April 28, 2024, 11:08:08 PM

Author Topic: Barbados airport best in the Caribbean  (Read 17923 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barbados airport best in the Caribbean
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »
JC i agree with all yuh say.. i just was making sure yuh knew about what went on in bdos and what i saw for my own eyes.
I also can say at harbour lights i always got in with my friends no prob and had totally different experiences in own tnt
Back in Trini...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 10:52:47 PM »
So Touches basically you against a highway in Trinidad that is named Churchill, Roosevelt being renamed to Ellis Clarke..and you also against naming the Tobago Airport to Robinson ?..some of the shit we have  is ALREADY named by people who are TAINTED  :D...and its not about re-naming for non colonial sake, maybe you prefer to choose to understand from that angle. Like I said Elizabeth and Obama well get something named quicker in TT and no mention of them being tainted would be cried  :)

Good points.  :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2010, 06:05:26 AM »
Mr Trinity, remember the last time we started to go on the topic of Barbados we caused ah sane fella to develop multiple personalities and then close down his site permanently. Don't (even though it may be tempting) comment on the Rock please.

BTW.. that airport we have dey and people always boasting bout is nothing more than ah facking cowshed.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2010, 06:54:29 AM »
Mr Trinity, remember the last time we started to go on the topic of Barbados we caused ah sane fella to develop multiple personalities and then close down his site permanently. Don't (even though it may be tempting) comment on the Rock please.

BTW.. that airport we have dey and people always boasting bout is nothing more than ah facking cowshed.

If our airpot is a cowshed then it is a pretty cowshed

truetrini

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2010, 07:34:24 AM »

Boss UNC build dat...yuh want Deeks and Airman to get heart attack or what?

But yeah ah remember de man developed multiple personalities..I feel he does lurk here and still posting under one ah he new id's.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 07:57:01 AM »

What wrong with our airport. YOu get in, get on your plane and mosey along. It's a hub, we not that big into tourism so we really don't need all the bells and whistle (not talking about technical stuff here). Is the only airport I know you can go lime, drink and eat doubles at.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2010, 08:00:06 AM »

What wrong with our airport. YOu get in, get on your plane and mosey along. It's a hub, we not that big into tourism so we really don't need all the bells and whistle (not talking about technical stuff here). Is the only airport I know you can go lime, drink and eat doubles at.

It is more than a hub fella.  please!  It is plagued with errors,and ommissions  lol...from construction, to infrastructure.  Three times the original cost plus all the corruption associated with it.  It leaks in many places, the air condition had to be replaced in the entire building and there is a full laundry list of things wrong with it.

Do some research  I am surprised that someone like you not aware of its history.

Thanks.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2010, 08:35:26 AM »
Beryl McBurnie Performing Arts Center instead of NAPA or Queens' Hall?

Hasley Crawford Stadium
Brian Lara Stadium
Dwight Yorke Stadium
Jean Pierre Complex
Wendy Fitzwilliam Blvd
Janelle Penny Commissong plane is scrap metal. I find they should give dey woman ah street or something (first black woman to win dey crown in 1977...not so?)
Giselle LaRonde ?
Ato Boldon Stadium
Mannie Ramjohn Stadium
Winston Spee Simon? <------- They could name dey Steelpan Association Complex up Laventille after dey man
Eric Williams Science Complex
Uriah Butler Highway
Arthur Cipriani College
Solomon Hochoy Highway

who else ah miss?

dey could rename NAPA.... Chee Performing Art, in honour of that great actress, model, and Miss Universe rep Anya Ayoung-Chee

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
Anya Ayoung-Chee

:rotfl:  :rotfl: TAKE WIN!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2010, 09:01:10 AM »

It is more than a hub fella.  please!  It is plagued with errors,and ommissions  lol...from construction, to infrastructure.  Three times the original cost plus all the corruption associated with it.  It leaks in many places, the air condition had to be replaced in the entire building and there is a full laundry list of things wrong with it.

Do some research  I am surprised that someone like you not aware of its history.

Thanks.

Thought I covered that. Yeah I know and understand all that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2010, 09:09:44 AM »

it's the entry point into the country. that alone DEMANDS that it be better than a building with air conditioning. For the money that was spent I truly expected more. And while most Trinbagonians are pleased and to the point of sometimes saying with a boastful manner "see the new airport? nice eh" I'm not impressed.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2010, 12:33:02 PM »
Why would somebody want their name to be associated with the "cow shed"

Forgive me but how is naming the airport after the area where it is located being colonial?

Tell you what...Matrick Panning looking to build one in the beetham to park his private jet. We could name that one after him.

nah, it done have an island name Patos just off chacachacare island. I feel we cud send him out in a pirouge to live dey yes.....he cud be executive prime minister and do what he want.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »

it's the entry point into the country. that alone DEMANDS that it be better than a building with air conditioning. For the money that was spent I truly expected more. And while most Trinbagonians are pleased and to the point of sometimes saying with a boastful manner "see the new airport? nice eh" I'm not impressed.

While I definitely agree that for the money spent, it could have been better. As an airport, it serves the function. Entry Point into the country? You Impressed with JFK? Dulles? Miami? Houston? They are all cow Sheds. Dulles roof leaks. The purpose is to move passengers from the road to the plane as efficiently as possible.

Yes, I would have preferred a more architecturally distinctive building. But I can't say it does not serve the purpose.

What do you think the passenger volume at Piarco is btw?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

truetrini

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2010, 12:54:36 PM »

While I definitely agree that for the money spent, it could have been better. As an airport, it serves the function. Entry Point into the country? You Impressed with JFK? Dulles? Miami? Houston? They are all cow Sheds. Dulles roof leaks. The purpose is to move passengers from the road to the plane as efficiently as possible.

Yes, I would have preferred a more architecturally distinctive building. But I can't say it does not serve the purpose.

Dulles, Miami, Houston are cow sheds?   Steups.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2010, 02:12:41 PM »
No offense to Ellis Clarke even doh I dont think he ever really did anything
 but if it was not for those to guys ,

Ahm is stalin put ah fork in de heart of Adolf an dem eh

we shouldaname ah beach or ah calypsonian after him
Check ,but no beach he tarnish his rep by killing millions of his own .

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2010, 02:14:22 PM »

Dulles, Miami, Houston are cow sheds?   Steups.

So you agree that JFK is a cow shed then?  ;D

What about Piarco makes it less of an airport?

Dulles might be iconic architecture, but that thing is not a fantastic airport.
The great hall that is common at the street side of an airport serves departures. Arrivals happen in the uninspiring bowels of baggage claim and long lines of customs. At Dulles you arrive in the "Entry point to DC" in a dank concrete basement and exit to a parking lot. You won't see the soaring architecture.

Some airports are of course better than others, but the essential purpose and design is a combination of a bus shed, a shopping mall and a security checkpoint.

truetrini

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2010, 02:44:06 PM »
Everybody rushing to come to the US, security has been heightened, so lines are longer than pre-9-11.

You really cannot compare Piarco to any of those airports Bitter, come on man.  I left out JFK, but they real improve that place too.

Piarco is a fiasco when compared to airports of similar size and cost....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »
You still haven't provide examples of the deficiencies of Piarco.

The size of JFK or Dulles doesn't make them more or less of an airport. I was just pointing out that major airports can be crap, but that even if they aren't, your typical international arrival sees the same halls, rooms and lines.
I also already said that for the cost, we should have gotten more. But, I ask again, what makes Piarco a cow shed? You don't think it's impressive enough? The function of loading and unloading passengers is not carried out properly? You find the stores charging too much?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2010, 03:29:22 PM »
Most World Bank staff who visit TT on mission is impressed with the airport. The first thing they see is the interior and they like it. The don't get much delays and that is a plus. I never heard the complain about the exterior. Now all airports needs continuous upgrade and maintenance, some more the others. Unfortunately we alwAYS SEEM  to fall in the "more" category. Now could they have built a airport with an iconic exterior? Yes. But the Panday administration was concern about building a long overdue airport terminal building.

Jumbie said the present building is a cowshed. I don't know how old you are. Do you remember the terminal on the southern end? Believe me the current one is a PALACE. Now could Panday and them build a better one for all that money. Maybe!!! Could Patos build a better NAPA for all that money. Or a better Brian Lara for all that money? A better flag for all that money. We could go on and on with this.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2010, 04:48:35 PM »
I feel them world bank people juss accustomed to running through nations where the airports are worse and dais why they seem to think that the CS nice. I stand by what I said.. CS for all dem millions! I wonder why the airport on the rock ranked the best in the caribbean?

The CS is an eyesore inside and we too happy to say how nice it is etc, since we comparing it to the old one. A simple thing like a clean bathroom is hard to friggin find and that grazing area they call customs..doh get me started.

In my opinion.. it was money well wasted.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2010, 05:08:37 PM »
What is the big deal if them foreigners rank the airport on the rock the best. They getting a prize for that. Tourism is B'dos BREAD AND BUTTER. So everything is catered for the tourist. Look the most important thing is to maintain the airport to the highest international standards.That should be the goal of Piarco. I judge an airport by how clean the toilets are? So here is the jobs for the members who home and in the region. If we toilets better than them, then that foreign ranking is total crap. If we own not up to par, them win

by the way here is a website to the TT cow-shed airport. From skyscrapercity.com

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=844780

truetrini

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »
You still haven't provide examples of the deficiencies of Piarco.

The size of JFK or Dulles doesn't make them more or less of an airport. I was just pointing out that major airports can be crap, but that even if they aren't, your typical international arrival sees the same halls, rooms and lines.
I also already said that for the cost, we should have gotten more. But, I ask again, what makes Piarco a cow shed? You don't think it's impressive enough? The function of loading and unloading passengers is not carried out properly? You find the stores charging too much?

I addressed the deficiencies in an above post in a reply to Elan.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2010, 07:31:56 PM »
After waiting patiently on we newly minted Piarco airport, I buss one big steups when I finally see it.....Steups again!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »
Eh touches , yuh see weh yuh start! :devil:
but ah must say, ah love the new name yuh give the airport though. COW SHED INTERNATIONAL. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2010, 11:02:01 PM »
we gone from cow shed to cow pasture...

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »
Wow Jamaica have three airport and ZERO national airline.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2010, 06:26:02 AM »
JC

I ent coin the title cow shed...that was given since the ting build by the then opposition ministers at the time.

Alyuh doh remember the sewage line that buss in the food court area and fecal matter was dripping from the ceiling. Go back and google the scene. It was big news as they said the design of the pipes was totally wrong and no way no how were sewage lines supposed to be over a food prep area.

Also the bathrooms giving real trouble, as is the escalator when you first arrive, as well as the first door you come to when you step off the plane before you reach the said nonworking escalator.....the ting narrow narrow and everyone has to bunch up like a channa in a bottle. Woe be unto you if yuh toting plenty handluggage or a granny hobbling infront of you.

It is glaring design flaw.

Again, the airport ent bad...but for the money spent...not worth it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2010, 07:58:17 AM »
It like a certain desalination plant and a school in Biche.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
if the corruption money that spend on the airport wasn't so obscene then i think people wouldve had much less complaints about the final product. Because for that money that spend, definitely it was reasonable to expect something of JFK proportions..

Instead, yuh still hadda come off the plane on steps and take ah wet if it raining.. that small door and escalator touches talk bout is an issue, plus if yuh make a bad turn on a quiet day when no guards around yuh end up back in the departure waiting area like normal (a security issue).. there should be more lanes for exiting customs instead of the 2 single long lines.. and who could forget the gypsum roof they had to redo and the tiling that had to be dug up and redone at significant cost..

That said, it eh no cowshed, allyuh on shit.

The airport functions very well to accomodate airline traffic, and it accomodates passenger volume well enough even during high traffic periods. Compare that to the scene at the old airport or even peak periods at some large international airports and its very favorable. And the bathrooms eh much nastier than any other international airport i've been to so not sure where allyuh get that from.

1]; } ?>