April 25, 2024, 09:46:45 AM

Author Topic: U.S. U-17 women beat Haiti 9-0, then offer hugs  (Read 12540 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. U-17 women beat Haiti 9-0, then offer hugs
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2010, 06:09:30 AM »
I am sorry that I posted the US goal differential because now we can't get triplethreat32-0 to stop talking about it. :devil:

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2010, 06:24:01 AM »
32 goals differential between the USA and the Caribbean teams.
 Gentleman I am amazed how you posters ignore simple math, and then make arguments that sound good, but ignore the cold hard facts.  Lets start with this silly statment of there is only 11 players on the field. That Statment ignores the fact that the 11 the US puts on the field was cull down from about 50000 girls. the 11 that some island teams put on the field is sometimes not a result of culling players being looking to even find players ie the U-15 tryingto find a goalie. If you can not see the failure in your 11 v. 11 hypothesis I would suggest a remedial math class. but we should all know enough math to tell the difference between the number 32 and the number 0. The next fault in your argument about the 11 v. 11 is that in the average game there is seldom more than 3 minutes in which a team can not make a substitution, so the bench in soccer is as important as the bench in basketball. The USA bench is culled from these same approx 50000 girls, Mosat island teams show a considerable drop off after they go to the bench. 32 goals for 0 against
The next is your preparation argument. The average US National team member has been playing since age 5 some as young as age 4 if they were to turn five during the upcoming season. They will have many of them moved into a premier league by age 11 depending on what part of the country they live in, they will play about 10 games a year in their league play, another 10 games when they go indoors another 10 to 12 games in school ball. if they advance to ODP this will add an additional 6 to 8 games a year. approx 10 scrimmages a year. Most will practice 2 to 3 times a week. This is just the bewginning of their preparation. You make preparation sound like it occurs during the time period a few months before a world cup. The US player has been preparing for this moment since she was 4 years old. The average island girls had not even started to play any type of organized soccer until age 12 for most. Some of the girls on an National Teams do not have decent football shoes to put on. Some showed up for tryouts without shin guards they did not own any. Preparation gentleman occures long before a player shows up for their first tryout for a national team. Any response that starts with the words "up here" is useless we are not up here, we are in TT. The are more girls u-17 teams getting ready to play in the upcoming Jefferson Cup tournament in virginia, than exist on every carribean island. So stop talking about "up here" as if it could so easily be duplicated "down here"  Gentleman continue to ignore the power of resources in your responses. I will just continue to remind you the score was 32- 0 against every island team they faced. 32-0    32- 0    32- 0   32- 0   32- 0    32-0   

oh I forgot to remind you " 15 million" that is the number of kids who play soccer in the US that my friend is a resource not to be ignored.

Until we take our  island women to the US and allowed them to train in that system, play against that level of competition when ever possible. we will continue to lose to it. one thing before I go 32-0

listen nobody has said that the caribbean teams are prepared right now to compete on the level of the US. So your 32-0 argument is proving nothing at the moment. We all know what level the two teams are at and from what i have seen no one here has tried to dispute that. What most of us are all up in arms over is your negative comment about having the US pull out of concacaf and qualify through some other means. that's the problem with all that you have said. so continuoulsy pointing out the obvious while ignoring the idiot statement you made prior isnt making you look any more intelligent. Why dont you discuss your prior statement of the US leaving concacaf? that's the issue that has drawn your critics...including me. we all know the current state of affairs...those who know football that is!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 06:30:56 AM by fordy »
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2010, 07:00:21 AM »
It is not a negative comment it is one you disagree with, because you disagree with me Does not mean your position is NEGATIVE just different than mine.  In a legal or political argument if you can define your opponents position as negative, you are half way to winning the battle. So first my position is not NEGATIVE it is just different than yours. Second I see the US  continued placement in Concacaf nothing more than the island teams being donkeys with a carrot being dangled in front of them, they will plow the fields in hopes of reachingthat carrot that can never be reached. Concacaf has been an automatic bid to any tournament for the the US women's soccer program, they have NEVER NEVER NEVER face the threat or possibility of elimination, in fact they measure there success not by wins and losses but rather by goal differential. I did not need anyone to give me the 32-0 goal differential it is there on the FIFA site cant miss it. As for the reason for removing the USA IS THAT I BELIEVE THAT  ONE OF THE KEYS TO BUILDING A SUCESSFUL PROGRAM IS NOT COMPEATING IN A QUALIFYING ROUND BUT ACTULLY GETTING TO THE WORLD CUP. TT STILL TALKS PROUDLY ABOUT OUR 2006 LIMITED SUCESS AND IT HELPED TT MENS SOCCER GREATLY IT PUT US ON WORLD STAGE.  A women's island team that make it to the WC would likewise benefit in ways that will only help the program after all success breeds success, failure breeds failure. I believe that if the island girls know that they have a REAL chance of getting to the WC even if they lost the first round for a few years, they will at least be motivated in this success  and it will breed even a greater effort by each country to go further the next time. The limited success that an island team may achieve at qualifiers never seems to carry any coat tails of success, but TTs one time appearance in men's soccer is still a source of great pride. That having been said the disparity between Island men's soccer and the US is not as great as the disparity between island women's soccer and the US, and the truth of the matter is our women are suffering because of our Macho ignorant ways.  Jamaica men's soccer is not successful on any WORLD STAGE yet their women's program was cut not it's men's, yet what have they really done. So before you say this is an island problem and not a US problem, let me ask you would soccer  at the WC women's  level benefit from every participant having a REAL chance to at least  to make into the WC ,I say Yes. I dream of the day when a little girl in Antiqua or TT runs across her back yard pretending to wear the colors  of her country pretending to score the winning goal in a WC game this is not even a reality in her world under the present system. I believe that the presence of the US in CONCOCAF stiffens the dreams of too many women island soccer players, and that women's soccer as a whole would benefit from seeing a bunch of dark skinned ,short hair or long LOL beautiful black island women kicking a ball on the internation stage it would bring these women to the international community and bring these international community to these women. The idea that any island team will ever succeed against the US under the present system is not Realistic. I believe that success has a better chance if the girls know that a chance to compete on a world stage depends on their efforts against similar situated participants that change will foster a grass roots level of participation and support. I guess the best I can describe it is that if a fish is put in a small tank he Will stay small in a big tank he will grow large. US prevents the islands from ever seeing that large tank.

It is okay to disagree with me ,I will not allow you to classify my position as negative without a challenge. 

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2010, 07:44:23 AM »
It is not a negative comment it is one you disagree with, because you disagree with me Does not mean your position is NEGATIVE just different than mine.  In a legal or political argument if you can define your opponents position as negative, you are half way to winning the battle. So first my position is not NEGATIVE it is just different than yours. Second I see the US  continued placement in Concacaf nothing more than the island teams being donkeys with a carrot being dangled in front of them, they will plow the fields in hopes of reachingthat carrot that can never be reached. Concacaf has been an automatic bid to any tournament for the the US women's soccer program, they have NEVER NEVER NEVER face the threat or possibility of elimination, in fact they measure there success not by wins and losses but rather by goal differential. I did not need anyone to give me the 32-0 goal differential it is there on the FIFA site cant miss it. As for the reason for removing the USA IS THAT I BELIEVE THAT  ONE OF THE KEYS TO BUILDING A SUCESSFUL PROGRAM IS NOT COMPEATING IN A QUALIFYING ROUND BUT ACTULLY GETTING TO THE WORLD CUP. TT STILL TALKS PROUDLY ABOUT OUR 2006 LIMITED SUCESS AND IT HELPED TT MENS SOCCER GREATLY IT PUT US ON WORLD STAGE.  A women's island team that make it to the WC would likewise benefit in ways that will only help the program after all success breeds success, failure breeds failure. I believe that if the island girls know that they have a REAL chance of getting to the WC even if they lost the first round for a few years, they will at least be motivated in this success  and it will breed even a greater effort by each country to go further the next time. The limited success that an island team may achieve at qualifiers never seems to carry any coat tails of success, but TTs one time appearance in men's soccer is still a source of great pride. That having been said the disparity between Island men's soccer and the US is not as great as the disparity between island women's soccer and the US, and the truth of the matter is our women are suffering because of our Macho ignorant ways.  Jamaica men's soccer is not successful on any WORLD STAGE yet their women's program was cut not it's men's, yet what have they really done. So before you say this is an island problem and not a US problem, let me ask you would soccer  at the WC women's  level benefit from every participant having a REAL chance to at least  to make into the WC ,I say Yes. I dream of the day when a little girl in Antiqua or TT runs across her back yard pretending to wear the colors  of her country pretending to score the winning goal in a WC game this is not even a reality in her world under the present system. I believe that the presence of the US in CONCOCAF stiffens the dreams of too many women island soccer players, and that women's soccer as a whole would benefit from seeing a bunch of dark skinned ,short hair or long LOL beautiful black island women kicking a ball on the internation stage it would bring these women to the international community and bring these international community to these women. The idea that any island team will ever succeed against the US under the present system is not Realistic. I believe that success has a better chance if the girls know that a chance to compete on a world stage depends on their efforts against similar situated participants that change will foster a grass roots level of participation and support. I guess the best I can describe it is that if a fish is put in a small tank he Will stay small in a big tank he will grow large. US prevents the islands from ever seeing that large tank.

It is okay to disagree with me ,I will not allow you to classify my position as negative without a challenge. 

What was negative about your comment is saying that since we cant beat the US then remove them from competition. That's negative thinking IMO. If you cant beat them put things in place so you better prepared to beat them the next tournament.

If you read my previous post you would see that I mentioned one of the biggest obstacles we face in the caribbean is our society. Culturally we have never guided our females into soccer. The trend has slightly changed since our world cup participation but no where close to where it needs to be for us to be competitive. On top of that, even if the societal trend changes, we do not have the infrustructure in place to give our ladies quality coaching and development. My argument is instead of asking the US to leave, how about putting things in place in the region to help them get over that hurdle. Any young female reading your post could never have the self belief to win anything against the likes of the US because, as you put it, they bigger and better than we. That's negative!

You mention that success brings success. In some regard I agree with you. However, for success to bring success you have to build on the previous success by identifying the previous failures. Prime example our men's team. Make it in 2006 and failed to build on that successful tidal wave, failed to fix the failuers we endured during that campaign, and was horrible during our last campaign. So it would not make much sense to have the womens team qualify for a world cup every four years and lose every game. That's not progression..that status quo! It seems you are quite passionate about the development of the womens game and i applaud u for that, but dont cripple our sisters by saying take the big team out of our region. Help yuh sistrens by changing the cultural thinking of our people and make plans to put the proper programs in place to make them succeed against the likes of the US.

Your idea of having our girls travel to the US for a training regime is not a bad one, especially since we dont have anything that can come close to it at home. But eventually if we are going to compete with them, we need to have our own and develop it to their level. Thats the only way we will prevail! Not to run from them...but confront them...once we are fully prepared however! :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 07:55:43 AM »
To be honest, the US and Mex.? would be arse-holes to leave CONCACAF just to get "better" competition. Why would they want to do that. If Oceania had an automatic spot to the WC, you think Aussie would have gone to the Asia group. Look, we in the Caribbean lack two basic things, resources and administrators who needs to put the interests of the game and the players before their own. At this juncture everything else is mute.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:20 AM »
That's right keep telling me I am wrong while the scores continue to come in 32 goals for 0 goals against.

Lets blame every Caribbean coach, every Caribbean girl who plays soccer, every Caribbean style of play. I am wrong you folks are all correct we just need to focus on the things that we can control and one day one of the islands will score a single goal on the USA and we will all rejoice at how we have come a long way.

I apologize for being so negative and focusing on other things, that you folks disagree with. I will try to think more like you NY and so I will find some sort of solice in the 32 goal differential OH WAIT, I know,  I can placate myself with the fact that it could have been 40 goals to nil.

It is good that we continue to offer our young ladies up as feed for the USA. It will built strnght it is nothing like having a young lady lose a game 9-0 and have the other team console her after the game think of the photo ops and character this young lady has just experienced,. and a troucing of the costa rica team will also teach those uyoung ladies a lesson in humility it was silly of me not to realize how important it was to focus on the THINGS WE CAN CONTROL.  i am now upset that Jamaica has chosen to not continue the womens soccewr program because of a few losses and no hope of ever competing after all it just means they have given up, they should do what you all suggest FOCUS ON THOSE THINGS THEY CAN CONTROL.  AS LONG AS WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT

Well i know i am youngster compared to most, but When we were beaten by any score as close to those in the games played by the U.S; yes it did bring you down but I had a great coach who said any game that you can learn something from is a good game. We learned alot, made us much hungrier which is what these girls need and i hope these games wake them up to reality that if you want get with the pitbull mentality and own it. Watching the few games i was able to watch, they gave them too much space, don't know why CI played such a high defense with the speed of the U.S, zero pressure on some of the players, i don't know if they even have faith in their team mates to cover their positions for them. Its just making the group with the U.S look like a shoe in. The only thing that can be done is how to make a negative a positive, benefit and improve on the mistakes individually and collectively because this is the part where mental fortitude is probably needed the most.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2010, 09:31:37 AM »
So if the U.S is to leave their confederation like the Aussies did, would you suggest tehy play in Conmebol then? And also what are you thoughts on the abilities of the Mexican and Canadian teams? Would you or would not suggest that they leave Concacaf also and why?

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2010, 09:38:05 AM »
this is the u-17 women's site at no time was I speaking of the men's division It is okay to disagree with my position but first make sure you understand my position. The women's soccer programs in the Caribbean islands will NEVER compeat on an equal basis with the US I repeat the WOMENS soccer programs of the Carribeans will NEVER compete an an equal field with the US.

What about the women's program in Honduras, Panama, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Costa Rica because they are Concacaf also and the us did rip CR 10-0 so please don't leave the Central Americans out of the Analysis also.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »
32 goals differential between the USA and the Caribbean teams.
 Gentleman I am amazed how you posters ignore simple math, and then make arguments that sound good, but ignore the cold hard facts.  Lets start with this silly statment of there is only 11 players on the field. That Statment ignores the fact that the 11 the US puts on the field was cull down from about 50000 girls. the 11 that some island teams put on the field is sometimes not a result of culling players being looking to even find players ie the U-15 tryingto find a goalie. If you can not see the failure in your 11 v. 11 hypothesis I would suggest a remedial math class. but we should all know enough math to tell the difference between the number 32 and the number 0. The next fault in your argument about the 11 v. 11 is that in the average game there is seldom more than 3 minutes in which a team can not make a substitution, so the bench in soccer is as important as the bench in basketball. The USA bench is culled from these same approx 50000 girls, Mosat island teams show a considerable drop off after they go to the bench. 32 goals for 0 against
The next is your preparation argument. The average US National team member has been playing since age 5 some as young as age 4 if they were to turn five during the upcoming season. They will have many of them moved into a premier league by age 11 depending on what part of the country they live in, they will play about 10 games a year in their league play, another 10 games when they go indoors another 10 to 12 games in school ball. if they advance to ODP this will add an additional 6 to 8 games a year. approx 10 scrimmages a year. Most will practice 2 to 3 times a week. This is just the bewginning of their preparation. You make preparation sound like it occurs during the time period a few months before a world cup. The US player has been preparing for this moment since she was 4 years old. The average island girls had not even started to play any type of organized soccer until age 12 for most. Some of the girls on an National Teams do not have decent football shoes to put on. Some showed up for tryouts without shin guards they did not own any. Preparation gentleman occures long before a player shows up for their first tryout for a national team. Any response that starts with the words "up here" is useless we are not up here, we are in TT. The are more girls u-17 teams getting ready to play in the upcoming Jefferson Cup tournament in virginia, than exist on every carribean island. So stop talking about "up here" as if it could so easily be duplicated "down here"  Gentleman continue to ignore the power of resources in your responses. I will just continue to remind you the score was 32- 0 against every island team they faced. 32-0    32- 0    32- 0   32- 0   32- 0    32-0   

oh I forgot to remind you " 15 million" that is the number of kids who play soccer in the US that my friend is a resource not to be ignored.

Until we take our  island women to the US and allowed them to train in that system, play against that level of competition when ever possible. we will continue to lose to it. one thing before I go 32-0

at this point i probably feel like a thistle, but if its the case with demolishing the U.S why not send them to brazil to train with thier teams since the competition and tactical awareness would have been pounded into them by Dunga's selection of coaches.  BTw Dunga will be free of the Seleaccio after this WC maybe we can get him.......

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2010, 10:08:03 AM »

A women's island team that make it to the WC would likewise benefit in ways that will only help the program after all success breeds success, failure breeds failure.

Does this mean a team of women from an island, or a team from an island of nothing but women?
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2010, 10:11:12 AM »
Triples when you have a minute take a peek at the recent CONCACAF U-20 Qualifiers. These are just some of the things that can happen when you FOCUS ON THE THINGS YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER. USA, MEXICO AND COSTA RICA qualified for the U-2O World cup. Canada was knocked out after being one of the qualifiers for the previous U-20 World Cup. Thank God these teams didn't take your defeatest approach that they could not compete against or beat the US. Our organization and athleticism was the difference at this event. Mexico and Costa were formidable opponents. Some of these games were so close and it was clear that they were better than us in many areas of the game even though we won the event.

Don't try and flip the switch on what I was referring to as well trying to make it look as though I was blaming every Carribean coach and player. When I first referred to the statement "focus on the things you have control over" I was actually giving props to the other CONCACAF countries like Costa Rica, Mexico and Canada. These are countries that have been trying to maximize the most of what they have and as a result they have been experiencing some success not just in CONCACAF but on the world stage. Some of these young soccer nations just need to make sure that they are doing the very best job with what they have available to them.  

Canada was the reigning CONCACAF champions after defeating the US up until this year. There was a time when the US youth teams would blow out Canada and Mexico on CONSISTENT BASIS. They have since closed the gap. With money and great numbers to draw from you still need quality coaches to work with them and you still need to put a plan in place. You keep making the point about numbers and money being that thing that makes the US youth national teams so powerful. Even though they are definitely factors you just don't know the planning, organization and preparation that goes into the product we put on the field.

Just to get players ready to play in Trini in 2008 for the U17 World Cup qualifiers we took potential players for the national team to various tours in the Caribbean three years prior to get them acclimatized. Just to put on a 7 day summer camp for some of our elite players in July. The planning and preparation is done 8 months in advance. You should know that players are produced in cycles. Each country over time will have their moments as they continue to develop their young players. With money and great numbers to draw from you still need quality coaches to work with them and you still need to put a plan in place. You need to set realistic goals etc.

One of our ODP teams is in Russia right now. Its a tournament we have never won or made it to the finals and yet we send a team there each time. We get so much out of the event which we then take and use to make our present and future players better and ready for the full national team. Because brother at the end of the day all these youth teams are there to help produce payers for their respective senior national teams.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2010, 10:25:52 AM »
Wow Andre Desantos great insight as a young warrior. The insight of the game you speak of when we played CI is spot on. As I sat and watched the game I too wondered why they were playing with such a high restraining line with no pressure on the ball. On the corner kicks I was also wondering why they sent 1 defender against 2 or sometimes they didn't get their quick enough. Meh boy triples try to down play my statement of focus on what you have control over. Even though it was not my intent at the time to show up the coaching I had seen to date. i am sure the 13 they got from us could have been prevented. I will make a case using your simple analysis. If I was coaching CI which I am not(so relax triples) I would have played with a low restraining line 15 yards from the 18 yard box. instead of pushing up as high as they did which made it easy for us to find seams to either play balls through or to initiate runs through to receive passes. At the same time they were not compact enough when they were defending. I would have made sure of that as well. Then to top it off I would have talked to them about their support around the ball to maintain possession. Because they were coughing up the ball quite easy which sustained our attacks.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
Triples when you have a minute take a peek at the recent CONCACAF U-20 Qualifiers. These are just some of the things that can happen when you FOCUS ON THE THINGS YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER. USA, MEXICO AND COSTA RICA qualified for the U-2O World cup. Canada was knocked out after being one of the qualifiers for the previous U-20 World Cup. Thank God these teams didn't take your defeatest approach that they could not compete against or beat the US. Our organization and athleticism was the difference at this event. Mexico and Costa were formidable opponents. Some of these games were so close and it was clear that they were better than us in many areas of the game even though we won the event.

Don't try and flip the switch on what I was referring to as well trying to make it look as though I was blaming every Carribean coach and player. When I first referred to the statement "focus on the things you have control over" I was actually giving props to the other CONCACAF countries like Costa Rica, Mexico and Canada. These are countries that have been trying to maximize the most of what they have and as a result they have been experiencing some success not just in CONCACAF but on the world stage. Some of these young soccer nations just need to make sure that they are doing the very best job with what they have available to them.  

Canada was the reigning CONCACAF champions after defeating the US up until this year. There was a time when the US youth teams would blow out Canada and Mexico on CONSISTENT BASIS. They have since closed the gap. With money and great numbers to draw from you still need quality coaches to work with them and you still need to put a plan in place. You keep making the point about numbers and money being that thing that makes the US youth national teams so powerful. Even though they are definitely factors you just don't know the planning, organization and preparation that goes into the product we put on the field.

Just to get players ready to play in Trini in 2008 for the U17 World Cup qualifiers we took potential players for the national team to various tours in the Caribbean three years prior to get them acclimatized. Just to put on a 7 day summer camp for some of our elite players in July. The planning and preparation is done 8 months in advance. You should know that players are produced in cycles. Each country over time will have their moments as they continue to develop their young players. With money and great numbers to draw from you still need quality coaches to work with them and you still need to put a plan in place. You need to set realistic goals etc.

One of our ODP teams is in Russia right now. Its a tournament we have never won or made it to the finals and yet we send a team there each time. We get so much out of the event which we then take and use to make our present and future players better and ready for the full national team. Because brother at the end of the day all these youth teams are there to help produce payers for their respective senior national teams.

First you call my position a "defeatest" position so your attempis not to have a real conversation or even allow some one a differnt point of view it is only to say that you are right I am wrong and no one should have a differnt opinion than yours okay they you maintain your position I will maintain mine 32-0 no further discussion on this matter appears to be necessary because i am a defeatest and you are an expert on all thing soccer   oh yea i forgot, 32-0

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2010, 02:14:49 PM »
First you call my position a "defeatest" position so your attempis not to have a real conversation or even allow some one a differnt point of view it is only to say that you are right I am wrong and no one should have a differnt opinion than yours okay they you maintain your position I will maintain mine 32-0 no further discussion on this matter appears to be necessary because i am a defeatest and you are an expert on all thing soccer   oh yea i forgot, 32-0

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »
correct is right

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2010, 11:15:43 AM »
pssst triple threat where is your team now ?  :rotfl:

Always keep your words soft and tender in case you have to eat them.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
pssst triple threat where is your team now ?  :rotfl:

Always keep your words soft and tender in case you have to eat them.

has he posted since then?

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2010, 07:20:18 PM »
Gentleman if you think the USAs lost to another North American team somehow strengthens your argument than you have failed to understand my point. The fact that the US loss to another North American Large country has nothing to do with my argument. Not ONCE NOT ONCE did I ever mentioned CANADA as being harmed by USAS position in our conference i mentioned the islands go back and read my post

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »
Gentleman if you think the USAs lost to another North American team somehow strengthens your argument than you have failed to understand my point. The fact that the US loss to another North American Large country has nothing to do with my argument. Not ONCE NOT ONCE did I ever mentioned CANADA as being harmed by USAS position in our conference i mentioned the islands go back and read my post

He is baaaaccck  :violin:

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2010, 10:29:07 PM »
It ceratinly does strengthen the argument. However,given that Canada is a large country with much resources and talent pool as is Mexico, then they may also have to leave Concacaf for any of the Island teams to have a chance. The point that is being made is that by any of these countries moving out of Concacaf, that does not corelate to the improved soccer in the islands...you will still have poor planning and preparations; small talent pool to draw from; poor coaching/ tactical and technical development etc. USA, CANADA AND MEXICO out of Concacaf will only improve the chances of qualification for the weaker teams. So now T&T could be the big dogs, because they does drop 12 and 17 goals on the smaller islands then talk about how they are ready to take on USA.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2010, 02:25:01 AM »
i never mentioned Mexico I never mentioned Canada, if you want to re fut my argument, then you must refute what I said. You throw in Mexico and Canada to reinforce your argument, the problem is I NEVER  I NEVER said Mexico and Canada, my argument is and will continue to be that

THE SMALL CARRIBEAN ISLANDS WILL NOT BENEFIT FROM BEING IN A CONFERENCE WITH THE USA. THAT IS MY ARGUMENT, NOT CANADA, NOT MEXICO, CARRIBEAN ISLANDS AND USA DO NOT BELONG IN SAME CONFERENCE.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2010, 02:27:39 AM »
just so it is clear, the USA And Caribbean island teams do not belong in same conference

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2010, 03:04:24 AM »
just so it is clear, the USA And Caribbean island teams do not belong in same conference

What the f**k is a "conference" where football (or, I guess, "soccer", for you) is concerned?  How is it determined what country belongs in which "conference"?  Asshole, go f**k yourslef somewhere in a corner nuh! Typical f**kin' domb-ass american!!  I really don't know why y'all entertaining this prick.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:13:16 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2010, 03:27:49 AM »
  :o

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2010, 06:49:28 AM »
i never mentioned Mexico I never mentioned Canada, if you want to re fut my argument, then you must refute what I said. You throw in Mexico and Canada to reinforce your argument, the problem is I NEVER  I NEVER said Mexico and Canada, my argument is and will continue to be that

THE SMALL CARRIBEAN ISLANDS WILL NOT BENEFIT FROM BEING IN A CONFERENCE WITH THE USA. THAT IS MY ARGUMENT, NOT CANADA, NOT MEXICO, CARRIBEAN ISLANDS AND USA DO NOT BELONG IN SAME CONFERENCE.

By your logic,
              then Luxenbourg, Malta, cyprus should not be in the Euro group. They does get mucho licks but they still prodding along. I don't hear people saying those countries should drop out of the Euro zone. And by the way Cyprus has improved tremendously. They gave the Italians a run for their money in WC qualifications. They use to be one of the doormats of Euro. You may not want to believe it, but they are taken seriously now.

Look, the islanders will benefit from being in the Concacaf group. For them to advance they will HAVE TO improve. Their individual FAs will have to figure that out with help for their owngovt, business, their diaspora and technical help from outside(FiFa, etc). The US has the organization and MONEY. YEs MONEY to do things we islanders dream about doing. The US, Canada, Mex, send their yutes to summer tournaments in Europe. Ask Jack to do that, nah, We just don't  have that type of resources. That is a plain and simple fact.

Your premise about the US and the islanders not being in the same group is bordering on arrogance. Sorry!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:51:19 AM by Deeks »

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2010, 06:57:19 AM »
women's soccer please go back and read my original post "women's soccer "  "women's soccer" women's soccer 

"Caribbean islands  and USA". If you bring the men into it or any other country except the USA and Caribbean islands you are not addressing what I say is the problem

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2010, 07:16:15 AM »
http://www.cypruswomenscup.com/

they cant even make their own tournament.

womens rankings
http://www.rankfootball.com/women.html

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
I pity the fool....

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2010, 07:25:43 AM »
LOL...Touches I'm not getting back into this argument with tripple's again. I think I've said enough. For tripple's sake I hope Jack read his post and send USA, Mexico and canada out of Concacaf, allow Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados qualify for a World Tournament for as many times as possible and get 8 and 10 in those tournaments every time they qualify...just so people like tripples can say well we qualify. Stupes!

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2010, 08:05:41 AM »
Well can we infer from your exclusion od USA only, that the island women's teams are good enough to compete and beat Mexico and Canada? If you think so, then I conclude that you don't understand the dynamics of what is lacking in women's football other than having a smaller pool of players to select from.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

1]; } ?>