March 28, 2024, 09:56:37 AM

Poll

Given the current state of Trinidad and Tobago, how and what will influence your decisions if you are given a chance to ink a finger?

PNM
25 (41%)
UNC
21 (34.4%)
COP
6 (9.8%)
NJAC
4 (6.6%)
Other
5 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?  (Read 96051 times)

truetrini

Re: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »
Let  thy People go!!!! out of the depths  have we cried..... who will lead?

Leaders of integrity where are you?

I cast my vote for.........

you not voting....in Trinidad elections.....so wha???

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »
The opposition parties have not  shown me substantial  concrete palns that they have any solid platform to do any better than the  present ruling party.

The present ruling party have not shown any  innovative ideas to combat the ills that is plaguing  society.

If they were to call a leadership referendum and change leaders, one may be inclined to go with what is.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2010, 05:13:10 PM »
People don't want to see plans from the opposition. They just don't want to see Patos face anymore!!!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »
People don't want to see plans from the opposition. They just don't want to see Patos face anymore!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

That my BROTHERS AND SISTERS IS THE REASON why people voting. Wednesday we go try and figure out what the hell Kamla and her posse up too. And in 6 months call another elections. By then the coalition mash up because Warner find Assam tiefin the money faster dan he.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2010, 05:32:53 PM »
'Vex' vote could see TNT moving in  a catastrophic direction of further degradation. The xisiting opposition  parties are sitting in the best position because  what is presently ruling is taking a lot of  'heat' and major discontentment is apparent.

However the electorates could simply vote out the ruler in his constituency riding; rule out the minister of security and let's move on from there.

When allyuh go in that booth THINK twice as to whether or not these so call opposition parities are selling you a bag of hot air and fruitless promises.

AirMan

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2010, 05:47:30 PM »

article by Pastor Clive Dottin

Post-May 24, 3 Cs and corruption
Pastor Clive Dottin
Published: 18 May 2010
Pastor Clive Dottin
After May 24, we have to appreciate the talents of every group, and unite to fight the monsters that are placing us on the list of endangered species.

After May 24, we have to empower the victims of abuse, comfort mothers mourning the loss of their sons and daughters, support children grieving for their fathers whom they saw collapsing as bullets were pumped into them. After May 24, we have to adopt homeless children and encourage decent citizens to lift their self-esteem and help them to identify their talents. We have to motivate them to trust, have respect and forgive. After May 24, we have to launch a national grief-care project. In fact the project must become a ministry. But we have a challenge: some people wish to heal while holding on to the desire for revenge. This is impossible. There can be no real healing without forgiveness! After May 24, we have to continue the quest for justice. Who will protect Police Officer YY94? This is not her number; I have used 94 as a symbol. Who will have the courage to protect this police officer? She has been threatened because she dared to attack corruption and is prepared to pay the price. I have said it before, and I will say it again, behind every consistently corrupt cop there is a crooked lawyer, a reckless politician, and a greedy businessman. Therefore, after May 24, the untouchables in business, in the police, in the Customs, must be challenged.

Whichever party wins, that group must appreciate the development strategy that involves consultation before imposition. The leader of the Partnership has called for constitutional reform that involves a fixed election date, term limits for Prime Ministers—two terms—and the right to recall MPs. If Kamla Persad-Bissessar becomes the first female Prime Minister, we would hope that she engages the process that would make the vision a reality. Because expressions of nobility are articulated when folks are in the opposition, and when they become the government, those ideals are placed on the backburner. But with a few days to go, we would not have very long to wait to separate the genuine from the cosmetic. Let us remember that sections of our Constitution nourish the maximum leadership style and that is why we have to engage in reform after meaningful dialogue. Bodies here, bodies there, bodies everywhere. Pregnant woman shot and killed along with her partner. Imagine at a wake people are being killed. Death producing death!

But what about Michelle Samaroo, 23? She went in search of a job and was brutally abducted and murdered. We need the three Cs to deal with crime and corruption. We have to be clinical, consistent and courageous. A spiralling crime rate reflects our inconsistency in the destruction of the monster called corruption. Imagine children playing with stepfather’s weapon, legal or illegal? Then a shot pierces the valley, a child drops dead. This is the climax of lawbreaking, indiscipline and missing fathers. The problems are so deep and pervasive; consequently we must be clinical, consistent and courageous. After May 24, who will defend the righteous who are being oppressed by the wicked? This calls for faith and courage, because ultimately light will triumph over darkness. After May 24, we have to deal with the decreasing amount of role models in the society. Think of the senior officer, a superintendent if you please, driving on the Priority Bus Route who refused to hand over his insurance. He fled the scene, leaving his permit behind.

What about the law and justice? We have to be clinical, consistent, and courageous. We have to do the research, get the facts and take the best actions in the interest of the country. What about the most horrific act for 2010, perhaps greater than any tragedy that took place in 2009? This was the fiery destruction of five members of the Douragh family. Already it has been suggested that politics may be splashed over the ocean of this bizarre murder. Hello there, children perished in the blaze, triggered by demon-possessed beasts in human form. After May 24, we would have to follow the biblical advice and resist false prophets who mislead and misinform leaders. Let us examine Matthew 24:23,
24:23. Then if any man shall say unto you, lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

There is a phenomenal example in the Bible involving King Saul and the witch of Endor. The king had outlawed witchcraft but he returned to her to get advice. This witch claimed to have the power to communicate with the dead, but in fact she was flirting with the devil. After this encounter, depressed Saul went to battle, perceiving that the spirit of God had left him and he committed suicide. His sons were also killed that day. Israel experienced a compound tragedy. After May 24, some religious leaders will have to repent for encouraging their members to vote along racial lines. O what a tangled web we weave, when we first set out to deceive. It is incredible that religious leaders who preach about grace and forgiveness would use the pulpit to propagate racism. Religious leaders must be instruments of healing and not political tools compromising spiritual principles and injecting hatred into their members.

After May 24, we would have to cope with the clinical reality of victims of abuse becoming abusers. After May 24, we would have to respond to the black male crisis. We would have to build a bridge between the hills of Laventille and the plains of Caroni. We have to proclaim the sanctity of life as we deal with the thorny issue of abortion. We are here to protect life, not to destroy it. Every child is appointed by God to perform a special function which is called the mission. Finally, speakers on the politi-cal platform must display a passion for injecting hope in our citizens!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2010, 07:57:03 PM »
'Vex' vote could see TNT moving in  a catastrophic direction of further degradation. The xisiting opposition  parties are sitting in the best position because  what is presently ruling is taking a lot of  'heat' and major discontentment is apparent.

However the electorates could simply vote out the ruler in his constituency riding; rule out the minister of security and let's move on from there.

When allyuh go in that booth THINK twice as to whether or not these so call opposition parities are selling you a bag of hot air and fruitless promises.

Right now AB people just fed up and doh give ah ass what Kamla and her posse planning for the nation. People just want Manning OUT. And they will tell you in your face, that they voting for the coalition just to get Manning out.  Simple!

AirMan

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2010, 08:42:41 PM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2010, 09:11:27 PM »

Right now AB people just fed up and doh give ah ass what Kamla and her posse planning for the nation. People just want Manning OUT. And they will tell you in your face, that they voting for the coalition just to get Manning out.  Simple!

Simple as u say wit all d free education peeps dunce no tail. So Manning gone all will b well. I will neva 4get when manning came 2 power in 1991 he give dem back deh 10%  but Income Tax went up 2 35% mankind cuss. Then Panday tell dem a debt is a debt and it must b paid in cash is when Manning get back in power d arreas was settle so let dem get rid ah Manning and we will b dancin in d streets from d 31st give she ahwk 2 put d kitchen cabinet 2gether.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2010, 03:15:19 AM »

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

That my BROTHERS AND SISTERS IS THE REASON why people voting. Wednesday we go try and figure out what the hell Kamla and her posse up too. And in 6 months call another elections. By then the coalition mash up because Warner find Assam tiefin the money faster dan he.

na..warner does tief by d millions..assam, by d thawzens

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2010, 04:15:36 AM »
Mrs John why does she have to write a letter describing anything... look at the pics or visit the woman...

http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/05/19/mom-2-kids-live-fowl-pen

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2010, 08:28:54 AM »
the coalition manifesto is available online
www.coptnt.com

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2010, 10:09:32 PM »

Simple as u say wit all d free education peeps dunce no tail. So Manning gone all will b well. I will neva 4get when manning came 2 power in 1991 he give dem back deh 10%  but Income Tax went up 2 35% mankind cuss. Then Panday tell dem a debt is a debt and it must b paid in cash is when Manning get back in power d arreas was settle so let dem get rid ah Manning and we will b dancin in d streets from d 31st give she ahwk 2 put d kitchen cabinet 2gether.

You don't seem to understand that it is not about whether all will be well with the country when manning out. The fact of the matter is no one wants to give that swell headed idiot and his acolytes any kind of caution for his (their) misguided delusions of grandeur, blatant disregard to the concerns of the citizenry, and complete refusal to accept the error of their ways.

What you have is an (essentially with a few notable exceptions) popular (or at least populist) policy being implemented by a decidedly unpopular government.

Is not just Manning have to go: I would throw Marlene, Emily, Colm, Martin, Conrad, Karen, Hazel (and possibly Amery) under the bus as well. Is just that getting rid of Patos is the fastest way to get that clearing out done - all ah them could lose their seat and then still get put back as senator ministers (Martin, Conrad, Emily and Hazel not even going up)

now if only the coalition didn't make me steups every other hour I wouldn't be flipping this coin...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2010, 10:28:03 PM »
For those who doh support nun ah dem... ah cayr do that because their is no such thing as "nun ah dem" when yuh voting... One of the top 3 will win... and go on to run de country... if I had it my way I would still have the NAR... but this is wishful thinking..!

come on NAR in modern language is spelt COP.

Listen in my view, if an Indian had taken over the PNM, their base would not have accepted that - simple. Imagine is indian making most use of the pnmistic ways and benefiting behind the scenes and the african base didn't/doesnt mind that, but if an Indian take over leadership then it will be right up in their faces and that was/is unacceptable.

true dat.

Bullshit ... ribbit you never fail to disappoint. Viewed strictly through the lens of race, it would have been a watershed moment for the country, and possibly a favourable tipping point. There would have been no revolt of the masses because of the circumstances under which the transition would have occurred.

On a level it's difficult to distill the 80s political climate from the vantage point of hindsight and the vitriol of the political climate 30 years on, but the polarity and invective of present circumstances were unfamiliar then. It very well may have been a poor call by the powers that be (from the perspective of long-term political implications) to usher in Mr. Chambers.

Then again ... me eh know, I din have no Japanese garden in my backyard. ;)

Not so sure that it is bullshit you know.  The PNM had a great propensity to discriminate against Hindus, and while Kamal was NOT a hindu, you must remember that indians were bottom of the socio-economic ladder.

There was an interesting occurrence when lots of Indians boycotted the polls and PNM under Eric Williams swept every seat in the election.  Do you know what caused this to happen?

I wasn't around then, but everything I hear told me that the boycott took place ostensibly because of protests against the continued use of voting machines that were deemed rigged by the then Opposition, led by ANR Robinson. It is likely that in truth and in fact, Robinson (then leader of the ACDC, knew pertinently he could not win the election and sought to undermine the PNM's credibility in the wake of the Black Power elections by orchestrating the no vote campaign.
The reason that so many Indians boycotted, however was that the DLP, Robinson's coalition partner in that election, was a decidely Indian supported party, and the major vote gatherer in Trinidad. What is quite weird about the boycott is that is was essentially a one man decision by Robinson, and leader of the DLP at the time was not consulted (he essentially found out about it on the platform while waiting for Mr. Robinson to finish his speech)
What occurred is that most of the non PNM Indian vote cast that year was actually loyalty votes for Badase Sagan Maraj, the man who had been the pioneer of party politics among the Indian electorate, and who was then sidelined when the DLP was formed to counter the PNM.

Is pretty much the equivalent of today, if Rowley quit the PNM, start a Tobago party called the RWB (Rottweiler Brigade), had join up with the UNC after Kamla wipe the floor with Bas to contest this election, then get up on a joint platform one day just before the election to announce that he call on all conscientous and responsible citizens to boycott the polls because he has conclusive proof that EBC are loaded with PNM cronies and have been since 2002...and finally only Bas' new party support went out and vote while the PNM loyalists make mas

sounds weird eh?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:29:45 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2010, 11:31:43 PM »
Mrs John why does she have to write a letter describing anything... look at the pics or visit the woman...

Come on man... allyuh criticism of any and everything 'government' bordering on the irrational now.  How feasible is it for a government Minister... or even a delegate to go out and visit every needy person in TnT when a letter from that person can easily get the ball rolling?  Besides, anybody can stage a picture... as well they can lie in a letter, but at least with a letter you have their words to use against them in case the lie ever gets uncovered.  With just a picture it may be harder to prove a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2010, 08:07:03 AM »
For those not in TT...racism has reared it's ugly head and it is truly shocking to hear the comments made by people on the street.

From both sides

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2010, 08:16:09 AM »
For those not in TT...racism has reared it's ugly head and it is truly shocking to hear the comments made by people on the street.

From both sides

Yep. I rel fraid for next week. I feeling like dis place going and explode.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2010, 08:53:39 AM »

From both sides

u shud check d Team Alphabet facebook page..my word if u seed racist nasty comments on there...well that was wen i saw it bout a 3 weeks ago...i aint kno if they clean it up since then...tings relly ridiculous

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2010, 12:10:48 PM »

Come on man... allyuh criticism of any and everything 'government' bordering on the irrational now.  How feasible is it for a government Minister... or even a delegate to go out and visit every needy person in TnT when a letter from that person can easily get the ball rolling?  Besides, anybody can stage a picture... as well they can lie in a letter, but at least with a letter you have their words to use against them in case the lie ever gets uncovered.  With just a picture it may be harder to prove a deliberate attempt to mislead.
I work in the public service. We have rules and procedures designed to ensure accountability and relative efficiency. Sometimes when there is a special case you still need to operate within the rules, even if that means accelerating the process you still have to go through it.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »

From both sides

so give me some examples of what is being said in a nutshell? i havent heard about any racist remarks from the ground from people back home, however i am not doubting you and there probably is but it would be good to know what is being said and how politics has divided the nation even further
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:29:59 PM by Controversial »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2010, 12:38:06 PM »
d illuminati jus lovin every minute ah dis

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2010, 12:42:28 PM »

From both sides

No explosion eh go take place dat is what peeps what but nutten go happen. If UNC eh win dey go do like in 2002 dey go put dey tail dey tail between dey leg and probably doh come and sell in d market 4 ah few days.

If PNM eh win nobody gob shock and evry body will go bout dey business.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2010, 12:45:18 PM »

You don't seem to understand that it is not about whether all will be well with the country when manning out. The fact of the matter is no one wants to give that swell headed idiot and his acolytes any kind of caution for his (their) misguided delusions of grandeur, blatant disregard to the concerns of the citizenry, and complete refusal to accept the error of their ways.

What you have is an (essentially with a few notable exceptions) popular (or at least populist) policy being implemented by a decidedly unpopular government.

Is not just Manning have to go: I would throw Marlene, Emily, Colm, Martin, Conrad, Karen, Hazel (and possibly Amery) under the bus as well. Is just that getting rid of Patos is the fastest way to get that clearing out done - all ah them could lose their seat and then still get put back as senator ministers (Martin, Conrad, Emily and Hazel not even going up)

now if only the coalition didn't make me steups every other hour I wouldn't be flipping this coin...

I willing 2 throw all dem under d bus but dat eh what peeps sayin dey sayin get rid ah Manning. D only ting is that d next set ah drivers eh no betta.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2010, 01:09:18 PM »
d illuminati jus lovin every minute ah dis

Who??  The ones that summon Patos to come up Goodwood Park about two months ago??.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2010, 01:38:36 PM »

From both sides

No explosion eh go take place dat is what peeps what but nutten go happen. If UNC eh win dey go do like in 2002 dey go put dey tail dey tail between dey leg and probably doh come and sell in d market 4 ah few days.

If PNM eh win nobody gob shock and evry body will go bout dey business.

people must stay away from race and start to think about the management of the nation, this race issue is getting old in tt, all races suffer when there is an incompetent govt.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »
TI in the ideal world it should be so but it is not.

T+T has not grown up and matured.

Look at our leaders...not one good discussion, only mudslinging.

It starts at the top and dat is wha the populace like, lackaray and bacchanal.

Also there are many duncees among us. They will listen to whoever shouts the loudest and they believe it is so.

Their vote is had for a jersey, a softdrink or mauby a plate of food and $200 for each political meeting they attend. Maxi picking yuh up and dropping yuh home.

But it will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth and gums come next tues for plenty people down here.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2010, 02:12:25 PM »

Also there are many duncees among us. They will listen to whoever shouts the loudest and they believe it is so.

Their vote is had for a jersey, a softdrink or mauby a plate of food and $200 for each political meeting they attend. Maxi picking yuh up and dropping yuh home.

But it will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth and gums come next tues for plenty people down here.

agree 100% with you family, you are one fellah who i respect in terms of what happening on the ground.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »

I glad 4 dem tue is ah normal day go 2 d people wuk.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2010, 05:23:25 PM »

yuh eh lie at all dey touches.  right now some relationships i have with some of my indian friends more or less strained. i am shocked to hear d racist things they sayin and some of the posts that they put on facebook, when jus a couple of months ago everybody limin and lovin one another. dis election really upsetting and i cant wait for it to be over an done with.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2010, 05:27:42 PM »

I work in the public service. We have rules and procedures designed to ensure accountability and relative efficiency. Sometimes when there is a special case you still need to operate within the rules, even if that means accelerating the process you still have to go through it.
I agree that the system of filling out the required forms should be followed even though the family is clearly in dire straits
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>