April 28, 2024, 01:14:32 AM

Author Topic: Braithwaite says change in T&T football on the way  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Braithwaite says change in T&T football on the way
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:32:37 AM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Newsday)

FORMER national football team manager Richard Braithwaite has described the re-appointment of Russell Latapy, “The Little Magician” as coach of the Trinidad and Tobago team, as a step in the right direction.

And he said that the selection of ex-left flank defender “Marvellous” Marvin Faustin as assistant coach was also a good one.

His comments came at the weekend, only days after the appointment of Faustin— which was an option given to the innovative midfielder to choose his own assistant coach.

Latapy though, assumed his position as head coach of the national team recently from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) after a lengthy deliberation to retain him following his failed World Cup campaign.

Braithwaite, now a business consultant stated that the move signalled that there is a changing of the guard in local football, as a younger generation is now assuming the responsibility for the development of the game in Trinidad and Tobago.

This change, the long-serving football administrator said, is evident by the good works of rasta-haired style defender Brent Sancho at TT Pro League outfit North East Stars from Sangre Grande. Sancho who became famous at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in which lanky English striker Peter Crouch pulled at his hair before heading home the winner in a hard-fought 2-0 win over the ‘Soca Warriors’ is the team’s (North East Stars) Chief Executive Officer (CEO).

“Brent Sancho has already made a major impact at North East Stars at the administrative level and is showing what new blood and new ideas can do to improve an organization.”

Sancho is being supported on the staff by his former national colleague, right midfielder Kevin Jeffreys- who was also appointed as the team’s Technical Director.

In a release the hard-working Braithwaite said “This change is long overdue and I look forward to seeing more of the younger football coaches and administrators getting involved at the national level.”

Faustin’s selection is a temporary one and he will have the responsibility for assisting Latapy with the scouting of new players to fit in to a squad for the eventual selection of the national football team.

Latapy told the media after a press briefing recently that their first assignment will be to compete successfully in the coming Digicel- sponsored Caribbean Cup which is scheduled for Guadeloupe in November.

Braithwaite who was manager of Trintoc in the 1980s as well as the senior national team during the same period of which both players were apart, said “There are some very good young coaches around like Angus Eve and Derek King while some of the former ‘Strike squad ‘players like Brian Williams, Hutson Charles and Clayton Morris have already made their mark” Braithwaite added.

He pointed out that while some of the coaches may lack experience, the implementation of a comprehensive and systematic coach’s education programme will address this problem.

“That is why I am pleased to see that Russell is heading off to Arsenal soon for training stint. Arsenal has one of the best training facilities in England and Arsene Wenger is extremely good at developing young talent”

Braithwaite described coach education as a major component in achieving success, not only in football but in all sports.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:31:23 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Braithwaite says change in T&T football on the way
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:08:06 AM »
I wonder if he does dispense such advice in he day wuk? Change comin my eye.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:16:08 AM »
       Weary i want to say here he might have a point,we have have been calling for changes for quite a number of years,the problem is always was who you going to change these guys with,we have been stuck in this cycle from thy kingdom come with no one coming forward to challenge these positions,don't matter what we do it's never good enough or our personnel eh up to standard/unqualified/have no experience etc etc so who or what are we changing,we don't change anything, we does exchange because it's the same problems we are stuck with, just a different face,we get rid of Anton and got Latas/Marvin ah mean that's what we have/want(change). Sometimes we have to be carefull with what we ask for.     

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:27:30 AM »
When Braithwaite was TTFF manager he eh do shit and now he know everything....

Wait, allyuh go here Vidale and Gally just now too.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:51:15 AM »
When Braithwaite was TTFF manager he eh do shit and now he know everything....

Wait, allyuh go here Vidale and Gally just now too.....
        You could not have said it any better,this is T&T and we all know that,we does fight each other at all levels instead of coming together for a common good,administrators,Coaches,players etc i don't see why someone have to die in order to be replaced,i am sure if they offer Vidale,Gally or Alvin the coaching job they will grab it  :devil: come on guys it's time to let go,be constructive with your criticisms,the Youths listening.   

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 09:01:06 AM »
       Weary i want to say here he might have a point,we have have been calling for changes for quite a number of years,the problem is always was who you going to change these guys with,we have been stuck in this cycle from thy kingdom come with no one coming forward to challenge these positions,don't matter what we do it's never good enough or our personnel eh up to standard/unqualified/have no experience etc etc so who or what are we changing,we don't change anything, we does exchange because it's the same problems we are stuck with, just a different face,we get rid of Anton and got Latas/Marvin ah mean that's what we have/want(change). Sometimes we have to be carefull with what we ask for.     

Ah understand where yuh comin from Coop's but unless there is a change structurally then any change is superficial...it's like West Indies cricket...look how many faces have come and gone within the WICB but the problem isn't the people the problem is the structure...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »
Sancho, them have the belly to call Sancho name in they mouth. Them wicked ah tell alyuh.....wicked.  They will have to beg Sancho for forgiveness for the way they treat this fella.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »
I think he's right,
 now replace Camps with LP, let Hunt & KJack(he cyah save he life - bong to be injured...seriously,get well soon guy) run for the commitee/board/Federation, and we must have some measure of accountability, transparency and equal decision making...let the police, police the police....doh say if yuh in government, yuh cyah hold ah post, cause we all know that eh true..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 10:30:13 AM »
Change coming!!!! Dream on!!!. When the very top of the TTFF is gone, then we can talk about change, for better or for worse. Right now the only positive thing in TT football is the initiative taken by Dexter and the pro-league committee to make some needed improvement in terms of game schedule, and admission policies and getting sponsorship. But in terms of National team football, nothing ain't change or changing!!!!!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 10:44:27 AM »
replace Camps with LP,
lawd I hope not! not another silent puppet.  :'(

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 12:05:57 PM »
replace Camps with LP,
Hold on. The job of the president of the TTFF is not to be heard ( a la polticos), and I don't think LP is or will be anybody's puppet...but then again that depends on who the boss is, not so...eg.. I wukkin at a company here, they tell meh do this, and that for the benefit of the company, and ultimately I will benefit, does that mean I'm a puppet, because I do as they say ? Then everybody who is working is somebody else puppet, then ? Either to the home/family or to the job..cause everyone's actions to please somebody is interdependent.....I confused  ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »
Sancho, them have the belly to call Sancho name in they mouth. Them wicked ah tell alyuh.....wicked.  They will have to beg Sancho for forgiveness for the way they treat this fella.

ENTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 02:22:45 PM »
Everybody,
                  Who has the final say in TTFF the President or the special advisor. When allyuh figure that out then allyuh go know if change coming.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 06:46:35 AM »
Everybody,
                  Who has the final say in TTFF the President or the special advisor. When allyuh figure that out then allyuh go know if change coming.

Nutten 2 figure out

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 07:13:29 AM »
remember when they bring out the blue $100 bill right ??... it also had a brown $50 bill.. and the it had a huge 50 fake money thing..so they lock off the $50..

if i recall the headlines were  " $50 BILL CANT CHANGE"...

so people use to say " boy, yuh like ah $50 bill..yuh cant change"..

so TTFF is a $50 bill

and before ah forget...Connie Chung married to Arthur Suite ( for you Tallman..lol)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 07:34:46 AM »
remember when they bring out the blue $100 bill right ??... it also had a brown $50 bill.. and the it had a huge 50 fake money thing..so they lock off the $50..

if i recall the headlines were  " $50 BILL CANT CHANGE"...

so people use to say " boy, yuh like ah $50 bill..yuh cant change"..

so TTFF is a $50 bill

and before ah forget...Connie Chung married to Arthur Suite ( for you Tallman..lol)

Yuh just date both of us wit dat $50 bill. D ting is we get rid of d $50 bill if we could be so lucky wit d TTFF

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 09:29:03 AM »
ent my dear ?
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »
replace Camps with LP,
Hold on. The job of the president of the TTFF is not to be heard ( a la polticos), and I don't think LP is or will be anybody's puppet...but then again that depends on who the boss is, not so...eg.. I wukkin at a company here, they tell meh do this, and that for the benefit of the company, and ultimately I will benefit, does that mean I'm a puppet, because I do as they say ? Then everybody who is working is somebody else puppet, then ? Either to the home/family or to the job..cause everyone's actions to please somebody is interdependent.....I confused  ;)
lol.  don't be confused.  if your boss tell you to dump toxic waste in the garbage bin outside and not a peep from you...yes you are a puppet.  and if your wife tell you to molest the children and not a sound, you iz a puppet too.  I don't tink you will dispute the fact that the ttff f00kin up right thru.  a puppet is controlled into doin things regardless of its own feelings or wishes (follows the wishes of the hand in control).  if you think that jus following orders is somehow going to make something change in the ttff  then I have some yard work to do over here... you lookin for a job?

by the way...what is the job of the ttff President in your estimation?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:32:06 PM by kounty »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
Generally the following...nb: who is the boss...So yuh think LP will just follow orders - from Jack, regardless of the Integrity & mandate required of his position..then you obviously know his personal makeup, better than me, cause honestly, I don't know the man...and so, he must be annuda puppet...a la the present TTFF and it's board.....even if I just doh think so...then what you are/might be sayin, is anybody who take the job, has the potential of becoming a puppet, therfore, no one need apply....hmmmnnn...talk dun

http://www.hrvillage.com/hrjobdesc/CEOPresident.htm
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:11:22 PM by maxg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 04:33:40 PM »
I agree...change is definitely on the way.

Before this, we used to at least make de Hex.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 11:32:19 PM »

ENTTTTTTTT

I didn't want to have to waste mih 5000th post on this, but I have to say it.

Unless one of you know something I don't know, this man has as much to do with Sancho's treatment as Walter Alibey had to do with getting us to germany...i.e. absolutely zilch.

I wasn't really looking for any of you there...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 03:49:49 AM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Newsday)

“That is why I am pleased to see that Russell is heading off to Arsenal soon for training stint. Arsenal has one of the best training facilities in England and Arsene Wenger is extremely good at developing young talent”

doh know if change is comin or not. . but i think that is a good move. . .could even learn something from people there. . .
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 07:05:51 AM »

You talking bout tings eh changing, and yuh always coming back wit dat old joke  :devil:. Old time someting come back again.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »
de biggest joke for me is at Jack advocating change on another forum !!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
allyuh try to change he bread and butter nah !
is either Jack way or de high way...the football cemetry is replete with graves from the past .....de only way you could still be day ..is if you could say ..YES jACK...right away Jack ....  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »

ENTTTTTTTT

Unless one of you know something I don't know, this man has as much to do with Sancho's treatment as Walter Alibey had to do with getting us to germany...i.e. absolutely zilch.

Friend dem peeps should not mention Sancho name as being part of any movement 4 change in d TTFF. If yuh pt is dat sancho was unattach y he was not selected then he shoulda b captin because that was d criteria 4 selection

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 05:13:28 PM »

ENTTTTTTTT

Friend dem peeps should not mention Sancho name as being part of any movement 4 change in d TTFF. If yuh pt is dat sancho was unattach y he was not selected then he shoulda b captin because that was d criteria 4 selection

I did not at the time and was not advocating Sancho's continued marginalisation. I think you missed both mine and Braithwaite's points, but whatever, do carry on...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 08:20:13 PM »

ENTTTTTTTT

I did not at the time and was not advocating Sancho's continued marginalisation. I think you missed both mine and Braithwaite's points, but whatever, do carry on...

Is Braithwaite's point dat Sancho can help out with change?

1]; } ?>