April 28, 2024, 02:58:13 PM

Author Topic: Pensioner tells Manning "You are not Welcome!"  (Read 16974 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Pensioner tells Manning "You are not Welcome!"
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »
So basically what you all are saying, is the Prime Minister or any other diplomat can walk into a premises without the owner's permission?

Because I'm thinking if Manning had any respect of the citizens of the country, he would have abide with the man's wishes and move the f**k on. But that's just me!!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:22:28 AM by Prematie Bheem »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 11:04:35 AM »
So basically what you all are saying, is the Prime Minister of any other diplomat can walk into a premises without the owner's permission?

Because I'm thinking if Manning had any respect of the citizens of the country, he would have abide with the man's wishes and move the f**k on. But that's just me!!

:thumbsup: :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 11:31:39 AM »
So basically what you all are saying, is the Prime Minister or any other diplomat can walk into a premises without the owner's permission?

my thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »

Blame it on Manning handlers (security, constituency people) they should have seen what was going on and directed him past the man's house.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 12:57:23 PM »
He should have known better and avoided the incident. Tell the man to have a nice day, wave to the people in the house and continue the tour. It was very poor judgment in my view.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 01:25:20 PM »
doh get meh wrong. Mr Manning and/or his handlers could have avoided this and respected the man wishes. But still - respect the position the man holds.

From the video, does it look as if manning knew what the man was referring to with his arms in the air and crossed? I'm just wondering if in the rush if Mr Manning wasn't clear about the actions of the man.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »

exactly!!!!! it doh matter who the person is, is private property get the f&*k off, i cah walk into manning palace and tell he Move, so why must he do it to the small man. position or not, he have to respect the man wishes, Manning is NOT the owner of the property
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:28:11 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
Respect is a two way street ent ?

was it King David take ah man , wife and got  blown out by god.You have to respect a mans property  .King or pauper same rules.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 01:48:05 PM »
doh get meh wrong. Mr Manning and/or his handlers could have avoided this and respected the man wishes. But still - respect the position the man holds.

From the video, does it look as if manning knew what the man was referring to with his arms in the air and crossed? I'm just wondering if in the rush if Mr Manning wasn't clear about the actions of the man.

That is Manning's permanent facial expression Jumbie. Dumbfounded!!!
I honestly think that this pensioner just created a thrend. Let's see how many more properties Manning and his detail are allowed into.

On a personal note, I, a proud woman will not bow/curtsy to Queen Elizabeth. Been there, done that and still wears the Tshirt. Same as if Basdeo approach me at my opened gate and extends his hand, I would politely decline the first time.

Respect goes both ways for me.

*edit* Q you were already posting yours, while I was typing mine. I just realized I ended mine with your beginning..... :beermug:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:52:48 PM by Prematie Bheem »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 02:09:41 PM »
There is a song peformed by a woman named Sharon Fraser - "Doh come"....never heard about her before but ah like de song bad, bad, bad.  Ah goh try and find it.....and I'll wait patiently for Manning to pass by me to play it.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 03:29:47 PM »
Allyuh missin the point man. yes the old fella have ah right tuh allow whoever he wants on his premises, and yes manning had no right to ignore the man's request refusing entry onto his property, but for an elder, he needed tuh set ah better example when dealing with the head of state!

this blantant disregard for our leader is getting terribly out of hand now! manning might be a lot of things like TT said, but respect the office! iz that too much too ask?

and yes, the old fella was right , after all it's his property, but he set ah disgusting example for an elder, and this is why i said, the yutes have no role models on that island anymore, that's BC these new elders into themselves so much , that they forget the yutes watchin and learning.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
just cool and trinity cross, I hear what allyuh saying, but how can we respect the office, when said government and PM don't respect it far less the citizens? The other day Goopesingh insulted the Finance Minister about her deceased husband's money (personal insult in a public forum, in front of the PM and Speaker? nah!!). The rest of them laugh. How many times it had cuss out between Ministers? Even the House Speaker (all of them) get level cuss out from PMs and Ministers. Cell phones and laptop galore that make headline news.  Deplorable behavior from both sides and yet you want me the civilian to respect the office?

Look, only the President is suppose to have the coat of arms on his vehicle. Manning show allyuh he could do what dey hell he wants. Every where else getting new building, what's happening with the President's House? And he getting away with it because nobody wants to tell him no.

I'll stand next to that pensioner!

Again, respect goes both ways!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
Any of you all really take in what you all type in response to JC? I don't believe yo all think through those response.

just cool respect fella, if we had more adults who think like you, the country would be in a better place. respect for others is always a good thing, thank you for pointing that out.
so why so many people does HATE on the Colonial masters
They were is charge so we HAD to pay respect to them....not so
and
To arse wid them having any respect for the Country of TnT and just rape the natural resources nuh
dem is we boss let dem take what de arse day wanted
did they show respect by NOT properly building up the infrastructure of the WHOLE country....no no no

man
when this thinking going and stop

He should have known better and avoided the incident. Tell the man to have a nice day, wave to the people in the house and continue the tour. It was very poor judgment in my view.
maybe next time Patos ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:47:30 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 05:27:43 PM »
Allyuh missin the point man. yes the old fella have ah right tuh allow whoever he wants on his premises, and yes manning had no right to ignore the man's request refusing entry onto his property, but for an elder, he needed tuh set ah better example when dealing with the head of state!

this blantant disregard for our leader is getting terribly out of hand now! manning might be a lot of things like TT said, but respect the office! iz that too much too ask?

and yes, the old fella was right , after all it's his property, but he set ah disgusting example for an elder, and this is why i said, the yutes have no role models on that island anymore, that's BC these new elders into themselves so much , that they forget the yutes watchin and learning.
I think youall being hash and judgmental ,without knowing all the facts . That man could being really betrayed my Manning in the past .
And it look like his hand X ,was really a cross .
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:49:28 PM by Quags »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 05:40:05 PM »
That's exactly what he did! the thing happen real fast horse, and when mannin went through the old fella block him and he just turn and walk away, to me he eh really force the issue.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:44:38 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 05:41:54 PM »

Exactly, the thing happened real fast, and when manning got the message he turned and walk right away, like i said no biggy.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
I wasn't going to post anymore on this but with all the discussions about the video I had to take a look see (I didn't see the original news report either so I might as well).....

Did anybody notice the lady in black with the PNM logo ushering Manning into the yard?  I don't know why she insisted Manning must go into the yard, she could have helped the avoid the incident.  She was there moments before Manning entered the shot and the old man already had his hands up.  The whole thing from start to end seems as though nobody was taking the old man seriously......even in the still shot shown earlier in the thread, it seems as though everyone was having a good chuckle at the old man's expense. 

I am now putting myself in the old man's position, I definitely eh want Manning, nor any politician in my yard (well I share a yard so lets say apartment).  I put up mih hands to block them from entering and yuh push past mih and going een.....nah, nah yuh looking for a good boof!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2010, 08:53:25 PM »
...Manning had no right to walk in the man yard ESPECIALLY if the man told him that he was not welcome. Manning walk in de man yard because as far as he was concerned, "mister pensioner u could say what u want...I is de Prime Minister and I could walk where I feel!"

All ah allyuh who taking that "tresspass" angle talking more from emotion than anything.  First off, watch dat picture accompanying de article and yuh'll see everybody thought is kicks de ole man was on.  Aside from which, I wasn't dey but the article says that as the old man was grandstanding by de gate, simultaneously there was at least one other adult on the premises waving to Manning.  The woman waving to him is clearly demonsrating that she is receptive to his presence... how is Manning supposed to know who has the say between two adults, one who tells him he cannot enter (apparently in jest) and the other who beckons him with a wave?  Not to get technical, but legally as long as someone who is a lawful resident of the address invites him he is free to enter even over the objections of the actual owner.

Only in a jokey country like Trinidad would that man get away with putting he hands on the Prime Minister/Head of State or whatever, and eh get he neck lock  and force tuh eat ah face full ah dirt in return.

Dah ole man play de ass... just because is Manning doh make it right, anymore than de fella pelting he shoe at Bush was right.  If was Obama "Joe the Plumber" had pelt he shoes at all ah allyuh (excepting ribbit) would be singing ah different tune.

I can't disagree with this... seems to me he misread de situation.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:06:49 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2010, 09:02:18 PM »

PM stages walkabout in san juan-barataria

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uDZDIQXopG8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uDZDIQXopG8</a>
pensioner looked like a crazy man too me.  Story overhyped

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2010, 10:14:42 PM »
It does not matter what other people do, it's your response that should be important. This is what President Obama trying to teach Americans (my take) and they cannot comprehend. You should not allow others to DICTATE how you respond or act in a situation. Because Mannning doh respect he office or he does tief or lie means that everyone in the country must be that way? We do not have people responsible and mature enough to say "he is that way, but I can show a different way."?

We does talk about long time, but apparently none ah we eh take nothing away from this so called great era. I remember my mother use to beat into me that when I see my friends doing wrong walk the other way and tell the teacher or come home and say something. I remember that real good.

I think I'm a bit confused by some of these responses. Honestly I am. We bad talk all the guntas and they lack of respect, but condone the ultimate show of disrespect because it convenient to us?  This is where the break down in our society starts. Simple situations like tehse are imprinted in the minds of the younger ones.

I'm disappointed.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2010, 10:42:09 PM »
It does not matter what other people do, it's your response that should be important. This is what President Obama trying to teach Americans (my take) and they cannot comprehend. You should not allow others to DICTATE how you respond or act in a situation. Because Mannning doh respect he office or he does tief or lie means that everyone in the country must be that way? We do not have people responsible and mature enough to say "he is that way, but I can show a different way."?

We does talk about long time, but apparently none ah we eh take nothing away from this so called great era. I remember my mother use to beat into me that when I see my friends doing wrong walk the other way and tell the teacher or come home and say something. I remember that real good.

I think I'm a bit confused by some of these responses. Honestly I am. We bad talk all the guntas and they lack of respect, but condone the ultimate show of disrespect because it convenient to us?  This is where the break down in our society starts. Simple situations like tehse are imprinted in the minds of the younger ones.

I'm disappointed.

:applause: :applause:
Exactly right, and it starts at all levels (including the top) and both sides (Manning & Old man pensioner). I even remember the scene with Panday and the laptop in Parliament, and the big fuss about it. Up to this day nobody stand up and say de man wrong for breaching parliamentary procedure (as I recall).

People not standing up for the right thing, the leaders tiefing, and we now wondering where all the crime and lawlessnes come from.......
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2010, 11:47:19 PM »
Doh put Obama in this ,cause it have plenty homes he will get a similar response in the states if not worst .And trust me I think he would be smart enough not to push past the home owner .But then again he look cocky himself.
Cant beleive alyah putting the failure of a nation on one old guy ,who maybe paid all his taxes and worked hard hid whole life .Maybe lost kids to crime or poor health care ,who maybe asked the PMN for help and never got it .To many unknowns here .
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:58:07 PM by Quags »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2010, 03:48:11 AM »
Obama and Manning have the same cocky attitude....

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2010, 04:24:18 AM »
I like this. Good discussion going on in this thread.  :beermug:

I honestly don't care who you are. From public servant to President, if I don't like you, you are not allowed on my property/premises without my permission. Those 4 corners are mine to protect and be comfortable in. I'm certainly no hypocrite, I'm not going to disrespect the office you hold. From one human being to another, if I say you are not welcome on my property, respect my wishes and continue moving down the road.

It's that simple for me.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »
Ladies, Guys,
                   I was not even looking at the trepassing aspect of this incident. Please,  Manning eh trespassing per se. He is a politician doing things that politicians do. Politicians do walkabout thru their constituenccies. That is the norm, even if it comes across like window dressing. We stretching this thing to far.  As  disrespecting the office of the pM, I agree it was not  the right thing, but I dont think the guy decided to diss the PM or the office of the PM. I don't feel this old fellah is a rogue or disrespectful person. It was just a spontaneous reaction to the situation that has been festering in the country. How often does the PM come around to your house to hear your greviences. There is GENUINE problems facing the country, and some in the PM constituency has express their displeasure. Sorry it came accross like that. But I do hope he gets the message.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2010, 07:16:32 AM »
Ladies, Guys,
                   I was not even looking at the trepassing aspect of this incident. Please,  Manning eh trespassing per se. He is a politician doing things that politicians do. Politicians do walkabout thru their constituenccies. That is the norm, even if it comes across like window dressing. We stretching this thing to far.  As  disrespecting the office of the pM, I agree it was not  the right thing, but I dont think the guy decided to diss the PM or the office of the PM. I don't feel this old fellah is a rogue or disrespectful person. It was just a spontaneous reaction to the situation that has been festering in the country. How often does the PM come around to your house to hear your greviences. There is GENUINE problems facing the country, and some in the PM constituency has express their displeasure. Sorry it came accross like that. But I do hope he gets the message.

some fellas doh understand dat, yuh mus ignore d problems an' behave like ah nice chile...................... in france when d monarchy heads got to big they lost them..................and france was better for it.

It is not jus dis single incident you know, by and large many sections of the electorate have felt largely dismissed and disrespected by dat same office, and feel inclined to give some back if or when given the opportunity.

remember dis democracy ting was supposed to be "by d people" "for d people"...............is time for doctor politics an' dis present incarnation of it to dead...time enough man
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:39:25 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2010, 08:06:07 AM »
Ladies, Guys,
                   I was not even looking at the trepassing aspect of this incident. Please,  Manning eh trespassing per se. He is a politician doing things that politicians do. Politicians do walkabout thru their constituenccies.

Deeks that is a powerless argument yuh put forward.
A walkabout doh give anybody any special powers, they still subject to law AND common-sense.

I don't think that he intentionally trespassed, Manning probably didn't understand what was goin on at first but when it became clear he got the hell outta dodge.

That is all fine, Manning not known for being quick mentally, and he probably doh unerstand how strongly ppl feel against him, but doh try to defend his actions by sayin he allowed to do those things because he is PM or because he doin a walkabout.
That is rubbish.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2010, 08:36:36 AM »
allyuh forgetting that the PM suppose to be working for the old man. Is he, as a voter, who helped to put manning where he is today. So who is the boss and who is the servant, and who should command more respect?

Until people know their rights, politicians would continue to take advantage of us. Those people in government are  hired and fired by us. I dont understand the emphasis on respect for the office and not respect for the people who are ultimately the power holders.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:39:45 AM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2010, 08:40:30 AM »

I honestly don't care who you are. From public servant to President, if I don't like you, you are not allowed on my property/premises without my permission. Those 4 corners are mine to protect and be comfortable in. I'm certainly no hypocrite, I'm not going to disrespect the office you hold. From one human being to another, if I say you are not welcome on my property, respect my wishes and continue moving down the road.

It's that simple for me.

exactly i doh get what is the confusion there.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2010, 08:43:36 AM »

It's that simple for me.

exactly i doh get what is the confusion there.

me neither
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>