March 28, 2024, 09:37:27 AM

Author Topic: T&T U-17 Women's Team Thread  (Read 50063 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: T&T U-17 Women's Team Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 24, 2017, 03:12:25 PM »
He said they were able to maintain their unbeaten streak against Trinidad (8:00). 

That should be fighting words for next time we meet....don't forget!

Meantime we out floating at sea without a paddle trying to find our way.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 24, 2017, 03:34:11 PM »
He said they were able to maintain their unbeaten streak against Trinidad (8:00). 

Doh worry, we will lease ah new vessel or recycle some people and proper service will be restored for a little while
http://newsday.co.tt/2017/10/17/patt-allocated-additional-93m-for-lease-of-ferry/

or maybe is best we don't have paddles

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #272 on: May 10, 2019, 12:27:41 AM »
T&T U-17 Women grouped with Mexico for Concacaf Qualifiers.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Under 17 Women have been draw in Group E with Mexico for the  Concacaf Championship Group Stage of The Under 17 Women’s World Cup qualifiers in August.

The Final Championship will kick off with a group stage, in which the top-ranked 16 participating teams, based on the Concacaf Women’s Under-17 Ranking of July 2018, will be sorted into four groups (E, F, G and H). After round-robin play, the top three finishers in each of the groups will join the winners of Groups A, B, C and D (from the qualifiers) in the round of 16.

The 16 teams participating in the group stage of the Final Championship are (in alphabetical order): Bermuda, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Trinidad & Tobago and the United States.

The knockout stage of the competition – round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals and final – will be played in its entirety in a single match elimination format, with the finalists and third place finisher automatically qualifying for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2020.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2019, 12:27:05 AM »
T&T U-17 Women eager to test Panama away from home.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Women’s Under 17 Team will be looking to make the most of their upcoming two-match one-week tour of Panama which will see them undergo their first overseas training camp ahead of upcoming CONCACAF competitions.

T&T are through to the The Final Championship which will kick off with a group stage, as one of the top ranked 16 participating teams, based on the Concacaf Women’s Under-17 Ranking as of July 2018. These teams will be sorted into four groups (E, F, G and H). After round-robin play, the top three finishers in each of the groups will join the winners of Groups A, B, C and D (from the qualifiers) in the round of 16.

The 16 teams participating in the group stage of the Final Championship are (in alphabetical order): Bermuda, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Trinidad & Tobago and United States.

Seattle-based attacking midfielder Annika Daniel spoke about the upcoming trip, describing it as the ideal opportunity for the team to gain some match practice away from home.

“I’m very excited for it and I think it will help a lot with our preparations for the tournament in the next few months,” Daniel told TTFA Media.

“Panama is going to be a challenge but this is something we have to overcome and it’s just about getting more practice games to try out the things we have been working on in practice with more pressure. It’s a safe way to test the way we play.”

Daniel was a member of the T&T Under 15 Team at the CONCACAF U-15 Championship in 2016. She opened the scoring in T&T’s lone victory which was a 4-0 shut out of Dominican Republic.

She touched on the benefits of the team going on its first overseas trip.

“I am excited because I like traveling. I would like to play in my home country but going to Panama is a great opportunity to expand the way I think and experience a different culture. This is very important as traveling together helps a team bond even more so than staying in camp together because when you are in a foreign country you have to stick together and learn together. It’s important for the team to connect there.

“Although they couldn’t come here, it’s good that we are going. It’s an honour to represent my country and I feel very privileged to be playing with these girls and to say I’ve represented my country at such a young age. It’s the most exciting thing for me.

Jessica Harragin of Queen’s Park Women’s team was also elated with the news of the upcoming overseas camp.

“Well I think playing any team is a good opportunity for us and getting to play a team like Panama is even better. Its good to play in front of our crowd but I also think it’s also a good opportunity to showcase ourselves away from home and show how good we are as a team. It is one thing to play on your home soil but is a totally different thing to get used to playing in conditions away from home.

“The whole team is really looking forward it because we had some disappointments with the games being cancelled here but now we have a trip with matches that is certain and it’s a great opportunity for us to go there for this training camp.

“This is good news for us be­cause the girls were look­ing for­ward to these two match­es and were no­tably dis­ap­point­ed up­on re­ceiv­ing the news that they were can­celled. But this lat­est news has lift­ed their spir­its and mood again, and we are now look­ing for­ward to this trip which will be ex­treme­ly valu­able to our prepa­ra­tions at this time,” De­four said.

TTFA pres­i­dent David John-Williams was al­so de­light­ed with the new arrange­ment, say­ing, “Some­times things work out in such a way that it turns out bet­ter in the long run. We knew these match­es for the Un­der-17 Women’s team were nec­es­sary be­cause we want­ed to en­sure, that just like the boys, they were al­lowed to get some in­ter­na­tion­al match prac­tice. And when we re­ceived word from both Cu­ra­cao and Pana­ma that nei­ther could make it, we had to pur­sue an­oth­er av­enue.

“We fol­lowed through with the dis­cus­sions and we are pleased to say that our women U-17 team will be off to Pana­ma next week for three match­es to help with their prepa­ra­tions.”

The knockout stage of the CONCACAF competition – round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals and final – will be played in its entirety in a single match elimination format, with the finalists and third place finisher automatically qualifying for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2020.

T&T has its sights on advancing to that knockout stage. Head Coach Stefan Defour added, “Our ambition is of course to go all the way. We have these games which be valuable to the preparations and then we head into competition where our next aim will be to make it through to the knockout phase and take it from there. It’s all a step by step process,”

The T&T team will depart for Panama City on Tuesday. The matches versus Panama are carded for Thursday  and Sunday at the Luis Ernesto stadium.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:29:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2019, 05:26:03 AM »
Barring any changes, kick-off is at 5pm today TT time.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2019, 07:14:03 AM »
Are they play 3 games over there or 2? Initially it was supposed to be 3 games.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2019, 07:31:38 AM »

Two.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2019, 07:49:35 AM »

Two
Like they mamguying we here....
TTFA Media.

TTFA pres­i­dent David John-Williams was al­so de­light­ed with the new arrange­ment, say­ing, “Some­times things work out in such a way that it turns out bet­ter in the long run. We knew these match­es for the Un­der-17 Women’s team were nec­es­sary be­cause we want­ed to en­sure, that just like the boys, they were al­lowed to get some in­ter­na­tion­al match prac­tice. And when we re­ceived word from both Cu­ra­cao and Pana­ma that nei­ther could make it, we had to pur­sue an­oth­er av­enue.

“We fol­lowed through with the dis­cus­sions and we are pleased to say that our women U-17 team will be off to Pana­ma next week for three match­es to help with their prepa­ra­tions.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2019, 09:32:09 AM »

Two
Like they mamguying we here....
TTFA Media.

Mamaguy is always possible. Yuh know de species that dealing already. Perhaps three were discussed and two are practical.

Hopefully other than sitting around in the hotel, the players  get to do something of cultural merit (perhaps going to the Panama Canal, getting a vibe of life on the ground elsewhere and/or some voluntarism in a social context connected to football. I would suggest that rather than a third match, particularly if we apply ourselves completely to the two outings.

The U15s called down ah rematch with Venezuela after the disappointing result. Maybe there may be a similar thought process here on either side, but I doubt it.

As far as the games ...

Although both coaches are new to their respective teams, I would say Panama's coach will have the edge on balance in terms of experience and familiarity with players. She's someone, if the opportunity presented itself, who would be a worthwhile person to shadow.

Speaking of worthwhile conversations: PAN has multiple teams in action simultaneously. Maybe someone from the TTFA should drill down into how they are able to sustain all those activities viably. Make hay before sunset.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:44:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2019, 10:22:19 AM »
Speaking of worthwhile conversations: PAN has multiple teams in action simultaneously. Maybe someone from the TTFA should drill down into how they are able to sustain all those activities viably. Make hay before sunset.
Let's hope so because that will be the smart thing to do.
I'm happy for the 2 games, better than zero and the cultural component that Annika Daniel eloquently spoke about (very impressed with her responses) will give them an experience they can cherish both personally and educationally.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 25, 2019, 01:48:54 PM »
Any score from the game?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 25, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »
Any score from the game?

2-1 Panama at the end of the first half.

T&T were leading 1-0 and conceded two in a row.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 25, 2019, 04:24:16 PM »

should be, but it won't...its not in our cultural psyche to respond to such statements in a way to make sure and prove our opponents wrong.  Not in football not any sport
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 04:27:39 PM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 25, 2019, 05:41:03 PM »
Final score: 3-1.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2019, 03:45:58 AM »

Smiling much less pre-match than their Panamanian peers.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 07:46:55 PM by Tallman »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 26, 2019, 07:16:49 AM »
Does anybody have the names and background, please ?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2019, 02:49:00 PM »
T&T U-17 Women go down 3-1 in first friendly with Panama.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 17 Women’s Team had a bright start to their first of two friendly matches against Panama but conceded three unanswered goals in a 3-1 defeat at the Luis Ernesto Cascarita Tapia Stadium on Thursday evening.

Both teams used the encounter as preparations for upcoming CONCACAF Championship campaign and it was the visitors who took an early 1-0 lead through Jessica Harragin in the 9th minute. T&T held their own for much of the first half but conceded in the 14th and 20th minutes as Shayaris Camarena and Yarelis Palacio got on the scoresheet to leave T&T trailing 2-1 at half time. Panama then got a third goal from the penalty spot eight minutes from full time from Regina Espino.

T&T head coach Stephan Defour said in his post-match interview that the exercise was no doubt useful for his team.

“It was not a bad showing by the girls considering it was the team’s first international match and first match outside of home. We really started preparing for this game less than two weeks ago,” Defour told TTFA Media.

“I thought the girls handled themselves well. We had a good start which saw us going ahead through a goal by Jessica Harragin but that was shortlived against a well-prepared Panama team. They were back in it right away. But I was pleased with certain aspects of our play and there are something we can build on and improve on going into the second game on Sunday. Overall it was a good exercise for us,” Defour said.

Both teams will meet at the same venue on Sunday.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2019, 03:57:33 PM »
Keep fighting Ladies. Blessings to all of You. Ah next ting. What kind of uniform deal did the TTFA signed. Whay aren't the Ladies wearing capelli?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 28, 2019, 06:21:35 PM »
They lost 4-1 today.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2019, 10:19:55 AM »
Hold your heads up ladies, I'm sure there are positives you can take away and build on from this experience.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2019, 10:26:33 AM »

T&T taking licks on all levels. from men to women , from senior to u-17

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2019, 10:39:10 AM »
Hold your heads up ladies, I'm sure there are positives you can take away and build on from this experience.

All expenses paid trip to Panama?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #292 on: July 30, 2019, 04:43:38 AM »
Panama complete series win over T&T U-17s.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

PANAMA Under-17 women football team completed a two-game series win over T&T, with a 4-1 victory at the Luis Ernesto Cascarita Tapia Stadium on Sunday.

Panama defeated T&T 3-1 in their opening game on Thursday.

Jessica Harragin scored in the 50th minute, her second goal in consecutive matches for T&T. Aaliyah Hill opened the scoring for the hosts in the fifth minute, while Yamileth Palacio netted in the 36th and Ana Quintero got a double in the 47th and 53rd minutes.

“We lost the match 4-1," said T&T coach Stephan De Four. "It was a good battle again. I gave everyone a chance to play so they could experience what it is to play at this level. We have a lot of work to do with this group but it’s good that they got the opportunity to get some minutes. They know what it needed now and we’ll continue the work when we get home.”

Defour will return to the training pitch tomorrow as he conducts a screening session for selection on the Women’s Olympic team ahead of forthcoming Concacaf Caribbean Olympic qualifiers.

The session will take place from 4.30 pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, with all senior and Under-20 players invited to attend.

“We will start the process immediately with an open door policy to all players eligible of representing the country," De Four said. "We also have a couple of combines in North America coming up over the next couple of weeks.”

In related news, Concacaf held the draw for the Olympic Women Caribbean leg of qualifying yesterday. T&T were drawn in Group A alongside Guyana, Dominican Republic, Aruba, St Kitts/Nevis and Antigua/Barbuda. Concacaf will release the schedule in due course.

RELATED NEWS

Defour continues preparations of Women teams for upcoming competitions.
TTFA Media.

As Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 17 women team footballers completed their two-match training tour of Panama on Sunday, head coach Stephan Defour will return to the training pitch immediately as he conducts a screening session for selection on the Women’s Olympic team ahead of upcoming Concacaf Caribbean Olympic qualifiers.

T&T’ U-17 Women lost 4-1 to Panama at the Luis Ernesto Cascarita Tapia Stadium. Jessica Harragin scored in the 50th minute, her second goal in consecutive matches for T&T. Aaliyah Hill opened the scoring in the 5th minute, Yamileth Palacio in the 36th and Ana Quintero got a double in the 47th and 53rd minutes.

“We lost the match 4-1. It was a good battle again. I gave everyone a chance to play so they could experience what it is to play at this level. We have a lot of work to do with this group but it’s good that they got the opportunity to get some minutes. They know what it needed now and we’ll continue the work when we get home,” Defour told TTFA Media.

Concacaf held the draw for the Olympic Women Caribbean leg of qualifying on Monday. T&T were drawn in Group A alongside Guyana, Dominican Republic, Aruba, St Kitts/Nevis and Antigua/Barbuda. Concacaf will release the schedule in due course.

De Four will oversee a screening session from 4:30pm on Wednesday at Ato Boldon Stadium. All Senior and Under 20 players eligible of representing Trinidad and Tobago are invited to attend.

“We will start the process immediately with an open door policy to all players eligible of representing the country. WE also have a couple of combines in North America coming up over the next couple of weeks.”

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 04:45:39 AM by Flex »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 30, 2019, 09:56:16 AM »

All expenses paid trip to Panama?
Not sure. I got the impression that Panama covered the costs. We can get the details in the next meeting....oh wait that meeting will be discuss Keith's behavior so maybe the one after that next year ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2019, 05:45:48 AM »
Congratulations to Jessica Harragin on scoring two goals at international level. May that long continue.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 04, 2019, 11:10:20 AM »
I'm waiting to see how they go about developing this team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hood is new T&T Women’s U-17 coach
« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2019, 10:26:14 AM »
Hood is new T&T Women’s U-17 coach
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

T&T Se­nior Women’s foot­ball coach Stephan de Four on Tues­day be­came the lat­est ca­su­al­ty of the new William Wal­lace-led T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion.

De Four was re­moved as na­tion­al coach four days af­ter se­nior men’s coach Den­nis Lawrence was al­so fired by Wal­lace’s board.

A let­ter ad­dressed to De Four from the re­cent­ly-in­stalled TTFA pres­i­dent said: “The T&TFA met on Sat­ur­day and a ma­jor part of the dis­cus­sions cen­tred around your cur­rent po­si­tion as head coach of the Women’s pro­gramme. Based on the fi­nan­cial sit­u­a­tion that the FA is faced with at this time, we have no choice but to quick­ly re-or­gan­ise in many ar­eas. One such area is the tech­ni­cal staff at­tached to all teams.

“It is with a bit of a heavy heart that I have to in­form you that we can no longer re­tain you as head coach and sin­cere­ly thank you for your ser­vices ren­dered so far. Let me al­so take this op­por­tu­ni­ty to wish you and your fam­i­ly a hap­py hol­i­day and to al­so wish you all the best in your fu­ture en­deav­ours. We will arrange to dis­cuss mat­ters per­tain­ing to the ex­ist­ing con­tract and out­stand­ing pay­ments.”

Guardian Me­dia Sports learnt that the de­ci­sion to sack De Four was not made by the board dur­ing their meet­ing at which it was agreed Lawrence would be sacked among sev­er­al oth­er key de­ci­sions.

Word with­in the foot­ball fra­ter­ni­ty on Tues­day al­ready sug­gests that Tex­an Randy Wal­drum, a for­mer coach of the team dur­ing the Ray­mond Tim Kee era, is set to re­turn to the helm of the women’s pro­gramme with for­mer play­er Maylee At­tin-John­son as man­ag­er.

How­ev­er, TTFA Tech­ni­cal Com­mit­tee chair­man Kei­th Look Loy, in an im­me­di­ate re­sponse on Tues­day de­fend­ed their lat­est de­ci­sion, say­ing, “The board of the TTFA dis­cussed the is­sue of the uni­lat­er­al ap­point­ment by David John-Williams of a num­ber of tech­ni­cal per­son­nel, in­clud­ing Stephan De Four and a num­ber of oth­er peo­ple in the women’s pro­gramme. The po­si­tion is that none of these ap­point­ments and con­tracts were dis­cussed by the then board of the TTFA, nei­ther was any of these per­sons or con­tracts ap­proved by the then board. The on­ly ap­point­ment that Stephan De Four had that was ap­proved by the board, was a pro bono ap­point­ment to work with the women’s un­der-17 team in Flori­da. It was lim­it­ed to the un­der-17 team and it was pro bono.”

He added, “Now we get in­to of­fice and find mul­ti­ple con­tracts signed by John-Williams that have nev­er been dis­cussed and nev­er been signed by any board, and cer­tain­ly not this new one. So the board has tak­en the po­si­tion that it does not recog­nise these con­tracts, and we are go­ing to let the le­gal peo­ple look in­to it if we have to.”

Look Loy was, of course, al­lud­ing to al­le­ga­tions that John-Williams signed off on new con­tracts for sev­er­al of­fi­cials on the eve of the TTFA’s No­vem­ber 24 AGM, where he lost his pres­i­den­cy to Wal­lace.

On Tues­day, Look Loy as­sured that they were now vig­or­ous­ly re­view­ing these con­tracts.

“Now, what we are do­ing is that we are look­ing at each of the per­sons who John-Williams is­sued uni­lat­er­al con­tracts to and we are go­ing on case-by-case bases if we want to keep them. These con­tracts ex­tend from coach­es and man­agers, all the way down to equip­ment peo­ple. And I can tell you that Richard Piper, the se­nior men’s team man­ag­er, was of­fered a con­tract the night be­fore the elec­tions and he re­fused to sign it.”

On ru­mours that for­mer women’s coach Randy Wal­drum could re­turn to the fold, Look Loy said, “Randy Wal­drum has not been ap­point­ed to any­thing. We have been hav­ing dis­cus­sions with Randy Wal­drum about the pos­si­bil­i­ty of rein­te­grat­ing him in­to the women’s pro­gramme, noth­ing has been con­clud­ed.

“We have ap­point­ed a staff to take the un­der-17 women in­to their tour­na­ment, the CON­CA­CAF World Cup Qual­i­fy­ing tour­na­ment, which is to be held from the 2oth of March to the 5th of April. The staff is head­ed by Richard Hood, Po­lice Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor. The as­sis­tant coach is Chris Bai­ley and the goal­keep­er coach is Glen­non Fon­cette. These are guys who worked with Evan Pellerud when we host­ed the 2010 U-17 Women’s World Cup, they know what a World Cup is, they know what u-17 Women’s high-lev­el com­pe­ti­tion is.”

Hood and com­pa­ny will al­so take charge of the coun­try’s Un­der-20 team which will be go­ing in­to CON­CA­CAF qual­i­fy­ing ac­tion in Feb­ru­ary in an over­all com­bi­na­tion ef­fort of the two teams.

Mean­while, con­tact­ed on Tues­day, De Four, who was hired in June of this year, said his lawyers are cur­rent­ly look­ing at his mat­ter and he will on­ly re­spond when he gets the go-ahead to do so. How­ev­er, he did say he found the TTFA blam­ing the mat­ter on fi­nances to be ridicu­lous.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2019, 02:52:01 PM »
Waldrum is currently the head coach of the Uni of Pittsburgh women's program, it will be tough for him to leave that unless he has the option to do both with the assistance of his son like last time. Just checked and his son is the associate head coach at Pitt. so TTFA have to come good.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hood begins U-17 Women screening process
« Reply #298 on: December 20, 2019, 02:54:45 PM »
Hood begins U-17 Women screening process
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is pleased to officially announce Richard Hood as the new Women’s national Under 17 team head coach.

Hood’s appointment was approved at the recent TTFA Board meeting. He comes with a strong pedigree in the women’s game having served as an assistant to Even Pellerud for the 2010 FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup campaign as well as head coach of the T&T senior women’s team that reached the semifinals of Concacaf Olympic qualifying in 2016 along with other women national team stints.

Hood commenced the process of screening for players from which a squad will be chosen to prepare for the March 2020 CONCACAF Under-17 Women’s Tournament.

He conducted a well attended first screening session on Thursday at St Mary’s College Ground, Serpentine Road, Port of Spain.

Another open session will be hosted on Saturday December 21 from 9-11 am at the same venue.

On Sunday December 22, Hood and his technical team will travel to Tobago where they will conduct screening at Calder Hart Ground from 9-11 am.

Players who are born in 2003 or after are invited to attend.

Team manager Maylee Attin-Johnson has requested that all players who wish to participate should bring two jerseys (one red and one white) and a black pants.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 20, 2019, 03:33:31 PM »
The squad should not be limited to screening. Enough football was played during the SSFL competition that some players should be invited into the squad based on their renditions during actual competition - especially if there are players who are unable to get to screenings or lack the confidence in believing that they are NT quality or the support to attend screenings.

1]; } ?>