March 29, 2024, 06:55:47 AM

Author Topic: Fulham - 4 Juventus - 1  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fulham - 4 Juventus - 1
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:41:20 PM »
Clint Dempsey just scored a stupendous chip to complete the blowout (well, almost, 10 minutes left).

Juve fans?  :rotfl:

Inter is carryin that league on its back.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fulham - 4 Juventus - 1
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 01:57:01 PM »
Good game. Happy for Fulham.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »
doh fack me up nuh man!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »
Serie A boy  ::) ::)

forza EPL

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 03:52:35 PM »
  :'( my team hittin rock bottom. it's hard to see this...veerrrry hard. Team need changes plain and simple, upstairs as well as on d field. They only use center backs to play right back like 3 years now...i hear rumours of Sagna in the summer and i endorse that fully. Secondly i dont get y alllll year long we play with only 3 attacking players, Diego behind whoever is d front 2. 3 players to do d main attacking work is ULTRA-defensive. 4 defenders and 3 defensive mids all season long (3 between Melo, Sissoko, Marchisio, Poulsen), is not like they playin Barca every game wey they need so much ball winners (Marchisio is d only one with even ah ounce ah thought of gettin forward to support). I understand Diego best position is behind d strikers but y cant they bench one of d 3 defensive mids and play Diego deeper as one of d midfield 3 (like ah Iniesta). That way they can add an extra attackin player...anyway enough ah dat....is mih team and ah hurtin...and d solution seem simple to me
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
Hard to watch Juventus, not a fan of Diego, Alex, Nedved, Trezzy all old players now. Turin side has suffered alot in the last five years after the big scandal.. Raneri is not the manager I expected to replace Lippi and surprised when he took the Italy National side after seeing Juventus struggle in the middle of the league last year and again this time.

Surprising enough Milan is sucking just as bad but still manage to have a  realistic chance of taking the league.  Sad to see. Maldini gone, players we grew up loving have gotten old, time for the new generation of players to step up and make thier own records. One thing is for certain, we will never see another Zidane, Alex, Totti, Nedved, Maldini, Buffon, the real ronaldo, and i might get cuss but van nisterooj should be up there with the best of the decade.
Clint Dempsey just scored a stupendous chip
Dempsey is quality, hard worker for a midfield striker. He is the best player in the American camp for the last 2? years after Mc Bride didnt you notice everytime USA play tnt on home soil the man got our number.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:33:07 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 07:41:16 PM »
Dempsey - golazo!!!!!!!!!

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 08:56:37 PM »
Serie A gone thru! In the late 80's and 90's Serie A was the best league in the World. Not anymore. Never before were English teams hammering Italian teams. The level has drop badly!!!!!!!!!! The league is itself has weakened!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:08:57 PM »
Serie A gone thru! In the late 80's and 90's Serie A was the best league in the World. Not anymore. Never before were English teams hammering Italian teams. The level has drop badly!!!!!!!!!! The league is itself has weakened!!
de match fixin scandal mash dem up or wha
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 01:45:13 AM »
de match fixin scandal mash dem up or wha

Serie A was the top league when the money was there. Now the money is in the EPL followed by La Liga, so the best players gravitate to those league. Unless Serie A can compete with the EPL and La Liga financially, it will continue its downward spiral.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 03:16:35 AM »
I eh no Juventus fan but it look, to me at least, like Juve get jobbed on a couple critical calls in dat game. I doh see how Canavarro shoulda get sent off on dat foul and dat so-called hand ball on Diego look more like "ball-to-hand" than "hand-to-ball" too.  Oh well....it happens. Fulham better enjoy it while it lasts because I doh see it lasting too long fuh dem.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
Yep, dat was a weird red card for Canarvaro. But to lose to Fulham by that score is just crazy. This is Juventus we talking bout; not Bari or Torino!!!

Yes, the EPL have de money now, but Serie A still have some GOOD players on their teams; big time internationals, but de standard of de league had tanked! U see alot of empty seats at the games their now..........

Also Italy was the TOUGHEST league for strikers; goals were hard to get. Games use to be 1 -0; 0 - 0. Now that defensive style of play in Italy has chanced tremendously!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 11:49:36 AM »
Fulham beat Man U 3-0 at home

They lost to Man U 3-0 on the road

They beat Juventus 4-1 at home

They lost to Juventus 3-1 on the road

Those results seem almost identical to me....All this talk about EPL so much better than Serie A might be correct, but I don't think that's what this result implies. To me this result just says that Fulham is a very tough and unpredictable customer at Craven Cottage.....

Liverpool didn't lose to Fiorentina both home & away in the Champions' League?

Chelsea didn't lose to Inter Milan both home & away in the Champions' League?

I agree Italian football has dropped off quite a bit from previous levels, and I think the EPL overall still gets the nod as far as quality of the leagues in Europe goes.....but ah feel allyuh gettin' carried away with this result. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 11:58:57 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 12:03:29 PM »
Come on Latas, cap Zamora!
Hart for president

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 12:30:54 PM »
Come on Latas, cap Zamora!

I was gonna post on the old lady (yes i am an inter fan but i'm a closet juve man) but i hadda say sumn bout this zamora post. zamora don't want to play for trinidad he'll keep inventing stuff until he's sure that he not going to make and england team, right now his coach saying that zamora should get call up for england cuz he in form... so until that pass out he not coming here and even if he does in the next four yrs we should have proper young talent not old fogies who only showing up for the paparazzi.

Ok now onto juve... too much off the field probs tearing up italy including juve when man locking coach in toilet yuh know things shitty...

I don't think that serie A in a mess just yet, they actually having a revival. As far back as when baggio was at inter i noticing that italian teams can't play english teams, they just hardly used to meet and when they did english teams used to self destruct, not so much that the italians outplayed them. EPL (though still like foot rugby to me) get better and more consistent esp at the top. Throughout epl n spl all the teams fast (cuz when yuh doh have skill yuh hadda depend on speed) but the top clubs have some decent foreign coaches who bring in some proper tactics. I'm sure though if money was available throughout the league to refresh the squad italy would get much faster and their superior tactics would pull them tru.
AS it stands the only clubs capable of even fast ball play now are roma, florentina, juve (with the right midfield selections) and inter (but jose have them moving slow most times, he might change that for barca). But cuz of the above problems: off the field drama, cash flow, & old men only inter and la viola and prob roma going to do well in europe next yr.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:34:48 PM by TriniItalian »
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 03:11:40 PM »
To me this result just says that Fulham is a very tough and unpredictable customer at Craven Cottage.....

.....but ah feel allyuh gettin' carried away with this result. 

....and, again, Juventus played most of the game a man down, too eh.  But this is why I say they better enjoy it.  I don't think they going much further. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 07:05:11 AM »
o gosh y them maken that epl look so good stueps i vex with juve man
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 07:54:23 AM »
Fulham beat Man U 3-0 at home

They lost to Man U 3-0 on the road

They beat Juventus 4-1 at home

They lost to Juventus 3-1 on the road

Those results seem almost identical to me....All this talk about EPL so much better than Serie A might be correct, but I don't think that's what this result implies. To me this result just says that Fulham is a very tough and unpredictable customer at Craven Cottage.....

Liverpool didn't lose to Fiorentina both home & away in the Champions' League?

Chelsea didn't lose to Inter Milan both home & away in the Champions' League?

I agree Italian football has dropped off quite a bit from previous levels, and I think the EPL overall still gets the nod as far as quality of the leagues in Europe goes.....but ah feel allyuh gettin' carried away with this result. 

Well said kicker...........some people just like to huff and puff without looking at all the facts.  I agree that the EPL is the flag bearer league, but i guarantee u that every team in that quarter final draw wanted Fulham!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 10:35:26 AM »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 11:09:58 AM »
i aint read none ah d thread....anyways...regardless of who play we shouldnt be lossin like that...however a proper juventus team would be too strong for fulham..side like palermo genoa udinese sampdoria flick even bari would have gotten that job done comfortably..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 11:51:24 AM »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 01:51:10 PM »
Look like he may have meant to cross...

Nah, he meant to score.

He's a skillful player with a nose for goal, and he's shown himself to be capable of getting the better of goalkeepers from those kinds of angles on other occasions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlIrWibM_AM
- Xavi

1]; } ?>