April 23, 2024, 12:13:43 AM

Author Topic: U-15 women footballers in training  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-15 women footballers in training
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:25:23 AM »
U-15 women footballers in training
T&T Newsday

The Trinidad and Tobago Under-15 women football team is currently in training for the inaugural Summer Youth Olympics, which is scheduled to take place in Singapore from August 14 to 26. Coach of the team is Marlon Charles.

He pointed out, in a recent interview that the move is in the interest of development. “It’s a lot of work to be done in every area,” added the veteran coach.

“For now it’s all about development and trying to get them an understanding of what the game is all about basically.” Charles stated that the window is still open for players seeking to make the squad. “I’m still looking for players, who were born in 1995, either goalkeepers or outside players,” he said.

“I’m leaving the door open because it’s an opportunity for these kids at this age to represent their country. “And if there are kids out there, somewhere in Trinidad and Tobago, that plays, has the ability to play and are at the age, I’ll welcome that.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-15 women footballers in training
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:56:36 AM »
under 15 "women"?

dem is still lil chirren man.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »
Is which team Charles eh coaching? These fellas eh doing nothing, look ta the U-17s they say they develop.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 09:55:12 AM »
Elan how can you say they are not developing?
What does the recent 4 nation results have to do with anything ?
Actually the team did quite well IMHO
Look at the U20's who were beaten 9-1 2 years ago by the USA and this time they lost 4 nil.
The USA had its core back from the U17's (so a marked improvemnt).

The U15's have begun to train to be the feeder to the U17 , 17 feed the 20 & 20 feed the senior.

There have been a few U20's who have been invited to the Senior camp going on right now in preperation for Gold Cup qualifying in Peurto Rico laster this month & I expect at least one to crack the starting sqaud for the seniors. That is development folks.

It takes time to properly develop as you know and it starts in the grass roots.

Don't be surprised that we hear they will begin to take a U13 team and start to develop them as well.

Have a nice day all....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 09:57:43 AM »
Look at the U20's who were beaten 9-1 2 years ago by the USA and this time they lost 4 nil.

The U15's have begun to train to be the feeder to the U17 , 17 feed the 20 & 20 feed the senior.

There have been a few U20's who have been invited to the Senior camp going on right now in preperation for Gold Cup qualifying in Peurto Rico laster this month & I expect at least one to crack the starting sqaud for the seniors. That is development folks.

Don't be surprised that we hear they will begin to take a U13 team and start to develop them as well.

Have a nice day all....

Me eh talking about no result. I talking about technical ability and tactical awareness.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »

Have a nice day all....

If you beleive that losing by a less margin or a U-20 making the senior is development then Kudos to you.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 10:46:11 AM »
Elan am not a mind reader and that is not what you said my friend.

No disrespect however as I respect that you are a long time forumite with plenty of experience and contributions to this forum.

Why the negativity towards the team mgmt of the different age groups in the womens program?
Do you not like the women's game ?
You and others have been quite negative towards Charles and Shabazz in the past years(s)
Just wondering why?
If you all feel that you are better qualified than the afforementioned then why don't you get a hold of Lincoln Phillips and or better yet Evan pellerud and set up a meeting to offer your knolwedge , expertise and valuable time to help move the program in the direction you feel it needs moving.

Cheers   19

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »

No disrespect however as I respect that you are a long time forumite with plenty of experience and contributions to this forum.

Why the negativity towards the team mgmt of the different age groups in the womens program?
You and others have been quite negative towards Charles and Shabazz in the past years(s)
Just wondering why?
If you all feel that you are better qualified than the afforementioned then why don't you get a hold of Lincoln Phillips and or better yet Evan pellerud and set up a meeting to offer your knolwedge , expertise and valuable time to help move the program in the direction you feel it needs moving.

Cheers   19

I have been around Charles and Shabazz, and for the length of time they have total control of the women's program they eh do nothing. Nothing at all. Nada, zero, naught. Jamal coaching since Izler and them playing and they NEVER do nothing. It's not about me or any other wanting to take over. So we must not crticize just follow blindly along.

All the best female players T&T ever had Jamal never developed them. Just how he got them they remained that level until they went to college or stop playing.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
Now is that why Pellerud was brought in ?
He will provide the structure and provide discipline to all the programs on the women's side.
I don't think it would've been politically correct for Pellerud to axe his long time coaches within the program especially when he is spending all of his time with the U17 WC team. You get rest assured that he will indentify the coaching waeknesses within the program and once he has the time changes will be made if he feels they need to be.

Cheers   

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 12:57:37 PM »

Just wondering why?

Cheers   19
LP et al don't want any input or help from anyone else who have experience and expertise...bottom line!!!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 11:23:25 PM »
Why not is LP afraid that somebody will take away his coushy job ;D
I know for a fact the Pellerud is very approachable and open to new ideas and suggestions.
As you know he has a large task at hand and is totally emmersed in the U17's quest to perform well this fall at the WC hosting in our backyard. However I also know that if he received a report / plan that would be beneficial to the wellness of the TTFF women's program he would entertain the ideas and want to meet its creators  to discuss their ideas. Lets stop the biatching and cornplaining and put our monies where our mouths are. Anybody prepared send me a PM and I can arrange to get in touch.

Cheers   19

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »
This individual talk like a real rook deh. If he only know what we know. Case in point: When a coach of our national team needed Pellers presence to point out that we need to focus more on intensity of training and games after he had been a part of many events with the women's national teams to know that it is clear that we joking. I guess Trini only have two female coaches thus the reason we keep going back into the same well. Elan u know what you are talking about. i am not going to touch it to help build your case though. I am tired dealing with this. Don't want to sound like a broken record
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »
So what have you done about it gent's , this rookie wants to know ??
Have you had recent meetings with Phillips , Charles , Shabazz  ??  Others ?? (am talking in the last six months no more than a year)
Maybe your talking with the wrong people folks ? What abour Groeden or Hunt ?
What about Mr Warner ??
You all seem to have all the answers so why is that there is new mgmt in town and you dont want to open the door and talk with them. Me I am knocking on every door until somebody listens. But thats just me. I dont believe in three strikes when I know I am right I go the whole nine innings.
Hey show a rookie the ropes wont ya ::)

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 12:11:34 AM by Soccer 19 »

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »
So you want to know what men have done lets see Try reaching out and talking to everyone involved in trini football for the past 10 years. I wouldn't bother share emails I have in my possession right now. Obviously there are a lot of things you are not aware of. So all men asking is until you know it might just be an good idea to let meh speak their mind. As for me on  personal level. I gave up a long time ago. After you done reading this post. Walk outside and try talking to the wind and let me know how much response you get.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 10:57:03 AM »
Funny, I had the opportunity to work with and coach with a womens team in Mtl. There were 7 girls on the Provincial team, and 3 in the National program and I learned at lot from them, as I tried to help them maintain their own personal development.
At the U17 Concacaf championships in Mtl, I saw a few strategies/errors, during the 1st game, that I knew would be exploited by the NA teams especially..due to my observation of how the girls I used to coach, operated.  Through a mutual friend(he encouraged me too) I approached Mr. Charles and quietly expressed my concerns and strategies. He listened to every word,I said,  I think out of respect to his friend who had carried me...He then said, for the whole dressing room to hear, "I have done coaching courses in TT, Brazil (and I think he said, Europe), what licence you have ?" ...I quietly replied "Just local", and politely excused myself for speaking out of place, wished the team luck, and have since moved on....Unfortunately, the same errors caused our girls some measure of grief, although they did give a decent showing, in spite of the scores.

my point is, Soccer 19, sometimes it's possible to take strikes and go nine innings, without even a hit sometimes, and you show up next day to play same beat...but if the pitcher good, and accidently pelt at you, and hit yuh real good, yuh mighten get to the 1st strike...and may not ever get to or want to play again

but keep up the work, I truly wish you some measure of success

ps: I have never met Messiuers Pelerud, Shabazz or Phillips, so maybe since, things have changed for the better and people are more open and able to differentiate between sense and nonsense without insulting the messenger.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 11:02:42 AM »
Gentlemen am sorry that you have been brushed off in the past however the past is the past. nnyaman et all am not expecting you all to share the e-mails that you all have in your possesion over the past ten plus years however am expecting those who still care to try and make a difference. nnyman18 you of all people should know the high level politics that are involved in soccer. I am sure you have experienced it with-in your own federeration. Am sure you have personally experienced it first hand pertaining to your business however did you give up ? I trust not otherwise you would not be in the position you are in at this time. You may have waited to pick your spot (time and place) however you dealt with the political issues. Am sure there are many of you out there in the same position that have offered your services in the past and have been given the old proverbial thank-you but no thank-you as my people will call you if we need your services blah blah blah. I know it is frustrating however there is a huge opportunity to help move forward women's footaball program in Trinidad and if you feel in your heart to still give a college try I suggest that you get in touch with Pellerud and ask to be heard or read. What do you have to loose? pellerud is a man of integrity as many of you have had dealings with him in the past and am sure at the very least he will make the time to listen to yourselves. The program needs the experience and its time to show you care despite the past. Said my peace , the ball is yours to run with it.

Happy Friday everyone.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 11:38:12 AM »
So what have you done about it gent's , this rookie wants to know ??
Have you had recent meetings with Phillips , Charles , Shabazz  ??  Others ?? (am talking in the last six months no more than a year)
Maybe your talking with the wrong people folks ? What abour Groeden or Hunt ?
What about Mr Warner ??
You all seem to have all the answers so why is that there is new mgmt in town and you dont want to open the door and talk with them. Me I am knocking on every door until somebody listens. But thats just me. I dont believe in three strikes when I know I am right I go the whole nine innings.
Hey show a rookie the ropes wont ya ::)

Cheers

I don't know what world you live in....so lose the idealism...it may sound easy to just say why have you not approached this person maybe your reality allows for that but this is Trinidad football different reality.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 11:57:18 AM »
Thats right throw the stones back at the rookie ;D
This is not about me my friend as I dont have the history like many of my more expereince forumites do as they have the knowledge and experience. So dont throw it back in my court and btw you don't know that I have not put in my two cent's (for what little it is worth) however this is about those who have been brushed off in the past (key word the past) however new mgmt brings new blood and idea's.
Like I said before pellerud is not upsetting the whole applecart just yet as he is immersed 100% in the U17 quest to do well at the WC however am quite sure if a knock was made to his door he would sit down and discuss some footie.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »
pellers is a good brother. How long you think he will be in trini after the U-17 world cup?  I have recent emails as recent as last month. I just wish the program all the best brother. I truly have moved on. So its no scene with me :) MEP try not to be disrespectful to the youths as well ;D

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »
since when the truth is disrespectful? Ah eh really tryin to dis de man but is TnT we torkin bout and if things were done properly by the TTFF our biggest worry right now would have been where to stay in SA.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 01:52:46 PM »
As they say " the truth will set you free"  ::)
Gent's all I am saying is the past is the past.
New regime (pellerud) , new ideas , new attitude.
Time to help right the ship as it has been listing for a while.

cheers

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »
still the future is determined by the past, even if hindsight is 20/20  :devil: ...what you (Soccer 19) do now, determines both, so keep up the good fight(some fighting can be good), and just maybe others will be encouraged.

ps: I won't put all my eggs(women's football) in one basket though (Pellerud)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 02:57:15 PM »
Pellerud may not be around after the World Cup, in fact he may not even have a full-strength team for September. Stay tuned....

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
Please do not post u-17 speculation on the u-15 site

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 04:01:43 PM »
I see different messages all the time in all different threads and even when I go back to that thread the name gets changed by the moderator so as long as footie is being talked about IMHO its fine to cahat in any thread. I dont see the moderators griping about it. The site is so convaluded at times its impossible to keep track as to who is where and what is being said. I am a memeber of member of many soccer sites across the globe and every one breaks down it's threads and topics by specifics and never is it one free fot all like it is on the soccer warriors.

so anybody have a U15 goatender for coach charles from across the globe that they can reccommend for coach charles ?

Cheers

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
Pellerud may not be around after the World Cup, in fact he may not even have a full-strength team for September. Stay tuned....
Soccer 19: This statement here should tell you that people on here know what they saying. A lot of brothers have offered assistance and it's the same old story. Although you think Pellers will make changes, he done get caught up in the T&T football politics and he will be gone as soon as the last whistle blow.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 04:13:41 PM »
[quote)

so anybody have a U15 goatender for coach charles from across the globe that they can reccommend for coach charles ?

Cheers
[/quote]
Not doing this any more either. Don't wan't to recommend anyone and then they are mistreated.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 05:32:14 PM »
Soccer 19: This statement here should tell you that people on here know what they saying. A lot of brothers have offered assistance and it's the same old story. Although you think Pellers will make changes, he done get caught up in the T&T football politics and he will be gone as soon as the last whistle blow.

Well I hope you are wrong as I guess we have until the fall to find out if Pellerud will be around or not. It would be disappointing that all this effort and resources are put into the 17's & now the seniors as they start their GOLD cup qualifying to see pellerud shown the door if the 17's do not make a good showing in the upcoming WC.

Cheers

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »
I can post whatever I like, seeing that I have info and I live in a democratic country. I am standing firm with my view that there will be a new TD of the Women's programme after September 25.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 12:22:09 AM »
Soccer 19 welcome to what is trini football. I didn't want to burst your bubble about Pellers. Thanks Yourstruly fro busting that mark. Soccer 19 Yuh dealing with some veteran men on this site who know what they talking about. So if I were you just try and maneuver your way around these post and only make statements when you have facts. As for you Mr MEP. AH JUST KICKSING BOY :rotfl:

1]; } ?>