April 28, 2024, 10:37:49 PM

Author Topic: Barbados airport best in the Caribbean  (Read 17921 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barbados airport best in the Caribbean
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »
Brian Lara want he name in the stadium...? Just asking... :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »
I like how you does try to portray a view of a person by asking a question in a kinda matter of fact way.

I am neither here nor there on the issue....I don't find it important in the grand scheme of things.

The highway was/is given a name to give people directions.

I find nuttin wrong with crown point, dais where it located.

But any way answer meh previous question nah...instead of NAPA....who center of performing arts you want it name after.

As for the Elizabeth and Obama thing...that is just your view. Also it ent true.

This naming of streets, buildings etc has BEEN going on for a while. A Beauty queen get a boulevard and all the stadium(s)/stadia get named as well....the last setta vessels to get a local name had a panty stuck in the engine on it's first week of operations and these were chosen by members of the public.

They have better things to do and more serious things to debate on in the senate.

Breds yuh have a noble intention, you want to have "Made in TnT" and have the world know we own "dis".

But shit by a different name is d same ting and dat is what we need to fix down here.

Look at it this way, it is not what a thing is named but rather what it represents...a name change not helping our cause. Leave the colonial thing for now...we could fool people with it for a little longer.  ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

AirMan

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »
Breds yuh have a noble intention, you want to have "Made in TnT" and have the world know we own "dis".

But shit by a different name is d same ting and dat is what we need to fix down here.

Look at it this way, it is not what a thing is named but rather what it represents...a name change not helping our cause. Leave the colonial thing for now...we could fool people with it for a little longer.  ;D

Aaahh good answer !..but I am only answering based on the thread (which is about renaming what we have).if the thread was about fixing tingz tat is more important then I would answer accordingly...Yes i agree we have more important tingz to debate in the Senate  :beermug:..However there would be never a special time to rename a street or building in T&T, because there will always be better tingz to debate than renaming something so how long you think they should put off this renaming ting for..??  ;D...and i dont understand how is naming a Tobago airport after robinson fooling people..explain that...you said tingz have and are always being renamed in T&T for a long time but obviously this article is important because of the popularity of what is being renamed so the little examples you give dont hold much weight to compare with this article.as for what we represent, it is still a colonial mentality which shows in the senate, House our people and leadership ..thats why we say "nah leave the name jess so , dem fellas aint do shit for the country "  :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:11:31 PM by AirMan »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »
 Crown Point  ,guess ANR could get that .
But as the young generation coming along ,they have no memory of the past .I dont think Eric Williams would approve ,he never changed the names.
Besides I  think in 40 years all these new names u have ,the ppl then would want to change them ,with this line of thinking anyway .
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:47:19 PM by Quags »

AirMan

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 02:50:43 PM »
Crown Point  ,guess ANR could get that .
But as the young generation coming along ,they have no memory of the past .I dont think Eric Williams would approve ,he never changed the names.
Besides I  think in 40 years all these new names u have ,the ppl then would want to change them ,with this line of thinking anyway .

Is ah good ting it was not named after Churchill, Roosevelt Highway, or  Queens Hall,   ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:52:53 PM by AirMan »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
Doh try that ,I never say nuttin about the Queen ,u talking that .
Look ah just hear on the radio now now .in Canada they get offered 75 million dollars to rename the CN Tower the VG Tower and they said no .Daiz just the name .

AirMan

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »
Doh try that ,I never say nuttin about the Queen ,u talking that .
Look ah just hear on the radio now now .in Canada they get offered 75 million dollars to rename the CN Tower the VG Tower and they said no .Daiz just the name .

Papayo Boss ah never implied you said anything about your precious Queen..  :D...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 03:13:53 PM »
If is one thing I appreciate from the colonial empire is civility ,I still practice it to this day .I think in Trinis attempt to distance itself from its past ,we losing that .
Also of all the colonies Australia is the most successful and them is the only ones who hug up there past .     

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 03:16:48 PM »
imagine dis D' Percy Villafana International Airport dah one go have certain man jokey shorts in nutts if it happen

who is D' Percy Villafana ?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »
Beryl McBurnie Performing Arts Center instead of NAPA or Queens' Hall?

Hasley Crawford Stadium
Brian Lara Stadium
Dwight Yorke Stadium
Jean Pierre Complex
Wendy Fitzwilliam Blvd
Janelle Penny Commissong plane is scrap metal. I find they should give dey woman ah street or something (first black woman to win dey crown in 1977...not so?)
Giselle LaRonde ?
Ato Boldon Stadium
Mannie Ramjohn Stadium
Winston Spee Simon? <------- They could name dey Steelpan Association Complex up Laventille after dey man
Eric Williams Science Complex
Uriah Butler Highway
Arthur Cipriani College
Solomon Hochoy Highway

who else ah miss?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 03:17:50 PM »
imagine dis D' Percy Villafana International Airport dah one go have certain man jokey shorts in nutts if it happen

who is D' Percy Villafana ?
Uncle that made Manning look like ah damn ass

truetrini

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2010, 03:20:29 PM »
SO Airman yuh simply disregarding my suggestion for either the Airport or a School in Biche be named after these men?

A_A

Panday-Kuei Tung-Baksh-Ferguson-Galbaransingh International Airport

Panday-Kuei Tung-Baksh-Ferguson-Galbaransingh Elementary School

AirMan

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »
Beryl McBurnie Performing Arts Center instead of NAPA or Queens' Hall?

Hasley Crawford Stadium
Brian Lara Stadium
Dwight Yorke Stadium
Jean Pierre Complex
Wendy Fitzwilliam Blvd
Janelle Penny Commissong plane is scrap metal. I find they should give dey woman ah street or something (first black woman to win dey crown in 1977...not so?)
Giselle LaRonde ?
Ato Boldon Stadium
Mannie Ramjohn Stadium
Winston Spee Simon? <------- They could name dey Steelpan Association Complex up Laventille after dey man
Eric Williams Science Complex
Uriah Butler Highway
Arthur Cipriani College
Solomon Hochoy Highway

who else ah miss?

and to believe there was uproar when some of these places was being renamed ...just like there will be uproar to future places being named...but it will happen, countries evolve and honour their own!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:05:06 PM by AirMan »

AirMan

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2010, 04:00:18 PM »
If is one thing I appreciate from the colonial empire is civility ,I still practice it to this day .I think in Trinis attempt to distance itself from its past ,we losing that .
Also of all the colonies Australia is the most successful and them is the only ones who hug up there past .     

I did give you a chance to edit what you said above. You are wrong .The US are the most successful of all past British colonies even more successful than their former Masters. and unlike Australia they are absolutley not hug up in their past..In fact they admire and proudly showcase their own ..maybe its because they died for freedom...

AirMan

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2010, 04:01:48 PM »
SO Airman yuh simply disregarding my suggestion for either the Airport or a School in Biche be named after these men?

A_A

Panday-Kuei Tung-Baksh-Ferguson-Galbaransingh International Airport

Panday-Kuei Tung-Baksh-Ferguson-Galbaransingh Elementary School

Here is your answer again

Yuh know for once I totally agree with Airman.  We need to grow up and shed that colonial mentality. 

I hereby suggest we call the airport  The  Panday-Kuei Tung-Baksh-Ferguson-Galbaransingh Internation Airport!

After UNC National Heroes!

;)

why after them ?..Give reasons...

If you don't know why it should be named after them....well what more can I say?

Yes you right I dont know ..You are the one who mentioned them.. [/size] [/quote]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:03:28 PM by AirMan »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »

I did give you a chance to edit what you said above. You are wrong .The US are the most successful of all past British colonies even more successful than their former Masters. and unlike Australia they are absolutley not hug up in their past..In fact they admire and proudly showcase their own ..maybe its because they died for freedom...
There is a difference ,is there not .

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 04:58:20 PM »
All this talk, like it don't already have a Uriah Butler or Claude Noel highway, or a Eric Williams parkway or a Brian Lara Promenade. When it come time to name thing, we will name them, until then, we landing in Piarco.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 05:17:36 PM »
All this talk, like it don't already have a Uriah Butler or Claude Noel highway, or a Eric Williams parkway or a Brian Lara Promenade. When it come time to name thing, we will name them, until then, we landing in Piarco.
arm
where dat ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 05:20:15 PM »
This thing gone way off topic

But since it about naming stuff now. The ultimate name change is...........

How bout we rename Trinidad and Tobago while we at it since that is ah real ole name

Ah hear Jamaica being renamed as The Bolt Marley Island

truetrini

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 05:28:10 PM »
How about the Bobol-Corruption Islands?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »
Barbados does not only have the best airport, but the best island on the caribbean by ah country mile!!  and i go as far as too say, if bados had we kinda money? boy they would've been the jewell of the caribbean. them is real serious administrators no doubt!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 06:12:29 PM »
arm
where dat ;D

Is the trace running behind the ravine... ;D

I mean to type Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 06:34:33 PM »
And why should these structures be named after these ppl?? Why can't it remain Piarco international airport. Why can't these structures belong to the area they're in...Why couldnt it be Malabar Stadium or Couva Stadium and u wonder why homebased support is so low in this country??? We don't need to honour these ppl with structures like airports and this and that...what sort of mentality u want the citizenry to develop..I'm in Basddeo Panday International Airport...No wonder the ppl take abuse from these politicians and still vote them back..!!!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 06:37:22 PM »
Why don't we go get the amerindian community and ask them what they called Trinidad before the spanish arrived..Let's get the name and rename all of our towns accordingly....Now that sounds like a plan...Seriously when will it end???..!!!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 07:30:39 PM »
Barbados does not only have the best airport, but the best island on the caribbean by ah country mile!!  and i go as far as too say, if bados had we kinda money? boy they would've been the jewell of the caribbean. them is real serious administrators no doubt!

JC i have a question tho...Yuh ever spent a good spell of time in bdos? reason i ask is cuz if yuh think trinidad have racism, bdos WORSE!!
believe me i lived there. People used to complain to my mother how it eh look good who i be liming and why i played football for a club that "everyone" aka the white pple played for (the reason was my club had the better coaches).
I liked how Bdos was run, but could not stand the racism.
Back in Trini...

truetrini

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 08:01:59 PM »

JC i have a question tho...Yuh ever spent a good spell of time in bdos? reason i ask is cuz if yuh think trinidad have racism, bdos WORSE!!
believe me i lived there. People used to complain to my mother how it eh look good who i be liming and why i played football for a club that "everyone" aka the white pple played for (the reason was my club had the better coaches).

But the man right though, it is the BEST administered island in the Caribbean, cleanest, less crime, people living reasonably well.

ANd things improving as far as the racism goes too!!!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2010, 08:19:51 PM »
Never been to Bimshire but they still every English aint they ?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010, 08:21:59 PM »

Not ah good spell, but i spend enough time there to know. i've been going to bados over 20 yrs now , and i happened tuh lime with the locals and on the local circuit.

i'm fully aware of the racist semi apartheid unspoken culture in bados, THE HARBOUR LIGHTS, KENDELL SPORTS, BAJAN YATCH CLUB, THE BAJAN TURF CLUB, etc etc etc.

but that don't mean it's not an efficiently governed country. all over the caribbean have that same racist hangups going on, and Trinidad maybe the worst of them all! reason why?

indians and blacks make up the bulk of the population, and yet rural indians and city blacks rarely cross parts except for in the work place, and even then they rarely socialize.

whites rarely socialize or marry out side of their community, except for the few like your self, and even then, they are more than likely to marry ah talented or successful black person, french creole, chinese or hoity toity city indian.

most white boys attend st anthony's, fatima , and CIC! so tell me this, are they all that bright? i beg tuh differ! same with the girls, damn near all of them attend ST JOSEPH CONVENT, HOLYNAME CONVENT, AND PROVIDENCE together with the syrian french creoles and chinese girls. am i missing something here??

in the ghetto, the hood folk hang out wid the hood folk, only the wannabe hoity toity ghetto boys and girls stepp out and find common ground with ppl from out side of their environment, and truth be told ,no other group wants tuh hang out with ghetto ppl any way, so ghetto ppl find solace and common place amongst themselves.

the only saving grace as far as integration goes in TNT is the middle class! they just hang out with who ever from their socio economic structure. they are the ones who save TNT from being another guyana, divided along racial lines.

BTW NYWB, i couldn't get into the portuguese club @ QPE around the savanah, @ least i still got into harbour lights many times! and i didn't need tuh know anyone either.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:43:15 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010, 08:29:43 PM »
I have been to Bimshire a number of times. My in-laws are from there. It is indeed a well run country. It is like night and day with TT. As long as you have money you ok. But by and large the people are friendly. They have their quirks but that never upset me. Maybe because I am on vacation when I am there.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 08:53:11 PM »

NYTWB, that sounding like some people in TnT
French creoles were the worstest
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:57:22 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>