April 26, 2024, 04:19:12 AM

Author Topic: Who Livin Cabbage Town in TO  (Read 7982 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Who Livin Cabbage Town in TO
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 02:34:25 PM »
best roti shops imo are:

drupati's - by albion and islington
lina's - by albion and islington
aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009, 02:57:15 PM »
best roti shops imo are:

aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

hear nah .. how come Drupati and Lena operating next door to each other?  It always have a line up for Drupati and no line for Lena.  So I have never been to Lena because everybody was at Drupati.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 04:28:24 PM »
best roti shops imo are:

aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

hear nah .. how come Drupati and Lena operating next door to each other?  It always have a line up for Drupati and no line for Lena.  So I have never been to Lena because everybody was at Drupati.

lena's is not next door to drupatis, albion, the other place next door to drupatis i heard tastes better than drupatis

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:42:04 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »
best roti shops imo are:

aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

Lena rong the corner (by tim hortons) Truth be told is same family. Juss Lena's less crowded, better service and smaller doubles.Both places making real $$. I'd share the location of my sister's place, but knowing allyuh Trinibagonian people allyuh go want discount and extra this and that.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2009, 08:36:38 PM »
Whats alyah torking doubles ? Hear a little secret spot ,main intersection Tappscott and Finch .on Finch and Baldoon .Rajins WI Roti shop .everything on it rite .Hopefully Shamila there .

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 09:34:27 PM »
best roti shops imo are:

aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

Lena rong the corner (by tim hortons) Truth be told is same family. Juss Lena's less crowded, better service and smaller doubles.Both places making real $$. I'd share the location of my sister's place, but knowing allyuh Trinibagonian people allyuh go want discount and extra this and that.
buh   eh eh
open de ting nah man ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:43:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 09:58:27 PM »
Whats alyah torking doubles ? Hear a little secret spot ,main intersection Tappscott and Finch .on Finch and Baldoon .Rajins WI Roti shop .everything on it rite .Hopefully Shamila there .

I went to a WI roti shop near tapscott and Finch (at Melford)... it had a white Greek working the kitchen. Can't be the same one.  Terribly disappointing. Then it have another one on Finch just west of Tapscott.  Is that the one you talking about?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 10:02:46 PM »
best roti shops imo are:

aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

lena's is not next door to drupatis, albion, the other place next door to drupatis i heard tastes better than drupatis

OK .. I will have to check both a dem out.  WC give me directions (and he out west)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2009, 02:53:00 AM »
A couple years ago there was a Trini Indian place at Sherboure/Bloor.

I believe just west on Bloor. There is a huge office building and it's just next to it.
Should be on the left if you walk West. But I pushing the memory here.

Bought from them once, the owners from South.

Vb
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2009, 09:19:10 AM »
best roti shops imo are:

aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

the place next door to Drupati is "Roti Roti  Family Restaurant"  975 Albion Road.  Drupati is 979 Albiion.

I still cant understand why in the city the size of Toronto, two competing Roti shops will be next door to each other.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »
best roti shops imo are:

aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

the place next door to Drupati is "Roti Roti  Family Restaurant"  975 Albion Road.  Drupati is 979 Albiion.

I still cant understand why in the city the size of Toronto, two competing Roti shops will be next door to each other.
in marketing that is called Location Strategy or "Ice Cream Vendor Theory" or in Economics "economies of agglomeration"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:42:27 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 12:23:15 PM »
best roti shops imo are:

aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

in marketing that is called Location Strategy or "Ice Cream Vendor Theory" or in Economics "economies of agglomeration"

ahh .. a vauge recollection  ... you think they knowingly applied this theory?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2009, 02:34:20 PM »
best roti shops imo are:

aleemas- malton
ali's on queen

ahh .. a vauge recollection  ... you think they knowingly applied this theory?
I am sure that some semblance of that theory played a part in the second Shop setting up where they did
If it was me I would locate close to another like shop, especilly if i had determined that the traffic going to that shop was substantial
all speculation on my part....no doubt
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 02:35:53 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2009, 05:54:47 PM »

I went to a WI roti shop near tapscott and Finch (at Melford)... it had a white Greek working the kitchen. Can't be the same one.  Terribly disappointing. Then it have another one on Finch just west of Tapscott.  Is that the one you talking about?
The place is named Rajins ,its going east on Finch ,first right after Tapscott on Baldoon .I went Saturday morning and the Doubles was nice .Her Kutcela is taste good to 5 dollars a bottle.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »

The place is named Rajins ,its going east on Finch ,first right after Tapscott on Baldoon .I went Saturday morning and the Doubles was nice .Her Kutcela is taste good to 5 dollars a bottle.

I have driven past that intersection so many time and never noticed it.  Will look when next I am in the area. Thanks

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 08:26:38 PM »
Yes I ate there. Good food in troot. Relatives of the lady who has the place at Midland and Lawrence.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: Who Livin Cabbage Tong in TO
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:47 AM »
Thanks all
in my time, if my memory doesnt fail me,
I think around Dufferin and Bloor had West Indian stuff

and check meh pardna commute from cabbage town
jump on the street car and then go south for two subway stops then walk to bay st.....commute done ;D

and to go quite up by Drupati's, ah man go have to pack lunch and drinks....fuss it far from cabbage town :D

WC, yuh right - ah went past on the weekend and see a trini flag on de sign - north side.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
ah pardna just sent me this website of where to buy Roti in Toronto
http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_roti_in_toronto/
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>