April 27, 2024, 07:00:21 PM

Author Topic: Murder for a baby  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Murder for a baby
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:45:51 AM »
Woman tells police officer:..
Murder for a baby

FRANCIS JOSEPH
Published: 18 Mar 2010
http://guardian.co.tt/news/crime/2010/03/18/murder-baby

Kerry Ann Hosang

A woman, when confronted that she and others killed another woman, told the police: “I wanted Reena’s baby, so I paid her boyfriend and his friend $2,300 to lick up Reena so I could get her baby.” Those words came from the mouth of retired police officer, Stephen Tim Kew, as he gave evidence in the trial of Kerry Ann Hosang, 28, who is before Justice Herbert Volney in the Port-of-Spain First Criminal Court. Hosang is charged with the murder of Reena Kissoon, 28, at Phase Seven, La Horquetta, on September 3, 2005. Hosang is being defended by Tristle Khan-Leu and Shalini Khan, while State attorney Tricia Hudlin-Cooper is prosecuting. Tim Kew, who spent 33 years in the Police Service, was the fourth witnesses to testify yesterday, the first day of the trial.

Tim Kew continued his conversation with the accused Hosang, “I stay by Reena Independence night and early Thursday morning, Reena’s boyfriend and his friend came. I opened the door for them to come in. Reena’s boyfriend took out a knife and cut Reena in the neck and Reena fell to the ground. I took up the baby and left. Three days later, I found out that Reena was found dead at her house.” Tim Kew said that on September 3, 2005, he confronted Hosang at her home in La Horquetta. After cautioning her, Hosang said, “I have the baby sleeping in there.” Tim Kew told Hosang that he had information that she was in possession of Reena’s baby, and she said nothing further. Tim Kew said he entered the house with WPC Francis, and in a bedroom, he saw a baby lying on its belly on a bed. WPC Francis took the baby, and Tim Kew arrested Hosang. He then left for Champs Fleurs and then to the Mount Hope hospital. He said the baby was medically examined after which he received a medical report.

Tim Kew went to the La Horquetta Police Station and had a photograph taken of the baby. Gillian Borneo, a friend of both the accused and the dead woman, went to the police station and identified the baby as belonging to Reena Kissoon. Tim Kew told Hosang he wanted to interview her and cautioned her. He questioned her and she answered. Both questions and answers were recorded by PC Lewis. After the interview which ended at 10.15 pm on September 6, 2005, Tim Kew said Hosang read over the interviews notes and signed the document on each page. Tim Kew said the following day, he spoke to PC Lewis who gave him certain information. As a result, Tim Kew agreed to meet with an informant, who did not want to be identified and who did not want to speak at the police station.

After that, he went to the Arouca Police Station and took Hosang to a room there. “I told the accused I had information that she, together with other persons, were responsible for the death of Reena Kissoon, whose body was found at her home at Phase Seven, La Horquetta,” he said. Tim Kew cautioned the woman, and she responded. The following day, Hosang complained of not feeling well. She was taken to the Arima Health facility and a medical report obtained. Tim Kew, the main investigator, went to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions where he was given instructions to charge Hosang with murder. On his return to the police station, Tim Kew informed Hosang that he had instructions to charge her. When informed of her rights and privileges, Hosang replied, “I have a lawyer already.” Hearing continues today.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Murder for a baby
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »
poor baby. :(
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »
This story says a lot about the mentality of people in T&T. The murder and crime rate is not just an enforcement issue. Look at it. This woman decide she want a baby and will just take somebody else own. Then pays the mother's boyfriend take $2300 and put a knife in her neck. and in the end is unapologetic. She wanted the baby, so she take it.

The lack of a moral standard in these 3 people is amazing. A life is worth $2300? Even if it is, this plan had no hope of working. So in the end it was a murder for what? distraction? Nothing was on TV that day?

If we looking at a generation of amoral people. People who might respond to a deterrent, but not an inherent belief that crime is wrong, what can we do about that?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »
This story says a lot about the mentality of people in T&T. The murder and crime rate is not just an enforcement issue. Look at it. This woman decide she want a baby and will just take somebody else own. Then pays the mother's boyfriend take $2300 and put a knife in her neck. and in the end is unapologetic. She wanted the baby, so she take it.

The lack of a moral standard in these 3 people is amazing. A life is worth $2300? Even if it is, this plan had no hope of working. So in the end it was a murder for what? distraction? Nothing was on TV that day?

If we looking at a generation of amoral people. People who might respond to a deterrent, but not an inherent belief that crime is wrong, what can we do about that?

IS Manning fault, is Panday fault, is Martin Joseph's fault maybe soon it go be Kamla's fault.

1]; } ?>