April 29, 2024, 10:42:16 AM

Author Topic: Progression in Laventille?  (Read 1363 times)

AirMan

Progression in Laventille?
« on: March 21, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PN40AMwX3ME" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PN40AMwX3ME</a>
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:39:09 PM by AirMan »

AirMan

Re: Progression in Laventille?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
Laventille wants KFC outlet
By COREY CONNELLY Sunday, March 7 2010

It is one of the most violent and depressed communities in the country, known more for drugs, guns and murders than for its reputation of giving birth to the only new musical instrument in the 21st century — the steelpan.

And although Laventille has, from time immemorial, pledged its allegiance to the People’s National Movement (PNM), the area, located a short distance away from the capital city, Port-of-Spain, continues to bow under the weight of crime, poverty, stigmatisation and hopelessness. Read the rest http://www.newsday.co.tt/sunday_special_report/0,116869.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 07:55:02 PM »
... for its reputation of giving birth to the only new musical instrument in the 21st century — the steelpan.

So wait. Pan get invented after Y2K?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »
... for its reputation of giving birth to the only new musical instrument in the 21st century — the steelpan.

Dat si the balanced, well regarded T&T press at work...who de hell is you?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 08:26:04 PM »

Dat si the balanced, well regarded T&T press at work...who de hell is you?
allya givin de T&T press ah hard time
The FACTS never get in the way of a good story :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

AirMan

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 08:32:47 PM »
What good story West Coast ?..Ah man who love PNM so much him believe him totee is the "snake in the baliser" claims the T&T Press in partnership with Airman have an "Agenda".  :rotfl:...He will soon come back to show himself :devil:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:39:04 PM by AirMan »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 08:46:14 PM »
What good story West Coast ?..Ah man who love PNM so much him believe him totee is the "snake in the baliser" claims the T&T Press in partnership with Airman have an "Agenda".  :rotfl:...He will soon come back to show himself :devil:
call he name
I go  :whistling:

;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

AirMan

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 08:48:57 PM »
call he name
I go  :whistling:

;D

Nah man its more useless to call him name than the 2 million dollar flag dat he daddy put up in POS..Trust me him MUST show himself , so no need to call him name..in ah timeing ah have ah smallie to go bother  :devil:

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 02:33:16 AM »
Laventille receiving assistance is wonderful news

BUT

Aren't there other communities in our twin island that also require special attention?

I would love to know other communities in our twin island that has been in the downward spiral for years that also require assistance...
Ah say it, how ah see it

AirMan

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
^^ True True Hopefully we can see more nationwide assistance..I know Point Fortin was protesting not too long now for a new hospital can anyone update me on that issue ???. :-\.Thanks in advance

1]; } ?>