April 26, 2024, 02:23:42 AM

Poll

Given the current state of Trinidad and Tobago, how and what will influence your decisions if you are given a chance to ink a finger?

PNM
25 (41%)
UNC
21 (34.4%)
COP
6 (9.8%)
NJAC
4 (6.6%)
Other
5 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?  (Read 96934 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »
TI in the ideal world it should be so but it is not.

T+T has not grown up and matured.

Look at our leaders...not one good discussion, only mudslinging.

It starts at the top and dat is wha the populace like, lackaray and bacchanal.

Also there are many duncees among us. They will listen to whoever shouts the loudest and they believe it is so.

Their vote is had for a jersey, a softdrink or mauby a plate of food and $200 for each political meeting they attend. Maxi picking yuh up and dropping yuh home.

But it will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth and gums come next tues for plenty people down here.

There has to be some sort of Plan instituded to Lift the EI of the general population over a certain period of time in the future
untill then the average person on the street "spinnin top in mud" as far as attaining maturity
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:18:28 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »

Also there are many duncees among us. They will listen to whoever shouts the loudest and they believe it is so.

Their vote is had for a jersey, a softdrink or mauby a plate of food and $200 for each political meeting they attend. Maxi picking yuh up and dropping yuh home.

But it will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth and gums come next tues for plenty people down here.

yuh eh lie at all dey touches.  right now some relationships i have with some of my indian friends more or less strained. i am shocked to hear d racist things they sayin and some of the posts that they put on facebook, when jus a couple of months ago everybody limin and lovin one another. dis election really upsetting and i cant wait for it to be over an done with.

Yuh true colours does show durin adversity so dem was racist all d time. So duck dem from tue.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2010, 05:38:33 PM »

yuh eh lie at all dey touches.  right now some relationships i have with some of my indian friends more or less strained. i am shocked to hear d racist things they sayin and some of the posts that they put on facebook, when jus a couple of months ago everybody limin and lovin one another. dis election really upsetting and i cant wait for it to be over an done with.

Yuh true colours does show durin adversity so dem was racist all d time. So duck dem from tue.
well said Weary
sometimes it is a ruse to give you a false sense of security
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2010, 05:39:07 PM »
Touches, iz long time i tellin allyuh TNT divided! when i was there it had nayger coolie and whitey neighborhood!

in tobago man still carrying feelings for trinis, if yuhs ah trini and yuh go there for wuk, ppl does be grumbling bout " how dis trini come here juss so and get wuk before we". big man watching lil boy and cussin yuh BC yuh from trinidad saying " allyuh trini does feel allyuh better than we, and allyuh doh recognize we!".

i remember the last time i visit family there, i went tuh get ah rental and every company blank meh, then meh cousin went and get approval from every rental company, and he wasn't familiar with ah single company.

is yrs TNT ppl divided like dat, me eh surprise! the thing yuh describe with the free maxi and $200 bribe eh nutten new, back in the days that was dubbed as rum and roti politics, donkey yrs now!

in the end, dem dummies would put the incumbent party back in power BC trinis are only interested in instant gratification! these ppl have no clue as to what the issues are and even more clueless in regard to long term benefits.  

i would really like yuh see TNT cleaned up, and ah greater effort to curb crime and the eradication of gangs on the whole!

i would also like tuh see @ least ah TNT appealant court, and ah revamping of the justice system, no more privy council! and i was really pleased tuh hear kamla address this as one of her priorities.

patos on the other hand failed terribly in this regard! he didn't give ah galant effort towards pressing quality of life domestic issues, crime, inflation, basic infrastructure such as accessable water and sewage upgrades (in house running water and bathrooms).

imagine in this day and age ppl still bathing by stand pipes, bringing water and sharing one solitary latrine! in ah country with billions and billions of annual revenue! that's simply ridiculous and unacceptable!

i say give the coalition ah chance, after all, they cyar do no worst than what's being done/ not being done, and we need new ideas.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2010, 05:50:54 PM »
Touches, iz long time i tellin allyuh TNT divided! when i was there it had nayger coolie and whitey neighborhood!

in tobago man still carrying feelings for trinis, if yuhs ah trini and yuh go there for wuk, ppl does be grumbling bout " how dis trini come here juss so and get wuk before we". big man watching lil boy and cussin yuh BC yuh from trinidad saying " allyuh trini does feel allyuh better than we, and allyuh doh recognize we!".

i remember the last time i visit family there, i went tuh get ah rental and every company blank meh, then meh cousin went and get approval from every rental company, and he wasn't familiar with ah single company.

is yrs TNT ppl divided like dat, me eh surprise! the thing yuh describe with the free maxi and $200 bribe eh nutten new, back in the days that was dubbed as rum and roti politics, donkey yrs now!

in the end, dem dummies would put the incumbent party back in power BC trinis are only interested in instant gratification! these ppl have no clue as to what the issues are and even more clueless in regard to long term benefits.  

i would really like yuh see TNT cleaned up, and ah greater effort to curb crime and the eradication of gangs on the whole!

i would also like tuh see @ least ah TNT appealant court, and ah revamping of the justice system, no more privy council! and i was really pleased tuh hear kamla address this as one of her priorities.

patos on the other hand failed terribly in this regard! he didn't give ah galant effort towards pressing quality of life domestic issues, crime, inflation, basic infrastructure such as accessable water and sewage upgrades (in house running water and bathrooms).

imagine in this day and age ppl still bathing by stand pipes, bringing water and sharing one solitary latrine! in ah country with billions and billions of annual revenue! that's simply ridiculous and unacceptable!

i say give the coalition ah chance, after all, they cyar do no worst than what's being done/ not being done, and we need new ideas.
Just Cool, where in the great USA you will find any of those things ya mention there
NOWHERE
it real sad that no government past or present had the intestinal fortitude to do the things that you asking for
NOT ONE
from colonial days on up
I too ask for the same things and my pet peeve in good roads
Ya ever drive between princess town and Mayaro??
Lawd dont drive dat....that road REAL bad
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2010, 06:00:02 PM »

i eh waitin so long nah girl. i lock dem off already
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2010, 06:03:47 PM »

well said Weary
sometimes it is a ruse to give you a false sense of security

cosignnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2010, 06:10:43 PM »
i have been listening to both sides of d platform and i cant say i have heard anything concrete plan from d coalition. other than free laptops for d children, what else d coalition comin wid? what is there vision? instead of kamla singing on d platform like if is a blasted talent show, she should talk about what d coalition plan to do. break down d manifesto, let us know what u intend to do and how yuh intend to do it.

ppl gettin tie up, manning eh go be there forever. colm, martin, hazel, dem eh go be there forever. as rowley say, vote not for who u like but vote for d policies pursued in your interest.  pnm make mistakes, yes, but in terms of solid governance, pnm outweigh d coalition any day. my two cents

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2010, 06:20:07 PM »
i have been listening to both sides of d platform and i cant say i have heard anything concrete plan from d coalition. other than free laptops for d children, what else d coalition comin wid? what is there vision? instead of kamla singing on d platform like if is a blasted talent show, she should talk about what d coalition plan to do. break down d manifesto, let us know what u intend to do and how yuh intend to do it.

ppl gettin tie up, manning eh go be there forever. colm, martin, hazel, dem eh go be there forever. as rowley say, vote not for who u like but vote for d policies pursued in your interest.  pnm make mistakes, yes, but in terms of solid governance, pnm outweigh d coalition any day. my two cents
I tend to accept this view
but my fear is having AJW drooling over ALL that money in the National Treasury
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

AirMan

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2010, 06:40:07 PM »

:rotfl: Steupse this comment reminds me of what Panday supporters use to say about Panday and other UNC leaders to convince people to vote for them
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:21:45 PM by AirMan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »

Geh meh some ah dat high grade nah girl? BC it seem like it working real good on you, i want tuh be in ah trance like state as you and is ah long time i eh get ah good smoke.

BTW, manning totally ignore the quality of life issues that has been plaguing the nation since 1990! is true the fella build highways and skyscrapers, create social programs mainly geared towards education and higher learning which is real good,

but he totally ignore the fact that ppl was paying ah pound and ah crown for basic necessities , while bad man and gangsters was left tuh roam the place doing whatever they will without fear of recompense!

to me that was ah real brain freeze. tell me this, which would ah fella prefer, his kids to be educated or kept safe and fed? access to the best education while they their kids live in an increasingly unsafe society makes no sense to me.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »
Manning make me hate PNM, i was a PNM supporter all my life. but sometimes u have to let go of the PNM till i die shit, and open yuh eyes to the truth. Fact is Manning play ass the past few years, arrogant bitch. One thing is for certain, if i had to vote, is not the PNM i voting for, i rather not vote than to vote he in again. Manning is the face of PNM, like it or not. i doh have crystal ball or patience to wait for he to step down. When people suffering all around me.

/END RANT -_- steam blown... carry on folks.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2010, 07:02:59 PM »
nah JC, no high grade tonight. i jes statin my opinion after viewing d information from both sides. im not into d 'pnm till i die' bullshit. daiz not me. to be honest, i really fed up of dis whole election campaign across d board. but i jus cannot put my future in d hands of jack warner, an errol mc leod etc. cyah live wid myself if i do dat.

AirMan

« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »
the coalition manifesto is available online
www.coptnt.com

thanks i was looking for the link

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »
Manning make me hate PNM, i was a PNM supporter all my life. but sometimes u have to let go of the PNM till i die shit, and open yuh eyes to the truth. Fact is Manning play ass the past few years, arrogant bitch. One thing is for certain, if i had to vote, is not the PNM i voting for, i rather not vote than to vote he in again. Manning is the face of PNM, like it or not. i doh have crystal ball or patience to wait for he to step down. When people suffering all around me.

/END RANT -_- steam blown... carry on folks.

Robbie was arrogant now peeps sayin he was d best ting since slice bread. So dat arrogance ting eh holdin no water by me. D man do nonesense BECAUSE HE PACK D CABINET WIT REAK JOKERS. Kamla as d option I in d pre steupsin phase fastly movin 2 d steupsin phase mon mor and d post steupsin phase right after I put d x by d baliser. Is a vote against Rambachan for SPIC/JW 4 robbin d warriors and 4 Kamla who did not approve a gfriend of minds gettin a wuk when she was Minister of ED she say not ... she is PNM. Not necessary a vote 4 d PNM

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »
The problem with not voting for the PNM is that the alternative looks much worst!
Plus I can't stand the thought of Jack getting his claws on our treasury after what he did to our World Cup Warriors!

Unfortunately Kamal & the UNC not yet ready to govern T&T and look after our interest especially with Jackula as their chairman, sad but true!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
The problem with not voting for the PNM is that the alternative looks much worst!
Plus I can't stand the thought of Jack getting his claws on our treasury after what he did to our World Cup Warriors!

Unfortunately Kamal & the UNC not yet ready to govern T&T and look after our interest especially with Jackula as their chairman, sad but true!

Dat not relevant Manning arrogant.

truetrini

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2010, 09:22:23 PM »
Buh a-a JC yuh change yuh chune????  uh was backing Mannign BIG time earlier.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2010, 09:24:57 PM »
Sadly...right now..it looking like...until better can be done......let de worst continue.

Just like 2007.

*sigh*

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »

I really doh understand how people could say things like this.  but that's just me.

AirMan

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »

I really doh understand how people could say things like this.  but that's just me.
its called "Pnm til ah dead"..dont matter the opposition  :D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2010, 10:12:57 PM »

its called "Pnm til ah dead"..dont matter the opposition   :D

No its called following what the candidates and parties are presenting and using your brain as to which is the least worst alternative!

I doh live or vote in T&T and in fact I have never voted for PNM so my view has nothing to do with PNM till ah head!

You also ignored my obsevation of the alternative so maybe you want Jack hands on T&T's treasury but I don't!
Sorry!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

AirMan

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »

its called "Pnm til ah dead"..dont matter the opposition   :D

No its called following what the candidates and parties are presenting and using your brain as to which is the least worst alternative!

I doh live or vote in T&T and in fact I have never voted for PNM so my view has nothing to do with PNM till ah head!

You also ignored my obsevation of the alternative so maybe you want Jack hands on T&T's treasury but I don't!
Sorry!!

i shared the same sentiment with the poster i quoted..i dont understand about the alternative looking much worse. like he said  "dont understand how people could say things like this"..like many die hards you cannot say what exactly look worse..however that is my opinion..you have yours..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:17:48 PM by AirMan »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2010, 10:16:22 PM »

its called "Pnm til ah dead"..dont matter the opposition  :D

100 murders a year used to be a big deal.  Last year had over 500 and the Minister was boasting about how it was a decrease from the year before.   Done have 200 for this year alone I believe.  In last Friday's Guardian, Martin Joseph say crime is not a major issue in the election. (The same issue of the Guardian had Conrad Enill saying UDECOTT is not an issue in the election btw).

this government waste more money than any other administration in the history of the country and now they bold enough to start a whisper campaign about UNCOP removing GATE.  How much potential tuition money get wasted on all Manning's underutilized vanity projects? 200 years from we still wouldn't have gotten a decent return on all the money that get waste on the Tarouba stadium.

Some people impressed by all the skyscrapers just wait till the oil/gas money start to run dry. 

Last year when people was saying that the money they spend on the flag could have been spent financing medical expenses they say they didn't want to open the floodgates.  UNC promise a 100 million dollar fund, now in this morning (Thursday) papers I read that they promising to set up a 250 million dollar fund.

Local government elections were due 3 years ago but it seems like people ent even notice dat.  Patos say that the system need reform so we waiting till he satisfied before the next election. 

Manning say they can't release the gas price because they have to honour the sanctity of contracts.  Now, my question is: is it appropriate for a government to enter a contract that has a condition to hide such information from the general public?  the government is a proxy for the people.  What mechanisms are in place to hold them accountable?

but yeah, the alternative is much worse.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2010, 10:27:30 PM »

I guess you haven't been following the elections and what the parties have been presenting as their future plans and policies via C-TV and TV6 like I have been doing!
I don't live in T&T and recently voted in the UK elections so I have trained myself to listen to what the opposing parties are presenting as policies rather than looking at the personalities of the leaders.

Yes we can all agree that PNM can do better but you know what, the alternative looks much worst based upon my observations and what they have been presenting!

Plus to cap it all off, do you really want the corrupt hands of Jack on T&T's treasury after what he has done to T&T football over the years and to our 2006 World Cup Warriors just recently?

Yeah right! The grass may look greener on the other side but it is not!

Until better can be done I think its a safer bet to stick with what they've got and make stronger demands from the PNM to improve their performance in certain areas as we are all hoping and praying happens!

If T&T people foolish enough to let Jack have access to their treasury then I am sure his investment in funding the UNC for this elections will be well rewarded by himself to himself many times over!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:42:11 PM by Socapro »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2010, 10:28:02 PM »
can't believe I forget the Scarborough Hospital.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2010, 11:08:39 PM »

I guess you haven't been following the elections and what the parties have been presenting as their future plans and policies via C-TV and TV6 like I have been doing!

I live in San Fernando West, I couldn't not follow the campaign even if I wanted to.  I have access to all those channels and I watch the proceedings on a nightly basis.  I buy and read the newspapers every morning and I've even been known to put on the radio.  In fact, due to my specific location and the relevant acoustics I can sometimes hear political meetings by simply opening the window.

I don't live in T&T and recently voted in the UK elections so I have trained myself to listen to what the opposing parties are presenting as policies rather than looking at the personalities of the leaders.

I will seek to train myself in a similar manner. starting tomorrow. 

The truth of the matter is that neither side is speaking much about what they are actually going to do.  This is an indictment of the populace at least as much as it is of the parties.  We want cliches, gossip and a decent selection of musical acts.

1. I've heard Manning rant about how he knows who told Panday about the election date in '95, about Kamla's political acumen, about how vilified and persecuted he is and many other things.  I've heard Rowley talk about how the party is bigger than any one person and about how the PNM will lose if supporters don't come out to vote in numbers.  I've heard Minister McDonald blame the coalition because someone circulated a picture of her on the internet.  So yes, Kamla isn't saying much, if anything, of substance but it's not worse than the PNM.     

2. Patrick Manning has chosen to make this election a referendum on him and his personality is major influence on how things get done in T&T.  Seeing that you live in the UK I hope you will agree that a British Prime Minister involved with a scandal similar to UDECOTT would have resigned and allowed another member of his party to become PM with their comfortable majority retained.
The, perhaps sad, reality of the situation is that simply promising not to steal as much money as the current administration is a valid campaign promise in our context.

3. I think if you listen to the COP candidates in their meetings they offer somewhat more substance at their meetings than both the PNM and UNC candidates.  At least in my opinion.

Yes we can all agree that PNM can do better but you know what, the alternative looks much worst based upon my observations and what they have been presenting

I fully understand why people would have reservations about the ensemble that is the coalition: I have them myself.  However I stand by what I said before.  I've read your comment and the only specific thing you mention is Jack Warner getting his hands on the treasury.  I am looking at Manning's record with his hand on it and I don't see how things could get "much worst".

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2010, 06:56:06 AM »
well my view is our polical system is rotten .....rotten to the core, and for weeks I was conflicted as to what to do with my vote ,but know I definitely know what I doin' wit mine, though be it with a heavy heart and conscience.....................the racist vibe I have been getting on the ground from indian people have come into contact with has pretty much made my mind for me...........................so much so that, I tell u what regardless of the result if anybody loss d key to dey brain and call me nigger or make any aggressive movement in my direction (alcohol induced or not) it will be ah horse of a different colour..........I shit u not!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 06:58:04 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2010, 07:30:29 AM »
People say that under Manning's leadership, you see the kind of apathy and disregard for citizenry that leads to more corruption, disenfranchisement and frustration of the public. These words can be used to describe the feelings of some under the UNC administration as well. We cannot forget the scandals and acts of corruption perpetuated under Panday's leadership.

But Manning will only go as far as we allow him - even those that surround him in the PNM must be made of sterner stuff and have the balls to stand up for what is right even if it means being unpopular and sidelined etc. It means that we have to get up off our laurels and instead of writing here on random thoughts, start writing letters to the editor, our parliamentarians, local government ministers, church leaders etc. Nobody can make us do anything without our explicit consent; that is the simple/profound truth.

If we would only spend time, attention and sufficient effort to raise people who are able to do the right thing...regardless...in our families, schools, communities etc, then we would see an improvement in the actions of our 'governement'. Remember that the 'government' is simply a microcosm of the wider society. If we want
that is the simple/profound truth.

If we would only spend time, attention and sufficient effort to raise people who are able to do the right thing...regardless...in our families, schools, communities etc, then we would see an improvement in the actions of our 'governement'. Remember that the 'government' is simply a microcosm of the wider society. If we want there to be more honest, fair-minded, ethical members of government, then we have to create that society, because it is the society that produces the government, not the other way around.

I don't believe in a top-down approach to society building; the power lies with the people. Some 41 members of society in 'government' do not have the power over you me or you to decide how we will live our lives. They don't decide for you if you want to be hardworking or lazy, ethical or dishonest, fair-minded or foul, loyal to country or not, safe on the roads, or speed like a damn maniac, put on your seat-belt or 'text' while driving, drive sober or as drunk as a fish1.

When will we take personal responsibility and stop trying to use Patrick Manning as an excuse for all ills!!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2010, 07:49:01 AM »
People say that under Manning's leadership, you see the kind of apathy and disregard for citizenry that leads to more corruption, disenfranchisement and frustration of the public. These words can be used to describe the feelings of some under the UNC administration as well. We cannot forget the scandals and acts of corruption perpetuated under Panday's leadership.

But Manning will only go as far as we allow him - even those that surround him in the PNM must be made of sterner stuff and have the balls to stand up for what is right even if it means being unpopular and sidelined etc. It means that we have to get up off our laurels and instead of writing here on random thoughts, start writing letters to the editor, our parliamentarians, local government ministers, church leaders etc. Nobody can make us do anything without our explicit consent; that is the simple/profound truth.

If we would only spend time, attention and sufficient effort to raise people who are able to do the right thing...regardless...in our families, schools, communities etc, then we would see an improvement in the actions of our 'governement'. Remember that the 'government' is simply a microcosm of the wider society. If we want
that is the simple/profound truth.

If we would only spend time, attention and sufficient effort to raise people who are able to do the right thing...regardless...in our families, schools, communities etc, then we would see an improvement in the actions of our 'governement'. Remember that the 'government' is simply a microcosm of the wider society. If we want there to be more honest, fair-minded, ethical members of government, then we have to create that society, because it is the society that produces the government, not the other way around.

I don't believe in a top-down approach to society building; the power lies with the people. Some 41 members of society in 'government' do not have the power over you me or you to decide how we will live our lives. They don't decide for you if you want to be hardworking or lazy, ethical or dishonest, fair-minded or foul, loyal to country or not, safe on the roads, or speed like a damn maniac, put on your seat-belt or 'text' while driving, drive sober or as drunk as a fish1.

When will we take personal responsibility and stop trying to use Patrick Manning as an excuse for all ills!!"

Cuz it easier to say Patrick Manning have to go! Typical trinis..never dem to blame for anyting. Doh worry...time june we go be experiencing utopia if yuh take on a certain platform.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>