March 29, 2024, 09:24:06 AM

Author Topic: Cornell Glen Thread.  (Read 31130 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Glen Thread.
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2016, 05:43:54 AM »
I don't understand why some ah allyuh fellas making fun of Cornel Glenn,I am sure he could be of help to our TT team,mainly as a sub coming on for the last 20/30 minutes.The Indian League is a higher quality than our PL in TT,and surely his experience could be invaluable.I don't see why both Denzil Theobald and C.Glenn shouldn't be included in a TT squad,especially when we are short of our first choice players,like when we played Haiti and was beaten.
Some posters are having a laugh and trying to be funny,but as Oscar Wilde said,"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit".

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2016, 06:03:45 AM »
I don't understand why some ah allyuh fellas making fun of Cornel Glenn,I am sure he could be of help to our TT team,mainly as a sub coming on for the last 20/30 minutes.The Indian League is a higher quality than our PL in TT,and surely his experience could be invaluable.I don't see why both Denzil Theobald and C.Glenn shouldn't be included in a TT squad,especially when we are short of our first choice players,like when we played Haiti and was beaten.
Some posters are having a laugh and trying to be funny,but as Oscar Wilde said,"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit".

Nobody questioning Glen on the field, maybe he ok and can still help, but he star boy mentality and his constant attitude around the team and managers is a problem.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2016, 07:54:24 AM »
frico correct me if am wrong but is the Indian league really of a better quality than our PL? from my observation i would say its just about the same level or even slightly below. Just my 2cents... :-\

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2016, 12:37:26 PM »
frico correct me if am wrong but is the Indian league really of a better quality than our PL? from my observation i would say its just about the same level or even slightly below. Just my 2cents... :-\
I am not 100%sure about that,but judging by some of the imports,Europeans,Africans,South Americans,and I am not sure about Central Americans,if they have 2 Trinis then there's a chance of Central Americans.I was basing my statement on,the imports from countries with a higher quality of football than ours.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2016, 12:38:15 PM »
WATCH: Cornell Glen scores a brace in Mohun Bagan’s 5-2 win over Maziya in the AFC Cup.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GCt0D5M6Dcw?start=32" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GCt0D5M6Dcw?start=32</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »
WATCH: Cornell Glen scores a brace to give Mohun Bagan a 3-1 win over Salgaocar

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7LqA7W_4itc?start=77" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7LqA7W_4itc?start=77</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2016, 08:58:34 AM »
Wait nah.... is 2 goals this man scoring every game ??

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »
WATCH: Cornell Glen scores in Mohun Bagan’s 4-0 win over South China in the AFC Cup

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/10OnQRsxMt8?start=77" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/10OnQRsxMt8?start=77</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2016, 02:41:21 PM »
Mohun Bagan's Cornell Glen claims East Bengal's Arnab Mondal hurled racial abuses in Siliguri Derby
By Atanu Mitra (goal.com)

The Trinidad and Tobago striker wasn't at his best against East Bengal but his comments on the social media have created huge furore.

East Bengal rode on a Do Dong Hyun brace on Saturday to defeat arch-rivals Mohun Bagan in an I-League clash at Siliguri and boosted their chances of winning the maiden I-League title.

Cornell Glen, the Mohun Bagan striker who had a poor game on Saturday took to a social networking site after the match, alleging that Arnab Mondal had racially abused him during the course of the encounter.

The former Shillong Lajong player has already written a letter to the All India Football Federation (AIFF) informing the governing body about the incident.

"We have heard about the incident. Glen had come to us to complain about it and he is writing a letter to the AIFF as we speak. Mohun Bagan will support the truth," Sanjoy Ghosh, Mohun Bagan's manager told Goal.

This is the second time a player has reported a racial abuse on the ground, after Atletico de Kolkata's Baljit Singh Sahni accused FC Goa's Gregory Arnolin in the second edition of the Indian Super League (ISL).

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2016, 06:45:27 PM »
They still vex about Thursday. They hating on him since the WI won.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2016, 05:35:22 AM »
WATCH: Cornell Glen scores a first half brace in Mohun Bagan’s 3-3 draw with DSK Shivajians

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E1BzjWTlnyo?start=28" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E1BzjWTlnyo?start=28</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2016, 09:21:01 AM »
Cornell Glen doin this in 100 F/ 39 C weather.  Put him in CONCACAF and he running hard for 120 mins.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2016, 04:50:38 PM »
Looking good Glen.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »
WATCH: Cornell Glen’s goal earns Mohun Bagan a 1-1 draw with Yangon United in the AFC Cup. Also check out the play he makes at 00:18s which results in him shooting the ball just wide of the post.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UyqlQsC4AOg?start=72" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UyqlQsC4AOg?start=72</a>
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:04:39 PM by Tallman »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2016, 12:01:03 PM »
AFC Cup Tallman.

AFC Champions league is another tournament
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2016, 12:05:07 PM »
AFC Cup Tallman.

AFC Champions league is another tournament

Yeh yeh. Noted!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2016, 12:14:08 PM »
the one thing i notice with many of Cornell goals, is his finishing and runs. He somehow seems to be getting the ball in space and open many times. I can only conclude he is not being marked properly, very loosely, and 2, he has free reign to rove. I am only seeing highlights, yet suspect the league defensive coverage of a consistent threat not that good and he's taking good advantage of it. So is it that they have him closely marked and shut down for most of the game, and he only getting loose the one or two times, whereby he punishes them, due to his caliber, and/or is he playing below his ability level. Maybe a bit of both. Would like to observe him during a whole game. Yet to see a crunching tackle. Always liked his form doh, especially when he breaks free, something exciting usually happens.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »
Mr.Hart ah begging yuh ,please call de man for the friendlies coming up.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2016, 02:02:24 PM »
Mr.Hart ah begging yuh ,please call de man for the friendlies coming up.
don't it depend on who Mr Hart getting for those friendlies. I don't think Cornell willing to fly round the world to sit on a bench or worse, in the stands. I think Mr Hart already said he's aware and monitoring Cornell from afar. I will trust him and his assistants to determine if Cornell should be called or not. The man not just in Miami yuh know. ;-)

add: ah was going and say "in Tobago ", but Tobago woulda shout dem doh get call either   lol..just kicksin Tobago, not making fun of  no one claim...doh the U 20 Pro league calls kinda register
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:11:56 PM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2016, 02:16:13 PM »
WATCH: Cornell Glen finishes off the 2015/16 I-League season in style with two goals in Mohun Bagan’s 5-0 win over Bengaluru

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XRyHH3gk60o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XRyHH3gk60o</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2016, 07:38:34 PM »
WATCH: Cornell Glen talks about his return to the national team

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1vMQ8_hIihQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1vMQ8_hIihQ</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2016, 09:05:43 PM »
Well-delivered, Cornell.

Some plain talk in the mix, and that is always appreciated.

However, those who favoured you getting a look, favoured you getting a look with the squad as it was prior to Hart's departure, not with the team as it is composed on this tour.

I encourage you all to lash Nicaragua some hardlash tomorrow night. Order must be restored.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2016, 11:49:05 PM »
Order must be restored.

Can order reside where Bobol and self interest reign supreme?

Oh....and who's order you referring to?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:53:10 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2016, 02:19:11 AM »
Order must be restored.

The big belly man order he place at the KFC in independence square...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2016, 05:16:50 AM »
Order must be restored.

Pride of place.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2016, 06:15:11 AM »
Ever since Glen put 4 goals pass Colorado Rapids I have been his number one fan,it was sad to see how injury affected his career,but the boy is full of fight,and didn't give up.He is now doing the business in India,when really he should have been in England.I hope he is,or will remain part of TT squads for the up-coming matches,I'm sure he is capable of  a good 30 or 40 minutes,he would or also could be a starter.Those Raguans better watch it today.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2016, 11:38:06 AM »
Ever since Glen put 4 goals pass Colorado Rapids I have been his number one fan,it was sad to see how injury affected his career,but the boy is full of fight,and didn't give up.He is now doing the business in India,when really he should have been in England.I hope he is,or will remain part of TT squads for the up-coming matches,I'm sure he is capable of  a good 30 or 40 minutes,he would or also could be a starter.Those Raguans better watch it today.

How long have you been a SANTHIEF and a dictator fan?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bengaluru FC rope in Trinidad & Tobago striker Cornell Glen for Federation Cup
goal.com

Bengaluru FC announced the signing of Cornell Glen on-loan from 2nd Division side Ozone FC on Monday.

The Blues' inability to find a stable strike partner for skipper Sunil Chhetri this season sees them recruit their third foreign forward in the space of five months.

Marjan Jugovic who was brought halfway into the season post Roby Norales going out on loan to Ozone FC, has been ruled out from the upcoming Federation Cup with an injury and the 2015 champions have registered Glen as their fourth foreigner for the cup competition.

Glen, who was a member of Trinidad and Tobago's 2006 FIFA World Cup squad in Germany has played for the likes of LA Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes in his earlier days. Glen came to India in 2013 and spent two seasons with Shillong Lajong before securing an Indian Super League (ISL) contract with NorthEast United.

Last season, Glen scored 11 goals for Mohun Bagan in 16 league appearances for Mohun Bagan. He was initially slated to play the 2nd Division I-League for Bengaluru-based Ozone FC but injured his shoulder and had to sit out the whole season.

"It’s an honour to be a part of such a big club. I see Bengaluru FC as arguably the biggest club in India. It’s a club that aspires to win championships and I am happy to be a part of that. Since I’ve been in India, I’ve always played to win games and that’s exactly what I intend to do here. I have a quality team around me with a very good coach and I’m looking forward to it," Glen said after being revealed by the club.

Coincidentally, Honduran striker Roby Norales replaced him in the Ozone squad and now Glen completes the merry-go-round with a short-term loan move to the two-time I-League champions.

The 36-year-old has only been handed a one-month contract for the Federation Cup and will not play in the AFC Cup games. However, Glen will face both his former teams Mohun Bagan and Shillong Lajong as they are clubbed in Group B along with DSK Shivajians.

Bengaluru FC open their campaign on 8th May against Lajong, rounding off the group games four days later against defending champions Mohun Bagan on 12th May.

Meanwhile, the Southern Eagles have arrived in Dhaka to play Abahani Limited in their 2017 AFC Cup Group E matchday four fixture. The 2016 finalists lead the group with nine points, having won all their matches so far.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2017, 08:18:19 AM »
World Cup veteran Cornell Glen signs for UTT.
ttsuperleague.com.

Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup veteran striker, Cornell Glen, has committed his foreseeable future to UTT in League One of the Trinidad and Tobago Super League.

In what can only be described as a major coup for the high flyers this season, Glen will now re-unite with his brother, Cyrano Glen, at the O’Meara based team and will be hoping to put his predatory instincts to good use.

UTT head coach Clayton Morris was beaming about his new recruit and believes that he may be the final piece of the puzzle for his team.

“He (Glen) is coming to complete the package, ” stated Morris.

“We have the honor of having former national player and international player Cornell Glen who is coming to add to the whole absence of not having a striker…This year as well we have been competing, playing well but you know not having the physical presence on the field of Jamal Creighton, who was the marksman for the team (was hard)…definitely we missed him.”

Creighton had been a regular supplier of goals for UTT throughout the last few seasons but new signing Cornell Glen arrives with a CV of an entirely different stature.

Boasting 24 international goals for Trinidad and Tobago, Glen appeared in all three of T&T’s group stage matches at the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

The well traveled forward has had spells at numerous MLS clubs such as LA Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes before returning home to establish himself as one of T&T’s most lethal marksmen.

In 2013, he turned his eyes to the far east and has produced dominating spells for Shillong Lajong and Mohun Bagan in the Indian I-League and North East United in the Indian Super League. In his most recent outing though, he helped Bengaluru FC claim the 2016-17 Indian Federation Cup.

Now at the age of 36, Morris believes that Glen’s motivation for signing is as much on the field as it is off it.

“He really just wants to give back,” Morris told TTSL Media. “I would say that he came and just loved the vibes with the youths. He saw me as a former national player trying to give back and he too would like to give back in the sense of playing now and then eventually fall into coaching.”

He continued, “Cornell Glen coming into the team would definitely give us a bit more comfort.”

“These teams that we met in the first round – the top teams, they just edged us out. We have the confidence that we can match them now and get a good result.”

Glen is expected to make his debut for UTT against Police FC on Wednesday 20 September in the TTSL CFTL League Cup.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:19:50 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>