March 29, 2024, 07:36:41 AM

Author Topic: T&T senior women begin Gold Cup qualifying  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T senior women begin Gold Cup qualifying
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:44:18 AM »
T&T senior women begin Gold Cup qualifying
T&T Express

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior women footballers will see action from today when they face St Kitts-Nevis in the first round of Caribbean qualifying for the 2010 CONCACAF Women’s Gold Cup, which is being played for the first time since 2006.

Seventeen teams will contest qualifying in five groups to determine two Caribbean representatives to the six-team Women’s Gold Cup , the region’s premier women’s competition, which will be played in late October or early November.

Trinidad and Tobago begin their Caribbean phase of qualifying in Group B, which will be contested among T&T, St Kitts-Nevis, Puerto Rico and Dominica in Puerto Rico from March 17-22.

Caribbean qualifying opened on March 3 at the Georgetown Cricket Ground where Guyana, Suriname and St. Vincent and the Grenadines are contesting Caribbean Group A.

Antigua-Barbuda, US Virgin Islands and St. Lucia comprise Group C in Antigua from March 12-16; Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic and the Turks and Caicos Islands fight out Group D in the Dominican Republic from March 26-30; and Barbados, Anguilla and Grenada play Group E in Barbados from March 28-April 1.

The five group winners plus the three best runners-up will advance, from which the top four teams will qualify for the Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games in July in Puerto Rico.

FIRST ROUND:

Group B (Puerto Rico)
Today: Trinidad and Tobago vs St. Kitts-Nevis; Puerto Rico vs Dominica
Friday March 19: St. Kitts-Nevis vs Dominica; Puerto Rico vs Trinidad and Tobago
Sunday March 21: Trinidad and Tobago vs Dominica; Puerto Rico vs St Kitts-Nevis
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T senior women begin Gold Cup qualifying
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:47:44 AM »
this should be easy. good luck ladies.

send the U-17s.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:49:30 AM »
Is there a roster available?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:50:50 AM »
It was so easy that a change was made. Who at the TnT express is reporting this stuff , did they hold on to the article when it came out earlier in the Concacaf news and then decide to post it today. Somebody is asleep at the switch. A new article has been published on the Concacaf web site advising the changes.
See enclosed article.. Originally it was two teams in our group going through now it is one.

http://www.concacaf.com/page/WGC/NewsDetail/0,,12813~1995257,00.html

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - Cuba and Trinidad and Tobago will host the second-round groups for the Caribbean qualifying of the Women's Gold Cup, forcing a chance in the previously announced schedule.

Trinidad will be removed from first-round Group B and similarly Cuba from Group D. It will reduce all of the first-round groups to three-team affairs, with the winners and best second-place team advancing to the second round.

Trinidad and Cuba will then host the second round groups in mid-April, eventually from which four teams will qualify for the Central American and Caribbean Games in July in Puerto Rico and two teams will qualify for the Gold Cup in late October-early November.

Guyana and St. Lucia already have won their groups. Guyana clinched the Group A title on March 7 and St. Luca defeated the U.S. Virgin Islands and host Antigua and Barbuda this past weekend in Group C.

Qualifying resumes Wednesday with the start of Group B.

FIRST ROUND
Group A
At Georgetown, Guyana
Wednesday, March 3
Suriname 1, St. Vincent and the Grenadines 0
Friday, March 5
Guyana 2, Suriname 0
Sunday, March 7
Guyana 1, St. Vincent and the Grenadines 0

Group B
At Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Wednesday, March 17
Puerto Rico vs. St. Kitts and Nevis
Friday, March 19
St. Kitts and Nevis vs. Dominica
Sunday, March 21
Puerto Rico vs. Dominica

Group C
At St. John's, Antigua
Wednesday, March 10
Antigua and Barbuda 1, St. Lucia 2
Friday, March 12
U.S. Virgin Islands 0, St. Lucia 7
Sunday, March 14
Antigua and Barbuida 3, U.S. Virgin Islands 1

Group D
At Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Friday, March 26
Dominican Republic vs. Turks and Caicos
Sunday, March 28
Turks and Caicos vs. Haiti
Tuesday, March 30
Dominican Republic vs. Haiti

Group E
At Bridgetown, Barbados
Sunday, March 28
Barbados vs. Anguilla
Tuesday, March 30
Anguilla vs. Grenada
Thursday, April 1
Barbados vs. Grenada

PSSSSS ..... The team opened training camp at the Centre of Excelence yesterday for one week. Matches may include a tilt with the U 17 national team.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:54:38 AM by Soccer 19 »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »
So you saying that we doing 1 week of training to get ready for this? Is that easy, are that good or are just not taking it seriously?

You know who on the Senior squad?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »
No what I am saying is that the girls were in town and ready to go (some since March 7th) as a camp was called to begin it's preperations for the upcoming qualifying which our group was supposed to begin today. Sometime early in the month the CFU changed the qualifiers giving us a bye to the 2nd stage. The foreign based have been training daily all along and the local seniors were advised to back at the centre for this past Monday for a camp. The second stage will be late next month or in early May as per the CFU online calendar.

Cheers

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »
If all yuh only know the bacchanal this cause. They spend one set of money on visas to take the team to Puerto Rico. They didn't  even knowing they were hosting the tournament. What kinda ah Jackassness is that. To the point that it was stated in the news paper article. I couldn't believe it made the news paper after this occurred last week. This even cause one of the members to lose her American visas so now she stuck Trinidad. Once again meh boy Triples. When you focus on the controlables these dumb things don't happen. We real jokie yes
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 12:42:34 PM »
If all yuh only know the bacchanal this cause. They spend one set of money on visas to take the team to Puerto Rico. They didn't  even knowing they were hosting the tournament. What kinda ah Jackassness is that. To the point that it was stated in the news paper article. I couldn't believe it made the news paper after this occurred last week. This even cause one of the members to lose her American visas so now she stuck Trinidad. Once again meh boy Triples. When you focus on the controlables these dumb things don't happen. We real jokie yes

Please, don't get Triples32-0 started  ;)

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 02:41:58 PM »
Too late 32-0

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 04:18:56 PM »

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »
here we go again :busshead: :busshead:

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 08:49:47 PM »
 :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 10:48:05 PM »
No what I am saying is that the girls were in town and ready to go (some since March 7th) as a camp was called to begin it's preperations for the upcoming qualifying which our group was supposed to begin today. Sometime early in the month the CFU changed the qualifiers giving us a bye to the 2nd stage. The foreign based have been training daily all along and the local seniors were advised to back at the centre for this past Monday for a camp. The second stage will be late next month or in early May as per the CFU online calendar.

Cheers
I've been watching some of your posts lately and get the impression that you are hanging around the women's programs. I'm interested in knowing some of the foreign based players who have been called in to training since March 7th and how or who invites the foreign based players and what criteria or mechanim is in place for the process?
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 11:03:30 PM »
i loved seeing them of foxsoccerchannel last time. especial the St. Louis girl. I think Jerron Nixon wife was one of them too  ???

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 11:10:09 PM »
i loved seeing them of foxsoccerchannel last time. especial the St. Louis girl. I think Jerron Nixon wife was one of them too  ???

How long ago that was  ??? ???

1]; } ?>