April 23, 2024, 12:46:34 PM

Author Topic: Latapy mum on 29-man squad  (Read 9623 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy mum on 29-man squad
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 02:28:53 PM »
When is it an embarrassment to get call up for national duty and ent get pic? It will just make me want to work harder...my 2 cents.

Agreed !

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 07:32:38 PM »
Steups and 'Coast on the ball with their comments. Jai john ... sorry, you're misguided in this set of comments.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2010, 05:19:35 PM »
I was intrigued by this move by Latas
Permit me to think out loud
I wonder if Latas is trying to keep everyone on an even keel and is giving a subtle message to everyone that
1) Those who are in the initial 29 are not "Star Boys" and have to maintain their work rate and therefore dont become complacent
2) that those who are not in the initial 29 can still make the team if they keep up their hard work
If is so, then I cool with it
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:39:33 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 05:03:06 PM »
Latapy chooses Marvin Faustin as his assistant
Live large and prosper!

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 05:07:21 PM »
Yuh QUICK on the draw Doc! :beermug: I was just about to post this  :)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 05:09:21 PM »
Interesting. "Marvellous" Marvin Faustin eh.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 05:23:47 PM »
Wow!!! Go Marva!
DFence!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 07:00:08 PM by College »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 05:28:06 PM »
        Allyu serious!!!

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 05:29:11 PM »
Just heard Latapy on CNC 3 saying that he has chosen Marvin as a "TEMPORARY ASSISTANT COACH".

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »
.... until Jackula releases the funds remaining after Sancho, Jack, Stern and de rest finally win the lawsuit and payment is made. No money to pay for assistant coach and Latas knows damn well, dat as coach, he eh takin' dah hot sun by himself all day.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:54:55 PM by dreamer »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 05:50:39 PM »
.... until Jackula releases the funds remaining after Sancho, Jack, Stern and de rest finally win the lawsuit and payment is made. No money to pay for assisitant coach and Latas knows damn well dat as coach he eh takin' dah hot sun by himself all day.
Jack real slick yuh know. after he invest that money and it pay dividents, that's when sancho and dem gettin payed, doh worry, they will get paid they just need tuh hold some strain until jack's investments pay off.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »
        Allyu serious!!!

Agree or disagree wit d choice
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 06:44:24 PM »
I love Marvin as a player and he is a real good soul and a Barataria man to boot!!

but I ent know too much bout him as a coach...

next ting he just a placeholder until Yorke ready  :-\
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »
I love Marvin as a player and he is a real good soul and a Barataria man to boot!!

but I ent know too much bout him as a coach...

Cosignnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 06:50:53 PM »
I know he was on the Strike Squad, but I have not been following him after that. I can't remember him coaching any team as such. I don't know his credentials. Home girls and boys would know more.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 07:05:18 PM »
I continue to monitor from the sidelines.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »
Ole talk with him in Nashville last year and I know he  "follows" the team but Latas throw we for a googly with that one, dont think anybody see that one coming.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2010, 07:45:12 PM »
Just heard Latapy on CNC 3 saying that he has chosen Marvin as a "TEMPORARY ASSISTANT COACH".

He also said that he spoke to Dwight Yorke about resuming Asst Coach duties, and Yorke is "interested" and "talks are continuing"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »
Weren't they team mates on the strke squad , and @ sando tech as well? i remember faustin being ah very good defender, so just maybe he could organize that discombobulated defence.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2010, 07:55:59 PM »
Weren't they team mates on the strke squad , and @ sando tech as well? i remember faustin being ah very good defender, so just maybe he could organize that discombobulated defence.
Yes! He said that he and Faustin go back a long way...

IMHO, Marv was probably one of the best left-backs we ever produced in my lifetime (even though he wasn't left-footed:) but I too question his COACHING credentials - ESPECIALLY as it's AHEAD of MORE experienced local coaches (and former Strike Squad members) like Brian Williams, Clayton Morris and Leonson Lewis.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2010, 08:11:07 PM »

IMHO, Marv was probably one of the best left-backs we ever produced in my lifetime (even though he wasn't left-footed:) but I too question his COACHING credentials - ESPECIALLY as it's AHEAD of MORE experienced local coaches (and former Strike Squad members) like Brian Williams, Clayton Morris and Leonson Lewis.

COSIGNNNNNN

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »

Soooo we looking for coaching staff or a Strike Squad reunion??.... ???  Look let me go back on the sidelines eh.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »

Just maybe the fella have all his badges and certificates that maybe we doh know bout, lets see how it pans out.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »
From Express.

From Guardian
Latapy adds Faustin as assistant
Nigel Simon
Published: 18 Mar 2010

National football coach Russell Latapy has good support on both sides as technical director, Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips, left, and Michael Maurice, both former national standout goalkeepers, share yesterday’s training session with him at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. PHOTOS: ANTHONY HARRIS
Nigel Simon

Soca Warriors coach, Russell Latapy has added former national team-mate Marvin “Marvellous” Faustin as a temporary assistant coach to his senior team technical staff. This was announced by Latapy, prior to the start of another national team screening session with locally based players at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, yesterday. The 42-year-old Faustin was a former team-mate of Latapy with the 1989 “Strike Squad” and old local powerhouse Trintoc. Both Latapy and Faustin, who last played professionally in 2000 with Clico San Juan Jabloteh, winning a First Citizens Cup winners medal, also lined-up for the once Secondary Schools Football League giants, San Fernando Technical Institute...http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2010/03/18/latapy-adds-faustin-assistant
http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2010/03/18/latapy-adds-faustin-assistant
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:25:36 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2010, 11:21:13 PM »
The Somalian Long Distance Running Team ? >:(

Soca Warriors coach Russell Latapy, right, gives instructions to Keon Daniel, centre, and Jason Marcano during a national team screening session at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, yesterday.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »
With Marvin getting a lil call up. i must admit fellas I am beginning to feel confident i will be next lol. Russel Marvin Dwight mehself and Lara spend nough time back in the day liming and doing we ting. So since Lara wants no part of football and Lats in talk with Dwight and Marvin geh pull in. Then I can only draw the next logical conclusion that I am next  :rotfl:
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »
The omly man who could clear up how this went down is Sam oui .

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2010, 01:24:01 AM »
This is from the Express eh... What allyuh think about this title/article ?
 A 'Marvellous' return
Latapy calls Marvin Faustin as assistant coach
Thursday, March 18th 2010

The Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce is calling for the remaining members of the UDeCOTT board to come forward and explain the corporation’s position with respect to tenders, conflicts of interests and its use of public funds.

In a statement yesterday the Chamber said: ’We are encouraged by the appointment of a person of the calibre of Ms Jearlean John as chairman of the board of UDeCOTT.’

Though John’s appointment was commendable, the Chamber said simply replacing former executive chairman Calder Hart was not enough.

’The country has a right to know,’ why the UDeCOTT board thinks that it has acted in accordance with best practice governance principles, in light of the Attorney General’s disclosure that a criminal probe was quietly launched last September, the ruling by Justice Mira Dean-Armorer against UDeCOTT in its case claiming bias of the Uff Commission and the DPP’s submission to the acting Commissioner of Police of documentation linking Hart and two directors of CH Development which was awarded contracts by UDeCOTT, the Chamber said.

The business group said it was not ’good enough’ for the remaining board members to state ’there is no conclusive proof of impropriety at UDeCOTT’ particularly after the sudden resignation of Hart.

Dynamic duo reunite: Trinidad & Tobago head coach Russell Latapy, right, and his new assistant coach Marvellous Marvin Faustin take charge of national team training at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday.

In the interest of transparency and accountability, the Chamber said the rest of the UDeCOTT board must give an account of its stewardship in the context of proper governance and the responsibility for public funds in order to dispel doubts and regain public confidence.
 Comments: A 'Marvellous' return

There are no comments for this article.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:39:53 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2010, 03:57:37 AM »
With Marvin getting a lil call up. i must admit fellas I am beginning to feel confident i will be next lol. Russel Marvin Dwight mehself and Lara spend nough time back in the day liming and doing we ting. So since Lara wants no part of football and Lats in talk with Dwight and Marvin geh pull in. Then I can only draw the next logical conclusion that I am next  :rotfl:
No disrespect to you my fellow forumite, but who be you? on ah first and last name basis, meh bredder.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »
        Allyu serious!!!

Agree or disagree wit d choice
       I have always tried to give views/opinions on various topics on here but i must say i don't know what to say about this one,it's a real shocker to me,not that Marvin isn't a good Coach but we can't select a Coach/assist Coach because of friendship,peeps know him from Barataria etc etc remember if something goes wrong with Latas that's the person to take all responsibilities,i think we can do better than that,what about Stuart Charles?
       These two guys go way back because i coached them as players on the national U16 team,the little i know of Marvin coaching is that he has a Coaching School some where in the East,we have two guys at the helm of our Football who are yet to prove themselves as Coaches,wheather it will work yes or no is left to be seem.

1]; } ?>