March 28, 2024, 05:57:36 AM

Author Topic: U.S. U-17 women beat Haiti 9-0, then offer hugs  (Read 12400 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: US U-17 Women Vs Cayman Islands U=17 on FSC
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 11:11:03 AM »
Prior to the 1990s, sport in China, as in some other countries, was completely government-funded. Some top athletes had quit at the height of their careers because they were uncertain about life post retirement. The situation began to change in 1994 when Chinese football became the first sport to take the professionalization road and in its wake similar reforms were carried out in basketball, volleyball, ping pong and weing. The process brought with it commercialization; sport associations became profit-making entities and a club system came into being; professional leagues formed, improving China's sports environment; and commercial management systems took shape. The professionalization of sports has encouraged the emergence of a sports management market and business-structured systems. Sports club operations now cover ticket sales, advertising, club transfers, commercial matches, television broadcasting and other commercial activities. Another aspect of the reform is that some Chinese athletes have joined foreign professional leagues. For instance, basketball star Yao Ming entered the NBA in the 2002 draft[1].

China led the gold medal count (51) at the last Olympic Games which were held in Beijing from 8 August to 24 August 2008.[2]

:-\  here is my answer

Okay did not know we were dealing with sports in general. I would not have used China as an example. As they are very good at the Olypmics and we with our limited resources and population to draw from have had a great measure of success in that area. So your argument still does not hold true.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 03:21:22 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. U-17 women beat Haiti 9-0, then offer hugs
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »
Triples first to begin the US national youth teams are not going anywhere. We are here to stay until the rest of the CONCACAF countries have stepped up their games like Mexico, Canada and now Costa Rica after their recent showing in the U-20 Concacaf qualifiers. You seem to think you know what you are talking about so please remind me where the players on the recent U-20 teams from Mexico, Canada and Costa Rica are from. Let me save you some research. I already know that quite a bit of them are attending Universities here in the US. Also what would the other teams from Europe, Asia and South America be today if they took your approach of feeling that they could not defeat the mighty US womens team. The last time I checked some of these teams have since caught up and surpass some of our youth nationals team on the World stage. As for your GK comment, I hate to burst your bubble on your GK statistics. However, we have been implementing a program here in the US with our ODP and national team players where we have been developing field players into GK;s when we see the need to. So it may just be an idea for Marlon and his staff to think about. I will end by saying this. One of the things we share with our youth national team players all the time is to focus on the controllables.So the day Trini does that the women's teams will be fine. There is still player development, preparation and planning and putting the right things in place to make it happen. When your pool is not as great as some of the other pools in the world. You need to make sure you are focusing on the things you have control over.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »
Oh and before i forget we do benefit from these CONCACAF events. I am not at liberty to say though
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2010, 10:17:03 PM »
U.S.A. beat C. Rica 10 nil.
finish first round with a goal difference of 32 to 0  :o

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2010, 08:14:31 AM »
That's right keep telling me I am wrong while the scores continue to come in 32 goals for 0 goals against.

Lets blame every Caribbean coach, every Caribbean girl who plays soccer, every Caribbean style of play. I am wrong you folks are all correct we just need to focus on the things that we can control and one day one of the islands will score a single goal on the USA and we will all rejoice at how we have come a long way.

I apologize for being so negative and focusing on other things, that you folks disagree with. I will try to think more like you NY and so I will find some sort of solice in the 32 goal differential OH WAIT, I know,  I can placate myself with the fact that it could have been 40 goals to nil.

It is good that we continue to offer our young ladies up as feed for the USA. It will built strnght it is nothing like having a young lady lose a game 9-0 and have the other team console her after the game think of the photo ops and character this young lady has just experienced,. and a troucing of the costa rica team will also teach those uyoung ladies a lesson in humility it was silly of me not to realize how important it was to focus on the THINGS WE CAN CONTROL.  i am now upset that Jamaica has chosen to not continue the womens soccewr program because of a few losses and no hope of ever competing after all it just means they have given up, they should do what you all suggest FOCUS ON THOSE THINGS THEY CAN CONTROL.  AS LONG AS WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2010, 08:20:04 AM »
lets look at the things we can control. ???????????? oh i am sorry I was just trying to think of some things, but the funny thing about power is that it sometimes allows you to let those with less power believe they have control or some power. We believe we can have control over our coaches and who we choose to allow to coach our young people, well if that is the case when is the last time any coach was picked by a democratic process, we believe we can control the style of play, well why is shabazz in an interview trying to say as nicely as possible that he does not believe in pellurads style of non-possession play. Thats right keep telling every one to focus on t

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2010, 08:21:42 AM »
the things they can control as if they have control. keep selling that kool-aid to the masses. please save some for me because one more 9-0 thrashing of an island team just might put me over the top

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: US U-17 Women Vs Cayman Islands U=17 on FSC
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2010, 08:35:04 AM »
Prior to the 1990s, sport in China, as in some other countries, was completely government-funded. Some top athletes had quit at the height of their careers because they were uncertain about life post retirement. The situation began to change in 1994 when Chinese football became the first sport to take the professionalization road and in its wake similar reforms were carried out in basketball, volleyball, ping pong and weing. The process brought with it commercialization; sport associations became profit-making entities and a club system came into being; professional leagues formed, improving China's sports environment; and commercial management systems took shape. The professionalization of sports has encouraged the emergence of a sports management market and business-structured systems. Sports club operations now cover ticket sales, advertising, club transfers, commercial matches, television broadcasting and other commercial activities. Another aspect of the reform is that some Chinese athletes have joined foreign professional leagues. For instance, basketball star Yao Ming entered the NBA in the 2002 draft[1].

China led the gold medal count (51) at the last Olympic Games which were held in Beijing from 8 August to 24 August 2008.[2]

:-\  here is my answer

How do you explain jamaica's success in Track & Field?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2010, 08:41:40 AM »
NY I see your whole response as nothing  more than a rich man living in his mansion telling the poor servant that money can not bring happiness. That's right continue to tell the small under funded island women's soccer programs to keep playing hard to keep their heads up, and that one day they will compete at the same level as the big powerful US. For you sir to even suggest that equality in women's soccer between the USA and it's island competitor's can be simply achieved by a change of attitude. Is insulting at best disingenuous. Poor underfunded women's programs have no control. I cannot believe anyone can come on this site and blame every island team every island coach and every island player for the disparity between themselves and the US and that by simply focusing on things they (falsely believe) they can control that it will get better. I am through with this conversation I am belong enraged at this time. 32-0,  SIR 32-0  is all I have to say to any argument you may raise now or in the future

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2010, 08:47:10 AM »
Palos are you serious Track and Field is an individual sport requiring NO SUBSTANTIAL FUNDING, it requires a track found at almost every school or public park. and for the most part looks at the individual. SOCCER requires a TEAM substantial funding. And your idea of sucess is a few individual  male runners achieving some level of success,  but according to this site
http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/records/records.jsp?listId=1 J

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »
Jamaica has very little long lasting success so lets not compare apples to oranges. Track and field is for the most part an individual sport. I could be the best goalie in the world but without good fullbacks you will never know that, but if i am the fastest man at the 440 I can choose to just run individual events and achieve success

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 09:22:26 AM »
That's right keep telling me I am wrong while the scores continue to come in 32 goals for 0 goals against.

Lets blame every Caribbean coach, every Caribbean girl who plays soccer, every Caribbean style of play. I am wrong you folks are all correct we just need to focus on the things that we can control and one day one of the islands will score a single goal on the USA and we will all rejoice at how we have come a long way.

I apologize for being so negative and focusing on other things, that you folks disagree with. I will try to think more like you NY and so I will find some sort of solice in the 32 goal differential OH WAIT, I know,  I can placate myself with the fact that it could have been 40 goals to nil.

It is good that we continue to offer our young ladies up as feed for the USA. It will built strnght it is nothing like having a young lady lose a game 9-0 and have the other team console her after the game think of the photo ops and character this young lady has just experienced,. and a troucing of the costa rica team will also teach those uyoung ladies a lesson in humility it was silly of me not to realize how important it was to focus on the THINGS WE CAN CONTROL.  i am now upset that Jamaica has chosen to not continue the womens soccewr program because of a few losses and no hope of ever competing after all it just means they have given up, they should do what you all suggest FOCUS ON THOSE THINGS THEY CAN CONTROL.  AS LONG AS WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT

Boss i hear where you trying to come from but I too have to disagree with your sentiments. here's why.

Long ago the US men's national team was struggling to qualify out of concacaf. I'm saying long ago but its actually been before the 1990 world cup. since that time the US realised that ok we have concacaf pretty much handled, but outside of concacaf we are just food for other teams. The US program decided to begin looking at ways they can beat the Brazil's and the Argentina's and the England's of world football. mind you they are competing against countries that are smaller in size and population and resources as compared to them, but they were determined to be the best..to beat the best. Over the last few years, as we saw in the Confedrations Cup, they have narrowed the gap significantly and every world cup they become even more competitive...because they have implemented a plan to narrow that gap.

now im going to give you a more personal example. i coach with a relatively small academy program here in Georgia, as compared to the other larger more expensive academies around and we are as competitive or probably better than the more expensive programs out there. why? we have a structure in place within our training programs to ensure that what we give our players tools and skill sets and knowledge that the other so called bigger programs arent implementing and in a nut shell, they cannot teach what we teach. its at the level now where these bigger programs aviod playing us at all cost because it looks bad for their reputation to lose to a "lower" program on paper. our kids have the belief that nobody is better than them and no matter who we play, they know they have the tools to beat anybody. we focus on kids that come from impoverish environments and neighborhoods and 8 out of 10 of these parents cant afford to pay the required fees to have their child play at any academy program. however, we have a structure in place to assist these players and their parents, so that they are exposed to a lifestyle they may not have been exposed to due to their circumstances. These kids now have an opportunity to attend a college or even try and go pro, an opportunity they never had before. Now that they are in our program, and they are part of the structure we have in place, aint nobody going to tell them the not good enough.

Now take the two examples above and apply it to the womens national team. We need to implement programs to be able to prepare our teams for this level of competition. IMO, our biggest hurdle is a societal one. The average female who playing ball in trinidad and who is getting good quality coaching is a drop in the pond as compared to their female counterparts in america. and that has nothing to do with how big america is and how small trinidad is. It's getting a bit better, but we have never guided our females to soccer. Our society has not encouraged females to see the benefits of playing soccer and hence our numbers are small. also, we do not have the quality programs in place for any size pool to succeed. we dont have it for the mens program...far less for the womens. take america for example, you actually have the label of "soccer moms", where parents make huge sacrifices to ensure their child participates in quality soccer programs. How many trinis you know making that kinda sacrifice for their kids? thats where the change has to occur, along with the powers that be implement the required quality programs so our teams, from U15 to senior mens and womens teams are more competitve in Concacaf...instead of asking America to go somewhere else to play! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »
fordy thank you for thinking my rants were worthy of you taking time to respond. I looked at your example but the problem I am having with them,  is that Your example is of a financially superior (USA) attempting to achieve equality with a lessor country  ie. Brazil (financially) such equality is no statement of achievement but rather a statement of the status quo returning to normal.  In response to your Georgia example I applaud the effort but I would argue that the comparison also does not fit the dynamic found here. The disparity between the two academies can not compare to the fact that the entire population of TT is 1.2 million people and the number of children playing soccer in the USA is 15 million. The GNP of the almost any sing state in the USA exceeds our entire country in TT. The disparity you mentioned seems to not compare. I appreciate you weighing in and I will not dismiss your position as easily as others wish to dismiss mine. But these continued stories of how David slew Goliath and the little guy sometimes win stories is like playing the lottery we continue to hear about the one individual who wins and this causes the rest of us to spend their money  what they fail to tell you of the many millions of people who never win. So while you may come on this site to tell me of the one (1) success story of where the little guy wins Fordy there are a thousand more stories where the little guy lost but they will now tell us about that other wise the masses would have no hope and rise up. Anyway good luck with your endeavors oh by the way EVERY ISLAND TEAM, EVERY ISLAND PLAYER AND EVERY ISLAND COACH failed to score a single goal against the US, but you probley all ready knew that.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2010, 09:58:38 AM »
I cant believe is under 17 girls football alyuh panty gettin tie up so for.

Because girls 17 and under winning a football game a man want to have the entire country play in another confederation.

::)

Breds football esp girls football is not important to us.
You dominate in that age group and in womens football as a whole.....good for you.

Remember you need to beat small teams like us to reinforce how good YOU are....so we serve a purpose.
But have no fear, someday we may be able to tie or beat you and it will be that much more special for us.

N.B. Triplethreat33 try hitting the Enter key on your computer after a few sentences, it will make your rant a bit easier to read. Thanks.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2010, 10:07:48 AM »
fordy thank you for thinking my rants were worthy of you taking time to respond. I looked at your example but the problem I am having with them,  is that Your example is of a financially superior (USA) attempting to achieve equality with a lessor country  ie. Brazil (financially) such equality is no statement of achievement but rather a statement of the status quo returning to normal.  In response to your Georgia example I applaud the effort but I would argue that the comparison also does not fit the dynamic found here. The disparity between the two academies can not compare to the fact that the entire population of TT is 1.2 million people and the number of children playing soccer in the USA is 15 million. The GNP of the almost any sing state in the USA exceeds our entire country in TT. The disparity you mentioned seems to not compare. I appreciate you weighing in and I will not dismiss your position as easily as others wish to dismiss mine. But these continued stories of how David slew Goliath and the little guy sometimes win stories is like playing the lottery we continue to hear about the one individual who wins and this causes the rest of us to spend their money  what they fail to tell you of the many millions of people who never win. So while you may come on this site to tell me of the one (1) success story of where the little guy wins Fordy there are a thousand more stories where the little guy lost but they will now tell us about that other wise the masses would have no hope and rise up. Anyway good luck with your endeavors oh by the way EVERY ISLAND TEAM, EVERY ISLAND PLAYER AND EVERY ISLAND COACH failed to score a single goal against the US, but you probley all ready knew that.

Well you can compare the academy example i gave. lets talk numbers. i coach a U11 team. one U11 team. the average larger academy has 4-5 U11 teams, ranked from A-E in terms of player skill level. on anyone of those teams they have an average of 15-17 players one one team. when we go to play these teams at first they would be disrespectful and send their D team. after a while, when they realised our potential, they send the best of the best for us. we beat them too. Also, on any game day i'm operating without subs. up to 2 weeks ago, we played against one of these teams and i had only 8 players (we play 8v8 at this level) whereas the other team had 17 players. the next coach call for a sub, one of his players says who, the coach replies everybody. in essence we play against two teams in one game...and still prevailed. im saying this all to say that you talking about the difference in numbers and resources between us and america...and it is a factor dont get me wrong....but with the right things in place we can overcome that very shortcoming and be competitive against their teams. Your defeatous mentality is whats keeping our progression from achieving great things in football. i mean you come up here and you ask any Quality American coach and they will tell you...the caribbean and central American has probably some of the brightest talents in the world....but the coaching and organization behind the talent is substandard at best.

The example with Brazil is also one not to dismiss. you trying to justify your point with numbers and available resources. Brazil aint no rich country and they cant even compare with america in terms of population. however, america cant beat them no matter wat. they have narrowed the gap over the years but still...brazil will beat them anyday. That's because Brazil has the organizational structure and coaching in place to beat the US teams on all levels.

bottomline when the game starts its eleven vs eleven. if your eleven is better prepared than mine you will always win, regardless of how much of a pool and money you spend to get to your eleven! :beermug:

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2010, 10:37:12 AM »

Because girls 17 and under winning a football game a man want to have the entire country play in another confederation.

You dominate in that age group and in women's football as a whole.....good for you.

Fords this was touches quote this is another reason why we will never beat NEVER beat the US our own men dismiss the sisters, daughter, girlfriends as less important. The culture here is embarrassing when it comes to women's soccer. and oh by the way touches our Men's team is still looking for bragging points from an okay finish that was played by men who are now old and still are trying to play because we can not replace the talent even at the men's level what other country do you think a 40 year old man would have Even an idea of still trying to play. Don't ignore the women's program because of our men's program it leaves more than a little to be desired. PS I never said the whole country should leave Concacaf, I actually suggest that the USA leaves Concacaf. And I will not change my position. No island contry will ever see a world cup unless they host it, come on here and call me wrong or negative but as we speak today history is on my side and your hope is in a future where men see our women's program exactly like the previous poster.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2010, 10:42:18 AM »

::)

You dominate in that age group and in womens football as a whole.....good for you.

Remember you need to beat small teams like us to reinforce how good YOU are....so we serve a purpose.
But have no fear, someday we may be able to tie or beat you and it will be that much more special for us.

N.B. Triplethreat33 try hitting the Enter key on your computer after a few sentences, it will make your rant a bit easier to read. Thanks.

;D hey touches here is your mens team that you care about

2010 World Cup qualification: Disappointment
Main article: 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification (CONCACAF)
Main article: 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification - CONCACAF Fourth Round
Team v • d • e Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
 United States 10 6 2 2 19 13 +6 20
 Mexico 10 6 1 3 18 12 +6 19
 Honduras 10 5 1 4 17 11 +6 16
 Costa Rica 10 5 1 4 15 15 0 16
 El Salvador 10 2 2 6 9 15 −6 8
 Trinidad and Tobago 10 1 3 6 10 22 −12 6

Costa Rica  – 1–0 2–0 0–3 4–0 3–1
El Salvador  1–0 – 0–1 2–1 2–2 2–2
Honduras  4–0 1–0 – 3–1 4–1 2–3
Mexico  2 –0 4–1 1–0 – 2–1 2–1
Trinidad and Tobago  2–3 1–0 1–1 2–2 – 0–1
United States  2–2 2–1 2–1 2–0 3–0 –

The United States, Mexico and Honduras qualified for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »
So Triple according to you resources (mainly man power and money) is our path to success?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »
Here is my problem Elan Touches is not a lone horse he has voiced the TT attitude of most TT men. We devalue our women and the hopes that this culture of seeing our women as athletes and not sexual objects is not one that will be easily overcome if at all. Touches and men like him will never get up on a Saturday Morning after a long week of work and take his daughter to soccer practice. Touches and men like him will never take his paycheck and buy his daughter the latest adidias football shoes. It is not in him. I do believe that money that will allow our women to train in the USA for a few months out ofthe year would be beneficial. I do believe that a larger pool of players would give us an opportunity to find that young lady who will standup against men like touches and say I AM AN ATHLETE, I DO MATTER, AND HOPEFULLY THAT YOUNG LADIES FATHER WILL SEE HER AS AN ATHLETE, AND NOT A POTENTIAL WEDDING EXPENSE.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
If yuh take the U.S. out of CONCACAF, you will weaken the federation- not good for the reason. 

The U.S. team showed respect by playing the Haitians like any other opponent.  At the senior level, you might see teams take their foot off the brakes a bit when the score runs up because with maturity comes a different psychology when it comes to beating an opponent.  In addition to preservation of energy, the whole idea of diplomacy and reluctance to humiliate an opponent starts to play a part...but remember these girls are 15 and 16 years old- they're not there yet...that chip in their zealous competitive brains hasn't fully developed yet...so it was not a matter of them being disrespectful.  They showed respect the way they know how...i.e. treat them as equals, and play hard....nothing wrong with that.  As they mature they will learn other ways to beat their opponents respectfully. 

I watched a Brazil v Mexico Under 13 game one time (yeah don't know why it was broadcasted on TV...And I don't know why I bothered to watch it ;D)...Brazil was leading 7-2, and playing like it was the first whistle.  One commentator remarked that from a very young age you could see a high level of competitiveness in the young Brazilians...the other announcer replied something to the effect of "good luck trying to tell a 12 yr old footballer to hold back when he knows he can score a hattrick"....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »
Taking the U.S. out of concacaf makes no sense. Brazil also destroyed the teams in S. America qualifying. So do you take them out too? And where would these teams go? Or maybe have two WC one for the haves and one for the have nots.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »
this is the u-17 women's site at no time was I speaking of the men's division It is okay to disagree with my position but first make sure you understand my position. The women's soccer programs in the Caribbean islands will NEVER compeat on an equal basis with the US I repeat the WOMENS soccer programs of the Carribeans will NEVER compete an an equal field with the US.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 01:36:51 PM »
oh I forgot to mentioned 32-0 goal differential

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2010, 01:51:52 PM »
lol this debate nice alluh dont stop pl :devil:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2010, 01:56:14 PM »
Here is my problem Elan Touches is not a lone horse he has voiced the TT attitude of most TT men. We devalue our women and the hopes that this culture of seeing our women as athletes and not sexual objects is not one that will be easily overcome if at all. Touches and men like him will never get up on a Saturday Morning after a long week of work and take his daughter to soccer practice. Touches and men like him will never take his paycheck and buy his daughter the latest adidias football shoes. It is not in him. I do believe that money that will allow our women to train in the USA for a few months out ofthe year would be beneficial. I do believe that a larger pool of players would give us an opportunity to find that young lady who will standup against men like touches and say I AM AN ATHLETE, I DO MATTER, AND HOPEFULLY THAT YOUNG LADIES FATHER WILL SEE HER AS AN ATHLETE, AND NOT A POTENTIAL WEDDING EXPENSE.

Well that is Touches, you cannot place that tag on all T&T men ( I still eh think Touches serious).

I have a vested interest in T&T women soccer. Why? My daughter is coming of age and is a very good footballer. She has the potential to play for a National team IF she continue at the rate she is developing. Right now we are holding her back from doing ODP up here although she has practiced  with a State ODP team and was technically and tactically more advanced that the player - who are older than her (she plays a year up) - on the state team.

Now I will love her to play for the R,W & Black however, with coaches likeCharles and Shabazz at the helm I don't think she will be playing. I know these guys MO.
Also the mentality that we small and have no money so we cannot beat or compete with the bigger countries don't sit well with me. I think we use that as excuses to not invest and put in place proper structures which will enable the women's program to develop. We have had the same coaches getting no results for over 2 decades now and we are good with that. See we use people who think like what Touches type as sheild from the greater issues. The implimentation of a proper structure with professional staffing who will be able to develop the prgoram into one that will be able to give a good showing on a local, regional and international stage.

I know Touches on here and he's just been mischeivous, he is a major supporter of ALL T&T football. The problems lies not in the lack of resources or player pool, but the lack of action by the Federation and Stakeholders (mainly players and parents) in investing a greater effort and sense of belief in what we have. The grass will always be greener, but we need to feed where we are tied and seek to adapt and overcome, enabling us to be successful in this area as we have done in the pass and continue to do in other areas of our country.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »
Elan you have reinforced my argument, from your statment it appears you say "up here" I assume you mean the US so your daughter is acquiring skills and a foundation in the same system that hopefully she will compete and be sucessful against. That my friend is my point. Our girls would benefit from training in this system.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2010, 02:59:06 PM »
Elan you have reinforced my argument, from your statment it appears you say "up here" I assume you mean the US so your daughter is acquiring skills and a foundation in the same system that hopefully she will compete and be sucessful against. That my friend is my point. Our girls would benefit from training in this system.

The location for us is null and void because if we were home it would be the same. Our aims and objectives would remain the same. We are not the people to allow environment (things we cannot control) to determine our outcome. We use what we have to get where we want to go.

We don't use the system up here with our daughter as we believe in a different development style. What we take from the system is the mentality. In terms of technique and tactics we have taken perspective from the Japanese, Brazilians and teh Americans. Calm, stylish and determined type player. Our players even when they come to college on full schol still cannot strike the ball properly, but coaches recognize this and work on it.

We need to do things differently with the females than we do with the males. That hoping for a good player. Not one person in T&T can tell the formula used to develop Latapy and Dwight Yorke, not one. You will hear that Latapy use to skip school and go strike ball with both feet etc. Noone can say we went from this step to this step, etc.

The females need to be produced, to be given a structured environment to assist them in putting out there best, to have a nucleus of professional advising and working with them. We have a very long way to go, but we can get there IF we actually take things seriously.

The US is not that difficult to beat, on the pitch. It's what goes on off the pitch with the US that defeats everyone. Oversimplifying here, with both men's and women's teams from the US you just isolate each of their players and play 1v1. The Brazilian women's team did it to them and tear them apart. You can only do this if yo take care of the off the field things. With us, our coaches still believe that coaching starts when the players take the pitch for practice or games.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »

The location for us is null and void because if we were home it would be the same. Our aims and objectives would remain the same. We are not the people to allow environment (things we cannot control) to determine our outcome. We use what we have to get where we want to go.

We don't use the system up here with our daughter as we believe in a different development style. What we take from the system is the mentality. In terms of technique and tactics we have taken perspective from the Japanese, Brazilians and teh Americans. Calm, stylish and determined type player. Our players even when they come to college on full schol still cannot strike the ball properly, but coaches recognize this and work on it.

We need to do things differently with the females than we do with the males. That hoping for a good player. Not one person in T&T can tell the formula used to develop Latapy and Dwight Yorke, not one. You will hear that Latapy use to skip school and go strike ball with both feet etc. Noone can say we went from this step to this step, etc.

The females need to be produced, to be given a structured environment to assist them in putting out there best, to have a nucleus of professional advising and working with them. We have a very long way to go, but we can get there IF we actually take things seriously.

The US is not that difficult to beat, on the pitch. It's what goes on off the pitch with the US that defeats everyone. Oversimplifying here, with both men's and women's teams from the US you just isolate each of their players and play 1v1. The Brazilian women's team did it to them and tear them apart. You can only do this if yo take care of the off the field things. With us, our coaches still believe that coaching starts when the players take the pitch for practice or games.

great post elan. u saying exactly what ive been trying to say all along. all this talk about player pool and resources...eleven vs eleven once prepared u will prevail...no matter how small the place you come from.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2010, 05:41:05 AM »
32 goals differential between the USA and the Caribbean teams.
 Gentleman I am amazed how you posters ignore simple math, and then make arguments that sound good, but ignore the cold hard facts.  Lets start with this silly statment of there is only 11 players on the field. That Statment ignores the fact that the 11 the US puts on the field was cull down from about 50000 girls. the 11 that some island teams put on the field is sometimes not a result of culling players being looking to even find players ie the U-15 tryingto find a goalie. If you can not see the failure in your 11 v. 11 hypothesis I would suggest a remedial math class. but we should all know enough math to tell the difference between the number 32 and the number 0. The next fault in your argument about the 11 v. 11 is that in the average game there is seldom more than 3 minutes in which a team can not make a substitution, so the bench in soccer is as important as the bench in basketball. The USA bench is culled from these same approx 50000 girls, Mosat island teams show a considerable drop off after they go to the bench. 32 goals for 0 against
The next is your preparation argument. The average US National team member has been playing since age 5 some as young as age 4 if they were to turn five during the upcoming season. They will have many of them moved into a premier league by age 11 depending on what part of the country they live in, they will play about 10 games a year in their league play, another 10 games when they go indoors another 10 to 12 games in school ball. if they advance to ODP this will add an additional 6 to 8 games a year. approx 10 scrimmages a year. Most will practice 2 to 3 times a week. This is just the bewginning of their preparation. You make preparation sound like it occurs during the time period a few months before a world cup. The US player has been preparing for this moment since she was 4 years old. The average island girls had not even started to play any type of organized soccer until age 12 for most. Some of the girls on an National Teams do not have decent football shoes to put on. Some showed up for tryouts without shin guards they did not own any. Preparation gentleman occures long before a player shows up for their first tryout for a national team. Any response that starts with the words "up here" is useless we are not up here, we are in TT. The are more girls u-17 teams getting ready to play in the upcoming Jefferson Cup tournament in virginia, than exist on every carribean island. So stop talking about "up here" as if it could so easily be duplicated "down here"  Gentleman continue to ignore the power of resources in your responses. I will just continue to remind you the score was 32- 0 against every island team they faced. 32-0    32- 0    32- 0   32- 0   32- 0    32-0   

oh I forgot to remind you " 15 million" that is the number of kids who play soccer in the US that my friend is a resource not to be ignored.

Until we take our  island women to the US and allowed them to train in that system, play against that level of competition when ever possible. we will continue to lose to it. one thing before I go 32-0

1]; } ?>