April 19, 2024, 01:10:21 PM

Poll

Given the current state of Trinidad and Tobago, how and what will influence your decisions if you are given a chance to ink a finger?

PNM
25 (41%)
UNC
21 (34.4%)
COP
6 (9.8%)
NJAC
4 (6.6%)
Other
5 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?  (Read 96667 times)

truetrini

Re: Panday and his cronies stepping up the push for a new party.
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 07:35:34 PM »
Ronald Bhola: CAUCUS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF DEMOCRACY COUVA SOUTH. Come and join us at a meeting of the caucus for the preservation of democracy in the UNC on Thursday April 8th @ 5:00pm at the Couva South Constituency conference room. Present will be Mr. Basdeo Panday, Ramesh L Maharaj, Kelv...in Ramnath, Mickela Panday and other MP's and activists. Kelvin Ramnath MP

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 05:25:02 AM »
Ronald Bhola: CAUCUS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF DEMOCRACY COUVA SOUTH. Come and join us at a meeting of the caucus for the preservation of democracy in the UNC on Thursday April 8th @ 5:00pm at the Couva South Constituency conference room. Present will be Mr. Basdeo Panday, Ramesh L Maharaj, Kelv...in Ramnath, Mickela Panday and other MP's and activists. Kelvin Ramnath MP

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
other MP's like who??.... ??? ???

Well yes, Patrick yuh could always count on yuh boy Bas to screw up things.....look let me go and buy out shares in the Orville Redenbacker popcorn company.....the supermarkets eh goh have enough popcorn for this upcoming mother of all silly seasons... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 05:30:32 AM »
Ah... why why.... Ah hearing Bas getting support from the Indo Equality what ever organization... I did not know there was Jim Crow laws ever in TnT and I fancy myself as a part time historian.... :beermug:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 05:41:10 AM »
Ah... why why.... Ah hearing Bas getting support from the Indo Equality what ever organization... I did not know there was Jim Crow laws ever in TnT and I fancy myself as a part time historian.... :beermug:

coolie people real stupid yes. I feel it could only be a race issue that people wanna stick with panday, likewise pnm. PNM may not be a racist party as per say, but the people who suffer/support them most, and get nothing in return, could only be voting them because is a black man in charge.
What was the reason Kamal Mohammed was side stepped again?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 05:54:14 AM »

coolie people real stupid yes. I feel it could only be a race issue that people wanna stick with panday, likewise pnm. PNM may not be a racist party as per say, but the people who suffer/support them most, and get nothing in return, could only be voting them because is a black man in charge.

Because was an old tief d health sector neva recover from all what did tief when he was Min of Health
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 05:57:11 AM »
Marlene booed outside Balisier House/ Kimberly Mackhan ... Port-of-Spain South MP Marlene McDonald received loud and persistent booing from one long-standing People’s National Movement (PNM) supporter Christine “Twiggy” Levia after being screened to recontest her seat.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 06:18:31 AM »

It was a know fact that Mahabir and Mohammed was side stepped by Clarke to lead the country because they were indians ??? Think again they were greedy and dirty politicians also  ;)... but this is 2010, I feel Indians in trinidad because of the general family structure, knitted to their culture, dedication to higher education and thriftiness have a larger fighting chance than the average black man in trinidad... look how far they have come so why the need to form an equality organization...?

The year was 1930, Literacy in Trinidad stood at a 57 % balanced between men and women; among Indians it stood a pathetic 23 % and among Indian women @ 13 %. Only christian converts had average levels of literacy, thanks to a Canadian Presbyterian Mission which had the aim of "Christianizing and Educating" the indians of Trinidad. In popular legend in the 1930's indians were depicted as poor, mean, rural, heathen, aggressive, ethnically exclusive abd illiterate.... Handbook of Trinidad and Tobago

Indians gave absolutely little support for Dr Williams, who had despised many of them for this. Which was only giving him punitive political support against the British Commission in TnT. It was from here and his need to secure himself in politics that the country was seen as politically divided. In 1961 Dr Williams enacted the Representation of the People Bill which gave many afro Caribbean settlers to trinidad the right to vote (they were aptly rewarded and they have remained a main stay for PNM support till the present day). This was seen as a betrayal by the Panday and the Workers and Farmers Party who felt isolated by the political process. It was here the actor cum law student/politician was able to inject his venom into the minds of the indian masses... since then his political career has been kept alive hinging on race politricks...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 06:22:46 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 06:19:58 AM »

Because was an old tief d health sector neva recover from all what did tief when he was Min of Health

From what I heard... this is true and Ellis took into consideration if his hands was dirty with a little of TnT's money... what if he had... all?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 06:35:51 AM »
For those who doh support nun ah dem... ah cayr do that because their is no such thing as "nun ah dem" when yuh voting... One of the top 3 will win... and go on to run de country... if I had it my way I would still have the NAR... but this is wishful thinking..!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 06:47:47 AM »
For those who doh support nun ah dem... ah cayr do that because their is no such thing as "nun ah dem" when yuh voting... One of the top 3 will win... and go on to run de country... if I had it my way I would still have the NAR... but this is wishful thinking..!

NAR D ONLY PARTY I EVER VOTED 4 AND DID NOT FEEL SICK AFTER.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 06:50:25 AM »

come on NAR in modern language is spelt COP.

Listen in my view, if an Indian had taken over the PNM, their base would not have accepted that - simple. Imagine is indian making most use of the pnmistic ways and benefiting behind the scenes and the african base didn't/doesnt mind that, but if an Indian take over leadership then it will be right up in their faces and that was/is unacceptable.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 08:05:11 AM »

Listen in my view, if an Indian had taken over the PNM, their base would not have accepted that - simple. Imagine is indian making most use of the pnmistic ways and benefiting behind the scenes and the african base didn't/doesnt mind that, but if an Indian take over leadership then it will be right up in their faces and that was/is unacceptable.

true dat.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 08:43:35 AM »

Sammy, yuh right about the sufferers voting and not getting any benefits thereoff , that is very true TODAY, but yesteryear that was ah whole different story, as for voting BC iz black man in charge, ah think yuh might be exaggerating.

my great aunt was ah carib woman from arima, as ah matter of fact, my grandmother and her whole klan was carib and spanish mixed, those ppl were as poor as they come, but loved the pmn like is ah party send from god, and rightfully so.

the pmn took these ppl away from colonial deprivation, and gave them ah sense of independence, which included, affordable housing, instead of sharing ah barrack yard with tons of ppl and 1800s amenities like latrines and ah stand pipe to take showers,

they finally had running water in their homes and no longer had to suffer the effects of livin in ah tenement, they also had ah more dignified way to earn ah livin without having to scrub white ppl floors and clean up dog sh!t after their dogs.

back then, the PMN was the ppl's party. it had chinese supporters, indian supporters (northerners that is), syrian, black, mixed, and strong carib & spanish supporters.  that's BC these ppl knew what it was like tuh suffer the ills of colonialism, and the PNM delivered them from that existence.

so yuh have tuh understand why uptil now, grass roots ppl in the north and in the east west corridor despite their less than rosy economic position are still supportive of the PNM. i would like to think it's out of indebtedness rather than conscious support. i'm not condoning it, but rather stating the obvious.

it was our first party, and our parents and grand parents brought us up in that environment tuh love the PNM, and God forbid if we ever decide tuh diss the programm and bad talk the PNM? that was never tolerated, and had to be done in their absence, back then, that was on ah level as disrespecting divinity.

i will agree that in earlier times indian ppl were severely disrespected and scorned, not only by blacks, but french creoles, mix race ppl, some chinese and in some instance whites, but this was also a two way street, indians also showed disdain for other ethnic groups, particularly africans.,

believe it or not sammy, this was designed by the british tuh keep the masses from forming an alliance against them, so they divided the masses with heavy propaganda concerning each other. they did it in south africa, uganda, in india before it was separated into other 3 countries, guyana, and indo china.

i believe if we were governed by the yanks, africans and indians would have ah better more amicable relationship in TNT! these former bastard colonial masters made mayhem amongst many differant ethnic groups where ever they were. just look @ israel.

as sad as it maybe sammy, i think it will take ah few hundred yrs for this venom to leave our system, the shyte has deep roots compounded by british colonial intelligence
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:58:00 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

AirMan

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 09:45:23 AM »

fuh real..at the end of the day Trinidadians will get nothing in return...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:52:30 AM by AirMan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 10:28:22 AM »

Sammy, ah think yuh giving black ppl too much credit! :rotfl: :rotfl: bredder, if yuh know anything about PNM and their strong hold, then you would know there's nowhere that is comparable to lakooharp (the harp), desperle cresent laventille and basilon street!!

these ppl don't allow outsiders tuh come in and dictate for them, but wait, have you ever heard of ramjit samarroo? well he's the musical arranger for renegades steel orchestra. jit as he's affectionately called is like a lord in the harp, and EDR, the young and the old know and love jit, patrick penco captained renegades from1984 - 1991 was also of east indian decent/ dougla, but more indian than anything.

mr and mrs singh had ah vegetable palour smack in the middle of basilon street, and the singhs were like family, they've been there way before me, some 30 something yrs. every body loved and appreciated the singhs, and if mr singh decided tuh run for office in that constituency, he most likely would've won by ah huge margin.

MR sammarro was also another piller in the community,he had ah variety store smack on observatory street, ppl in the community used tuh call him "the boss", he had nuff nuff say in the community and was like ah father figure. him and DR RAT was very close and he would often advise him on business matters.

the fella who made rudolph charles pan casket was an indian fella name ish, i was present when he welded it on laventille rd right off desperle cresent and ovid alley. ish was no slouch and ah real cool bredder.

the point ah trying tuh make is, yuh need tuh spend some time in this community(EDR, pos) tuh know that we never suffered from that sickness. when i was growing up in EDR , we had working class whites, indians, chinese, french creoles,spanish, dougla just every race living real real fackin cool wid each other and all PNM supporters!

it didn't have no black or indian neighborhoods, every body just live together in peace. ah bet yuh didn't know it have ah high concentration of indains up in gonzales bordering belmont bellau rd? they keep all the indian festivals and holydays, the weddings hindu and muslim alike, it was ah real cool scene.

it's only when i was old enough to travel around the country as ah young fella and visit other rural communities, did i realize, "WAIT!" "trinidad is really ah divided country along racial lines boy?"  i'm pretty sure  it's Bc of the way i was raised in POS, and what i saw as ah yute had me naive about this reality.

tuh tell yuh the truth, nothing prepared me for this, especially living in and around EDR , belmont, and wood brook.. but sammy, i believe the PNM woulda never had ah problem wid an indian PM, well @ least not town ppl. can't speak for the rest of trinidad though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:33:21 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 11:02:23 AM »

Sammy, ah think yuh giving black ppl too much credit! :rotfl: :rotfl: bredder, if yuh know anything about PNM and their strong hold, then you would know there's nowhere that is comparable to lakooharp (the harp), desperle cresent laventille and basilon street!!

these ppl don't allow outsiders tuh come in and dictate for them, but wait, have you ever heard of ramjit samarroo? well he's the musical arranger for renegades steel orchestra. jit as he's affectionately called is like a lord in the harp, and EDR, the young and the old know and love jit, patrick penco captained renegades from1984 - 1991 was also of east indian decent/ dougla, but more indian than anything.

mr and mrs singh had ah vegetable palour smack in the middle of basilon street, and the singhs were like family, they've been there way before me, some 30 something yrs. every body loved and appreciated the singhs, and if mr singh decided tuh run for office in that constituency, he most likely would've won by ah huge margin.

MR sammarro was also another piller in the community,he had ah variety store smack on observatory street, ppl in the community used tuh call him "the boss", he had nuff nuff say in the community and was like ah father figure. him and DR RAT was very close and he would often advise him on business matters.

the fella who made rudolph charles pan casket was an indian fella name ish, i was present when he welded it on laventille rd right off desperle cresent and ovid alley. ish was no slouch and ah real cool bredder.

the point ah trying tuh make is, yuh need tuh spend some time in this community(EDR, pos) tuh know that we never suffered from that sickness. when i was growing up in EDR , we had working class whites, indians, chinese, french creoles,spanish, dougla just every race living real real fackin cool wid each other and all PNM supporters!

it didn't have no black or indian neighborhoods, every body just live together in peace. ah bet yuh didn't know it have ah high concentration of indains up in gonzales bordering belmont bellau rd? they keep all the indian festivals and holydays, the weddings hindu and muslim alike, it was ah real cool scene.

it's only when i was old enough to travel around the country as ah young fella and visit other rural communities, did i realize, "WAIT!" "trinidad is really ah divided country along racial lines boy?"  i'm pretty sure  it's Bc of the way i was raised in POS, and what i saw as ah yute had me naive about this reality.

tuh tell yuh the truth, nothing prepared me for this, especially living in and around EDR , belmont, and wood brook.. but sammy, i believe the PNM woulda never had ah problem wid an indian PM, well @ least not town ppl. can't speak for the rest of trinidad though.

some good talk there from jc, the edr is different than other parts of the nation, alot of people on a scene in other areas and have a racial way of conducting themselves. if your from the ghetto, it didnt matter what colour you were, you were all the same, treated the same.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 11:07:03 AM »
i go run as an independent and vote for mihself.

all dem party full of sh*t.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 11:13:52 AM »

All yuh wrong like ah o. COP eh no NAR

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »
In my humble opinion:

The alternatives to the existing government do not present viable platforms that suggest positive reforms in social, economic, governance, health, educational ,infrastructural or political improvements.

Change for change sake or change because of apathy does not represent in my opinion improved lifestyle for the majority. Likewise, change as a result of prolonged resentment or perceived ineptitude does not seem  like a viable solution.

The advent of crime, inflation and social ills are not endemic to TNT. Major industrial countries, including North America are  up against the same ills and have not conquered nor mastered  effective preventative programs, yet we all expect TNT to have these problems resolved. Given our cultural approaches to bureaucracy and to 'getting things done' we expect over night drastic changes by government. Government changes and innovative attempts are fruitless until as a nation we adjust our cultural lens to combat the callousness with how we approach human lives, the integrity with how we complete daily transactions, the wanton economic waste and the manner in which we move in a selfish appetite to horde and to thirstfully exploit the masses to benefit and to promote self interest.

Until all political foes unite with a common pledge to improve  the lives of the masses what we will continue to  engender is a government  who will be self serving to those who are connected, paid off, and to those who continue to suck the $$$ form its coffers while  food prices, housing, and basic commodities continue to soar and impoverish conditions to ravage the very said communities that languish and cry out for changes.

What are all parties' plans for managing and sustaining renewable and existing natural resources? How will these resources be profitable so that all citizens would benefit and not  bear the strain and burden of inept and grossly mismanaging of public funds?

At the moment opposition agendas are not been presented with any solid plans  for reforms simply because none exist. The energies  of today's opposition members appear to be based solely on acquiring power . Therefore, it  incumbent that prior to inking  a finger and casting a vote, that we  demand from all parties, including the one in power and those striving for power to be accountable, to produce concrete and pragmatic  reforms that would address and be implemented to bring about  timely and real change that would improve the  lot of the masses. STOP running our economy as if we were living and earning  usa $$$ and PURCHASING IN THE USA. Implement REGULATORY AGENCIES to enforce price control in an economic market where daily gauging of the ordinary citizen is rampant; to enforce and be a watchdog over government spending and  enacting of policies.

All so called members of parliaments must be more accountable to their constituents;  too often we simply cast our vote with a blind faith that it will be better or that race, ethnicity and social class will act as determining factors for  improvements. I suggest that we must act and hold those who ascribe for public offices to a higher degree of accountability. Nepotism, favoritism and all the other isms which have put us in this mess must be eradicated.

Until Oppositions assist in supporting social programs and change for the people as oppose to opposing for opposing sake, then they too musty also share in the blame for our present conditions; until opposition parties put forth alternatives to crime prevention measures then they too are with fault. No longer should the populous be content with putting people win power who ARE THEN improvising PLANS TO SOLVE THE ISSUES. If an opposition party has solutions, then that must be evident  to the electorate hence voter confidence will be informed and not based on sentimentality.

If government reforms are stymied by opposition, then the opposition should be bold enough to produce their plans and outline their resolutions to today's ills which plague society.

As  those who  have the right to vote, let that be one that is  one based on informed decisions and with  a degree of accountability. I rest my case.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:00:51 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 01:08:36 PM »
BREAKING NEWS!!!.....Manning has told the President to dissolve Parliament with effect from midnight tonight.....the silly season has officially started!!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »

All yuh wrong like ah o. COP eh no NAR
[/quo

ENT!!
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »
Long live the virtues and the original precepts of Eric Williams

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thailand’s  This headline insinuates that policies toward Democracy as we know it in TNT will change if the planned election installs a new regime with a seemingly democratic face.  How was democracy any different when UNC was the elected government? How is  it going to be democratic when one of these so called leaders premise is for the advocacy of one ethnic group above the rest? What constitutes undemocratic practices and principles?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 05:44:13 PM »
Two terms and out for Prime ministers!!!!!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 08:45:44 PM »
Interesting stuff JC.

believe it or not sammy, this was designed by the british tuh keep the masses from forming an alliance against them, so they divided the masses with heavy propaganda concerning each other.

It wasnt the colonials alone that did that, both Williams and Bhadase used this very same tactic back in the early days to keep the people divided to suit their own needs.

I heard clive nunez speak about racial tensions in T&T so much so that williams couldnt ride the train through caroni cause he could've been stoned/killed and the same for bhadase in other parts of the country. He even spoke of a plot between williams and bhadase where Bhadase faked his daughter's kidnapping just so that Indians wont trust the africans thus keeping the divisions and tensions alive.

I know what u speak of people (africans and indians ) living and working together as one. I grew up in that. When i get sick and my nother didnt know what to do, is granny next door(an african) she running by. I remember we were so good with those people- too bad they moved away. I remember a time tanty Phillis (granny daughter who was big and fat) come across by we and sat down causing the chair leg to buss through the rotten floor board of we house  :rotfl: and it was all good- no hard feelings.

Anyhow, i am sure that there are many stories like that many people across T&T have but here is the main question: even if the races are all good and dandy, deep down would they really want to put someone of different ethnic back ground to rule them?In other words, would they want to bow down to some one who is perceived to be lower than them.  I think this is the seed sown in the hearts of people of those times and it still germinates today, a seed sown by those who wished to rule including williams, bhadase, panday and the lot.

Look at how some pnm people does complain about the PNM government but if u ask them y they dont vote for someone else, they will say UNC in a mess and full of corruption and it eh have no one else. So alone comes COP, so y not vote for COP? they will say how COP is a knife and fork party and how Dookeran does shake he head too much when he talking . Come on, they vote for the pnm as u rightly said because mainly because of tradition, a sense of indebtedness and race. UNC is the same thing, but thank goodness that the new era rolling in and the indians no longer feel they owe panday anymore. I can only hope/pray that the african youths adopting this style of thinking too.

(Muslim)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 09:27:41 PM »
Which ruling party had more of a multi-ethnic composition as ministers? Check this party's ministers from the early 60's?

Remember the minister of External affairs? K M? Remember E M?

This party had Indo, Afro Chinese, Syrian, and others of all mixes yet toady we decry and  default to 'race' as a line of demarcation from which we must rest our loyalties upon...why?

What will the ruling party do differently to improve the conditions which has exist for the past five years?
In what areas have  we improved as a nation? In what areas are we continuing to struggle?

EVERY PARTY EVERY ONE WHO IS SEEKING PUBLIC OFFICE MUST STAND UP AND BE ACCOUNTABLE PRIOR TO A VOTE BEING CAST THEIR WAY ; REGARDLESS OF PARTY, CRED OR RACE. THE TIME HAS COME FOR ACCOUNTABILITY AT IT'S HIGHEST.

http://ir.lib.sfu.ca/bitstream/1892/6269/1/b14490298.pdf
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:06:57 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2010, 10:24:29 PM »
BREAKING NEWS!!!.....Manning has told the President to dissolve Parliament with effect from midnight tonight.....the silly season has officially started!!!...

LOUDEST OF STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2010, 11:51:30 PM »
Here we go again.

Wonder if the UFF report is going to be made public before the election!

We'll see if there is the same ground swell of support there was for the COP last time.  Only way the UNC and COP have a chance is if they co-ordinate which seats they contest.
Doh make any kinda sense for UNC to run in Diego.

I think the PNM just decided things going to get worse as time pass so best to cash in now before the opposition unifies and before the UFF findings start burying them.  Very risky move.

AirMan

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 04:43:21 AM »
Here we go again.

Wonder if the UFF report is going to be made public before the election!

We'll see if there is the same ground swell of support there was for the COP last time.  Only way the UNC and COP have a chance is if they co-ordinate which seats they contest.
Doh make any kinda sense for UNC to run in Diego.

I think the PNM just decided things going to get worse as time pass so best to cash in now before the opposition unifies and before the UFF findings start burying them.  Very risky move.

Hmmm lets see what happens

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 08:43:33 AM »
Interesting stuff JC.

believe it or not sammy, this was designed by the british tuh keep the masses from forming an alliance against them, so they divided the masses with heavy propaganda concerning each other.

It wasnt the colonials alone that did that, both Williams and Bhadase used this very same tactic back in the early days to keep the people divided to suit their own needs.

I heard clive nunez speak about racial tensions in T&T so much so that williams couldnt ride the train through caroni cause he could've been stoned/killed and the same for bhadase in other parts of the country. He even spoke of a plot between williams and bhadase where Bhadase faked his daughter's kidnapping just so that Indians wont trust the africans thus keeping the divisions and tensions alive.

I know what u speak of people (africans and indians ) living and working together as one. I grew up in that. When i get sick and my nother didnt know what to do, is granny next door(an african) she running by. I remember we were so good with those people- too bad they moved away. I remember a time tanty Phillis (granny daughter who was big and fat) come across by we and sat down causing the chair leg to buss through the rotten floor board of we house  :rotfl: and it was all good- no hard feelings.

Anyhow, i am sure that there are many stories like that many people across T&T have but here is the main question: even if the races are all good and dandy, deep down would they really want to put someone of different ethnic back ground to rule them?In other words, would they want to bow down to some one who is perceived to be lower than them.  I think this is the seed sown in the hearts of people of those times and it still germinates today, a seed sown by those who wished to rule including williams, bhadase, panday and the lot.

Look at how some pnm people does complain about the PNM government but if u ask them y they dont vote for someone else, they will say UNC in a mess and full of corruption and it eh have no one else. So alone comes COP, so y not vote for COP? they will say how COP is a knife and fork party and how Dookeran does shake he head too much when he talking . Come on, they vote for the pnm as u rightly said because mainly because of tradition, a sense of indebtedness and race. UNC is the same thing, but thank goodness that the new era rolling in and the indians no longer feel they owe panday anymore. I can only hope/pray that the african youths adopting this style of thinking too.

Sammy yuh totally missed my point. :frustrated: i was not refering to northerners as being more accepting of indains, or the races getting along together. NO!

my point was that PNM is not ah african party bro, it's ah ppl's party, some of eric williams most loyal supporters were chinese! and the only reason the masses don't know that is BC they were a minority group @ the time.

even eric was torn between being ah chine and ah african, and some black ppl would say he was ah half chine. he did loads for the chinese community, even more than any other demographic on the twin island, and promoted them to high status and blessed them with land and loans tuh run business.

eric used to be up in chungsang chinese association in st anns all the time according to numerous reports hanging out like normal.

so yuh see, it have nutten tuh do wid black party. it have old indian PNM supporters who would never vote for the UNC, that's BC the PNM was never a party of race. french creoles, syrians , chines, african, mix up ppl, like up in paramin, who are for the most part cocospanish and carib natives, they would only vote PNM and nothing more!

yuh want tuh know why? BC it was the party that made us ah nation(independant) gave us hope, and delivered the ppl from colonial head luck that held them back, that's what these ppl felt indebted too, and nothing more.

believe it or not, if errol mahabir, sham mohammad or kamal mohammad back then ran as the leader of the PNM party, PNM supporters woulda voted for them in like manner they did for williams!!

maybe williams was ah racist who hated indians and would never give an indian the nod tuh lead the party and the nation, ah certainly wouldn't put it past him, BC them old fellas was full ah grudging!

and if so, then that was internal. but ask the ppl if the balisay was worn by an indain, would they care? they would say" we voting PNM and nothing more".

trust meh horse, it was never about race, but rather ah grass roots movement! and nothing more! my granny was not an african, nor is half my family in arima, and tamana and they was all staunch PNM supporters, and not just them, but the whole community, even though they were broke like liberty bell.

bottom line, most african ppl voted PNM BC it was the founding party, and it was ah grass roots party as well, not ah hoity toity party that catered only for the upper and middle crust, but rather the small man who was quite insignificant, especially in those days.

the ppl identified with it, and they felt ah sense of pride and belonging. same for indian ppl. for yrs bass gave them hope when he was the union leader for the CFA, and that was also ah continuation of the labor struggle back in the fifties. so there is some sense of indebtedness i guess.

1]; } ?>