April 25, 2024, 04:26:22 PM

Author Topic: GENERAL ELECTIONS COMING SOON IN 2010 !  (Read 134684 times)

AirMan

Re: GENERAL ELECTIONS COMING SOON IN 2010 !
« Reply #360 on: April 19, 2010, 08:43:08 AM »

Man of Mystery will like this one lol

Source:
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161633783

Manning: UNC/COP coalition a farce
Ria Taitt Political Editor
Sunday, April 18th 2010

The UNC/COP coalition agreement is a farce.

Unable to achieve their demands, the COP delegation, headed by Ganga Singh, stormed out of the unification talks and discussions were only rescued when its ’weak’ political leader, Winston Dookeran ’caved into’ all the UNC demands, Prime Minister Patrick Manning declared last night.

He was speaking at a public meeting at Chin Chin Junction in Cunupia.

Manning, who did not disclose the source of his information, said when the two sides sat down to negotiate, the COP asked for six of the seats that the UNC currently has as well as a significant number of marginal seats.

’There was to-ing and fro-ing and they couldn’t agree. And the discussions became so acriminous that the COP team walked out. The UNC team then appealed to the Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar. And you know what she did? She appealed to a friend, Winston Dookeran. And Winston Dookeran caved into every demand that Mrs Persad-Bissessar made, consistent with his weak nature.

’But in so doing he has angered the COP and the position as it now stands is kankatang in the COP and problems in the UNC,’ Manning stated. Read More http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161633783

I'M NOT WEAK
Dookeran hits back at Manning's claim
Ria Taitt Political Editor  
Monday, April 19th 2010

Congress of the People (COP) leader Winston Dookeran has admitted that there were, and continue to be, disagreements between the COP and the United National Congress, but that is a natural part of the process at arriving at common ground between the two organisations.

However, he categorically denies Prime Minister Patrick Manning’s claims that there was a walk-out by the COP team at the last unification talks and it was only after he (Dookeran) caved in to all the UNC demands, that an agreement was arrived at.

Read More
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161634558
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 03:56:51 PM by AirMan »

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 19, 2010, 08:54:27 AM »
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #362 on: April 19, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »
Submitted by dingolay to the guardian on 19 April 2010 - 9:48am.

GALLERYING! When the politicians finish gallerying I want them to answer the following questions:

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR DECREASING CRIME?
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR REFORMING THE EDUCATION SYSTEM?
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR DECREASING THE MURDERS RATE?
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR REFORMING THE CONSTITUTION?
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR INCREASING JOBS?
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR INCREASING THE NATIONS' WATER SUPPLY?
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR REPAIRING THE INFRASTRUCTURE OF OUR NATION?
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR DEALING WITH HOUSING SHORTAGE?
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR DEVELOPING BLIGHTED AREAS?
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR PRISON REFORM?

When politicans answers these questions I will know that Trinbago is on its way to 20/20 status.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 19, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »

GALLERYING! When the politicians finish gallerying I want them to answer the following questions:

To decrease it.

To reform it.

First to determine what it is via a Commission of Inquiry ... then, of course, to decrease it.

It depends on the Constitution ... but to reform it.

To increase them.

To increase it.

To repair it.

To address it in the short term.

That's a potentially contradictory proposition. However, the plan is to develop them to the extent they are not developed, rather than blight them.

To imprison reformers.

When politicans answers these questions I will know that Trinbago is on its way to 20/20 status.
So you see, our vision is 20/20.

Therein lies the manifesto.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 19, 2010, 01:19:52 PM »

To decrease it.

To reform it.

First to determine what it is via a Commission of Inquiry ... then, of course, to decrease it.

It depends on the Constitution ... but to reform it.

To increase them.

To increase it.

To repair it.

To address it in the short term.

That's a potentially contradictory proposition. However, the plan is to develop them to the extent they are not developed, rather than blight them.

To imprison reformers.

So you see, our vision is 20/20.

Therein lies the manifesto.

lol.. ;D
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

truetrini

« Reply #365 on: April 19, 2010, 02:16:07 PM »
http://www.gnxnetwork.com/soca919/soca.asx

Listen to Gladiator slam Jack Warner on radio now...way sir. ANd NJAC too saying they nasty and Daaga is leader for life how NJAC doh have elections he is a damn dictator.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:18:03 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #366 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:25 PM »

Listen to Gladiator slam Jack Warner on radio now...way sir. ANd NJAC too saying they nasty and Daaga is leader for life how NJAC doh have elections he is a damn dictator.
This is the 1st time in in about 2 years I listen to Gladiator. This man eh change a lil bit. Is pure commess.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 19, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »

This is the 1st time in in about 2 years I listen to Gladiator. This man eh change a lil bit. Is pure commess.

He's on the perimeter of freedom of speech.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #368 on: April 19, 2010, 03:08:29 PM »

He is feigning disgust at a rumour that 'Sister Kamla' could only talk for half an hour without a drink.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 19, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »

He is feigning disgust at a rumour that 'Sister Kamla' could only talk for half an hour without a drink.
Yeah, certainly ... my 'issue' with the Gladiator is his unwillingness to entertain opposing viewpoints without cutting them off ... renders the exercise in subjectivity all the more farcical.

truetrini

« Reply #370 on: April 19, 2010, 03:17:11 PM »
he and Jack cut from the same cloth

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #371 on: April 19, 2010, 03:24:26 PM »

Yeah, certainly ... my 'issue' with the Gladiator is his unwillingness to entertain opposing viewpoints without cutting them off ... renders the exercise in subjectivity all the more farcical.
He cut off about 3 callers in a row just now.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 19, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »
I refuse to take Gladiator seriously. Anything he says to me automatically loses credibility due to his comessive ways.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

AirMan

« Reply #373 on: April 19, 2010, 03:59:26 PM »

Link..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161634550

Harris said political parties were playing on the racial fears of the people. ’We are not secure, we feel that there is no recognition by the other side,’ he said.

Harris said people no longer support a political party because of its track record but because of their allegiance to a certain race

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 19, 2010, 04:30:41 PM »

He's right !!! dagga is the only NJAC leader the party has ever known! no wonder they never even held ah seat in Parliament!

all the yrs they've been around, they really never made ah serious run for the title!  dagga knowing the disposition of the ppl in TNT never made ah conscious effort to reform the party by creating ah more western image or integrated the party with new young vibrant members from diverse cultures.

and even though they had ah few indians and one chinese member, they still needed to integrate the party much more.

it's ah shame though, BC they had some of the most brilliant minds in their fold, and their manifesto was on point. but ah glad they never won, BC i believe more than likely that dagga woulda pull ah castro.

these old fellas eh easy nah, they was real negative boy! beat up their wives and kids, drunkenness, bad mind, manipulative, womanizing, corrupted, dead beat dads, spiteful, visionless, no wonder the british leggo the islands so easy, BC they knew these old fellas woulda self destruct!!  these old men eh have no kinda shame ahforkintall nah!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 19, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

Gladiator bawl Ashworth (TOP) sell out to UNC for 15 million dollars. wonder whey dat money come from?  ::)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:46:25 PM by STEUPS!! »
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:19 PM »
Will this happen to Patrick. 50 yrs ago the president of brazil, Kubitschek and his advisors decide to build a new capital Brasilia. Most people were against it. He went ahead and the built the capital in 3 yrs, just in time for re-election. Guess what? He lost.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8604666.stm

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 19, 2010, 07:18:57 PM »
I refuse to take Gladiator seriously.

CO-SIGNNNN

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #378 on: April 19, 2010, 09:53:06 PM »
tAKE HIM SERIOUSLY, I understand that he is going to buss ah big mark either Thursday or Friday about Warner!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 19, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »
tAKE HIM SERIOUSLY, I understand that he is going to buss ah big mark either Thursday or Friday about Warner!

D peeps who blieve JW is a saint go b impress. Gladiator listenership go b educated bout JW because dey dumb enuff 2 need d Gladiator 2 b dey source of information.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2010, 12:25:06 AM »

I wouldnt doubt there are occasions that there are relevant, pertinent issues addressed by him on his program. My biggest problem is his conduct and the general wajang-comessive nature of the program that more times than not trivializes what is being discussed and as such the issue being discussed is not taken seriously.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 20, 2010, 05:06:12 AM »
TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY, I understand that he is going to buss ah big mark either Thursday or Friday about Warner!

For a brief moment I was going to.  Then I remember he is the same fella chain up a setta people about 2 years ago to go on some million man march or something so against Patrick/PNM and then he must get pay off by Calder Hart/Patrick because he boil down like a pot ah corn soup eventually.....so while I'm happy Jack getting exposed somewhat, I eh too sure that the people who listening Gladiator necessarily was going to vote for Jack anyway..... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 20, 2010, 06:13:38 AM »
TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY, I understand that he is going to buss ah big mark either Thursday or Friday about Warner!

For a brief moment I was going to.  Then I remember he is the same fella chain up a setta people about 2 years ago to go on some million man march or something so against Patrick/PNM and then he must get pay off by Calder Hart/Patrick because he boil down like a pot ah corn soup eventually.....so while I'm happy Jack getting exposed somewhat, I eh too sure that the people who listening Gladiator necessarily was going to vote for Jack anyway..... :-\

Yes by d time we call 4 a march against Jack these minnows would have enuff info from d Gladiator 2 realize dat JW eh JC.     

AirMan

« Reply #383 on: April 20, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »
Source(See Video Inside) http://ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=20064

Ramadhar defends UNC/COP alliance (See Video Inside)

Contrary to what the Prime Minister believes, the COP didn't capitulate to the UNC on the number of seats each party would contest.

COP Deputy Political Leader Prakash Ramadhar defended his party on that issue on this morning's First Up on this station.

Mr. Ramadhar sought to set the record straight on what he says is misinformation put out by the PNM. He also took issue with the media story on the COP leader becoming president.

Prime Minister Patrick Manning says he has his own take on how negotiations between Kamla Persad Bissessar and Winston Dookeran transpired.

Mr. Ramadhar, however, says that's mischief at its worst.

He says there's speculation that the COP would mash up a two-party accord if it contested more seats than the UNC.

Continue http://ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=20064
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:39:01 AM by AirMan »

AirMan

« Reply #384 on: April 20, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
Japs owner throws hat in election ring
Saturday 17th April, 2010

The owner of the Japs Chicken chain Darryl Mahabir will be contesting the Cumuto Manzanilla seat for in the general election for the PNM.

In addition, Shivan Ojah-Maharaj has been selected as the PNM's candidate for La Horquetta/Talparo over the constituency's incumbent MP Roger Joseph.

Mr. Mahabir and Ms. Ojah-Maharaj were informed by the PNM screening committee on friday afternoon that they've got the nod.

They received the news less than an hour before Prime Minister Patrick Manning told reporters that the PNM has decided on its candidates for 40 of the 41 seats up for grabs this election.

Read More http://ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=20024

AirMan

« Reply #385 on: April 20, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »

The owner of the Japs Chicken chain Darryl Mahabir will be contesting the Cumuto Manzanilla seat for in the general election for the PNM.

In addition, Shivan Ojah-Maharaj has been selected as the PNM's candidate for La Horquetta/Talparo over the constituency's incumbent MP Roger Joseph.

Mr. Mahabir and Ms. Ojah-Maharaj were informed by the PNM screening committee on friday afternoon that they've got the nod.

They received the news less than an hour before Prime Minister Patrick Manning told reporters that the PNM has decided on its candidates for 40 of the 41 seats up for grabs this election.

Is this the same guy who owns North East Stars ??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 20, 2010, 12:11:14 PM »

Is this the same guy who owns North East Stars ??

I  blieve so

AirMan

« Reply #387 on: April 20, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
Well then Weary, we may be looking at the new Minister of Sports if PNM wins..(him already a sports man)..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 20, 2010, 12:18:34 PM »

I wouldnt doubt there are occasions that there are relevant, pertinent issues addressed by him on his program. My biggest problem is his conduct and the general wajang-comessive nature of the program that more times than not trivializes what is being discussed and as such the issue being discussed is not taken seriously.

Precisely.

truetrini

1]; } ?>