April 27, 2024, 11:19:23 PM

Author Topic: Clarence signs pro contract in Turkey  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Clarence signs pro contract in Turkey
« on: March 19, 2010, 06:20:01 PM »
TTFF Media

National Under 23/20 Forward Juma Clarence has signed a two and half year contract with Turkish Second Division club Hacettepe SK. They campaign in the Bank Asya League 1

Clarence, one of the standouts of the National Under 20 team which participated at the FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt last year during which he netted in the 2-1 defeat to Italy, agreed to the contract after going on trial in early February.

Clarence, who turned 21 on Wednesday, returned to Turkey last month and has already made two appearances with his debut coming earlier this month in a 35-minute appearance. He then netted his first goal in the club’s next encounter. Wearing the number 13 shirt, he started and scored in the 12th minute to give his team a 2-1 lead in an eventual 5-2 defeat to Gazientep BZ this past Sunday.

The Fyzabad-born ex-Presentation College San Fernando forward said he was still getting accustomed to the new conditions and style of play at the club.

“It’s been a tough experience so far but a really good one,” Clarence  told TTFF Media on Thursday.

“I signed with the club until 2012. It was hard in the beginning because when I came up here earlier this year the conditions were very cold and that took some getting used to but now I’ve settled in and getting my first goal was a big help. It’s been like a month since I signed and it’s just a lot of hard work everyday. It’s non-stop football,” added Clarence who is listed among the players being handled by Football Mix B.V, players agent licensed under the Netherlands Football Association.

Hacettepe is based in Ankara and was founded in 1923. They are the Reserve team and feeder team to Turkish Super League club Gençlerbirliği which is has always been one of the teams in Turkey most notable for its talented young footballers that it procures through scouting both in Turkey and throughout Europe and Africa.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Clarence signs pro contract in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:26:36 PM »
Big up Mel!!!

when ah was back home for xmas, he really tell meh he was looking to go on trial in europe....give nuff thx for dis blessing for de youth.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
Wish him the best..can anyone tell me how competitive is the Turkish second division compared to England League 1 ??

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 07:10:13 PM »
I imagine it isn't easy for a young Trini to pack up and live in Turkey. Language, culture , weather, plenty things different. He showing a lot of guts to go out there and take his chance. I real happy for him.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 07:17:42 PM »
I imagine it isn't easy for a young Trini to pack up and live in Turkey. Language, culture , weather, plenty things different. He showing a lot of guts to go out there and take his chance. I real happy for him.

Turkey real nice breds.  Crossroads between Europe and Asia...Real nice place.  Them US Air Force peeps love to go Turkey...BEST US BASE in the world they say...Turkey is it.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 07:43:34 PM »
Ask vb bout Turkey...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:29:20 PM »
Ask vb bout Turkey...

He also get d wuk 2 provide we wit updates bout d yute progress.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 08:30:52 PM »
Well done young man.  :applause:

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
Well DONE!!!

At least u didn't go to the nonsense US College Soccer crap and declined just like hundreds of other talented players. Keep working!!!!!!

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 08:39:32 PM »
So far he has already done better than Jamal Gay did with his short European stint, one goal in a game and a lil  bit. Looked a good player in the U20 world cup. And he wasnt initially in the team. Took his chance well. Now do T&T, ur parents and urself proud. Hope he gets promoted to the first team and takes his chance there as well

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 08:50:43 PM »
This fellah work himself up into a position where he is at right now.
He remind of Darryl Roberts handle yuhself fellah and goodluck.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 11:08:55 PM »
TTFF Media

National Under 23/20 Forward Juma Clarence has signed a two and half year contract with Turkish Second Division club Hacettepe SK. They campaign in the Bank Asya League 1

Clarence, one of the standouts of the National Under 20 team which participated at the FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt last year during which he netted in the 2-1 defeat to Italy, agreed to the contract after going on trial in early February.

Clarence, who turned 21 on Wednesday, returned to Turkey last month and has already made two appearances with his debut coming earlier this month in a 35-minute appearance. He then netted his first goal in the club’s next encounter. Wearing the number 13 shirt, he started and scored in the 12th minute to give his team a 2-1 lead in an eventual 5-2 defeat to Gazientep BZ this past Sunday.

The Fyzabad-born ex-Presentation College San Fernando forward said he was still getting accustomed to the new conditions and style of play at the club.

“It’s been a tough experience so far but a really good one,” Clarence  told TTFF Media on Thursday.

“I signed with the club until 2012. It was hard in the beginning because when I came up here earlier this year the conditions were very cold and that took some getting used to but now I’ve settled in and getting my first goal was a big help. It’s been like a month since I signed and it’s just a lot of hard work everyday. It’s non-stop football,” added Clarence who is listed among the players being handled by Football Mix B.V, players agent licensed under the Netherlands Football Association.

Hacettepe is based in Ankara and was founded in 1923. They are the Reserve team and feeder team to Turkish Super League club Gençlerbirliği which is has always been one of the teams in Turkey most notable for its talented young footballers that it procures through scouting both in Turkey and throughout Europe and Africa.

I love that. That's what we need in TnT in order to improve...non-stop football.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 12:21:14 AM »
saw this earlier , but didnt think any one would of cared about this to post it

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 12:38:43 AM »
Here is his goal from last week (not the prettiest but it works...1:35 in). 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nLVDjUfLDS0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nLVDjUfLDS0</a>

This team is pretty bad I think and are second from bottom in their league.  He could end up playing in the third tier of Turkish football next year.  Its odd because they and the team below them (Kocaelispor) were in the top tier last year.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 12:40:46 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 03:15:08 AM »
Here is his goal from last week (not the prettiest but it works...1:35 in). 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nLVDjUfLDS0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nLVDjUfLDS0</a>

This team is pretty bad I think and are second from bottom in their league.  He could end up playing in the third tier of Turkish football next year.  Its odd because they and the team below them (Kocaelispor) were in the top tier last year.
That keeper iz real high school man! all dem goals was extremely savingable with ah fairly good keeper, not even ah great one , just ah fairly good one.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 05:10:55 AM »
D fella set up d 1st goal too...and he score ah goal..that goal he score wasnt d easiest to control...many ah man have kicked over bar from dey....ask Maurice Alibey or was it Phibert Jones....all yuh football poungs know what ah talkin about
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 06:11:35 AM »
i glad 4 him he rel impressed me fuh d world cup.....i not to sure about turkish second division though, i not to sure how scouts will find him there so he cud move to a better league but then again if they cud find him on a lil island any cud happen yes........al d best boy
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 06:22:12 AM »
Lets hope Juma Clarence is not left to rot in Turkey like Roberts.TT probably thinks that their league is better than Turkey's and maybe that is the reason for not inviting Roberts,hope they change their approach.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 06:43:31 AM »
i glad 4 him he rel impressed me fuh d world cup.....i not to sure about turkish second division though, i not to sure how scouts will find him there so he cud move to a better league but then again if they cud find him on a lil island any cud happen yes........al d best boy
Turkish  league en ah bad league and remember that this is a feeder club so even if they get relegated he could still end up in the Turkish First Division based on his performances. Good start that he make so far, just have to keep it up and score bout 5-6 more in he first season, thats not bad for a shitty side

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 09:50:02 AM »
Top news!  Make the most of it.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 09:54:03 AM »
This league may not be all hat but it is better than playing in our pro league or us college ball because it will give him a little international exposure and i am sure some scout from a bigger team will spot him. I see Juma as our next Stern John.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 01:49:48 PM »
How many Second Division leagues are accompanied by professional commentary? Hmmmm.

He may be gehhin a lil kix and ribbin from teammates about the name ... Juma is a character/name that  provides humour for Turks based on some kinda cultural or 'comical' reference, as explained to me by some Turkish ballers/friends.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »

Turkey real nice breds.  Crossroads between Europe and Asia...Real nice place.  Them US Air Force peeps love to go Turkey...BEST US BASE in the world they say...Turkey is it.

Second that.  I found the Turks to be very respectful and welcoming on my visit there.

1]; } ?>