April 26, 2024, 03:42:55 PM

Author Topic: MLS 2010  (Read 15560 times)

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
MLS 2010
« on: March 27, 2010, 12:49:09 PM »
Took in d Seattle vs Philly game Thursday night...d atmosphere out there is craaazy. There was 35,000 in d rain marchin to d stadium etc, ah real nice vibes. Think they shoulda choose a better game to open d season but seeing all the fans was still good to watch on tv (i hear d games don't get much ratings but as time go on once espn and fsc keep supportin and d product get better more ppl will come).  New York Red Bulls vs Chicago Fire 7pm today on ESPN
Anyway, i know most ppl does still kinda fight down MLS a lil bit but for those who follow what are the views for this season. New York have a new beautiful stadium and I expect d team to do better this season. I've returned to d fold as a season ticket holder (had in 06 n 07) but didnt go d past 2 yrs as d team wasn't doin well combined with finances didn't allow. If the game against Santos was anything to go by things should be nice this yr. I know last season men say they went Toronto games don't know i anyone in the other cities go as well (I saw a big trini flag in d stands for Galaxy warm up game las week on tv). Well wha d I dem say...bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: MLS 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 01:04:36 PM »
So, who are the trinis in MLS this round?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »
So, who are the trinis in MLS this round?

DC United - Julius James
LA Galaxy - Chris Birchall, Yohance Marshall
San Jose Earthquakes - Cornell Glen

Possibly:
Philadelphia Union - Radanfah Abu Bakr
San Jose Earthquakes - Scott Sealy
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 01:11:14 PM »
hmm im goin to keep my eye on this new MLS season

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »
i used to dig mls but i getting frustrated with some of the south american, european and african 3rd division type talent they bringing in. IMHO, the calibre of their game real drop over the last few years.

yesterday their big news signing so far from cricket country india of all places.

http://kc.wizards.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20100326&content_id=8952938&vkey=news_kcw&fext=.jsp&team=t105

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 10:06:11 AM »
i used to dig mls but i getting frustrated with some of the south american, european and african 3rd division type talent they bringing in. IMHO, the calibre of their game real drop over the last few years.

yesterday their big news signing so far from cricket country india of all places.

http://kc.wizards.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20100326&content_id=8952938&vkey=news_kcw&fext=.jsp&team=t105

hmmm i hada disagree with that, i ent c d indian guy play but lookin at games i impressed with what i'm seeing. Fredy Montero in Seattle, Lindpere in NY is already 2 men I c with class. And yes Lindpere is only Estonia captain and come from Danish league or something, but u could c d man is ah big player and teams looking at Montero.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
I been thinkin FSC fire him or he on vacation cuz I eh c him long time....but to my suprise I now c Max Bretos in the studio for ESPN2 coverage of MLS. That's a big suprise to me cuz he not d typical ESPN kinda person (i.e. he have a personality)
It's a double header on ESPN2 tonight, Galaxy in the 2nd game at 11 so hopefully Birchall will be out there...bless

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 07:29:18 AM »
birch play 87. la win 2-0.

video: http://mlsnet.com/content/highlights-chv-la

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 08:16:08 AM »
I like the commentary now, very colorful until that american guy start talking in simple sentences.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
New York Redbulls vs Seattle Sounders on FSC Right Now
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »
Not entirely sure who to root for so i will just be happy with some good football to night and see who buss the net multople times.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New York Redbulls vs Seattle Sounders on FSC Right Now
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »
1-0 NYRB. Half time

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Re: New York Redbulls vs Seattle Sounders on FSC Right Now
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 09:42:05 AM »
1-0 NYRB. Half time

yes yes yes...took in that game...d bulls lookin solid this year. especially defensively except for the right back. still have work to do goin fwd (Angel eh lookin like himself but ah sure he go turn it around soon). Allyuh must come out and take in a game, check out d stadium etc....bless

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 05:12:17 PM »
Philadelphia Union vs D.C United on FSc now score is 2-0

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 05:48:51 PM »
its not 3-2. I have also got to say that how ever pinged the Union for being a Threatening tam was on the money. They are playing some really excellent free flowing football now that they have the full team compared to the one that played against  the Sounders

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 10:51:25 AM »
more english 4th division talent on the way!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8615866.stm

Notts County's Luke Rodgers set for move to the US 

Notts County striker Luke Rodgers is set to complete his move to the United States and team up with former Magpies boss Hans Backe at New York Red Bulls.

The move for the 28-year-old should be completed before the MLS transfer window closes on Thursday.

Notts boss Steve Cotterill told BBC Radio Nottingham: "It's with the work permit people at this moment in time.

"Luke had a meeting on Friday in London and we're just waiting to see the outcome of that."

Rodgers played in seven of Backe's nine games in charge at Meadow Lane, scoring one goal in the 4-0 victory against Darlington in December.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »
Sounders FC unveiled alternate Jersey!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »
For d NY ppl ah ent know if allyuh listen to me and come check out d stadium. If allyuh eh come to c ah MLS game well I hope u come to c us play Juventus on May 23rd (yes I know the full team not gonna be there but men like Del Piero should be cuz he not expected to make world cup team). We also have a four team tourney July 22nd-25th featuring Man City, Tottenham and Sporting Lisbon. This will be pre-season and a good time to see new transfers etc...come thru...bless

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
Great Red Bulls Two Paths ad...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/nMu6eh9kiak" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/nMu6eh9kiak</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 01:49:38 PM »

Big Up!

Hideous.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 05:01:26 PM »

Big Up!

Hideous.
He probably have more gyul dan me, doe.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »
He probably have more gyul dan me, doe.

Probably... but me eh talking about de fella, I talking about de shirt.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
Ent Barca does wear a shirt like dat sometimes?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »
Ent Barca does wear a shirt like dat sometimes?

Yeah, but minus de moss greem armpits... and dat self ugly too, they does look like ah set ah Serie A referees.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 11:40:22 AM »
Been hearin alot today of Henry to the Red Bulls. Waitin for a concrete source, but this would be great news.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 11:51:55 AM »
BBC Sports Gossip section said today that Henry going to the NYredbulls.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 12:39:26 PM »
another signing via the Belgian 3rd division.

http://www.thecrew.com/news/2010/05/crew-sign-french-midfielder-griffit

#13 - Léandre Griffit
Pronunciation: lay-ONN-druh grih-FEE
Position: Midfielder
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 155
Born: May 21, 1984 (Maubeuge, France)
Hometown: Elesmes, France
Citizenship: France
2009 Team: Union Royale Sportive du Centre (Belgium)
How Acquired: Signed on May 14, 2010
Professional Experience: Union Royale Sportive du Centre, Belgian Third Division (2009-10); Crystal Palace, English Second Division (2008-09); IFK Norrköping, Swedish Second Division (loan: 2007-08); IF Elsborg, Swedish First Divison (2006-08); Rotterham United FC, English Second Division (loan: 2004-05); Coca Cola Championship (loan: 2004-05); Southampton FC, English First Divison (2003-05);

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 06:26:42 PM »
Trying to watch the DC Colorado game.
This is terrible. I think we might see better ball in the Torbay Sunday League
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 06:43:05 PM »
Trying to watch the DC Colorado game.
This is terrible. I think we might see better ball in the Torbay Sunday League

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:-why do that tuh yuh self? Why oh why?

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Henry to MLS?
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 09:05:34 AM »
Henry set to join the Red Bulls
Ben Lyttleton

Just over an hour into Barcelona's Champions League semifinal elimination at the hands of Internazionale, Thierry Henry knew his time at the club was up. Barcelona, the holders, needed two goals to reach the final but instead of using Henry's experience from the bench, coach Pep Guardiola replaced Zlatan Ibrahimovic with Jeffren Suarez, a 22-year-old rookie with just two first-team goals to his name. The snub could not have been more public, and it marked the low-point of a terrible year for Henry.
It would also have left the sporting and marketing departments at Red Bull New York, the club Henry looks certain to join after the World Cup, wondering if they have made a rather large mistake in their efforts to recruit him.
Catalan newspaper Sport reported Friday that Henry had signed a pre-contract agreement with the club, with the only surprise being that the news had taken so long to leak out. Sources in Barcelona told SI.com that Henry's manager Darren Dein, a lawyer and the son of ex-Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein, had tied up a deal in principle with the Red Bulls as long as three weeks ago.
Unsurprisingly, considering its season only finished on Sunday night, Barcelona has not yet agreed to any sale. It would demand some compensation given that Henry's contract has one more year to run, and both parties would need to make sure contingencies are in place were Henry to suffer an injury at the World Cup. So it's not a done deal just yet.

Full article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ben_lyttleton/05/15/henry.mls/index.html

Henry brings star power to MLS
Grant Wahl

Three thoughts on Thierry Henry's almost certain move to the New York Red Bulls after the 2010 World Cup:
1. We all knew this was coming. How much does Henry love New York City? The first time I ever spoke to him one-on-one -- in July 2000 two nights before the Euro 2000 final -- Henry told me that whenever he visited NYC he felt like he was "walking in a movie." Henry-to-New York should be a perfect marriage of player and city. Henry doesn't have the celebrity Q-rating of David Beckham, but he does have a personality and standing that match up well with a Gotham icon like, say, Derek Jeter. Henry should also tip his cap to Victoria Beckham; I'm convinced David Beckham would have wanted to go to New York himself in 2007 if Victoria hadn't always insisted on moving to Los Angeles instead. David's loss is Thierry's gain.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/grant_wahl/05/17/henry.quickthoughts/#ixzz0oCQTitDL

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 09:22:28 AM »
MLS: where declining football careers go to die
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>