “was justified and in the interest of T&T and that is why we didn’t have to pay any money. We got $1.4 billion.”

The contract was entered into with BAE Systems in April 2007 for the acquisition of three OPVs at a cost of TT$1.5 billion. The PP Government cancelled the contract by reason of BAE default on September 17, 2010. Among the reasons given for the cancellation were the delays in the delivery of the vessels and technical deficiencies.

In announcing the cancellation of the contract in 2010, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar had announced that with a contract of this size and importance, and with major delays then announced in BAE’s delivery obligations and the issues that persisted, it was incumbent that they re-evaluated the contract.

The BAE, the PM had noted then, made proposals that the Government take delivery of the defective vessels despite the fact that the combat system defects would prejudice the operational capabilities of the vessels. She added that though the Government believed in cancelling the contract, it was still exercising contractual rights expressly negotiated and agreed with BAE.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: US gives T&T $11.3m more to fight crime.
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2013, 03:15:21 AM »
Who honestly believe they giving US1.4B to fight crime, I bet you this money end up in some politician pocket.

The US giving them $11.3m and T&T investing another US1.4B...

We should be crime free soon...

The AG feel people stupid, then again, no one in T&T fights the issue....

:rotfl:

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2013, 04:31:48 AM »

Flex I think is really 1.4b TT. If was US that would have worked out to 7 thousand dollars for every man woman and chile in TT.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »

Flex I think is really 1.4b TT. If was US that would have worked out to 7 thousand dollars for every man woman and chile in TT.

still...TT,US or schekels, Billions is plenty money oui.

It really eh have that much criminals in T&T
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>