March 29, 2024, 12:08:50 AM

Author Topic: U.S. U-17 women beat Haiti 9-0, then offer hugs  (Read 12404 times)

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. U-17 women beat Haiti 9-0, then offer hugs
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2010, 08:31:38 AM »
fordy you find one post where I said Mexico and Canada should be out I will send 1000.oo to your favorite charity. Stop mixing my argument up I SAID USA USA USA USA USA.

Mexico and Canada can stay in  it still gives one of the small island tams a chance     USA ,USA USA is the team I belive should be moved

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2010, 08:33:48 AM »
CK1 I know what is missing, all of those other things can be fixed,  What can never be fixed is the size of the pool though trini men are trying to catch up, just not enough trini women willing to help

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2010, 08:34:19 AM »
fordy you find one post where I said Mexico and Canada should be out I will send 1000.oo to your favorite charity. Stop mixing my argument up I SAID USA USA USA USA USA.

Mexico and Canada can stay in  it still gives one of the small island tams a chance     USA ,USA USA is the team I belive should be moved

LOL...aight tripples i hear yuh! This is too funny!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2010, 08:53:53 AM »
Triples there are some coaches I can name that if given the womens program for 2 -3 years and let them put their structure in place T&T will beat the USA at the youth level and within 5-7 years to beat the senior team. And nnyman18 is one of them.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2010, 09:40:14 AM »
okay do it :-[

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2010, 11:06:56 AM »
Triples there are some coaches I can name that if given the womens program for 2 -3 years and let them put their structure in place T&T will beat the USA at the youth level and within 5-7 years to beat the senior team. And nnyman18 is one of them.

Believe me I do not mean this in any disrespectful way, but this is a tall order. Consider the fact that major countries with a tradition in women's football & huge investments, have struggled to achieve what you are proposing. France and Italy (As examples) have invested in 10 year programs, with France mimicing Clairefontaine for women and though they made a dent, are struggling to make headway. It's way more than simply coaching. Presently, the U17 coach has had players in full training since January 09 and the proof will be in September for these young players.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
women's soccer please go back and read my original post "women's soccer "  "women's soccer" women's soccer 

"Caribbean islands  and USA". If you bring the men into it or any other country except the USA and Caribbean islands you are not addressing what I say is the problem

Ok, Ok. I now realise you still on the women's issue. Yes the gap between the US and the Islander is huge. I don't see that gap closing soon. Unless the associations in each island decides to put MONEY into their women's program. They barely have for the men, so the women will ALWAYS get the short end. With the exception of women track in JA, women sports in Caribbean is not taken seriously. There are exceptions for some individuals, but by and large women sports get short changed.

The Caribbean will continue to get hammered by the socalled big 1. But they will stay in CONCACAF. That is their region. They will have the prelims for the weaklins. The winner of the weaklins will go North to play and  will get spanked until they get it right. When? Maybe 2020? Maybe never?

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »
CK1 I know what is missing, all of those other things can be fixed,  What can never be fixed is the size of the pool though trini men are trying to catch up, just not enough trini women willing to help
I'm trying to understand your position because it does not appear to be automatic that if the US is not in the region that the island teams will be good enough to beat Mexico, Canada and even some of the Central American team. If ALL the other things are fixed, then I believe that even with a small player pool(pool is much bigger with quality beyond the island boarders) you can gain enough ground to be competitive with the US and beat them. There are things some of us are aware of in this equation that I think you are missing or not privy to. Ask some of the players in the senior team who have played in the US College system if they think with a proper programing and financial support and coaching if they think they can compete and win against the top teams in Concacaf. You may be very suprised at the answers you get. The US , Canada and Mexico never take the Trinidad and Jamica teams lightely and they prepare hard for them as any other opponent; it is our people who don't think we can compete and therefore have a defeatist approach towards these competitions. If the federation does the same for women's football as they did for the men, you'll see how much of a difference it will make. If nnyman 18 coaching and directing women's football is no way we getting that kind of licks !!! The fact is that you are happy satisfied with where the women's game is and therefore you don't really want to see any real significant changes made. Look at the things the English FA did for their women's programs and see how much improvement have been made in the last 5 years. Look and see what the Dutch have recently implemented,(they did not have a big player pool either), but they introduced programs to get more girls playing. How many girls at U-15 are playing netball??? that is where you will find your goalkeepers How many are running track???that's where the player pool comes from.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2010, 04:59:58 PM »

Not enough women playing sports, period. or they cut short their sport career because of other things. I agree with you on that one.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:33:55 PM by Deeks »

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2010, 05:22:23 PM »
Well Fellas I appreciate your confidence in me as a potential coach that can get it done. But as we all know there are many gifted coaches out there with ties to Trini. I will make my point and move on because I have come to the conclusion that triples is a brother who just will never get it. With the information i am privy to his arguments are quite arsenine. I am getting ready to return to the US after spending the past week on the campus of the Spanish Federation. As I spent time with some of the best coaches in La Liga from Real Madrid and Getafe just to name a few, and the Spanish national team I realize how far behind we are in the US and even further behind in Trinidad. As i watched their women's coaches worked with their full and youth national teams I couldn't help but feel we could be further ahead as a US national youth team program.Triples where was the rest of the world when US won the world cup in 1999. In the same breath where were the Costa Ricans, Mexican and Canadian and Trinidad youth Women's national teams in 1999. The first three have made strides and the Trini is still where they were for the most part. As i listened to the Spanish coaches I heard about their limitations but I also heard about focusing on the things they have control over. I would agree that many of the Caribbean women's team are behind. my question to you is are they doing the very best to maximise what they have control over. If they have taken the route trini has taken then I would say no. The last time I checked Mexico, Canada and Costa Rica are in the CONCACAF. I know they make the most of of what they have and they have experienced many successes. In due time if the other countries in the Caribbean follow suit they will have their day in the sun. Could you imagine where football would be today if the regions of the world too your advice.

I would love to stay and chat with you brother but I will only be wasting my time. I have a plane to catch and some serious work to attend to. We just got our ass kicked by Canada and for the first time we have not qualified for a women's youth world cup. It is my hope that this is a wake cup call for our federation. The US are no longer the big dogs at the youth levels. I am happy for those CONCACAF teams that are headed to the World Cup. I am glad there federations didn't take your approach many years ago when it seemed like the most logical thing to do.I wish you all the best brother. I will try my best to stay away from you. I have players to identify and develop moving forward. Hopefully one day you will realize that your argument is baseless.

Let me share a little secret with you. I wish we had some of the players Trini have in our program here in the US. The women's team with strong men's programs are the ones who are making strides in women's football right now. When you have a minute check that out. They mimic the men and they assume some of their characteristics. We have always depended on structure/organization, speed and athleticism and from time to time we develop a couple special players who can get it done. Some of these Trini girls are so game savvy and technically gifted. I pray and hope that you are one of a kind. Your way of thinking will just destroy the women's game. You know what lets take your advice brakes the Caribbean teams from getting 10 in CONCACAF so they could get 15 in the world cup.

I wish you well Triples
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2010, 05:40:40 PM »

What the f**k is a "conference" where football (or, I guess, "soccer", for you) is concerned?  How is it determined what country belongs in which "conference"?  Asshole, go f**k yourslef somewhere in a corner nuh! Typical f**kin' domb-ass american!!  I really don't know why y'all entertaining this prick.

Stop holding back and tell us how you really feel nuh...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »

Let me share a little secret with you. I wish we had some of the players Trini have in our program here in the US. The women's team with strong men's programs are the ones who are making strides in women's football right now. When you have a minute check that out. They mimic the men and they assume some of their characteristics. We have always depended on structure/organization, speed and athleticism and from time to time we develop a couple special players who can get it done. Some of these Trini girls are so game savvy and technically gifted. I pray and hope that you are one of a kind. Your way of thinking will just destroy the women's game. You know what lets take your advice brakes the Caribbean teams from getting 10 in CONCACAF so they could get 15 in the world cup.

I wish you well Triples

Football brain difficult to come by with women footballers especially.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2010, 07:08:01 PM »
nnyman18  Just a couple of questions to indulge me if you may. Off the bat I am not very familiar with
womens football, but I do follow the games. My question to you, which is a debate you may be aware of.
Is the fact that the US has moved towards big strong players in the National set up and have ignored the
the technical players. Is this true in your opinion? Certainly to my untrained eye they have no players with
the technical quality of Michelle Akers, Carin Jennings, Hamm. I guess my question is. Is it a selection issue, or player development issue?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2010, 08:49:30 AM »
Observer I am glad you raised that point because I will share with you a culture that has been perpetuated throughout the US National women's team program as well as the men. As my research has also shown me its not just a US thing but a system that is being used all over the world and the Spanish Soccer Federation addressed it since its being used in their programming right now. Players are selected by their birth years for their youth national teams. As a result when you look at players born from Jan to June as oppose to June-December, they are not only more gifted with the Physical component of the game which includes being bigger, stronger and faster but their maturity level is greater. So the US who for years have been depending on players with these gifts have been stocking our national teams with these types of players. This is not only true with the US but its a phenomenon that is used all over the world. This week while visiting with the Spanish soccer federation and was a part of a conversation confirming this exact same thing. Spain is worried about this. Since there are times player may get over looked because of their physical dimension being born in the latter half of the year. I would say though based on my definition of a technical player, we do have a few sprinkle around the various national teams we have. Some of the ones you called are legends. But since Pia Sundhage took over with the senior team I have seen a change in attitude approach and technical efficiency within the structure of the team. However, it is still a problem to me so I would say player identification selection and player development are at the core of some of the issues we are experiencing today in the women's game here in the US. However, its not just a women's thing or a US thing its all over the world. It may not seem like it because of where and because we see some of the other countries with great football players. But my friends its like that all over the world from South America, Europe etc When you have a minute just visit some of the rosters of some of these national teams and take a look at their birth year. Presently the majority of the Spanish players were Born before June

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2010, 09:15:12 AM »
Observer I am glad you raised that point because I will share with you a culture that has been perpetuated throughout the US National women's team program as well as the men. As my research has also shown me its not just a US thing but a system that is being used all over the world and the Spanish Soccer Federation addressed it since its being used in their programming right now. Players are selected by their birth years for their youth national teams. As a result when you look at players born from Jan to June as oppose to June-December, they are not only more gifted with the Physical component of the game which includes being bigger, stronger and faster but their maturity level is greater. So the US who for years have been depending on players with these gifts have been stocking our national teams with these types of players. This is not only true with the US but its a phenomenon that is used all over the world. This week while visiting with the Spanish soccer federation and was a part of a conversation confirming this exact same thing. Spain is worried about this. Since there are times player may get over looked because of their physical dimension being born in the latter half of the year. I would say though based on my definition of a technical player, we do have a few sprinkle around the various national teams we have. Some of the ones you called are legends. But since Pia Sundhage took over with the senior team I have seen a change in attitude approach and technical efficiency within the structure of the team. However, it is still a problem to me so I would say player identification selection and player development are at the core of some of the issues we are experiencing today in the women's game here in the US. However, its not just a women's thing or a US thing its all over the world. It may not seem like it because of where and because we see some of the other countries with great football players. But my friends its like that all over the world from South America, Europe etc When you have a minute just visit some of the rosters of some of these national teams and take a look at their birth year. Presently the majority of the Spanish players were Born before June

Thank you very much. Yes I am aware of the birth date issue and it is in all sport. Only those Nations that lack depth have very little choice. However, in countries like Spain (though they express concern) I would guess that it matters less because though the players may be overlooked at an International youth level, they will be caught in the net of the clubs.
This is why Holland (as an example), do no place such a high priority on youth international football (until U21), because as they explained, Dutch players mature later than most of their Euro counterparts.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2010, 09:25:50 AM »
Agree!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2010, 09:34:07 AM »

Interesting you bring this up.  Was talking to someone about this recently- she read a book where studies supported a belief that people born in a particular part of the year were likely to be more successful at sports, than those in another part of the year (didn't remember what the division was whether it was Jan-June etc...).  The reasoning stems from the fact that minor differences in age, at a young age make a bigger difference than at an older age (e.g. the difference between a 7yr old and a 6yr old is bigger than the difference between a 21yr old and a 20yrd old)...So kids that are on the older side of their peer group even by just a few months to a year, dominate their peers from a young age, and it leads to more playing time, more exposure, more motivation, more confidence, and even a greater chance to compete against kids in an older age bracket i.e. accelerated development... By the time those kids get to the competitive stage, the incremental benefits have added up over the years... I didn't pay it much attention to be honest- alotta times these guys push a point to sell a book, and they might even fall into a "confirming evidence trap/bias" i.e. seeking out research data to suit their point, but I suppose there is some validity to it (either that or the proponents of it are effective at selling the philosophy), if at the highest levels, sports administrators are actually using it as a gauge to identify talent...interesting stuff.  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:38:21 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>