March 28, 2024, 01:46:35 PM

Author Topic: "Hall of Justice","Tobago Airport" & "Wrightson Road" Possibly Renamed Soon !  (Read 34581 times)

truetrini

not hogwash, and it was fine until you come with yuh shit..a man post a picture I responded and you making jumbie outta nutten

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
I hear Aretha Ingrind Rocke - our Miss world 1982 rep. was a beauty.  anybody have pics?

truetrini

I hear Aretha Ingrind Rocke - our Miss world 1982 rep. was a beauty.  anybody have pics?

Althea, she is a friend of mine, lived in La Puerta    aBishops girl real nice person

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWll2V4KMSk

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yeah Althea is lovely she works as a Training Consultant did some work wit her couple yrs ago.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
just cool the post about the nunnery is a fact eh, so i'm not encouraging TC with nothing.  8)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
just cool the post about the nunnery is a fact eh, so i'm not encouraging TC with nothing.  8)

I'm sure it was!  but that's not my beef with him. my beef was, how many threads yuh want tuh hold yuh crusades on?

we have the "more christian love thread", then the "stop looking towards religion thread" then" death penalty for gays thread" my question iz, how much fackin thread yuh want tuh make into ah religious bashing thread??

the boy ackin like he on the devil payroll!! gey ppl ah break with the religious talk nah man. is like ah preist eat the bredder white fowl.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

I'm sure it was!  but that's not my beef with him. my beef was, how many threads yuh want tuh hold yuh crusades on?

we have the "more christian love thread", then the "stop looking towards religion thread" then" death penalty for gays thread" my question iz, how much fackin thread yuh want tuh make into ah religious bashing thread??

the boy ackin like he on the devil payroll!! gey ppl ah break with the religious talk nah man. is like ah preist eat the bredder white fowl.

Like yuh is ah imps or what?  or yuh looking for ah husband?

Yuh want me to make ah reply to a picture in this thread on another thread?

Steups ah feel you was an alter boi

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Arigh' ah understand what ya saying then....

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
who was wrightson btw?

Walsh Wrightson (an Englishman), Director of Public Works (1895-1907). Key figure in the Water Riots of 1903.

I learned about this from Michael Anthony's book "The Making of Port of Spain", wonder why it is not a routine part of the curriculum, at least when I was in primary and secondary school...

I can assure you more than half of Trinbago doh know who is Wrightson that "Wrightson Road" was named after..

mmmm, no ah tink is jus me

but since we on de topic,ah want ah one line history of Frederick, Duke & Chacon..oh and Park...and trow in Henry too

Frederick St. - named in honor of Frederick, Prince of Wales, the father of King George III, who was the current King of England when the British captured T&T from the Spanish. Under Spanish rule it was known as Calle San Carlos.

Duke St. - named in honor of British royalty. They already had King, Queen, and Prince streets, so they added the next title (in descending order), which was Duke. Under Spanish rule it was known as Calle Princesa de Asturias.

Henry St. - Under Spanish rule it was known as Calle de Herrera. Herrera was the name of the police chief who happened to live on that street. Henry is supposedly a corruption of the name Herrera.

Park St. - When this street was first cut, it was on the edge of what looked like a park.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Take a read of Michael Anthony's making of POS, all of those qus re-street naming and the POS expansion would be unravelled, even the history of Catholic schools (CIC, Fatima) viz a viz gov't schools (QRC, Bishops) and how that was really a battle of religion is revealed.  We real lapsin we, stuff like this ought to be mandatory from primary all the way through......know from whence you came, then there is no limit to where you can go....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Trinidad_and_Tobago

said to date since 7000 bc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banwari_Trace

ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wintley_Phipps
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:25:04 PM by Daft Trini »

1]; } ?>