April 24, 2024, 01:23:05 AM

Author Topic: Well, that is it fellas  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well, that is it fellas
« on: March 30, 2005, 04:38:24 PM »
0-0 with CR.

We pretty much out of it now. I know is 7 games still, but effectively we are out now.

As a BSC supporter, I wil admit that he should be replaced, BUT IF ONLY WE MAKING A PROGRESSIVE STEP BY GETTING SOMEONE WHO COULD FIT THE MOULD, ie Fenwick, or Ricky Hill,Gally, Simoes, even Steve Sampson, etc etc.
But them names called is more of hope than realistic.
If we not getting somebody like that, leave BSC in place. No anonymous coaches please.

7 games left, still mathematically possible, but improbable. We needed to be minimum 3 pts after 3 games, we only have 1 and play to home already.
Ball is in the TTFF court now (have mercy), and we have 2 months before the next game.

From the reports, the team play real nice, but that aint good enough, as far as i concerned, we play total tata and lucky to get a draw. These games now, pts count, not how you look.
As I say already, any team could forget about scoring and jus play to look nice, so no props there for T&T.
Our forwards woefully out of form, thank God we have a 2 month break!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Well, that is it fellas
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 04:43:08 PM »
You mad we eh out yet... everybody expect we to fight up with guat and panama... but it look like is costa rica stuttering a lil bit. victory against panama and we in the thick of it.

It eh over yet.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 04:45:16 PM »
we could still qualify
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 04:50:29 PM »
one game at a time. this is something to build on and we could get a good result against panama

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is WCQ
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 04:56:21 PM »
you dont have time to build on games, thats what friendlies are for and 3 years of prep.

EVERY SINGLE GAME COUNTS NOW IN THIS ROUND.

We already play one third the games and have 1 pt.

We still aint go to the US and  Azteca where we cutass usually in a nice big red box waiting for us.

And we aint talk about CR in CR yet, another place at altitude where we have never won.

Result for result, this ws a good performance and result, i mean CR is usally a very hard team for us, and considering we got a draw with them in 89 at the heights of the strike squad , yes. Heck, they perenially put 5 on us anytime we meet at any youth level, so taking that into consideration, they (CR) must be feeling like 2 pts dropped, while is a solid result for us. Remember they walked over us in POS in 2001 too.

But we are in a deep hole already.

I sincerely hope u are right and we could turn it around, but I just going on T&T past track record.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 04:56:50 PM »
If it's anything, the game  showed that we do have the necessary tools to play with top rank teams. So we did no thave the finish, but we did absolved ourselves from the showing in Guatemala. This game if anything showed us that we need to compete. Who is to say that  some men went into the

Guatemala thinking an easy three pts. Could the Costa Ricans have been thinking the same as they came to play us?

Our players and the adjustments to the team may benefit from an outsider's perpsective or a person like Latapy who could be  offered an assistant coaching position much like Nakhid.

Or bring a fresh set of thinking to move our game forward; to assist Stern John and to help us in the attack and back .

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 05:00:20 PM »
i agree, it is ah uphill battle. We could look back and say better prep., better coaching etc woulda have us in a better position, but we have to focus on the scenario now and make the best of it going fwd.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 05:06:41 PM »
i agree, it is ah uphill battle. We could look back and say better prep., better coaching etc woulda have us in a better position, but we have to focus on the scenario now and make the best of it going fwd.

good post dey strip

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Look at it in this way
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 05:13:39 PM »
Agreed - we put in a much better performance than expected perhaps, but:

1) Didnt we do that vs the US and then self detruct? We still have to prove we can play well consistently

2) Playing at home, after a licking, maybe last game for your coach....This would inspire anyone to play superhuman, knowiing its your last dice roll more or less. So this was our best. CR came and still got a point, even created some chances. Suppose we cant cope with their best at their home when that time comes. I mean the US coped with our best at home too. So if all these teams can come to Trinidad and cope with our best and still take 3 and 1 pt, imagine when we face them at their home, at their best.?????? (we saw a glimpse of that on Sat)  :(

Playing and proving u can compete is all good, but thats not what it is about at this stage, its about getting 3 pts minimum at home to have realistic chances. Whether we score one goal and play shit for 90 mins, I taking that over playing good and only getting 1 pt.

I really hope we can turn it around, but it will take IMMENSE LUCK, GOOD RESULTS BETWEEN THE OTHER TEAMS and somebody to just stand up and carry this team on the field.

Although we play so good today, listening to the commentary, everytime we came to the decisive moment, we do shit, it was almost just expecting Selwin Melville to anticlimax his voice anytime something exciting start, thats how i was feeling, waiting to hear the ball get deflected, bad pass, etc etc. We didnt even play to make their keeper make a string of brilliant saves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imagine that, and we all celebrating a performance!
I coulda understand if we rock up they bar, or they keeper put down a Shaka Hislop vs Honduras kinda display, be we didnt even do that.......
Lemme stop, I getting too negative.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 05:57:29 PM »
Trini, yuh thought qualifying was going to go smoothe...yuh sure yuh from T&T.

Qualifying is something beyond our normal ability and it will take something extraordinary to qualify.

Like beating Mexico 4-0....who would have thought in a WCQ.

So if we are to qualify that is the kind of thing that has to happen and it is not what is expected or predicted.

As long as those boys fighting I backing them.  And don't mix up good football with pretty football.  When we get 5 it was complete shit football so yuh better take it when yuh can.  Losing badly in front of the world is ten times worse than putting up a creditable fight...believe that.
Is points that will take us through but only it would be foolish for Guat, Pan or CR to overlook us because we can cause them real trouble.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 07:13:07 PM by dcs »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Look at it in this way
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »
Agreed - we put in a much better performance than expected perhaps, but:

1) Didnt we do that vs the US and then self detruct? We still have to prove we can play well consistently

2) Playing at home, after a licking, maybe last game for your coach....This would inspire anyone to play superhuman, knowiing its your last dice roll more or less. So this was our best. CR came and still got a point, even created some chances. Suppose we cant cope with their best at their home when that time comes. I mean the US coped with our best at home too. So if all these teams can come to Trinidad and cope with our best and still take 3 and 1 pt, imagine when we face them at their home, at their best.?????? (we saw a glimpse of that on Sat)  :(

Playing and proving u can compete is all good, but thats not what it is about at this stage, its about getting 3 pts minimum at home to have realistic chances. Whether we score one goal and play shit for 90 mins, I taking that over playing good and only getting 1 pt.

I really hope we can turn it around, but it will take IMMENSE LUCK, GOOD RESULTS BETWEEN THE OTHER TEAMS and somebody to just stand up and carry this team on the field.

Although we play so good today, listening to the commentary, everytime we came to the decisive moment, we do shit, it was almost just expecting Selwin Melville to anticlimax his voice anytime something exciting start, thats how i was feeling, waiting to hear the ball get deflected, bad pass, etc etc. We didnt even play to make their keeper make a string of brilliant saves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imagine that, and we all celebrating a performance!
I coulda understand if we rock up they bar, or they keeper put down a Shaka Hislop vs Honduras kinda display, be we didnt even do that.......
Lemme stop, I getting too negative.

Trini watch and see what a real coach will do with this team. Unlike you I am now confident that we will qualify. You blowhards could not see a cruise missile aimed at you two feet away. The stupidity of all of you BSC apologists has not run its course as yet. Maybe now after we qualify you all will understand that you cannot put a shoemaker to coach a national team. Now sit back and watch the ride.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 06:38:09 PM »
I do not think you could ever play your best after coming from a 5-1 dose. That cutarse would always be on your mind.

everbody was watching Panama and Guatemala... but watch Costa Rica! They lorse home to Mexico and scrape past Panama.... now they come and draw with de doormats who fresh from a hiding. I think we will finish above Panama. Guatemala looking like they running. Watch Costa Rica to slowly breakdown... hopefully we can start to pick up de points..
Our last 2 games?  Panama and home to Mexico... 6pts? It can be done... 6 points in your last 2 games is a plenty

Lets go TNT!!

jusme

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 08:29:47 PM »
realistically speaking the US and mexico going to beat everybody else for the most part.  yes we did lose a home game to the US and that looks bad now, but I think that the US will beat Guatemala and Panama on their home grounds too and maybe even Costa Rica.  we all know from the start that we and the other 3 were going for 3rd with 4th being a consolation prize. 

Costa Rica was supposed to be the favourite to finish 3rd.  Now Costa Rica seems to be shaky.

if we beat guatemala when we play them again, beat panama twice, and beat costa rica (they are falling apart) we will very much be in the mix and probably in 3rd when all is said and done.  you could think of it as though we in a 4 team subgroup and only the top team going to the WC. 

one game at a time, we going to make it.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 08:34:24 PM »
Well  right now U.SA. leading Guatemal 1`-0 75 minutes gone. Panama and Mexico 0-0- HT.
Good. Let's concede a top finish to U.S. and Mex. Now the fight is between us and these Panama, Guatelama  and CR.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 08:51:27 PM »
de team play with real heart, dedication and diligence today, and from Patriot report on the main thread it definitely look like we on the upswing. All this in spite of gettin ah dose 4 days ago, knowing that yuh coach gettin "reallocated tonight", seeing only 7000 ppl in the stadium, having a notorious slacker as yuh captain and knowing that everybody expect yuh to get beat like ah bobolee. If them boy could hold it together like today, we could seriously compete for ah qualifying place.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 09:05:41 PM »
hey,at least we didnt give up a goal. defense goes from 5 to 0,thats always good news. 1 pt...is it enough? i dont know what to think.itll be enough to  keep us interested till gm 4.
Hart for president

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 09:33:51 PM »
1pt better than none, but is it enough???? It makles it more difficult for us down the road, but it is definitely possible. Remeber teams including us have injuries and cards to deal with, you never know what can happen. A man suggest Steve Sampson to be coach???? When last you look at his record.. I rather BSC than Sampson... But I take a Simoes any day... Maybe he taalking about Robson???

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005, 09:40:27 PM »
We are very much still in the hunt. Looking at the fixtures we would have gladly acceted 4 points at this stage, so right now we are 3 points off what would have been an excellent position, the campaign is by no means dead.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2005, 09:44:23 PM »
the key now is to get the 9 points off Guatemala and Panama.  Then we will be looking good for 4th.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Correct - We need to win them 3 game to make a charge
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 10:11:12 PM »

1]; } ?>