April 28, 2024, 08:54:22 PM

Author Topic: Pensioner tells Manning "You are not Welcome!"  (Read 16979 times)

AirMan

Pensioner tells Manning "You are not Welcome!"
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:08:13 AM »

ALEXANDER BRUZUAL Tuesday, March 16 2010

click on pic to zoom inHEY FRANKIE: Prime Minister Patrick Manning greets former PNM minister Franklyn Khan who happened to be driving in the San Juan area at the same time ...« prev photo next photo »AN ANGRY pensioner yesterday held on to the shoulders of Prime Minister Patrick Manning as he chased him off his property, after the Prime Minister entered the man’s premises un-welcomed, during a walkabout of the St Joseph constituency. Read the rest..http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,117390.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:17:46 AM by AirMan »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoner tells Manning "You are not Welcome!"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:14:02 AM »
prisoner  ???
I pity the fool....

AirMan

Re: Prisoner tells Manning "You are not Welcome!"
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:17:56 AM »

truetrini

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Pensioner tells Manning "You are not Welcome!"
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:46:01 AM »
It shoulda been me, Manning woulda get ah buss head.. De ole fella bad for years....

That man will bury Trinidad and Tobago.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »
Shoot he ole arse manning doh let he rile up for you... u is de fadder of Modern Trinidad 2020...

AirMan

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
Shoot he ole arse manning doh let he rile up for you... u is de fadder of Modern Trinidad 2020...

:rotfl: :rotfl: *Tears*

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 10:56:16 AM »

doh give d man dem ideas..............dat self important fuucka so full of it, u nevva know what he might start doing nex'
I pity the fool....

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 11:01:41 AM »
manning had a terry/bridge moment  :rotfl:

anyhow, manning just disrespect the man and walk past him into his yard yes........... :-\  no respect for the elders, no respect for the youths, no respect for himself, no respect for T&T >:(
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 11:03:25 AM »
Manning declares war
‘They coming at me from all angles.... but I fighting to the end’
GAIL ALEXANDER
Published: 16 Mar 2010

This 81-year-old retired public servant blocks Prime Minister Patrick Manning from entering his (the retiree’s) yard in San Juan during a PNM walkabout in the area yesterday. Photo: Kristian De Silva
A war is on between Government and some elements of the construction sector, and some “soldiers” may fall, Prime Minister Patrick Manning declares. “But Government is determined to carry this to a finish, because at the end of the day, it is the people who will benefit,” Manning told PNMites at a St Joseph meeting last night, after a walkabout in the area. Manning added: “See what is happening in the newspapers and you realise it is a plan to kill Manning—when I say ‘kill’ I’m not talking about....you know how they like to misunderstand—but we are not prepared to accept the established order, and we are going to fight until we change it.
The people deserve value for money. “Those who wish to do right have to face the slings and arrows of those who do wrong, and if you want to achieve anything as someone striving for rectitude, you have to have endurance and determination, and must not allow yourself to be scared. “They’re coming at me from every angle, but I fear no man.” Manning’s tour of the East-West Corridor seat took place as Government continued fielding criticism on various issues stemming from ex-Udecott chairman Calder Hart. Addressing the PNM meeting, Manning said he was not “bad talking” anybody, but he felt citizens needed to know the facts.
He said Government’s development drive had run into some construction practices which Government was not prepared to tolerate any longer. He related problems with practices which made Government lose control of its projects, delivery time and other aspects. “We said that doesn’t work, and we‘re not going that way anymore.” Manning added. He pointed out, for example, that the price of a roof for the proposed Carnival centre in Port-of-Spain was $45 million less from a Far East company than it was for another company.
He added: “So what you see happening today is a battle between Government and largely the construction sector and some elements of this. “It is not all; there are some good people in it. Government is saying we’re not prepared to tolerate it anymore. “And it is war, you know, and soldiers may fall along the way.” He said it took eight months to build the Prime Minister’s residential complex, while it took almost three years to build Belmont Police Station. “We are not accepting that, and we will fight until this is changed!” Manning said the people elected him not to fear anyone, but to conduct T&T’s business in the best way, “and I will continue to fight that battle until the people get their just due. “That’s what this is all about!”
Manning said it was not true that Government was out of touch with public sentiment on the issues, since PNMites were touring and holding meetings continuously. Manning was greeted warmly by many along the walkabout. However, at the eastern end of Real Street in San Juan, Manning was blocked from a yard by an 81-year-old retired public servant. The elderly man, who declined to give his name, angrily berated Manning and blocked Manning, insisting that Manning refrain from greeting other members of the family. He told the Guardian he had been a loyal PNM supporter up to the last election, but was now in favour of “change.”
Complaining bitterly about Government, he said he was fed up of the situation in the country and current issues. “I don’t want to hear anything from Manning and them,” he said, complaining about the Udecott issue. Concern about the Udecott issue was also expressed to Manning by another resident, Rev Courtney Joseph, who told Manning he had just returned from Bermuda and he was embarrassed by the situation. Joseph told Manning: “If the Prime Minister is sincere, he has my support, but I am very concerned about the situation with Udecott, and I feel it should be dealt with. “The PM told me he would deal with it and he told me to ‘stay tuned’,” Joseph said.
After the walkabout, Manning told reporters that residents’ response was much better than he had expected. He said the area had a high Muslim population, and the party felt that the PNM had a lot of support in the area. He was heartened by responses. Manning said local government elections would be later this year. The walkabout took place as Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar held a meeting at Himalaya Club, eight blocks away from Manning’s meeting.

AirMan

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 11:06:20 AM »
manning had a terry/bridge moment  :rotfl:

anyhow, manning just disrespect the man and walk past him into his yard yes........... :-\  no respect for the elders, no respect for the youths, no respect for himself, no respect for T&T >:(

As soon as the pensioner touched Manning, two members of the Prime Minister’s private security detail pulled both men apart. One told the pensioner, “You cannot do that. You can’t touch the Prime Minister!”

As a tense confrontation ensued, the pensioner fearlessly said, “You have to be mad, this is my house!”  :rotfl:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 11:48:18 AM »
So allyuh know somebody pension coming late or might just get lost in the mail for the next couple ah months eh?

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 08:15:42 PM »
Manning boldface to walk in the man yard "just so" despite the man telling him to leave.

What is interesting is that the man coulda cuff down or stab up Manning if he had a weapon...
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

AirMan

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »

PM stages walkabout in san juan-barataria

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uDZDIQXopG8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uDZDIQXopG8</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 03:23:32 AM »
Under all the ole talk, that old fella is ah serious c#nt!!! and iz ppl like him who the yutes model them selves after.

whether yuh agree or hate the man politics, yuhs ah elder and should show much more restraint than what he showed. he must be in opposition to the pnm, Bc i sure if that was ah U.S. president he would chill and deal ah little more equitable wid the head of state.

that's why the country have so much crime and criminals, that's BC elders like him eh have no respect for authority , and they passed it on to the younger generation without even being conscious of it.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 04:18:15 AM »
Under all the ole talk, that old fella is ah serious c#nt!!! and iz ppl like him who the yutes model them selves after.

whether yuh agree or hate the man politics, yuhs ah elder and should show much more restraint than what he showed. he must be in opposition to the pnm, Bc i sure if that was ah U.S. president he would chill and deal ah little more equitable wid the head of state.

that's why the country have so much crime and criminals, that's BC elders like him eh have no respect for authority , and they passed it on to the younger generation without even being conscious of it.

the younger generation - manning- have no respect for the elder,s and some like to flout their authority/position with and take advantage of people mocking them with utter arrogance and disdain. If that was sabga house, u think he woulda walk in jus so? No is only poor black people cud get bobolized so.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 05:07:03 AM »

the younger generation - manning- have no respect for the elder,s and some like to flout their authority/position with and take advantage of people mocking them with utter arrogance and disdain. If that was sabga house, u think he woulda walk in jus so? No is only poor black people cud get bobolized so.

tell im nah, u have the right to refuse entry to anyone who cannot prove lawful right to be on your property
I pity the fool....

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 06:33:29 AM »
manning must be figure dat the ole fella was the "yard boy"
he brush by the man oui :rotfl: :rotfl:

what that Man should have done is charge Manning with Tresspassing

dat ole fella out for some serious trouble now doh
is ah good ting he ent working as manning would ah get he fired
manning ent easy eh
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:40:28 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 06:37:30 AM »

It reminds me of when the man pelt the shoe at Bush.  Bush's stocks were so low, the pelter ignored the premise of respect the office and let Bush have it.  I suspect its the same thing going on with the ole man....Manning eh nobody's favourite right now....except he either doh know it or he pretending he doh know....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 07:17:08 AM »
stueps regardless of who it is, dont walk in my yard without permission. he lucky is not in the US where dem Hicks does live, shoot first ask questions later
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:51 AM »

Who disrespect who now?
It good for Manning.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:38:52 AM by Peong »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 08:57:48 AM »
JC,
          Bro, I beg to differ with you on this one. Is pure fustration causing that. That man must be a staunch PNM all his life and he just can't take it no more. Granted most of us don't know what it like to actually run a country. Patrick has shown little inclination until now to walk the streets to gauge the heartbeat of his OWN constituency. No amount of money and bribery can sway people to shut when there is GENUINE problems at home. All the vicious crime happening in PNM constituencies and he acting like is just a passing cloud.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »
Don't Worry Matrick Panning will pray for the pensioner.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 09:58:11 AM »
Any of you all really take in what you all type in response to JC? I don't believe yo all think through those response.

just cool respect fella, if we had more adults who think like you, the country would be in a better place. respect for others is always a good thing, thank you for pointing that out.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 09:59:34 AM »

Like him, love him, hate him, despise him, HE IS STILL THE PM..respect the office man!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
Any of you all really take in what you all type in response to JC? I don't believe yo all think through those response.

just cool respect fella, if we had more adults who think like you, the country would be in a better place. respect for others is always a good thing, thank you for pointing that out.

I understand what JC is saying.  However, the old man's actions are a clear indication of how unpopular Manning is.  Question is, is he paying attention??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 10:23:05 AM »

While I agree with you, it comes from the top as well. Manning had no right to walk in the man yard ESPECIALLY if the man told him that he was not welcome. Manning walk in de man yard because as far as he was concerned, "mister pensioner u could say what u want...I is de Prime Minister and I could walk where I feel!"
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »

Like him, love him, hate him, despise him, HE IS STILL THE PM..respect the office man!

:applause: EXACTLY!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 10:54:31 AM »

and u hit d nail on d head right there Manning eh respect nobody....give none, get none, two wrong doh make ah right, but

what does happen when "GOOD MEN DO NOTHING" again?.............................

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:00:17 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>