April 25, 2024, 03:18:35 AM

Author Topic: PM: I'm the target of drug dealers  (Read 5827 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PM: I'm the target of drug dealers
« on: March 24, 2010, 04:14:32 AM »
PM: I'm the target of drug dealers
After launch of Coast Guard boats...
Carolyn Kissoon South Bureau
Wednesday, March 24th 2010
Prime Minister Patrick Manning believes his launch last month of drug interdiction Coast Guard boats has something to do with the increased level of attack against him in the media in recent weeks.

He said the information ’we have’ is that the drug dealers were targeting him, not his party, because he could not be bribed.

Manning’s comments came as he spoke to supporters at a cottage meeting in St Margaret’s Village, Claxton Bay, on Monday night. This statement comes a week after a meeting in San Juan, at which he declared war on the local construction sector and spoke of a ’plan to kill Manning’.

He said on Monday that his mission was to end the drug trade between this country and Venezuela, but it would not succeed without the support of the armed forces.

Manning said he intends to guard these forces, especially the Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard, against corruption. He warned that they should not allow themselves to become corrupted by the drug lords.

’Anytime you tackle the drug trade, you are up against a powerful force. They have so much money that they do not count it anymore, they weigh it. And they are not afraid to spend it to continue their nefarious activities. We have to guard against the armed forces being corrupt, especially the Coast Guard,’ he said.

Manning said after his disclosure on six patrol boats deployed to fight the drug trade, there were attacks on him in the media.

’There are drug dealers in this country and I am not calling any names. But the information we have is that they are not so much against the PNM, but against the Prime Minister because that is the man standing in their way.

’You see integrity-that is all I have. I am incorruptible. You cannot buy me, I am not for sale. So I am watching the attacks, but we will see. Stand by, we have some action coming. The Government will not waiver one iota in its commitment to rid this country of the drug trade,’ he said.

Manning said although the authorities were aware of the drug trade, no charges could be laid. ’Information is not evidence. It is not a simple or straightforward matter. It is not easy to get evidence,’ he said
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PM: I'm the target of drug dealers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 05:22:08 AM »
He aint callin no names...imagine that....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 05:51:14 AM »
 :rotfl: somebody save this man bed in St Ann's please!

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 07:11:58 AM »
it's just terrible...last week he was the target of the corrupt contractors...they wanted to 'kill' him- but not really kill...you know ...
shucks he is surely being persecuted..
just goes to show you- no man is a hero in his hometown, eh? :devil:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 07:18:07 AM »
If he really feel that, it confirms that he is deluded and paranoid.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 07:46:05 AM »

Since we changin name pls send him 2 d Manning Hospital for the mentally ill situated in St. Ann's.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 07:47:52 AM »
Now let me see if I get this.....the drug dealers have no problem with the PNM but is he dey diggin ah horror of off...and HE can't be bought.  So the PNM could be bought? 

Ah heard Stephen Colbert making the following comment about somebody (Michelle Malkin I think) a few nights ago....
"......is the only person I know who could shoot themself in the foot while it's in their mouth" 
It applies to Patrick as well....lord fadder!!!! ::) ::) :banginghead: :frustrated:

Patrick......take mih chupid advice....

SHUT UP!!!!!  [/b]
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 07:53:54 AM »

Since we changin name pls send him 2 d Manning Hospital for the mentally ill situated in St. Ann's.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
he could do the name change ceremony and get admitted One Time :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

AirMan

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 08:37:54 AM »
No say it aint so..maybe I can ask Imbert if its the Impartial Media fault  :-\

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 08:55:25 AM »
Manning really have to go yes.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 09:17:35 AM »
Dat fellah either have the worst PR person advising him how to deflect attention from percy or he is the greatest attention whore in the carribbean
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 10:17:48 AM »
this man is a rel &*^%^ stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »
Dat fellah either have the worst PR person advising him how to deflect attention from percy or he is the greatest attention whore in the carribbean

De latter... I love he does refer to himself in the third person....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
dis so embarrassing' an' entertainin all at d same time ah doh know if to laugh or cry geezan ??? :-\
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 11:29:22 AM »
dis so embarrassing' an' entertainin all at d same time ah doh know if to laugh or cry geezan ??? :-\

If yuh eh laugh yuh go bawlllllllllllllllll not even cry. My mudder use 2 say laugh and cry does live in d same house.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »

rowley is the man for allyuh, but how will he gain power?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 02:45:55 PM »

WE doh want Rowley.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 02:52:45 PM »

WE doh want Rowley.

What is the issue with Rowley? and if not Rowley, who in the current PNM is fit to lead this country. All I see in the PNM right now is YES men and women.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 03:03:27 PM »
Trinity yuh remind me of a friend of mine , i said is time for manning to go he ask if manning go who we go put .
If manning die tomorrow watch how fast the will find rowley .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

AirMan

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 03:07:38 PM »
Trinity yuh remind me of a friend of mine , i said is time for manning to go he ask if manning go who we go put .
If manning die tomorrow watch how fast the will find rowley .

Meh boy Patos aint going anywhere, he said the people elected him to fight until the end http://www.youtube.com/v/mEz8KEut5eE

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »

WE doh want Rowley.

Den who??!!...tell me cuz from the outside looking in....I eh seeing anybody else....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »
There is nobody else other than Rowley. If there was someone else, their face would have been highlighted by now. Isn't it 2 years for general elections?

I honestly don't think people have a problem with the PNM party, it's Patrick Manning's leadership they having the problem with. So if Rowley smart, he'll go up against Patrick for leadership all now so and then it will be a new battle for government under 2 'new' leaders in 2 years time.

Now that is elections!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »
KAMLA!!!!  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 09:11:52 PM »
I find ah lot of allyuh talkin out allyuh third hole yes !!!! from the time the crown ride out of TNT, this country has been ah hub for the drug trade! right now it have drug enforcement agents in columbia , whos being assisted by U.S. and they still can't get ah hold of the situation!

but allyuh expect mannin tuh do so in the space of no time?  like allyuh memory short?? but i will jerk it back in place for allyuh. remember how many high ranking politician used tuh get murdered in columbia about ah decade and ah half ago Bc they was oppossed to the DT?

manning eh no body for them ppl tuh erase. stuueeepppssss this drug ting is no longer we little local hench men side hustle! no ! this thing is one of the most organized networks in the world. ppl our country and mexico iz two of the biggest drug hubs in the world, we are the gateway tuh europe , and mexico is the gate way tuh north america all the way tuh the balkins.

ppl , i know what i'm talking about, two of my close buddies are DEA agents, and they always in and out of trinidad and columbia. right now we losing the war on drugs, that's how big broard and lucrative this trade iz.

if manning eh walk light, he could wind up ah serious accident one day, ah tragedy he may not recover from. that's how serious the thing is ppl.

i agree manning may not be ah jewell in the countries crown, but right now ah dear allyuh tuh tell me who's ah better choice tuh run the country.

the UNC has demonstrated that they are not ready tuh lead the ppl of TNT, they had an opportunity and they divided the country along racial line!

the nigger coolie thing got worst than it's ever been in this country's history. apart from that ppl stole billions of dollars, right now IMO, i don't think kamla could do ah better job than what manning iz doing on crime. manning biggest failure iz on national security, and he needs tuh clean up the drug and gun trade in order tuh curb that, i say give the fella ah chance.

the last time UNC was in power, the unemployment rate was high, the job market was low, and the country was @ the mercy of the IMF. ppl was lining up for 24 hrs out side the embassy trying tuh ride out of TNT BC they couldn't find employment, the infrastucture of the country was worst off then, the hospitals didn't even have simple anti biotics tuh treat sick patients, now that manning has started tuh turn things around,

allyuh want ah change BC criminal are getting under ppls skin? that eh manning's fault, that is the fault of our 100 yr old colonial era constitution.

remember allyuh, be careful what yuh ask for! when the pnm was in power ppl wanted change, when the NAR took over, that's when guns drugs and crime started tuh escalate. i used tuh work under the minsistry of health, and served in two major hospitals in TNT, and there was never ah problem for sick patients tuh receive proper medication, iz only under the NAR and beyond, there was such ah problem facing the health ministry in this country.

just to be clear on this, i have no affiliation in trinidad politics, i'm not ah supporter of any party, i just telling allyuh what i witnessed when we had our first change of government. all i'm saying is, if something is not that broke, then why rush tuh fix it??

manning maybe ah big mouth archie bunkeresque kinda character who may put his big foot in his mouth one too many times, but to me that's better than ah man who doh know his big toe from his but crack! ppl ah beg allyuh, don't put them power hungry ppl back in power. BC my feeling is, they don't want what's best for TNT, they just want FORKIN POWER!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:17:17 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 09:29:20 PM »
JC,
        This crime has been escalitng from the end of UNC term thru Patrick's second term and now his third. How much more time. It going more than 5 yrs.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 10:01:12 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
he could do the name change ceremony and get admitted One Time :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »
is name change yuh want? rename PNM to PAMM.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 04:23:58 AM »

WE doh want Rowley.

Den who??!!...tell me cuz from the outside looking in....I eh seeing anybody else....

(Muslim)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 04:36:23 AM »

If yuh eh laugh yuh go bawlllllllllllllllll not even cry. My mudder use 2 say laugh and cry does live in d same house.

ah hear yuh on dat sigh
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>