April 19, 2024, 01:09:14 PM

Poll

Given the current state of Trinidad and Tobago, how and what will influence your decisions if you are given a chance to ink a finger?

PNM
25 (41%)
UNC
21 (34.4%)
COP
6 (9.8%)
NJAC
4 (6.6%)
Other
5 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?  (Read 96666 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?
« on: March 31, 2010, 10:50:36 AM »
Let the Voting Begin  :beermug:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »
But dias jus me  :o :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »
is kicks to see who the first few pick...!  :devil:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 11:05:14 AM »
should put abstain, I seriously considering dat....................unless it have ah new type ah revolutionary dat would take over, set tings right, an den return d country to democracy...............sadly there has never really been one ah those.
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 01:24:34 PM »
Yuh need a category for none....."other" doh count....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

Re: Racial division by agenda
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »
Group accuses Manning of discrimination
Saturday, August 1st 2009

The Indo Trinbago Equality Council (ITEC) has accused Prime Minister Patrick Manning of discriminating against the East Indian population in this country.

The Council's chairman, Devant Maharaj, in a statement issued yesterday charged that Manning was practising discrimination because over the years he has been noticeably absent at many of the activities commemorating East Indian Arrival Day but has been making his presence felt at those activities commemorating Emancipation Day, which is being celebrated today.

"Mr Manning is very visible during Emancipation Day celebrations. Dressed in appropriate African attire, he endorses Emancipation Day celebrations. This sends a positive signal to corporate and State sponsors and redounds to the benefit of the Afro Trini community. For this we are happy, we are, however ,saddened by the converse absence of PM Manning at Indian Arrival Day celebrations. Maharaj said days before the Indian Arrival Day 2009 celebrations, his organisation wrote Prime Minister Manning to express its concern about his absence at Indian Arrival Day activities and "it was hoped that ITEC's recommendation that the Honourable Prime Minister begin attending Indian Arrival Day be addressed, however the Honourable Prime Minister ignored not only our recommendation but also once again Arrival Day celebrations."

Maharaj said that with allegations of "ethnic cleansing" rife in the air along with many court cases of inequality of treatment against Indians "the Prime Minister appearance at only Emancipation Day celebrations entrenches the already strong perception that the Manning administration has an unwritten ethnic policy that is anti-Indian."

It look like Devant's Memory failing???
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:43:44 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
I agree with Browning. Other doh count, put NONE!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »
should put abstain, I seriously considering dat....................unless it have ah new type ah revolutionary dat would take over, set tings right, an den return d country to democracy...............sadly there has never really been one ah those.
The only way that could happen is if the military declared marshall law and suspend the govt. and that would be an extremely bad idea in the long run, reasons?

first off, all the foreign investors would more than likely pull out of their ivestments. the progress we made from the summit and all our endeavors be become ah financial hub and a convention haven like dubai and singapore would blow up in our face.

our industries would suffer, as well as tourism.          any more bright ideas?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »
The only way that could happen is if the military declared marshall law and suspend the govt. and that would be an extremely bad idea in the long run, reasons?

first off, all the foreign investors would more than likely pull out of their ivestments. the progress we made from the summit and all our endeavors be become ah financial hub and a convention haven like dubai and singapore would blow up in our face.

our industries would suffer, as well as tourism.          any more bright ideas?

well we are well aware of these things, I stated that.....err though be it abstractly, especially since our "democracy" is a rotating quasi dictatorship, an d culture of maximum leadership well an truly seasoned in we blood, I highly doubt d military will want to give power back much less be in position to set things "right"

as said before a "neeeeeeewwwwwwww typpe of revolutionary" as in dat species doh exist...........especially here
I pity the fool....

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 09:23:57 PM »
Njac still exist ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 05:22:22 AM »
Njac still exist ?

But aye, aye...how yuh mean?? Dem was marching up and down the place the other day against Calder Hart & UDeCOTT......yuh just farse.... :devil: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 09:12:20 PM »
for Obama again oui ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »
soo i see UNC winning in the polls  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 09:55:07 AM »
I find Daft Trini discriminating......where the "none ah dem category" ??    >:(

And who vote for other??   :devil:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 10:10:39 AM »
soo i see UNC winning in the polls  :devil:

da mightnt b such a good thing...but it seemin likely

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »
many can come up with or narrow the conclusions as to the results
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »
I find Daft Trini discriminating......where the "none ah dem category" ??    >:(

And who vote for other??   :devil:

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS D BEST OPTION AT THE MOMENT. But PNM and UNC in we face so God help us.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »
If it is truth, I wonder what Panday's new party will be called.
Another split for the UNC....

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 06:49:50 AM »

PPP- Panday's Political Party :o
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 07:49:39 AM »
PNM till ah dead :beermug:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

AirMan

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »

Where are you getting your info from ?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »

Where are you getting your info from ?

One of the newspapers from lsome time ago deary.
Hinting of forming a new party.

When I get home later, I'll get the link. But I swear it was posted in another thread...

edit*

Panday to form his own party
Kimberly Mackhan
Published: 17 Feb 2010
Kimberly Mackhan

Attorney Ricky Harnanan has been mandated to pinpoint the requirements that Basdeo Panday would need to form another political party, and maintain his position as Leader of the Opposition, according to a well-placed informant.

“Ricky has been asked to prepare a constitution (for Panday’s proposed party) for consideration, in consultation with Ramesh Maharaj, and the discussions with Ramesh have been spearheaded by Kelvin (Ramnath),” said the informant, who was close to Panday. “It includes Ramesh being made chief whip and deputy political leader and political leader-in-waiting (of Panday’s new party).” The informant said that Panday was holding on to his strength of Opposition UNC Members of Parliament (MPs)—his daughter Mikela, brother Subhas, Kelvin Ramnath, Ramesh Maharaj, Vasant Bharath, Dr Hamza Rafeeq and Dr Tim Gopeesingh—to prevent his rival, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, from removing and replacing him as Opposition Leader. Persad-Bissessar, who defeated Panday to become political leader of the Opposition United National Congress (UNC), indicated last week that she needed the written support of one more Opposition MP for President George Maxwell Richards to appoint her to the post of Opposition Leader.
Read the rest http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/02/17/panday-form-his-own-party

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:32:18 AM by Prematie Bheem »

AirMan

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 11:36:03 AM »
^^ I posted that article in this "general Election thread" but that to me seem like after internal election backlash to sit on the backbench..., noticed its dated february 17th...since Manning annouce general elections fuh this year and since kamla started her campaign (even choosing candidates) I am yet to hear of a Panday new party..maybe his new party would come but i wont be surprised if it does does not come..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:44:04 AM by AirMan »

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »
^^ I posted that article in this "general Election thread" but that to me seem like after internal election backlash to sit on the backbench..., noticed its dated february 17th...since Manning annouce general elections fuh this year and since kamla started her campaign (even choosing candidates) I am yet to hear of a Panday new party..maybe his new party would come but i wont be surprised if it does does not come..
Dais because yuh reading selectively.  He jes say that others may want to form a new party..he gave the hint fella, jes 3 days ago.

AirMan

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
Dais because yuh reading selectively.  He jes say that others may want to form a new party..he gave the hint fella, jes 3 days ago.

so why dont you post a link so we can all read ..

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »
Because your eye does only see anti government, and not balanced, leh meh help yuh pout..in fact yuh eye seeing like manning 20/20/..all over de place

Look:

Bas sees new party coming
Richard Lord
Published: 3 Apr 2010

Basdeo Panday
Richard Lord

Former Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday says a new political party may be formed in T&T. Panday made the statement during a brief interview yesterday. Asked to comment on the state of affairs within the Opposition United National Congress (UNC) and moves to achieve opposition unity, Panday said: “If they (party leaders) continue to be spiteful and agonise enough people, maybe they (the agonised) would form a new political party, which would defeat the entire process of unity.”

Asked if he was expected to play any role in that exercise, Panday quickly responded: “No, no, no. I now have the time to do a lot of the things I always wanted to do and I am enjoying my life.” Panday said he was studying literature, listening to music and reading books. He said he has resumed work on his autobiography. He said any attempt to achieve opposition unity would be unsuccessful if the leaders could not genuinely come together. He said there must be meaningful discussions among the leaders if the opposition has to engage the ruling People’s National Movement (PNM) in a one-on-one election battle.

And Panday has welcomed the move by the Government to lay the controversial, unsanitised report of the Uff Commission of Enquiry into the Construction Sector and the Urban Development Corporation of T&T (Udecott) in the Senate. “It was the right thing to do,” Panday added. He said, however, that there was the real danger of libelling innocent people by tabling the document in the Parliament. But he quickly countered saying that most of the people interviewed and named in the report would have been cross-examined in the commission hearings before chairman Prof John Uff. (RL)

http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/04/03/bas-sees-new-party-coming

AirMan

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 03:42:39 PM »

Because your eye does only see anti government, and not balanced, leh meh help yuh pout..in fact yuh eye seeing like manning 20/20/..all over de place

Look:

Bas sees new party coming
Richard Lord
Published: 3 Apr 2010

Basdeo Panday
Richard Lord

Former Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday says a new political party may be formed in T&T. Panday made the statement during a brief interview yesterday. Asked to comment on the state of affairs within the Opposition United National Congress (UNC) and moves to achieve opposition unity, Panday said: “If they (party leaders) continue to be spiteful and agonise enough people, maybe they (the agonised) would form a new political party, which would defeat the entire process of unity.”
Asked if he was expected to play any role in that exercise, Panday quickly responded: “No, no, no. I now have the time to do a lot of the things I always wanted to do and I am enjoying my life.” Panday said he was studying literature, listening to music and reading books. He said he has resumed work on his autobiography. He said any attempt to achieve opposition unity would be unsuccessful if the leaders could not genuinely come together. He said there must be meaningful discussions among the leaders if the opposition has to engage the ruling People’s National Movement (PNM) in a one-on-one election battle.

And Panday has welcomed the move by the Government to lay the controversial, unsanitised report of the Uff Commission of Enquiry into the Construction Sector and the Urban Development Corporation of T&T (Udecott) in the Senate. “It was the right thing to do,” Panday added. He said, however, that there was the real danger of libelling innocent people by tabling the document in the Parliament. But he quickly countered saying that most of the people interviewed and named in the report would have been cross-examined in the commission hearings before chairman Prof John Uff. (RL)

http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/04/03/bas-sees-new-party-coming

So how does this article confirms Prematee Bheem earlier post, or your previous post ?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:59:35 PM by AirMan »

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 04:28:47 PM »
steups, yuh is ah beh beh or wah?

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 10:09:19 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3MF2rs8HwA

A gentle reminder from Rowley!

1]; } ?>