April 29, 2024, 08:17:37 PM

Poll

Given the current state of Trinidad and Tobago, how and what will influence your decisions if you are given a chance to ink a finger?

PNM
25 (41%)
UNC
21 (34.4%)
COP
6 (9.8%)
NJAC
4 (6.6%)
Other
5 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?  (Read 97461 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2010, 05:42:37 PM »

When will we take personal responsibility and stop trying to use Patrick Manning as an excuse for all ills!!"

He is not an excuse for all ills.  But I find he have to go.  In fact he is one of the ills and I am taking personal responsibility for using my vote in the effort to put him out.
When Manning gone then what?

what you mean by that?  it only have one Prime Ministerial candidate? 

serious question(for anyone who wants to answer): what do you think can reasonably be expected to get worse (or better) if the PNM didn't win the election?

Or maybe you mean, within the PNM?

I don't know who going to win, but I would like to believe that if the PNM lose they will come under new leadership in the relatively short-term future.

That should definitely be the case if PNM loses!

All yuh doh understand d PNM as an organization. It is not 1 man 1 vote like d UNC. So d party grps eh like Rowley and he cyah win no party election unless Patos say he is d man.

He eh Manning choice so PNM get voted out d battle go b 4 Rowley 2 win d hearts ah d FAB who control d party.

Can the PNM could change their constitution to make it one man, one vote??  Just asking....as an outside observer, I eh like that party groups thing....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »

When will we take personal responsibility and stop trying to use Patrick Manning as an excuse for all ills!!"

He is not an excuse for all ills.  But I find he have to go.  In fact he is one of the ills and I am taking personal responsibility for using my vote in the effort to put him out.
When Manning gone then what?

what you mean by that?  it only have one Prime Ministerial candidate? 

serious question(for anyone who wants to answer): what do you think can reasonably be expected to get worse (or better) if the PNM didn't win the election?

Or maybe you mean, within the PNM?

I don't know who going to win, but I would like to believe that if the PNM lose they will come under new leadership in the relatively short-term future.

That should definitely be the case if PNM loses!

All yuh doh understand d PNM as an organization. It is not 1 man 1 vote like d UNC. So d party grps eh like Rowley and he cyah win no party election unless Patos say he is d man.

He eh Manning choice so PNM get voted out d battle go b 4 Rowley 2 win d hearts ah d FAB who control d party.

Can the PNM could change their constitution to make it one man, one vote??  Just asking....as an outside observer, I eh like that party groups thing....

Cyah answer I is just a student of history and does watch how ting does unfold so when Kiethos challenge Patos I compared when PJ went up against Portia when I was in JA at d time so that is how I know bout d PNM. Me eh member ah no political party and eh likely 2 join none in d near future.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »
Weary, what is the FAB?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2010, 06:07:37 PM »
Weary, what is the FAB?

Fat Ass Brigade of which Marjorie Bepatsingh is d leader. All yuh eh know d history of sweet TNT.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »
Weary, what is the FAB?

Fat Ass Brigade of which Marjorie Bepatsingh is d leader. All yuh eh know d history of sweet TNT.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: right right

yeah, peeps on here does call that "Friendism" ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2010, 06:42:31 PM »
@ Cana, girl I'm not sure how that fella came about his results, but he did say he's not a pollster so I guess that explains a lot.

In the absence of the great NACTA poll  ::)  ::), the next best thing I found was a poll Hamid Ghany did for CNMG.  He focused on the marginals.  The ones I caught were

San Juan/Barataria - People's Partnership
Tunapuna - trending People's Partnership
Lopinot/Bon Air West - trending people's partnership   ???  ???
St. Joseph - Too close to call. 

Dr. Ghany said it was interesting that the poll was able to pick up at least a result and trends in the other marginals but St. Joseph was too close to call.  I know the reason; HERBERT VOLNEY.....I'm willing to bet if he was not the candidate for the opposition that seat would have been won already.....

There was one other marginal in Trinidad that he discussed but I can't remember which one.  I remember that it was trending People's Partnership and it raised my eyebrows...

He said Tobago West is looking like it would be won by the TOP while Tobago East is too close to call.....which is really strange because I always felt that if the TOP won at least one Tobago seat it would be the East seat with a fight for the West....hhhhhmmmm....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »
De ting gettin sticky icky....

Outside PM's residence:

Sad Sad day in this country's history...Sums up some Trinidadians...No respect whatsoever...To deface the official residence of the prime minister  is very low in my opinion...No wonder we in the state that we in today..!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2010, 07:07:07 PM »

Outside PM's residence:

Sad Sad day in this country's history...Sums up some Trinidadians...No respect whatsoever...To deface the official residence of the prime minister  is very low in my opinion...No wonder we in the state that we in today..!!

We like it so.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2010, 08:46:33 PM »
Education

The UNC neglected Teachers Training Colleges.  The PNM spent significantly to improve them and even increased the entry requirements of the service.

Technical/Vocational training. They neglected or discontinued  social programmes that assisted young people in this area.

The UNC stalled the passage of Police reform bills and anti money laundering legislation.

But Manning is a dictator so those things don't matter.

Noted. 

I think in particular that Kamla wasn't a very good Minister of Education.

Like yuh fraid to say it. She was terrible. The same way she allowed students who couldn't make 40 % in common entrance to enter secondary school she wants to be promoted to Prime Minister.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2010, 09:22:53 PM »
@ Cana, girl I'm not sure how that fella came about his results, but he did say he's not a pollster so I guess that explains a lot.

In the absence of the great NACTA poll  ::)  ::), the next best thing I found was a poll Hamid Ghany did for CNMG.  He focused on the marginals.  The ones I caught were

San Juan/Barataria - People's Partnership
Tunapuna - trending People's Partnership
Lopinot/Bon Air West - trending people's partnership   ???  ???
St. Joseph - Too close to call. 

Dr. Ghany said it was interesting that the poll was able to pick up at least a result and trends in the other marginals but St. Joseph was too close to call.  I know the reason; HERBERT VOLNEY.....I'm willing to bet if he was not the candidate for the opposition that seat would have been won already.....

There was one other marginal in Trinidad that he discussed but I can't remember which one.  I remember that it was trending People's Partnership and it raised my eyebrows...

He said Tobago West is looking like it would be won by the TOP while Tobago East is too close to call.....which is really strange because I always felt that if the TOP won at least one Tobago seat it would be the East seat with a fight for the West....hhhhhmmmm....

Well, St Joseph shocked me. I always thought Kenny was their breadfruit! I honestly didn't expect a great challenge from the judge. Sando West - Manning losing his seat? Ahtall!!
Anyway everybody predicating yes. I have this gut feeling that Manning coming right back. Nothing ain't changing, all the promises will be there for the next elections and my people still feting.

I wonder if the Prime Minister's residence have surveillance cameras? I want them catch that jackass who defaced the wall.  Set a damn example of them.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »
Education

The UNC neglected Teachers Training Colleges.  The PNM spent significantly to improve them and even increased the entry requirements of the service.

Technical/Vocational training. They neglected or discontinued  social programmes that assisted young people in this area.

The UNC stalled the passage of Police reform bills and anti money laundering legislation.

Noted. 

Like yuh fraid to say it. She was terrible. The same way she allowed students who couldn't make 40 % in common entrance to enter secondary school she wants to be promoted to Prime Minister.

30 per cent not 40 per cent is Hazel who let dem do it ovah.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »
Education

Noted. 

No I'm not afraid to say it: everyone that I trust to know about it better than I agrees with your assessment.  (I wasn't living in T&T at the time and honestly I wasn't keeping very close tabs on the situation).  I am also in favour of some PNM-supported measures: notably, I think we need TTRA and rapid rail.  

Overall, I still think the UNCOP is the better option.  Nobody is going to change their mind at this stage but I just find it hard to understand when people say things to the effect that the alternative will be much worse.  

When UNC was doing rubbish they get put out.  And rightly so.  I find the PNM has been even worse this time around.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2010, 09:37:51 PM »
challenge from the judge. Sando West - Manning losing his seat? Ahtall!!

Patos in Sando East.

Sando West does seem to change MPs every election even when the party remains the same.  I think Junia Regrello would be the first to win the seat twice in a row since at least '81 if he wins.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »
haha ah strike a nerve or wha? last time ah check the board was free speech, the truth does offend ignorant fools who cant debate a topic sensibly without insulting. save yuh monkey gland raising for carrera nah :devil:

You giving yuhself way too much credit... "strike a nerve"?  I juss refuse tuh give yuh ah pass with dat bullshit yuh talking.  You want to talk about who "ignorant" and "cant [sic] debate a topic sensibly without insulting"... yet you's de man who dismiss people  who refuse to support UNC-COP as being "racist".  What part ah dat "sensible"?  You want to talk like ah fool and yet get vex when people treat yuh like one.  Make up yuh mind what yuh want to do then we'll take it from there.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2010, 10:40:40 PM »

As Weary say... we like it so.  If yuh disagree with something the solution isn't just to oppose it... it is to attack it.  Yuh ent see how Alicia Hospedales get douse with paint juss cause ah next man vex wid PNM?

Yet we vex because Abu Bakr bun down de Red House.  How is this any different... because fire wasn't the implement of choice this time?  Man grinning and laffing kee kee... next time is de courts dey go start mashing up when dey eh get de rulings dey like.  Tings nice man.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2010, 11:24:35 PM »

Outside PM's residence:

more like a sad state of security even the prime minister has. image how it is for a normal citizen.  Where is the security or even security cameras. You think anyone could do this to the white house and at Number 10 Downing Street in London without being caught?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
4 more years baby,cmon.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2010, 11:25:42 PM »
haha ah strike a nerve or wha? last time ah check the board was free speech, the truth does offend ignorant fools who cant debate a topic sensibly without insulting. save yuh monkey gland raising for carrera nah :devil:

You giving yuhself way too much credit... "strike a nerve"?  I juss refuse tuh give yuh ah pass with dat bullshit yuh talking.  You want to talk about who "ignorant" and "cant [sic] debate a topic sensibly without insulting"... yet you's de man who dismiss people  who refuse to support UNC-COP as being "racist".  What part ah dat "sensible"?  You want to talk like ah fool and yet get vex when people treat yuh like one.  Make up yuh mind what yuh want to do then we'll take it from there.

i didnt see you riding in on your horse when another poster agreed with me.

im merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the board and some of its posters, i support neither party, in fact to let you know how radical i am, i would vote njac every time above all the other parties. So you shouldnt be asking me the question of whether my statement is legitimate, you should ask the others who profess to want a non corrupt regime whether they are true to the improvement and prosperity of the nation.

i have no hesitation in pointing out the corruption of any party, especially the current unc, but they are not in office, nor are they faced with corruption charges while governing.

nor is it an endorsement of the party, i am merely an onlooker observing posters behaviors who claim to be unbiased. but in turn endorse a party whose corruption was uncovered, yet the same individuals acted much differently under other circumstances.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:29:22 PM by Controversial »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2010, 12:17:20 AM »

Why should I respond to the follower who cosigning onto your bullshit when I could respond to both ah allyuh by refuting your nonsense directly? Yuh feel I have time to respond to every jackass braying in de night?  No, so consider yuhself special.

im merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the board and some of its posters, i support neither party, in fact to let you know how radical i am, i would vote njac every time above all the other parties. So you shouldnt be asking me the question of whether my statement is legitimate, you should ask the others who profess to want a non corrupt regime whether they are true to the improvement and prosperity of the nation.

I didn't ask you shit and don't need to... you talking shit that yuh can't prove or substantiate.  You juss trying hard to to come off like some kinda straight shooter unafraid to ruffle feathers.  You in one fell swoop dismiss everybody who supporting PNM over UNC-COP as racist just because as you see it, both parties thief.  How de ass you know what going on inside anybody head?  You barely know what going on inside your own blasted head to try tuh say you know who's closet racist from who ent racist.  And then have nerve to talk about thank God you come from mixed family?  You remind me ah dem white people who forever trying to be down by telling black people about they late great granny on dey father second cousin side who also was quarter black.

i have no hesitation in pointing out the corruption of any party, especially the current unc, but they are not in office, nor are they faced with corruption charges while governing.

nor is it an endorsement of the party, i am merely an onlooker observing posters behaviors who claim to be unbiased. but in turn endorse a party whose corruption was uncovered, yet the same individuals acted much differently under other circumstances.

Who is these mystery posters yuh talking about?  Call names and done... if yuh so "controversial" call dem out fuh dey racism, doh hide behind bullshit by raking in other people who refuse to support Kamla and she Lost Brigade.  Jack Warner is a thief and everybody who have eyes and care to see can see that.  Volney is ah next crook who making his bed next to Jack.  These are the "leaders" who Kamla putting up fuh election in she party?  She bounce she f**king head or what?  And what... because people ent want to support dem dey racist?  Look man rock so with dat bullshit yes.

AirMan

« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2010, 12:27:32 AM »

link http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/05/21/mcleod-turn-guanapo-church-jail

McLeod: Turn Guanapo church into jail
Sascha Wilson
Published: 21 May 2010
Sascha Wilson
People’s Partnership candidate for Pointe-a-Pierre, Errol McLeod, has hinted that if it is proven state funds were used to build the controversial church on the Heights of Guanapo, it would be turned into a jail, if the party comes into power.

Speaking Wednesday night at a political meeting at Palmiste Park, McLeod said: “We are being told that the jails are filled to capacity. “I am sure one of the projects that seriously needs investigating is the Guanapo project, and when we find out for sure, when we confirm that indeed the building for Guanapo was credited to the palace, we are going to spend another $20 to $30 million to put jail facilities in Guanapo,” he said.

He also said they would put legislation, if necessary, to ensure migrant labourers were not employed at the expense of local workers and labourers. He also said they were committed to taking to opening training facilities for youths. He said there was a large percentage of the work force which were unskilled. “T&T used to supply welders, as we supply oil men, to Saudia Arabia. They were trained right here.”

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2010, 12:38:11 AM »
where he gonna train the youths in the jail ?
What he shoulda do was turn the Church into the school ,to train the youths ent .
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:48:35 AM by Quags »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2010, 12:42:40 AM »

Why should I respond to the follower who cosigning onto your bullshit when I could respond to both ah allyuh by refuting your nonsense directly? Yuh feel I have time to respond to every jackass braying in de night?  No, so consider yuhself special.

I didn't ask you shit and don't need to... you talking shit that yuh can't prove or substantiate.  You juss trying hard to to come off like some kinda straight shooter unafraid to ruffle feathers.  You in one fell swoop dismiss everybody who supporting PNM over UNC-COP as racist just because as you see it, both parties thief.  How de ass you know what going on inside anybody head?  You barely know what going on inside your own blasted head to try tuh say you know who's closet racist from who ent racist.  And then have nerve to talk about thank God you come from mixed family?  You remind me ah dem white people who forever trying to be down by telling black people about they late great granny on dey father second cousin side who also was quarter black.

Who is these mystery posters yuh talking about?  Call names and done... if yuh so "controversial" call dem out fuh dey racism, doh hide behind bullshit by raking in other people who refuse to support Kamla and she Lost Brigade.  Jack Warner is a thief and everybody who have eyes and care to see can see that.  Volney is ah next crook who making his bed next to Jack.  These are the "leaders" who Kamla putting up fuh election in she party?  She bounce she f**king head or what?  And what... because people ent want to support dem dey racist?  Look man rock so with dat bullshit yes.

haha your funny to read, up to now you havent addressed the other hypocrites on the board, special my a%$, you try to target individuals you personally dont like and you never addressed the other poster, every comment was directed to me, wheel and come again, your senseless mind games not working on me, your sounding more convoluted than educated.

once again this is not an endorsement of uncop, but yet you claim that i am an avid supporter, it seems like my comments hit home with you bc in your mind your vote is already decided or else you wouldnt be trying to attack like a rot when yuh only meowing.

it seems as though, only one party is a sinner, maybe you should be the man to caste the first stone. the only problem with that is the current admin is under fire, from what i remember unc not in power, but of course you cant point out the corruption of pnm bc you will be accused of being a supporter of the unc and chastised.

no wonder tt going down the drain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2010, 02:34:18 AM »
Buh a-a JC yuh change yuh chune????  uh was backing Mannign BIG time earlier.
Seriously bro, i never really liked the PNM, and i never really hated the UNC either, i just hated panday and all his racist following and policies.

i just think that for a small country as ours, crime should not be such an issue. IMO manning shoulda put an end to this nonsense ah long time ago, BC 1.5 million ppl eh nothing tuh manage! especially when yuh workin with ah land mass of 50 by 100 miles if so much.

i say give another party ah chance, after all, i doubt anyone could do worst. JMO.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2010, 07:45:19 AM »
wheyyy, Jack real deadly boy...allyuh ent see how jack hand the man the money easy easy yeaterday in sando west, as if nutten happen..lol.lol :rotfl: :rotfl:
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »
wheyyy, Jack real deadly boy...allyuh ent see how jack hand the man the money easy easy yeaterday in sando west, as if nutten happen..lol.lol :rotfl: :rotfl:

Post d link nah

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2010, 08:16:34 AM »
send the link to Jennings :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2010, 08:25:26 AM »

link http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/05/21/mcleod-turn-guanapo-church-jail

McLeod: Turn Guanapo church into jail
Sascha Wilson
Published: 21 May 2010
Sascha Wilson
People’s Partnership candidate for Pointe-a-Pierre, Errol McLeod, has hinted that if it is proven state funds were used to build the controversial church on the Heights of Guanapo, it would be turned into a jail, if the party comes into power.
Speaking Wednesday night at a political meeting at Palmiste Park, McLeod said: “We are being told that the jails are filled to capacity. “I am sure one of the projects that seriously needs investigating is the Guanapo project, and when we find out for sure, when we confirm that indeed the building for Guanapo was credited to the palace, we are going to spend another $20 to $30 million to put jail facilities in Guanapo,” he said.

He also said they would put legislation, if necessary, to ensure migrant labourers were not employed at the expense of local workers and labourers. He also said they were committed to taking to opening training facilities for youths. He said there was a large percentage of the work force which were unskilled. “T&T used to supply welders, as we supply oil men, to Saudia Arabia. They were trained right here.”

Steups this party is ALL about the country ent...First the prime minister's residence going to be turned into an orphanage, now this clown talking about turning some church into a jail...They not ready yet..

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2010, 08:27:18 AM »
Ato Boldon is a UNC supporter......

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2010, 08:29:33 AM »
not only that
but he was a UNC senator
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2010, 08:34:15 AM »
not only that
but he was a UNC senator

ENTTTTTTTTT

1]; } ?>