April 20, 2024, 04:27:02 AM

Author Topic: Champs 100  (Read 2900 times)

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Champs 100
« on: March 05, 2010, 10:56:01 AM »
Trinidad should start sending athletes to this meet. i herd south Africa join this year. some of the fastest athletes will be competing.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20100305/sports/sports2.html
Hard work is the key to success

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Champs 100
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 04:49:31 AM »
The Sth Africans just coming to look.

Champs is a closed event...only open to Jamaican High Schools that are a part of ISSA. Non-Jakans can only compete if they go to those Jakan schools, as many Caymanians do...they board at Munro, for examaple.

The main reason why outside school cant enetr is that Champs is competitive in terms of all the schools trying to win the overall title. Imagine if an invited athlete accidentally trips one of the runners from one of the leading schools in the hunt for the title? last year KC won by 2.5 points over Calabar and they both had over 210 points each! It came down to the final event.

Gibson Relays is the meet that Trini schools can enter, as well as the UWI invitational.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 08:59:52 AM »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 01:39:48 PM »
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:50:19 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 04:15:21 PM »
'Death trap'

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/stadium-should-be-condemned_7500049

Jamaican support of there sports is great  :applause:

I wish T&T fan support was like that.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
'Death trap'

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/stadium-should-be-condemned_7500049

:rotfl: :rotfl:. what death trap. let me tell you some thing. the stadium is in good condition is just last year it was renovated http://www.flickr.com/photos/10117668@N06/3063345759/ and after champs a new mundo track will be install. at the moment there are a lot of earth quake preparedness going on in Kingston ever since earthquakes start happening in other country. if you read the news section of the observer today you would see http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Earthquake-readiness---KSAC_7500487. Mayer Mackenzie is trying to fine all type of things to talk about. is like walking into an office and see a minor crack on the wall and without getting more information you assume the office going to suddenly fall.the people of the property already said only surveillance and a few others small stuff that is not yet reinstall because of the money to do every thing at ones. ask any Jamaican who Desmond Mackenzie is  and you will know that is a person who always want to be seen.

these are the only thing that have not yet install

Brown said that among the issues that had been addressed by IPL were the installation of an alarm system and proper signage at the facility, but an electronic surveillance system which had been recommended had not been installed.

"I don't have the money to do everything, but most of the major issues have been resolved," Brown stated.

this statement should have shown that the Mayer knows he is talking crap and just seeking attention. he try to give an answer for the owner before the owner could answer for himself.
However, in an apparent anticipation of Major Brown's response, Mayor McKenzie said: "I can guarantee that you are going to get a response from Major Brown that they have dealt with the issue, but it is not true."

as a matter of fact any stadium in the Caribbean can fall if an earthquake was to happen . tell me what sensible Mayer would wait until the eve of a major event to point out a problem?. that's the same attitude he had when the cricket wold cup was coming to the Caribbean in 2007.  but i think i figure out why you post it :devil:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:15:42 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:52:49 PM by jahkingdom »

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile