April 29, 2024, 04:31:21 AM

Author Topic: Forget Rooney, magical Messi is the world's best  (Read 20065 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Forget Rooney, magical Messi is the world's best
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 01:07:29 PM »
wow....when i saw zeppo's name as last post, i instinctively thought he was going to say that donovan better than both of them.  :-\
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 04:49:37 PM »
I am sick of hearing this and dat for this Messi guy... Surely he is the same player for Argentina no? That scraped threw in qualifications? Messi is fun to watch but all the credit should not go his way. give credit to the players that know him well enough in order to find him and put the ball where he wants it. A TEAM EFFORT.

Anyways my point here is Barcalona side have a really good defensive team, Keita, Puyol and company is really hard to break down, this is pep bread an butta. Henry is the man that has recently been pulling the strings in barcalona, give him the credit he opens up so much space for Messi to create room which he makes look easy.

I don't like Rooney either... He didn't score a rocket against barca in the finals last year, I have zero faith in him until he does something better. My side now is as u may have guessed.. Inter. and if they get beat again by Barca that wont change.

Yea barca beat up on Valencia and a cheesy german team.. not like it was bayern  7 yrs ago when german football had ballack. In my opinion Barca scraped threw the CL last time and had alot of luck to win esp in the finals they will not win this time. LYON BEATING BARCA FOR SURE.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:53:46 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 06:36:05 PM »
I am sick of hearing this and dat for this Messi guy... Surely he is the same player for Argentina no? That scraped threw in qualifications? Messi is fun to watch but all the credit should not go his way. give credit to the players that know him well enough in order to find him and put the ball where he wants it. A TEAM EFFORT.

Anyways my point here is Barcalona side have a really good defensive team, Keita, Puyol and company is really hard to break down, this is pep bread an butta. Henry is the man that has recently been pulling the strings in barcalona, give him the credit he opens up so much space for Messi to create room which he makes look easy.

I don't like Rooney either... He didn't score a rocket against barca in the finals last year, I have zero faith in him until he does something better. My side now is as u may have guessed.. Inter. and if they get beat again by Barca that wont change.

Yea barca beat up on Valencia and a cheesy german team.. not like it was bayern  7 yrs ago when german football had ballack. In my opinion Barca scraped threw the CL last time and had alot of luck to win esp in the finals they will not win this time. LYON BEATING BARCA FOR SURE.

Allyuh good we. Barca had the most wins in CL 08-09 and scored the most goals. Then they give Lyon 6-3 on aggregate, then Bayern 5-1 on Aggregate Had a tough one against Chelsea and then give the defending Champions 2  on the trot and they scrape through
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »

you should tune in when barca plays ...you are missing something in the plot.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 06:47:50 AM »

CO-SIGN BRODDA!!!

I saying the same thign real long now.
I remember when everybody was on the Kaka bandwagon too. Curious how his name has dropped off the radar of World's Best.
Messi is in the fortunate situation of palying for a team whose style really complements him and brings out his best.
The boy is genius, no doubt, but he cyah shine CRonaldo's shoes. And I don't even like CR9.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 07:47:50 AM »
Shotta12 you taught me this today:

Barca scrape through the CL last year.
Messi does only look good becuz he gets good passes.

Thanks.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 08:57:09 AM »

In my opinion Barca scraped threw the CL last time and had alot of luck to win esp in the finals they will not win this time. LYON BEATING BARCA FOR SURE.

sHOTTA, you still have Rainbow Cable home by you ah wha, the one das does go directly into the tv?

What sh!t you talking?

A side that was a joy to watch by both the neutral and ardent fans, a side that play the best free flowing football we see in a while, a side that boast the world footballer of the year, a side that win 6 trophies was lucky?

Explain to me how Barca was lucky in the finals against ManU, when they had nearly 70% posession and ManU were literally chasing shadows for large portions of the game.

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 08:59:21 AM »

Messi is in the fortunate situation of palying for a team whose style really complements him and brings out his best.
The boy is genius, no doubt, but he cyah shine CRonaldo's shoes. And I don't even like CR9.

Yuh torkin' real sh*t dey hoss... plain and simple

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:01:05 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 09:34:05 AM »
Dred, when someone explains Messi's disappearing act for Argentina, I will rate him.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 09:52:39 AM »
Dred, when someone explains Messi's disappearing act for Argentina, I will rate him.

And what has C.Ronaldo done for Portugal that is sooooo impressive?

Last Copa America Messi tore the opposition to shreds- until Brazil....

Last World Cup, when Messi came on for Arg, he always lifted their attack- he gave a different dimension and different level of unpredictability... It was a mystery why Peckerman preferred to use him (and Tevez) off the bench. 

Reminder: Messi is only 22...He has a fair amount of caps but his senior national career is arguably only just taking off- so far it's always run parallel with his youth team career (an area where he undoubtedly has dominated)

I think they both excel more forclub than for country. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:05:54 AM by kicker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »

Marcos you is a real hater... i taking you in long time!!

We go get along real good! lol  :beermug:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 09:56:58 AM »

I now telling meh self I surprised to see Marcos typing such garbage.

I went back to review some of the man older posts to see if I was somehow mixing him up with someone else.

Més que un club.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »
If anybody say they dont rate Messi or Kaka or CR or Rooney as a footballers.  They don't know football. Punto Finale

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »
A side that was a joy to watch by both the neutral and ardent fans, a side that play the best free flowing football we see in a while, a side that boast the world footballer of the year, a side that win 6 trophies was lucky?

Explain to me how Barca was lucky in the finals against ManU, when they had nearly 70% posession and ManU were literally chasing shadows for large portions of the game.

Man United didn't play to thier potencial it is true Barca played well and had alot of luck, if the reds had scored first it would have been a completely different game against Dunga's Brazil

You are missing my point this same messi guy can't even break threw the middle when playing Brazil, men like Lucio and company keeps him in check.. He can only score from the spot.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:27:25 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 01:27:24 PM »

Man United didn't play to thier potencial it is true Barca played well and had alot of luck, if the reds had scored first it would have been a completely different game.

You are missing my point this same messi guy can't even break threw the middle when playing Brazil, men like Lucio and company keeps him in check.. He can only score from the spot.

Hilarious!!  :rotfl:

and on top of that this man talking bout brazil like they is ah fete match side
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 02:05:44 PM »

And what has C.Ronaldo done for Portugal that is sooooo impressive?

Last Copa America Messi tore the opposition to shreds- until Brazil....

Last World Cup, when Messi came on for Arg, he always lifted their attack- he gave a different dimension and different level of unpredictability... It was a mystery why Peckerman preferred to use him (and Tevez) off the bench. 
Reminder: Messi is only 22...He has a fair amount of caps but his senior national career is arguably only just taking off- so far it's always run parallel with his youth team career (an area where he undoubtedly has dominated)

I think they both excel more forclub than for country. 

Because Peckerman (just like Dunga) was/is ah damn fool...everytime ah watch Inter (and Zanetti) play dat is confirmed.
Me? I like Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney all ah dem same friggin way!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 02:32:30 PM »
Man United didn't play to thier potencial it is true Barca played well and had alot of luck, if the reds had scored first it would have been a completely different game against Dunga's Brazil

:rotfl:

Did somebody dare you to make the most audacious statements u can think up?
That is the only explanation I can think of.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 03:48:38 PM »
Some people really need to keep a bowl of smelling salts at their desk when they typing up these posts....or better yet.....a bleach and ammonia solution. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2010, 11:36:04 AM »

I now telling meh self I surprised to see Marcos typing such garbage.

I went back to review some of the man older posts to see if I was somehow mixing him up with someone else.

Nah man. I eh no hater. And i like Messi as a player. I just think that he's a nice player who gets overrated because of the quality of his team.
CRonaldo was far more impactful in the last WC than Messi. Y'all rating him on a couple of sub performances? How far did his team reach again?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 11:48:11 AM »

Nah man. I eh no hater. And i like Messi as a player. I just think that he's a nice player who gets overrated because of the quality of his team.
CRonaldo was far more impactful in the last WC than Messi. Y'all rating him on a couple of sub performances? How far did his team reach again?

Nobody was dissing C.Ronaldo- As a matter of fact, he wasn't even the topic of discussion...This thread was about Rooney v. Messi...Is you push yuh mouth in de talk and ambush it with talk about C. Ronaldo ... Doh try dat  ;D

That said- Messi wasn't as central to Argentina's plans last W.C. as C. Ronaldo was to Portugal's- We could talk forever about why that was so.  Portugal went one round further than Argentina- so not a a huge disparity there...

I don't think Messi relies on Barca to make him look good- by his style of play alone you could tell that he can create stuff individually.  Of course a good team will prop up your game....It's not like C. Ronaldo plays for Wolves....  You can't tell me that Messi hasn't had great solo performances...Remember his Maradona-esque goal against Getafe?  That's just one example.  I'd say on any given day either he or C. Ronaldo could look like the truth...and it all comes down to the style to which you relate more....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:06:55 AM by kicker »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2010, 05:35:27 PM »
Ah hear yuh.

I just cyah stand it when people go overboard about somebody and I don't think it's truly warranted.
Same thing happened to Kaka a few (one?) years ago. Now ppl going the other way and saying he is shite.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 08:17:45 AM »
A couple years ago Kaka was the best, now he's not.
Nobody stays on top forever.
By your logic if C Ronaldo start playin shit in the next couple years then all the praise he earns now will be unwarranted.
That's not true.

And Messi doh need 5 yards to break away from players.
He will do it with 3 players around him.
C. Ronaldo cah do dat :)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:20:46 AM by Peong »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2010, 03:34:29 PM »
Messi just add another 2 Make that 3 to his account. 2nd Last 2 classics. Strength, Speed, Skill.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 03:38:00 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2010, 03:40:49 PM »
Messi just add another 2 Make that 3 to his account. 2nd Last 2 classics. Strength, Speed, Skill.

He has scored Barcelona's last 9 goals in La Liga.  :o

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »

He has scored Barcelona's last 9 goals in La Liga.  :o

Ibrahimovic seeing trouble though.
I feel he having flashbacks of Shaka in Dortmund...  ;D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2010, 03:49:07 PM »
Flikin Messi!

Talk Done!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
Flikin Messi!

Talk Done!

De talk shoulda never even start!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »
Flikin Messi!

Talk Done!

lol vs a relegation bound Zaragoza team...

give me a break

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2010, 03:58:53 PM »

I and all lost wid da post ???

1]; } ?>