General > General Discussion

Crimes News Thread

<< < (77/77)

ABTrini:
Lately friends and family have been bringing my attention to the alarming number of homicides taking place in TNT. It is disconcerting to say the least. It reviewing the news and the show' Crime Watch' it appears that the preponderance of salient crimes  are homicides which gets the lime light.

What I find most discouraging is the lack of a concrete action to deter and to lower these occurrences. Some talk shows, political pundits, and other sectors of the populations have given attention to blaming: the government, the P.M, the National security Council, the opposition, Minister of security yet no one seems to be looking at accountability as a collective endeavor.

I do not adhere to political bashing, government criticism or  personal character attacks  of political figures when there seems to be a lack of action- I find that  disrespectful to be calling out  individuals as 'chupid' or otherwise- when former ministers or commissioners go on talk shows and decry others I don't think that is getting us anywhere  but creating  public sentiments,  accruing props and allowing for people to lose faith in the system.

WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
Do we expect to know and to be at each vicinity prior to a homicide occurring to prevent it? preposterous notion- however do we expect to see: a better police response to reports of impending threats which may lead to a crime? do we expect to see more active policing in areas of  higher areas  where  crimes may occur?

Should we expect some joint  defense force /police increase patrols?  Should we expect to see implementation of police dragnet - a  system of coordinated measures for apprehending criminals or suspects; including road blocks  traffic stops, widespread searches in areas in all regions, and general increased police/ army/ coast Guard presence?- patrolling streets- villages- communities and the seas.

I am amazed that a National Security minister could absolve himself of  not being plan of creating a crime reduction plan!!!!!
Mr. Minister if yuh cyar think up ah plan - go google  what other countries are doing- It is very clear that we are not the only country dealing with this issue. For example  look at the following initiatives:

The National Crime Prevention Strategy (NCPS) is an integral part of the Government of Canada's continued efforts to tackle crime in order to build stronger, healthier communities.

The NCPS is the policy framework for the implementation of crime prevention interventions in Canada, by providing funding to strategically selected projects that contribute to preventing and reducing crime in Canada and to increasing knowledge about what works in crime prevention.

For more information

Contact the Regional office nearest you, call 1-800-830-3118 or send an email to ps.prevention-prevention.sp@canada.ca.

Register for the NCPS mailing list to receive updates on the NCPS, including notification on funding opportunities.

Visit the Crime Prevention Funding Programs page[/i]

“As Minister of Public Safety, I am pleased to respond to the Report of the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security entitled A Path Forward: Reducing Gun and Gang Violence in Canada.

It matters little as to which political entity is in power;  what needs to occur is that  the safety of this country's  citizens should be placed first and foremost; that  as a society we need to do better for the common good than  reduce ourselves to politicizing each and every action for political gains and power.
 If you think you have the answer, let's get a standing committee together invite - concern citizens, the crime  watch man, Ian A , former ministers,  police commissioners, inspectors,   faith leaders from all walks of life all political parties. put aside differences- race , religion and politics- put at the forefront the country of TNT.
 This country is under siege and it is not the sole responsibility of the government to solve it but the government do have a role to  play in seeking out all possible solutions and to accommodate all possible perspectives and actions to deter the  erosive and malicious  miscreants in society. Let's leave no stone unturned in cleaning  house  and state- Each citizen has a duty to ensure that criminal elements do not reside within nor are they benefitting from the proceeds of criminal activity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version