April 28, 2024, 05:00:32 PM

Author Topic: Pensioner tells Manning "You are not Welcome!"  (Read 16976 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pensioner tells Manning "You are not Welcome!"
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »
I will repeat, that ole fella iz ah serious neanderthal, and trini ppl iz turning him into ah cult hero. and why am i not suprised?

BC these are the same ppl who applaud nonsense, while ignoring the issues @ hand! these are the same ppl who who reward mediocrity while they scoff @ simple progress.

these is the same ppl who will spend their last tuh play mass and leave their bills unpaid. so i guess i'm not really surprised.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2010, 06:46:11 PM »
feel i bodderin wit trinidadians...dem like ah fad like ah fashion ting tuh follow...one of the common comments is that he 'liberating' ppl to do what they've always wanted to do but were afraid...pot boilin...leh we hope it doh have an incident like wha happened wit berlusconi

AirMan

« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:05 PM »
Czechs--Velvet
Ukraine -Orange
Lebanese-Cedar

T&T-the Percy revolution

:rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »
percy gone facebook!

i feel he should run for PM.

PERCY 2010!

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161612893

big hit on facebook.. 40 fans!  ::)

Percy Villafana - Citizen Supreme  <------more like 1057 facebook fans.

edit* I now saw this response on the page. See where they reach?

Caribbean Hindus Let us make the X or the + the symbol for our contempt and disgust at these politicians like Manning who betrayed the trust of the people. Whenever they approach us, show them the X or +. Like the Mexican wave at sports events, the people should show them a collective X or + ... they can't arrest anyone for that, the new non-violent symbol of civil disobedience.

It looks like the cross will be coming back in fashion.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2010, 08:00:34 AM »
 http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161614927
Manning booed
Protesters call for PM to resign
Camille Bethel South Bureau
Friday, March 26th 2010

Prime Minister Patrick Manning faced an unprecedented protest outside his San Fernando East constituency office yesterday, involving union members pushing for him to reverse unpopular decisions amid growing public discontent.

They also asked that he resign.

Manning refused to meet with protest leaders, ignoring them as he left at around 6.30 p.m. He was booed by protesters but cheered by office staff.

Police SUVs were used to form a barricade to prevent protesters from getting close as a smiling Manning left.

Manning normally meets constituents between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. every Thursday.

UNPOPULAR: Prime Minister Patrick Manning was booed by union protesters but cheered by his San Fernando East constituency office staff yesterday. Members of the Oilfields Workers' Trade Union (OWTU) are demanding that Manning reverse unpopular decisions and resign. -Photo: Trevor Hackett

The protest was kept secret. The media were invited to attend an emergency general council meeting of the Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union (OWTU) at its San Fernando headquarters, and then taken by bus to Manning’s Coffee Street office of 13 years.

Union president general, Ancel Roget, said he did not bother asking for a meeting with Manning ’because we don’t expect him to come in his arrogance’.

The protest was kept secret until the final minutes to prevent the police from finding out, the Express was told.

Southern Division Task Force officers arrived during the protest and ordered protesters off the road as they chanted ’we will keep on struggling until Manning goes away’ and ’Manning in the office hiding from workers’.

Roget said the protest was meant ’to bring the message to Manning that he must go. This PNM government is the most corrupt in the history of Trinidad and Tobago. If Manning wants to say this is political, then it is’.

The OWTU is one of the largest unions in the country and represents workers of Petrotrin, T&TEC and more than 60 other companies involved in oil and gas, manufacturing, agriculture and financial services.

Roget said the union learnt on Wednesday that Cabinet had instructed Petrotrin to give $46 million toward a development at Plaisance Park, Pointe-a-Pierre, as an act of political patronage.

’We see it as further politicking to support themselves in office, as they brace themselves for what will be a very turbulent general election to come,’ he said.

1]; } ?>