April 26, 2024, 02:52:46 AM

Author Topic: Forget Rooney, magical Messi is the world's best  (Read 19990 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Forget Rooney, magical Messi is the world's best
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »
Not very often a man make me hush my mouth. But I hadda hush my mouth on the subject.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2010, 02:23:02 PM »

Yesterday the spanish commentators were calling for Leo Maradona ! ...and all this from a man on painkillers for a tootache !!

hmmmm he may be more like maradonna than we think  ::)
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2010, 03:42:44 PM »
Good post Jai. 

Messi is it right now... Tomorrow it might be someone else, but Messi is it right now...

Different players along the way have had their time (long or brief) to sit at the top and be the undisputed best:

Maradona
Romario
Ronaldo
Rivaldo
Figo
Zidane
Ronaldinho
C. Ronaldo

....Now it's Messi. 

Yuh forgetting man like:

George Best
Michael Owen
Wayne Rooney
Emile Heskey
Steven Gerrard
Peter Crouch

Més que un club.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2010, 04:41:36 PM »
Good post Jai. 

Messi is it right now... Tomorrow it might be someone else, but Messi is it right now...

Different players along the way have had their time (long or brief) to sit at the top and be the undisputed best:

Maradona
Romario
Ronaldo
Rivaldo
Figo
Zidane
Ronaldinho
C. Ronaldo

....Now it's Messi. 

Yuh forgetting man like:

George Best
Michael Owen
Wayne Rooney
Emile Heskey
Steven Gerrard
Peter Crouch 

Seriously  ???
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2010, 04:49:16 PM »
Did anyone see the Messi show yesterday ? For all that was written I still dont think they did Messi's performance justice. I am now in a doubt as to the best player I have ever seen play football.

Yesterday the spanish commentators were calling for Leo Maradona ! ...and all this from a man on painkillers for a tootache !!

For me Maradona could do anything with a ball and against any opponent So I had him as the best I had seen ..now Messi is forcing me to think again ....for all the previous discussion I have read on this thread folks are bringing the argument down to who scores the most goals ???

Also the impact of Messi on the game of football goes far beyond the argument about which is beter EPL or La Liga.

A world cup without Messi would certainly be tarnished just as in the era of Pele and Maradona. These players have to be there for you to claim that football is the greatest game on earth. The skill and daring of Leo Messi is what draws fans to the game...this is no safe player ...this is a cunning, skillful destroyer whose reputation makes you wary but who you are powerless to stop.

Many decry his size saying that he would not stand up to tough defenders but the Sttutgart defender who boasted that they were not afraid of Messi must have wondered what hit them !
Imagine you study this player , his every move, his every step , his positioning , yet you cant seem to be able to stop him ???

Messi is the michael Jordan of football if you are a basketball fan and the USAIN BOLT , if athletics is your beef.
His performance yesterday showed how much superior he is even to his own Barcelona team mates who are themselves world beaters. There is no doubt in the coach's mind or even in the mind of the Barcelona who rules the roost. The look of disbelief in the face of Keita and others after Mess's second goal yesterday told the tale ...how does he do that ???

Messi could have scored 7 yesterday but being a team player he tried desperately to get Ibra on the scoresheet...he pased off to Ibra when it was much easier to score on many ocassions. It was as if he did not need to score ...He could do that anytime ...goals are the battle the bigger picture is the war . That is the reason I find that discussing who scores more goals between Messi and anybody is just to major in minors.

The penalty that Messi allowed Ibra to take showed how much of a team player he is ....Christiano would not have given that up so easily and with Messi's talent and his mind set would have scored 50 goals already.
Messi smiled as Ibra moved to take the kick calmly stepping aside when he had done everything to get that goal.
I would have done the same thing as the Zaragoza defender ...for if he had not fouled Messi then and there I am afraid the game of football would have had to undergo a serious revision to ensure that no player ever makes it look that easy again.

It was as if all Messi had to say was ...gimme dat ball ...and just watch dis ! As a spectator in front of my TV I could not sit down.  I felt like I was seeing something special. After so many years of watching football surely nothing could surprise anymore ...but the neighbours must have been wondering if I was going mad...
Sorry for ranting folks but I dont believe Messi and anyone is in the same class right now ....he does not have to prove himself as the world's best he has already been aclaimed as such ...from youth level to seniors ..he has demonstrated his class ..he is now at the level of making others great ....

Leo messi was born to play football ...he could not adapt to the game in such a manner if he wasn't. He  is akin to mohammed Ali , Tiger woods and Michael jordan. To all those who challenge thesse players I say one thing ...Just tell them it cannot be done ! ..as Mesi's header in the champions league final or that Lara could not break the World record twice !

Jai John, yuh preach dey..............Farrakhan and all woulda cry speechless!!

I can appreciate that different people like different things about different players and that is why I have to let those that love the razzle-dazzle, shiny-penny football that cronaldo does play, love that.  Everything you describe about Messi, is why I think there is, and won't be for quite some time, no one better.  And this is not just about someone "being on top" for a moment, however, long or short.  This is about recognizing those once-in-a-lifetime/generation types of players that transcends some annual, subjective award.  Even when cronaldo was given the title of "world's best player" it was more a reflection of his form than his class and the title wasn't as "indisputable" as some may like to say it was.  For all that rooney is doing and all the goals he's scoring and all that cronaldo does: the same step over move, over and over again, the diving, the strong man pose to take a free kick (give me a f**king break!) and all the talent he has: you will NEVER see either of them doing what Messi does, on a regular:

Over and over again he blows past 2-3 players in a single run.
Nobody else does that today.

or scoring the kinds of goals that Messi scores(.....on a regular:)

Some may say that rooney has carried manu on his back this season, and to some extent, by living up to his promise of filling cronaldo's goal-scoring void, he has. But rooney can't do most of what he does without lots of good service from his teammates.  One of the great things that separates Messi from rooney is that Messi doesn't need service.  He can create his own chances. (from as far back as his own half!)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »
i think messi is de man to watch at the moment . . according to my pardnah . . doh know how yuh supposed to mark somebody who could teleport. . ahahah .. .  but under all seriousness. . the man just good. . . i am happy to be living in an era to have seen greats like zidane and michael jordan and usain and lara  .. and now messi. . .. . .
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »
Good post Jai. 

Maradona
Romario
Ronaldo
Rivaldo
Figo
Zidane
Ronaldinho
C. Ronaldo

....Now it's Messi. 

Yuh forgetting man like:

George Best
Michael Owen
Wayne Rooney
Emile Heskey
Steven Gerrard
Peter Crouch 

Seriously  ???

:rotfl: :rotfl:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2010, 09:40:16 PM »
i think messi is de man to watch at the moment . . according to my pardnah . . doh know how yuh supposed to mark somebody who could teleport. . ahahah .. .  but under all seriousness. . the man just good. . . i am happy to be living in an era to have seen greats like zidane and michael jordan and usain and lara  .. and now messi. . .. . .

doh 4get tiger, federer, phelps,( josh  ;D)
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Dear Diego Maradonna......
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »
Dear Diego

The kid messi has loads of talent, many think he is just as good as you were and even better and he just needs a world cup to have his name forever etched in history as the greatest.

You have one of the most potent strike force on the planet, including Messi, Carlos Tevez, Sergio Aguero, Gonzalo Higuain , Diego Milito and the inform Lucas Barrios from Borussia Dortmund, contributing more than 120 goals in their respective league plays and the season is not yet done, however your midfield is dead!!! and it’s a shame you cant get past your personal differences to include one of the masters of the game  Juan Román Riquelme. We seem to have to live with that decision, so here’s a piece of advice

Try Messi in a center midfield position, you need not worry about the strikers they are more than capable but I think messi has enough quality and creativity to exploit any team from the center of the park and open the spaces for the strikers, partner messi in midfield with holding and defensive mids. I guarantee you he has the passing and creative ability to make and exploit space for the strikers and even go on to contribute goals with some of his mazing runs.

They compare him to you, and think what position did you play ? I think its worth a shot because you need a prayer otherwise.

Dear Dunga

Don’t get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Diego Maradonna......
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2010, 08:40:45 PM »
hahaha good post
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
Dear Don Leo

you shoulda pick...........
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2010, 10:06:50 PM »
Dear Don Leo

you shoulda pick...........

.....de little magician coach.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2010, 10:46:03 PM »
I want to read the rough sketch for dunga  por favor tambien :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2010, 07:14:23 AM »
I still think Messi has more flair than Rooney but I think Rooney this season probably edges him on the overall statistics... It's a tough decision but both players are neck and neck... I guess the only way to judge is if United and Barca square off this season

Messi 31 in 37... Rooney 32 in 37... let's not forget Ronaldo..22 in 22  :o

Small Mag bless us with an update on de count nah :)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2010, 10:17:32 AM »
Is Messi the greatest ever?

The debate about Lionel Messi, in Spain and around the world, seems to have moved on in recent weeks, and the Barcelona player has gone from being a great to 'the greatest'.

Messi won every player of the year award in 2009, including Fifa's own honour, and at the start of this year looked a good long range bet to do so again, unless Wayne Rooney or Cristiano Ronaldo had hugely spectacular World Cup campaigns.

However, after his widely publicised displays just over a week ago against Stuttgart and Valencia - although his more recent performances in La Liga against Osasuna and Mallorca were a little more modest by his own high standards - there have been headlines and discussion over whether he is actually the best player of all time.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
!!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2010, 01:36:55 PM »
Now going to dig this up.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:46 PM »
Everyone who said Messi was not good... Just leave the f***king room now!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »
He does only look good because he gets good passes lol

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »

leaves room, closes door behind them ....
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »
I waiting to see somebody do "The Fall" spoof with that line.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »
brilliant.. but ah rather when they call him Messi
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2010, 03:10:52 PM »
why didn't messi save these goals for when he playing a "massive" side?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »
Palos ...yuh eatin yuh words just so or wid ah little ketchup "?  Is ok yuh know ...You could comment on Messi now ... :devil:
your belly mus be big like mine after all dem words yuh does have to eat...Look at Tevez now .... you could still change your mind on Ar :beermug:gentina yuh know

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2010, 03:49:58 PM »
I am sick of hearing this and dat for this Messi guy... Surely he is the same player for Argentina no? That scraped threw in qualifications? Messi is fun to watch but all the credit should not go his way. give credit to the players that know him well enough in order to find him and put the ball where he wants it. A TEAM EFFORT.

Anyways my point here is Barcalona side have a really good defensive team, Keita, Puyol and company is really hard to break down, this is pep bread an butta. Henry is the man that has recently been pulling the strings in barcalona, give him the credit he opens up so much space for Messi to create room which he makes look easy.

I don't like Rooney either... He didn't score a rocket against barca in the finals last year, I have zero faith in him until he does something better. My side now is as u may have guessed.. Inter. and if they get beat again by Barca that wont change.

Yea barca beat up on Valencia and a cheesy german team.. not like it was bayern  7 yrs ago when german football had ballack. In my opinion Barca scraped threw the CL last time and had alot of luck to win esp in the finals they will not win this time. LYON BEATING BARCA FOR SURE.

Més que un club.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »

Somebody had to come talk some shit! Did he not score in the CL final last year against ManU  ???
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2010, 04:15:53 PM »
MESSI  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2010, 04:28:05 PM »

Somebody had to come talk some shit! Did he not score in the CL final last year against ManU  ???

He said massive side though.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »

Oh ok I get it. next game he go score an own goal  :-\
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »

Oh ok I get it. next game he go score an own goal  :-\

Sarcasm meter broken today?

That was something I drop for somebody who say Messi doh score against big side

1]; } ?>