April 26, 2024, 05:04:47 PM

Author Topic: PNM TILL I DIE  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PNM TILL I DIE
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:43:20 AM »
WEAK OPPOSITION AND WEAK LEADERSHIP... more like children who too focused on being a popo instead of caring for their people... With all the Corruption Allegations at least Patrick have PNM under lock... :beermug:

PANDAY SAVES HART
Bas, Ramnath block UNC motion on UDeCOTT chairman
by Ria Taitt Political Editor

Saturday, March 6th 2010

KAMLA OUTFOXED: UNC parliamentarians Basdeo Panday and Kelvin Ramnath in Parliament yesterday. Both men did not vote for the debate of a motion on Calder Hart, which was raised by their own party leader, Kamla Persad-Bissessar (above), which resulted in it not being debated.-Photos: Curtis Chase
Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s effort to have Government respond to the allegations against UDeCOTT Chairman Calder Hart ’as a definite matter of urgent public importance’ in the House of Representatives, yesterday came up against the rock of Basdeo Panday’s obstructionism.

The Couva North MP, along with Couva South MP Kelvin Ramnath, essentially joined forces with the People’s National Movement (PNM) to block debate on the controversial issue of Hart.

The matter, which needed 11 votes, received only nine UNC votes, frustrating not only the United National Congress (UNC) leader and her party, but the country, which has been waiting for answers from the Government on the Calder Hart issue.

In the face of unsettling and explosive revelations about a family link between Hart and a company which won a $368 million contract, the Government has gone from defending Hart to silence. But the Government could not have had its way without the crucial decision of Panday and Ramnath not to vote with their own party. (See Page 4)

As Persad-Bissessar started presenting her case to the Speaker for an urgent discussion on ’the need for the Prime Minister/Cabinet to revoke immediately the appointment of Mr Calder Hart as a member of the several State Enterprises to which he has been appointed, and especially as executive chairman of the Urban Development Company Ltd’, Leader of Government Business Colm Imbert uttered: ’Nonsense!’

But at the end of her presentation, House Speaker Barry Sinanan announced that he was satisfied that the Persad-Bissessar’s matter qualified to be raised under the Standing Order. He then asked the House if this was also its wish, to which Government members said ’no’.

Prime Minister Patrick Manning was not in the House and so it was Government leader Colm Imbert who led the PNM MPs in saying no when the matter was put to the House. Once this is done, the rules required that 11 MPs must stand in support of the Speaker’s decision to allow the matter to be given precedence over the pre-arranged business of the House.

There were exactly 11 Opposition members in the Parliament and therefore all needed to stand. At that point, Persad-Bissessar and members of the Opposition, including Subhas Panday and Vasant Bharath, rose instinctively before looking back. Absent were Nizam Baksh and Hamza Rafeeq, who are ill, while Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj and Mickela Panday were late.

Panday, who wore a determined and stoic expression, did not even look up as he read documents. Ramnath turned his chair towards the public gallery, giving the Speaker and his colleagues his back. As both men remained seated a red-faced Persad-Bissessar looked down as Government members cracked up laughing.

’Change, change, change,’ they mocked, chuckling wildly, looking at Persad-Bissessar and Chief Whip Jack Warner.

Sinanan announced that the matter was defeated, a first in the history of this Parliament. The Opposition had missed a golden opportunity, since matters under this Standing Order are rarely allowed by this Speaker or any Speaker. In fact, Sinanan had stated two weeks ago that since 1995, only 11 of the hundreds of request to debate an issue as an urgent matter of public importance had been granted.

Earlier, in presenting her case for the Calder Hart matter to be discussed, Persad-Bissessar said there was now ’incontrovertible documentary evidence ... in the public domain confirming the family relationships of Hart to two persons in whom the ownership and control of CH Development and Construction Ltd was vested, at the time when UDeCOTT awarded the contract for the construction of the $398.9 Legal Affairs Tower to CH Development, at a price which was more than $60 million higher than that of the lowest bidder’.

She said under the law, Hart, a person in public life by virtue of his chairmanship of UDeCOTT, had failed to comply with Section 24 of the Integrity in Public Life Act, having a conflict of interest in the award of the Legal Affairs contract, as he did not declare such interest nor disqualify himself from the decision-making process as required by Section 29 (2) of the IPLA.

Noting that standards of accountability and transparency were essential for promoting public confidence and effective governance, Persad-Bissessar said Hart’s actions had served to undermine public confidence in him and in the administration and expenditure from the Treasury in the State Enterprises in which he sits.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PNM TILL I DIE
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:44:33 AM »
Kamla give the man a phone call nah... :beermug:

Kamla: 'Political tabanca' behind senseless act
by Ria Taitt Political Editor

Saturday, March 6th 2010

The ’political tabanca’ of Basdeo Panday, still smarting from his comprehensive defeat at the UNC elections, was what was responsible for his actions in the Parliament yesterday.

’We hear of curry tabanca, but this is political tabanca,’ Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar said, as she commented on the decision of Panday and Kelvin Ramnath not to vote for a matter seeking urgent debate on the Calder Hart issue, which was brought by the Opposition.

’We will have to find ways of dealing with men who, having tasted the bitterness of defeat, are hell bent on dishonouring their once proud past by disservice to party and country,’ Persad-Bissessar said at a news conference afterwards.

She dismissed Panday’s comments that he could not vote for the matter to be debated because he was not consulted and did not know what she planned to say on the issue, saying that his statements were ’less than honest and poor excuses for his actions, which was totally against the interest of the people’.

’And nobody out there is going to believe him. Mr Panday himself has said he would not attend the caucuses, he will not speak to Kamla ... It is all just gambage and theatrics ... We will not be distracted, we will keep on the people’s business. I will refile this matter with dispatch on Monday (to debate the Calder Hart issue) and expose the corruption of the PNM.’

She said it would be filed as a motion on the adjournment for discussion next Friday.

Told that Panday said his personal integrity was more important than anything else, Persad-Bissessar satirised: ’Yes, so he would defend the PNM and Calder Hart ... It is a sad, sad, sad, day for such a great man to reach this ... He saved the ’Hart’ of Manning.’

Persad-Bissessar added: ’When the PNM can depend on Mr Panday and Mr Ramnath to rescue them, it is a sad day. The action of these two experienced Members of Parliament, one of whom is a founder of the UNC, amounts to a travesty of justice and is the most irresponsible, reckless act of senseless behaviour I have ever witnessed.’

Said Roodal Moonilal: ’What bothers me is that with the (internal election) campaign out of the way, people would still be on a tabanca almost and concerned with other matters, while the real issue of Calder Hart and UDeCOTT, on a rare occasion when the Speaker gave leave, and they threw away that opportunity for pettiness.’

Vasant Bharath said he too was disappointed in Panday’s actions.

Winston ’Gypsy’ Peters meanwhile said he always knew that Panday was the ’most selfish man in the world’.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 06:45:23 AM »
No support from Panday, Ramnath
Kamla motion to remove Hart from State boards
Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Saturday, March 6th 2010

Former Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday said yesterday that his successor, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, failed to consult with him, so he could not lend his support to her when she raised a motion which called for UDeCOTT chairman Calder Hart to be immediately removed from the various positions he holds.

Panday and Couva South MP Kelvin Ramnath did not support the motion, which would have forced the Government to provide answers on the heated issue, since the matter was approved by the House Speaker for debate.

Pressed by the media on why he did not vote with his colleagues during the Parliament’s tea break, Panday said: ’Quite simple, I didn’t know what she was going to say and I couldn’t commit myself to a statement when I didn’t know what it was going to be. Suppose it ended up being a statement of something I totally disapproved of?’

Persad-Bissessar, in moving the motion called specifically for Hart to be removed from the various State boards on which he sits.

Reminded of this, Panday said, ’Yes, but not on what was going to be said and surely I deserve to be consulted and to know what is going to be said and approve on it. Surely.’

If the motion had received the required support, Persad-Bissessar would have spoken and then a Government member would have had to respond.

Reminded that he had issued a statement indicating that he was willing to work with Persad-Bissessar, Panday said: ’Yes. On making any statement at all without even the decency of consultation and to know what is going to be said? You think that make sense?’

Pressed continuously that the motion would have generated a response from the Government, Panday kept reiterating, ’I have no intention to committing myself to statements which I do not know.’

He added, ’What is important is not the Government response, it’s what is going to be said. You are asking me to commit myself to something of which I know nothing.’

Asked if he was not curious as to Government’s reply, he said, ’Very curious indeed, but you think I’m going to commit myself to a statement of which I know nothing?’

He added, ’I am very concerned but I am not going to be made a fool of. I am very concerned.’

Asked if he would have preferred Persad-Bissessar personally contacting him, he said, ’Yes, or else don’t expect my support, it’s as simple as that. I have been in this business too long ... it would be kind, it would be decent and it would be the right thing to do ... I am a Member of Parliament and I have a responsibility and I cannot back up statements which I know nothing of and I cannot sign blank cheques.’ .

He admitted, however, that he had not spoken to Persad-Bissessar since before the January 24 UNC internal election.

Asked if he was putting his own interests ahead, he said, ’No, not at all. In any case, my interest is very important. I have to live with myself, unlike some of you journalists.’

Panday claimed Persad-Bissessar did not inform anyone of the statement she had intended to make. He said the matter was not discussed at the parliamentary caucus either.

Asked how he would know this since he no longer attends the meetings, he said, ’The fact that I am not there does not mean I don’t know.’

Panday said he was prepared to face disciplinary action to preserve his integrity.

Asked if he would continue his actions no matter if it casts the party in a bad light, he said, ’The UNC looks very good when people stand up and say don’t commit me to any statement that I don’t know about.’

Asked about how the membership would feel over what transpired, he said, ’That’s their business. Not that I don’t care, but a person is of three things. A man is what people think of him, a man is what he thinks he is and a man of what he really is. So it doesn’t matter to me, I know what I am.’

Questioned on whether he was concerned that the public will see him as difficult and selfish, he said, ’I have been difficult all my life, selfish, no.’

Asked his take on the entire UDeCOTT fiasco, Panday said he has always been consistent on this.

’That is that the matter should be investigated thoroughly and action should be taken against those guilty of wrongdoing.’

Told that his action did not seem logical given the stand he took, he said, ’So what, people don’t have to agree with me on everything that I have done or said.’

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 07:39:49 AM »
the only good thing about this is that it makes Panday look even more like an ass and peopleby now have to be really fed up of his shit.
Hard luck there Kamla
Back in Trini...

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 07:45:13 AM »
I guess Rowley was not present. If he was what would he have voted yes or no?

We'll see how it plays out on Monday when Kamla files the motion again.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 07:45:22 AM »
2 things

1) It shows what kind of Government we have when an issue like this is blocked from even being discussed. It's an absolute disgrace.

2) Panday will always a fork-tongue cobra. That is real nasty move.

AirMan

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 08:27:45 AM »
Kamla Talks HDC Corruption and More..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4lO8DJygKs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/B4lO8DJygKs</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »
Honestly, I would like to see Calder Hart and co-norts of the state board period.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 10:20:28 AM »
Mr Hart File...

NAME : CALDER HART
D.O.B. : JUNE 11TH 1945
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Commerce from St. Xavier University, Nova Scotia, Canada.
1962 – 1966
Worked for the city Government of Ottawa. He was about to be fired for
incompetence, insolence, lack of integrity and insubordination when he
left for Trinidad on the invitation of Mr. Andre Monteil, a senior
executive with CLICO, his former class mate.
He claims to have studied at MIT for his MBA – to date this cannot be
confirmed irrefutably. He cannot remember his lecturers, names and they
cannot remember his. He claims to have studied at the Sloan Business
School at MIT in 1969. No one remembers him. He claims to have worked
for the city Government of Toronto as a town planner. This cannot be
confirmed.
JOB STATUS:
Chairman of UDECOTT
Chairman, CEO and Managing Director of the Trinidad & Tobago Mortgage
and Finance Co. (TTMF)
Chairman of NIPDEC
Chairman of NIB.
(Many staff members of the above institutions say that Mr. Hart is a
very unpleasant person to work with.)
CITIZENSHIP: Canada and Trinidad & Tobago
MARRIAGE STATUS: Married three times. Presently he is married to a
Malaysian Chinese woman, Su-Hua Lee, a former Call-Girl and child
prostitute from the age of 12 years old. She claims to have attended
University in Canada but her level of English and Chinese is about
Primary School, Standard Two level. She cannot read or write Chinese.
Mr. Hart’s first two wives are still alive and have never remarried.
They are still being supported by Mr. Hart. He has five children. Two
are mentally challenged, Ross now 21 and Ling Lee now 7. His both
sons, Chase and Ross, for his second wife, Sandra, are apparent drug
users. Chase apparently failed a drug test when applying for a holiday
job with the Ministry of National Security of the Government of T&T, a
few years ago. He attended his father alma mater in Canada and now
works in a government Institution in Port of Spain.
Mr. Hart has received five apartments in the Woodbrook One Complex
from Mr. Fifi, the CEO of Home Construction Ltd., a subsidiary of the
CLICO group of companies, for favours done. He recently sold two
apartments there for 3.200.000.00 TT dollars each. He subsequently
bought a damaged sail boat in New Orleans, USA, that was damaged by
Hurricane Katrina for about 1 million US that was refurbished in a
boat yard in Venezuela, not far from Trinidad. The sailing boat, CHINA
DOLL DL 8607-Z, is now moored at Crews Inn, Chaguaramas, in the
Western Peninsula of the island, just in front of the restaurant and
is still undergoing light repairs. He also owns houses in Goodwood
Park and in the Tobago Plantations – now under construction by 30
Chinese workmen of the Zhe-Jiang Ningbo Construction Group Co. Ltd.,
who’s Managing Director, Mr. Yuan Yong, is the brother in law of Mr.
Yin Dan the Managing Director of China Jiangsu Construction Company.
Mr. Hart’s home at 6 De Lima Road in Cascade was refurbished for FREE
by workmen from Mr. Yin Dan’s company. It is interesting to note that
it is Mr. Yin Dan’s Company that recently won a major construction
contract to build the University of Trinidad & Tobago at Wallerfield.
Mr. Yin Dan’s who lives in Westmoorings South is now seen driving
around in a brand new present model Black BMW X5, SUV, PBE 187. On a
recent visit to Malaysia Mr. Hart and his wife bought a very expensive
high end home in a very upscale area in the capital and has invested
heavily in a plastic toy factory there that is run by Mrs. Hart’s
sister:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »
Mrs Hart Files.... :rotfl: Capo had she wukkin on de side yes...

SHERRINE LEE “HART”
BORN IN MALAYSIA, PENANG on the 31st March 1960 as SU-HUA LEE (3rd
wife of Calder Hart – a Canadian citizen now residing in Trinidad &
Tobago, West Indies.)
She ran away from home and became a Child Prostitute from age 12. She
eventually lived in Canada and Africa Liberia before coming to
Trinidad in 1997 via the International Red Cross as a refugee and as a
guest of Shaheed Khan, who it is alleged she married and whom she met
in Toronto, Canada, whilst working as a Call Girl. She lived with Mr.
Khan in Fairways, Maraval in a rented apartment.
She met Mr. Hart at a Central Bank Cocktail Party and began visiting
his office whilst she was living with Mr. Khan. After Mr. Khan found
out about the relationship he asked Immigration Authorities to deport
Su-Hua Lee. Mr. Khan almost had a complete mental breakdown. He was
accused of stalking Mrs. Hart and was warned by Police.
Mr. Hart was immediately informed by his friends at the Immigration
Department and he later flew out of Trinidad with Mr. Khan’s alleged
wife, to the Bahamas where she got a divorce and married Mr. Hart.
Several years later she bore him a girl child, now 7 years old, called
Ling Lee Hart, who goes to Maria Regina Catholic Prep School on
Abercrombie Street in the capital city of Port of Spain and who suffers
from Attention Deficit Disorder. As a result she is a slow learner.
Neighbors say Mr. Hart is frustrated by her condition and sometimes
treats her very badly. Neighbors also say that there are periodic
“CUSS FEST” between Mr. Hart and his wife and between his two sons,
Chase and Ross. They cannot believe that Mr. Patrick Manning’s ‘Blue
Eye’ boy and his family are such reprobates.
Mrs. Hart’s father, a well known communist insurgent was held under
the Malaysian internal security act for criminal activities that
almost led to the destabilization of Southeast Asia. He was also known
to be a human trafficker and known to operate prostitution rings in
Macau and Thailand which funded the guerrilla movement in Malaysia and
neighboring Thailand.
His daughters, like most of his colleague’s children siblings and
wives served as comfort women to the insurgents.
He abandoned Mrs. Hart’s mother and her children when the children
were still very young. He left the family very destitute. Mrs. Hart
ran away from home at the early age of 12.
Mrs. Hart worked at a Hardware Store called Nagib Elias and Company
Ltd., at Charlotte Street, Port of Spain. At that time she called
herself Mrs. Khan. She worked for a brief period wearing her infamous
short dresses, before she was fired for gross incompetence and
fraudulent credentials. She befriended several prominent Chinese
businessmen on Charlotte Street at this time and it is alleged that
she was sexually involved with them as well. Mr. Winston Wong of Wing
Sing Company is still a close ally from that period and funds many
parties that Mrs. Hart has had at her residence in Cascade.
Mrs. Hart claims that she has a degree in business from a University
in Canada and calls herself a Business Consultant. However
investigations show that she was never a student or a graduate of any
school of higher education in any part of the world.
Her command of Chinese and English are seriously in want. Her level of
spoken Mandarin is very mediocre and she cannot read or write either
language above post primary level, having neither attended Elementary,
Secondary or Graduate School although she has successfully been used
as a translator by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of T&T
without any examination for her competence.
She has acted as a translator to several visiting Chinese government
delegations to T&T, several companies including a multinational
Chinese Malaysia engineering and construction conglomerate with head
offices based in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Malaysia and China
State Construction and China Import and Export Bank in Beijing but to
the consternation of the local Chinese community in T&T who are aware
of her incompetence.
Mrs. Sherine Lee-Hart (wife of Calder Hart) has formerly an unholy
alliance with Micheal Zhang, local manager of Shanghai Group
International Construction Company and the owner of Cantonese Kitchen,
next door to Linda’s Bakery on Western Main Road, St. James. She is
regularly seen at Mr. Zhang’s office/residence in Westmoorings.
Shanghai Group International has recently received construction
contracts worth 380 million US Dollars from UDECOTT, a government
agency where Mr. Hart is Chairman. The contracts did not go out for
tender, the normal process. His wife has confided in her close friends
that the Prime Minister, Mr. Patrick Manning gets 60% of monies thus
received.
She has recently boasted that her husband received so far 8 million US
Dollars from Shanghai Group International Construction Company. She
has also boasted that her husband has been able to put away more than
100 million US Dollars for the Prime Minister over the last 6 years.
A TRUST company in St. Lucia called TEGREMAN TRUST run by Dr. Jamie
Estaphan has been mentioned. Mrs. Hart has also confided in close
friends that she understands that the Minister of Works and Transport,
Mr. Colm Imbert has substantial savings in the same Trust.
Recently she had been receiving $83,000.00TT/ $13,175.00US per week
from Hafiz Karamat’s Construction Company, during the time the
Contractor was working on the Brian Lara Stadium at Torouba in South
Trinidad. It has been estimated that she has thus received over $8
million of just about one and a half million US dollars. The
Contractor was subsequently fired for non performance.
Mrs. Hart is now seen everywhere, everyday driving a brand new dark
green 5 series BMW, PCB 338 that apparently belongs to UDECOTT. Mr.
Hart drives his wife’s company’s car, a new previous model black BMW
X5 SUV, PCA 388. The both vehicles were bought from Bavarian Motors on
Phillip Street in Port of Spain through the sales person, Mr. Peter
Figueira. The decision was made to switch the use of the vehicles
because Mrs. Hart had difficulty in seeing the road in front of her
from the BMW X5 because of her short stature.
The present Chinese Ambassador to Trinidad & Tobago, Mr. Huang Xing,
recently returned to Beijing to answer questions pertaining to Mr.
Hart’s conduct during his trip to Beijing with Dr. Lenny Saith and
Professor Ken Julian, because it is he who invited Mr. Hart and his
wife specifically through Mr. Hart’s prompting. Mr. Hart and his wife
were not scheduled to be on the Government delegation and their
presence was very disturbing to several high ranking Government
officials. It is alleged that Mr. Hart has given the Chinese
Ambassador substantial gifts.
Mrs. Hart is seen frequenting the Chinese Embassy at 39 Alexandra
Street and the Trade Department of the Chinese Embassy at 20 Elizabeth
Street in St. Clair, an upscale neighborhood of Port of Spain, even
on Holidays. It is alleged that senior persons there assist Mrs. Hart
to carry out her nefarious activities.
The Trade Attaché if the Embassy, Mr. Her Dong Yang, has a young
female relative who is now living in Mrs. Hart’s home in Cascade and
is frequently seen accompanying Mrs. Hart. Mrs. Hart has told everyone
that the young lady is a governess for her daughter, Ling Lee Hart and
also her Mandarin Chinese teacher. The Chinese Young Lady is supposed
to be in Trinidad as a student of English.
In diplomatic circles around the world this is definitely unacceptable.
Mrs. Hart is a known king pin in the business of smuggling Chinese
immigrants including construction workers and prostitutes from
mainland China, (with the help of Mr. Lian Zhi Hui – ‘Fai’ of Fai’s
Chinese Restaurant in Tunapuna and Mr. Ou Zhou Feng – ‘John’ of
Cantonese Kitchen in St. James), to Trinidad and Tobago where they
work their lives in horrible conditions and have to repay their
friends and relatives a minimum debt of $8,500.00 US Dollars
(TT$50,000.00) to get their resident permit and sometimes an illegal
passport.
There are now a visible and alarming number of Chinese prostitutes in
the major towns of T&T, working in massage parlors and Casinos. In
recent times some have been arrested and deported.
Some folks sure know how to revive careers amongst strangers.
Malaysia is unforgiving toward ex communist insurgents as they caused
the lives of thousands of Malaysian citizens throughout the 60’s to be
in absolute turmoil and especially unforgiving to former prostitutes
who now pose under a new cloak of respectability.
Mrs. Hart can be reached for comment at her home in Cascade at 868 627
1428 and on her cell phone at 868 682 9189.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 04:52:14 PM »
I nearly fall out mih chair last night when I see this Panday/Kamla bachanal in the Parliament yesterday!!!    :o :o.....well yes....it really, really eh have no hope for folks like me who eh have party card but want to vote in the next election nah.....is either bachanal on one side or the pastor/emperor on the next..... ::) ::)

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>