March 28, 2024, 11:10:25 PM

Author Topic: Beckham 'tears Achilles tendon'  (Read 8918 times)

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Beckham 'tears Achilles tendon'
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »
lol...this whole foolishness of comparing KJ injuries and Becks injuries is laughable. if you go to the Kj injured thread you will see support for him. i thought this thread was for becks so i responded in kind.

sometimes i really wonder if some of you guys have a clue about this game. i see someone post bout becks aint doing nothing now and he aint have no more pace and he not influential. ok. when has he ever been quick? thats not wat he's known for. his technique and ability on dead ball situations make him a cut above the rest. add his experience and knowledge of the game and you will see his influence. look back on the last three world cups and see england performances. if he didnt score he had a hand in the goal. u going to take that kinda influence out of your team and still say its nothing? granted he wasnt going to start but u cant replace what he brings. sometimes people need to stop watching players on the ball and watch them off the ball. becks covers ah hell of alot of ground and covers well as a midfielder, which compensates for his lack of quickness.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »
You is the first man to mention the Galaxy oui. Is them who should be upset.

If I was Arena I would ban his arse for that shyte he does be doing.... has to be one of the worse investments I have seen for a team... yeah he was their poster boy... but in the past, present and now in the future they will yield nothing because of this nonsense... I go give Milner, SWP and Lennon ah bligh...
Breds, the galaxy dun make back the money they spend , and iz turning ah profit right about now on becks acquisition. his coming here was never about the game, but rather the financial aspect.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »

If I was Arena I would ban his arse for that shyte he does be doing.... has to be one of the worse investments I have seen for a team... yeah he was their poster boy... but in the past, present and now in the future they will yield nothing because of this nonsense... I go give Milner, SWP and Lennon ah bligh...
Breds, the galaxy dun make back the money they spend , and iz turning ah profit right about now on becks acquisition. his coming here was never about the game, but rather the financial aspect.

exactly hence why he is at milan. how many players you know will sacrifice their off season just to maintain their fitness so that they can make the team to go to the world cup? well said just cool.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »

:beermug:

Leh me clear it up for all yuh before all yuh dissect every line... I admire that he want to keep fit for the WC...

Me eh questioning this profitability aspect but since becks has arrived in LA... they have not won any real silverware... this is my real beef with him.

and yes a few players did not want to get into mixing it up with Jack... as for your boy DR... deh never give him a call or text or even an update

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 04:26:11 AM »
i doh understand allyuh. ent it have a kj thread? why allyuh spamming this one?

I never see no one in the Dihno highlights thread talking shit bout all the ppl calling for him to play in the brazil squad. I never see no specific DR highlights thread or collin samuel thread. Wham allyuh love ronaldihno more than them?

If kj put in half the effort that becks give, then more men woulda care bout he. You ever see any of becks coaches calling for him to earn his salary?
After last qualifying campaign, KJ start back from ZERO in my book.

KJ have a small injury, so what? how it affect TnT right now?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:35:13 AM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2010, 04:36:22 AM »

:beermug:

Leh me clear it up for all yuh before all yuh dissect every line... I admire that he want to keep fit for the WC...

Me eh questioning this profitability aspect but since becks has arrived in LA... they have not won any real silverware... this is my real beef with him.

and yes a few players did not want to get into mixing it up with Jack... as for your boy DR... deh never give him a call or text or even an update

u expect becks alone to win silver ware for them?
what silver ware ronaldino bring to Milan>?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2010, 05:16:49 AM »
Unlike Ronaldino, Brcks was supposed to transform a league... he has not done that in full, he made a lot of money but LA was supposed to win CUPs... but they have failed in that dept..

I personally did not want to see him in SA :beermug:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2010, 06:04:38 AM »

I personally did not want to see him in SA :beermug:

obeah?  ??? ;D
(Muslim)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2010, 08:31:12 AM »

I never see no one in the Dihno highlights thread talking shit bout all the ppl calling for him to play in the brazil squad. I never see no specific DR highlights thread or collin samuel thread. Wham allyuh love ronaldihno more than them?

If kj put in half the effort that becks give, then more men woulda care bout he. You ever see any of becks coaches calling for him to earn his salary?

One of our brilliant mods merged my thread into Beckhams which makes no sense to me considering it was more about KJ than Becks.  Unless you is ah retarded asshole yuh cah tell me you seriously puttin stock in all de head games dat shit coach Steve Bruce been trying with KJ.  Steve bruce is ah desperate and incompetent cont of a coach fella.  But then again allyuh will always use any opportunity to tear down ah fella like KJ (maybe because he doh care wha his dissenters ha to say).  Yuh is ah Man U fan, yuh think Berba earnin he salary, why yuh eh discuss dat?!!

Fordy I is de one start de thread bout KJ and it wasn't for comparison of injuries.  It was based on the fact that a post about Beckhams injury generated more than 4 times the attention compared to our most promising and best recognized currently active player.  With all de bullshit Bruce has done with that team I find it strange dat man eh even concern about KJ potentially not gettin back in the lineup (especially now that they have a similar type of player in Benjani).  The injuries are not even remotely comparable so I eh really see how yuh come to be talking bout man comparing injuries.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2010, 08:53:18 AM »

One of our brilliant mods merged my thread into Beckhams which makes no sense to me considering it was more about KJ than Becks.  Unless you is ah retarded asshole yuh cah tell me you seriously puttin stock in all de head games dat shit coach Steve Bruce been trying with KJ.  Steve bruce is ah desperate and incompetent cont of a coach fella.  But then again allyuh will always use any opportunity to tear down ah fella like KJ (maybe because he doh care wha his dissenters ha to say).  Yuh is ah Man U fan, yuh think Berba earnin he salary, why yuh eh discuss dat?!!

Fordy I is de one start de thread bout KJ and it wasn't for comparison of injuries.  It was based on the fact that a post about Beckhams injury generated more than 4 times the attention compared to our most promising and best recognized currently active player.  With all de bullshit Bruce has done with that team I find it strange dat man eh even concern about KJ potentially not gettin back in the lineup (especially now that they have a similar type of player in Benjani).  The injuries are not even remotely comparable so I eh really see how yuh come to be talking bout man comparing injuries.

Well if yuh read previous post i seeing men saying how one injury more important than the other and all kinda nonsense. i went to your KJ injured thread and said what i had to say. i came here and said what i had to say. i dont understand how the two reach here! both players are miles apart in any case so they should be kept seperately, injured or otherwise.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2010, 09:09:35 AM »
Sorry to hear this Becks....

Get well soon brother...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Allyuh is de worst oui!!!
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2010, 09:52:48 AM »
I really wonder what the acceptable answer to that question would've been.

"It's a shame that they feel that way because I love my country and my national team.  I give 100% for the warriors everytime I step on to the field, and that's the best I can do.  Football can be a thankless business when things are working out ideally, and the fans are passionate so I guess I could understand their frustration.  At the end of the day I'm a professional so I'll keep on playing to the best of my ability, and I can only hope that the fans continue to support me"

The "f**k the world" attitude to life is kinda distasteful in my opinion.  The true class acts from generation to generation don't fall into that trap and they are the ones who don't need to be supremely gifted in order to get timeless respect for their contribution to the game.   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »

"It's a shame that they feel that way because I love my country and my national team.  I give 100% for the warriors everytime I step on to the field, and that's the best I can do.  Football can be a thankless business when things are working out ideally, and the fans are passionate so I guess I could understand their frustration.  At the end of the day I'm a professional so I'll keep on playing to the best of my ability, and I can only hope that the fans continue to support me"

The "f**k the world" attitude to life is kinda distasteful in my opinion.  The true class acts from generation to generation don't fall into that trap and they are the ones who don't need to be supremely gifted in order to get timeless respect for their contribution to the game.   

Seriously kicker?!!  How many people from TnT you know so composed that when being criticized will take that mountain road?  Back in the days it might have been easier to say something like that because the players weren't instantly exposed to the critics, haters and dissenters.  But in this day of the internet where these same players are browsing these very forums and seeing some of the overboard statements about their dedication as well as the destructive criticisms of their skill and performance, it's a wonder that some of them don't just avoid NT duty alltogether.  I can't speak for others but early to mid twenties if i was any of these players and was asked that question it would have likely been laced with expletives.  As you grow older you evaluate and see things different, but I find it's asking a lot of our players to continuosly give the best effort they can on the day and then be berated by us (the diehards) and yet have the poise and composure to give such a response.  I know they expect criticisms because of the nature of what they do, buh when man callin players "wuss ting in ah tugs" an sayin ting like "first toch of ah rapist" yuh eh tink dat go bother dem?  TnT is de land of lambaste but not everybody could take it de way how some of us does give it. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »

that is a response that would be worthy of a question from the press.. Not some fan running up outta timing with that question. Bet yuh bottom dollar dey board him with that after they lost a game too.

put the same becks allyuh lauding in the exact same situation and variables as KJ and ah sure he wasn't offering a dignified response like that.

come on guys, really?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2010, 10:36:59 AM »

that is a response that would be worthy of a question from the press.. Not some fan running up outta timing with that question. Bet yuh bottom dollar dey board him with that after they lost a game too.

put the same becks allyuh lauding in the exact same situation and variables as KJ and ah sure he wasn't offering a dignified response like that.

come on guys, really?

Jedd daiz some PR written statement dat dem fellaz will memorize to give SKY or some other football broadcasting media giant.  9 outta 10 times something like that being said it was well rehearsed.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »

Seriously kicker?!!  How many people from TnT you know so composed that when being criticized will take that mountain road?  Back in the days it might have been easier to say something like that because the players weren't instantly exposed to the critics, haters and dissenters.  But in this day of the internet where these same players are browsing these very forums and seeing some of the overboard statements about their dedication as well as the destructive criticisms of their skill and performance, it's a wonder that some of them don't just avoid NT duty alltogether.  I can't speak for others but early to mid twenties if i was any of these players and was asked that question it would have likely been laced with expletives.  As you grow older you evaluate and see things different, but I find it's asking a lot of our players to continuosly give the best effort they can on the day and then be berated by us (the diehards) and yet have the poise and composure to give such a response.  I know they expect criticisms because of the nature of what they do, buh when man callin players "wuss ting in ah tugs" an sayin ting like "first toch of ah rapist" yuh eh tink dat go bother dem?  TnT is de land of lambaste but not everybody could take it de way how some of us does give it. 

Hey if he gave that response I admit I'd be shocked.  But the question was what would an acceptable response have been.  I'm pretty sure that the fan asking the question would have accepted that response.  If in the heat of the moment an annoying fan asked that question, and he responded in that manner, yuh would have no choice but tuh hush yuh arse, and cool yuhself....

So yes I AM serious.  These guys are getting paid alot of money at a young age, and they are in a position to make a big impact on their followers.  They are very very fortunate to be in the position in which they are because there are many before them and after them who were/are/will be equally gifted and not still not get that shot.  Graciousness is always acceptable and it's never a bad thing to rise above normal expectations.  That's class.  

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2010, 10:44:19 AM »

Hey if he gave that response I admit I'd be shocked.  But the question was what would an acceptable response have been.  I'm pretty sure that the fan asking the question would have accepted that response.  If in the heat of the moment an annoying fan asked that question, and he responded in that manner, yuh would have no choice but tuh hush yuh arse, and cool yuhself....

So yes I AM serious.  These guys are getting paid alot of money at a young age, and they are in a position to make a big impact on their followers.  They are very very fortunate to be in the position in which they are because there are many before them and after them who were/are/will be equally gifted and not still not get that shot.  Graciousness is always acceptable and it's never a bad thing to rise above normal expectations.  That's class.  

desirable equal acceptable.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »

come on guys, really?

My first thought was that Beckham would give the boiler-plate inoffensive response because he is obsessed with image and will sit on the fence every time. His response to the Donovan criticism last year was a good example. He handle it diplomatically, but everybody sees beckham as being disingenuous. After 1998 when them London-based fans was on his case he probably had a different response.

I have no problem with KJ response and would not call his attitude “F--- the world”. When KJ give that response he is not talking about fans in general but a specific group that you could find right on here. Just look at them KJ threads and the kind of abuse the man does get. The best thing he could do is not take on that level of shit talk.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2010, 10:56:11 AM »

come on guys, really?

I eh saying Becks woulda responded like that, and I eh part of the "allyuh" who lauding up Becks either....and I not saying something like that would easily roll off KJ's tongue (especially not those exact words- seriously ah mean I had the luxury of time and a delete button to come up with that)....but the point is, he could have responded in a classy manner...just because it was some random fan doesn't mean that he's not worthy of respect or a respectful response.  I dunno the circumstances, and I'm admittedly not emotional one way or the other about how KJ responded to the fan...that's the first thought that came to his mind, and I'm sure he had his reasons for responding that way...I was just answering the question as to what an acceptable response would have been.  

If a response somewhere in the realm of respect and class is soooooo outrageous waaaaay beyond the thinkable simply because it's not in the setting of an official press conference then arrite, no scene.....I was just answering the question.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2010, 11:10:24 AM »

desirable equal acceptable.

lol here we go- taking the semantics to another level just to make a point.

hey what "equals" acceptable to you, will not always "equal" acceptable to all...that's life....

Just goes to show yuh can't please everybody.  If KJ says "screw dem, I doh business", some men vex, if he honestly says, "it's a shame because I give my all, but I understand their frustration" some men go bawl he too composed, that cyah be genuine, he probably just concerned about his image, and that he just tell them to haul dey so and so because they not worthy...

Good luck boy KJ  :D

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:21:50 AM by kicker »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2010, 11:17:22 AM »
If a response somewhere in the realm of respect and class is soooooo outrageous waaaaay beyond the thinkable simply because it's not in the setting of an official press conference then arrite, no scene.....I was just answering the question.

Is not that it unthinkable, but should he really care enough to give that kind of response pertaining to the people on the forum (unless the person was talking about another set of detractors) who constantly berate and cuss him every chance they have?  He really owe the likes of some of the people who talk shit on here constantly about him a truly dignified response?  I totally satisfied with how he responded in that instance.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 08:28:27 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Scroll down to page to the Beckham video
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2010, 08:00:25 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8577736.stm

Pure kicks

This is one of the funniest things i have ever seen...........LOL.

How is he able to get Beckham, Rooney, Flintoff, Andy Murray etc to do that........lol.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scroll down to page to the Beckham video
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2010, 08:13:58 AM »
How is he able to get Beckham, Rooney, Flintoff, Andy Murray etc to do that........lol.

Apparently it was done for a sport relief benefit....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sportrelief/

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 08:18:52 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »
MODS?? why was this merged??  :(
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2010, 10:14:07 AM »
MODS?? why was this merged??

Agreed Andre....I dont see the connection here  ???

Sounds like gasping at straws....
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:16:11 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2010, 06:01:12 AM »
what de jail is dis i readin here. . .

A spiritual healer has claimed he can get David Beckham fit "within three days" despite medical experts ruling him out of action for around six months.

Sri Lanka president Mahinda Rajapakse has offered Beckham his personal physician, Dr Eliyantha Lindsay White, who claims he can get Beckham back on the pitch in time for the finals in South Africa.

"I am ready to treat him," Eliyantha Lindsay White told AFP. "His condition can be easily treated and within three days he will be able to go back to playing. His case is simple. I can treat him. He can play again."

Beckham has been invited to travel to Sri Lanka for treatment.

Dr White recently received praise from Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar after treatment on a knee injury.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=762188&cc=5901

see .. dat is probably why capello had say he would still take beckham to the world cup . . .

allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »
BECKHAM OUT OF WORLD CUP,.  Owens too.  the US plot continues, Rooney watch out :devil:

John Terry next  :devil:  The US gonna beat the England B team.  :rotfl:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »
BECKHAM OUT OF WORLD CUP,.  Owens too.  the US plot continues, Rooney watch out :devil:

i dunno how man laughing at men getting injured yes.
(Muslim)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »

i dunno how man laughing at men getting injured yes.
Im laughing at the fact i bet a prominant US Soccer official the only chance US go win is if all the UK stars injured. and the by the way things going. it looks so. the US plot continues

1]; } ?>