March 28, 2024, 07:58:54 AM

Author Topic: Biggest Shittong Batsman tuh play for WI  (Read 6376 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Biggest Shittong Batsman tuh play for WI
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:50:49 AM »
This may seem vague  so I shall limit d focus to an individual selected as a Batsmen who has not scored many runs but continued to be selected in the 1990's until today.....

I myself cannot presently think of who to pick because their are several renowned Shittongs out there....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest Shittong Batsman tuh play for WI
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:29:44 AM »
Ramdin :devil: :devil:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:40:03 AM »
The question would be easier if you ask who is not a shithound ent .

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 12:18:14 PM »
What about the players who only rep Windies fuh one or two games and shit on themselves and were never slected again ??..what makes them less shitty ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »
Rico,
        Why Ramdin?

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 06:25:38 PM »
Rico,
        Why Ramdin?
nah ah jus playing def not Ramdin

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
well this batsman was actually one of my favourite players to watch when he got going but I think special recognition is due for his performance in the 1996 World Cup.

In 5 appearances in the tournament, Keith Arthurton was caught for 1, run out for duck, lbw for duck, caught for 1 in the quarterfinals, and caught behind for duck in the semis.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
Lara , Richards and Haynes.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 06:57:11 AM »
In 5 appearances in the tournament, Keith Arthurton was caught for 1, run out for duck, lbw for duck, caught for 1 in the quarterfinals, and caught behind for duck in the semis.

Daryn ah agree with yuh.  I was thinking about Arthurton as well.  D man like to bat in binary... ;D
I want to say Carl Hooper but he only wasted he wicket and people would argue he was ah pretty bat....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 12:36:32 PM »
well this batsman was actually one of my favourite players to watch when he got going but I think special recognition is due for his performance in the 1996 World Cup.

D man get he name binary cricketer after dat WC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 02:24:04 PM »
Stewart Williams he was ah opener,he was ah wicked batsman when he got going,i liked him but he did not last.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »

Daryn ah agree with yuh.  I was thinking about Arthurton as well.  D man like to bat in binary... ;D
I want to say Carl Hooper but he only wasted he wicket and people would argue he was ah pretty bat....

pls dont say Hooper he was one of my favorite to watch,he use to hit sixes with so much ease,jus classy to watch when he in form :beermug:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 06:06:50 PM »

Kieth Athurton  was better than plenty of them imps right now , check all the man stats before yuh mouthing off fella
Ah want de woman on de bass

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 09:15:14 PM »
Arthurton was really good in the field...decent batsman but never really got going.

What about batsmen who were good and didn't get a real chance because of men like haynes, greenidge, richards, richardson, etc in the squad.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 10:44:54 PM »
Wavell Hinds, Ricardo Powell, Adrian Griffith, Carlisle Best and Richard Gabriel following behind.  I eh want to throw de name out there...but #1 have to be between Darren Ganga and Marlon Samuels.  I feel like ah jes pass two kidney stone.  If yuh know how it hurt meh to call Darren's name.  Meh Windies pride cyah succumb to the depths of de subject line and call these men shittongs.  Let we say dat dem boys struggle on de world stage cuz really and truly dem was de best dat we had at de time.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 11:53:16 PM »
I miss a lot of cricket from up here ....but Darren no 1 .Now I never see him play for the windies nut was he that bad ?  :o

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 07:28:58 AM »
I miss a lot of cricket from up here ....but Darren no 1 .Now I never see him play for the windies nut was he that bad ?  :o

Darren had class and composure at the wicket. He could look good scoring just 22. However, he had a problem going on to bigger scores.

He did however, score two consecutive centuries against the Australians.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 07:03:31 PM »

Anybody who score 2 centuries against dat previous Australian bowling attack..should be in d starting eleven...

How many of our current WI players have scored 2 centuries against Australia? 
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 12:53:03 AM »

Kieth Athurton  was better than plenty of them imps right now , check all the man stats before yuh mouthing off fella

:applause: While I agree that he came to prominence under Viv, and his stats were modest, u have to give credit where it is due. His record at firstclass and international level is a lot better than some of the present guys (and at a time where the standard of FC cricket was much tougher) and I can tell u that he definitely trained a lot harder than some of our present players (even after he was done with WI).
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »
an individual selected as a Batsmen
Ramdin is selected first as a wicketkeeper- then expected to contribute with the bat. the fact that is is out of form with the bat does not in my view reduce his importance as the best keeper in the caribbean

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »
an individual selected as a Batsmen
Ramdin is selected first as a wicketkeeper- then expected to contribute with the bat. the fact that is is out of form with the bat does not in my view reduce his importance as the best keeper in the caribbean

Ditto!!!!!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »
Andre "duck farmer" Fletcher .

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 04:59:35 PM »

Anybody who score 2 centuries against dat previous Australian bowling attack..should be in d starting eleven...

How many of our current WI players have scored 2 centuries against Australia? 
alluh men wicked yes,stop live in the past,Ganga & West Indies dont go together

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 07:05:35 PM »
clayton lambert

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 12:26:29 AM »
clayton lambert

Nah....yuh talking shit there. Yuh pull dat one out from the hat. Lambert's record at first class level was quite good. He only had 5 tests matches (spread over several years) and a hundred against England.

Batting and fielding averages
             Mat  Inns NO    Runs    HS    Ave     BF    SR     100      50    4s    6s    Ct    St
Tests      5        9   0    284    104    31.55  706    40.22    1       1    34    2    8
ODIs       12    12  0    407    119    33.91  540    75.37    1       2    45    7    0    0
First-class     120    213    17    8405    263*    42.88          22      37            158    0
List A       91    90    8    2624    151    32.00           4      14              39    0
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:15:39 PM by Conquering Lion »
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 01:33:26 AM »
Arthurton and Lambert made the WI team based on performance - every time. There was never any doubt about their ability, however, Test level is a different thing altogether.

KA actually kept Lara out of the WI team for a while because he simply outperformed him. The Pakistani tour of WI around 1988 is an example. Lambert had to suffer because even though he was performing, he was over 30 so they ignored him until they were desperate.

In the end CL and KA weren't that bad - performance wise no worse than Ganga.

You right about Keith being fit. I bounce him up at Lords in 1988, in the shop - the man was cut.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 05:36:31 AM »

mouthing off?  Maybe you missed the part where I said that the man was one of my favourite players.  Checking all his stats doesn't change the fact that he had a horrible WC.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 05:18:43 AM »
Andre Fletcher is the worst i ever see in my life...........LAWD fadder!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
Courtenay Walsh :devil:

I jus on kix eh...he's one of my altime favourite players but that man antics with a bat used to have me rolling...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 01:15:13 AM »
every f**kin man dat played for west Indies in the past ten years with the exception of  brian lara...
war
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>